The FIFA 10 PS3/360 Editing Thread

Thanks for explaining, how did you get to be the data editor for those teams then? I presume it's something you don't get paid for. Anyway, being from Sheffield myself I know plenty about the two local teams so if I spot anything else I'll flag it up.

As for Kilgallon's positions, I understand what you're saying. I was using him as a quick example that I remembered. I think that on FIFA, just as in PES (although PES is even worse for this) players are assigned too many positions which can often make the game unrealistic e.g. both Ferdinand and Vidic can both play CDM apparently!

Anyway, no worries about the editing side of things. I was huge into editing on PES over the years, and now I've started playing FIFA I've been looking at the different things I can do to customise and enhance my game. I've actually found a good example of a player at last for who it will be useful to edit their primary position: Diamanti for West Ham. He has CAM as his primary position, which for me is totally wrong. His other positions are CF and ST which is fine, but his main position should be RF - so I can edit this which will delete the CAM position and make him more realistic.

1. Yes I'm a data editor and edited 9 teams for Fifa10:

Brighton & Hove Albion
Charlton Athletic
Crewe Alexandra
Derby County
Hereford
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Tranmere Rovers
West Bromwich Albion

2. Yes in the next squad update he'll now be left footed, data editors edit all aspects of a player/team, stats,attributes, traits, appearance, team tactics, formation, set piece takes etc. etc. some of us are really good, some of us are really bad and get replaced annually by EA, I've done the last 3 Fifa's so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle ;)

3. I can't really comment on the in game edit mode as it's outside my area of work.

The reason why such a huge producer would outsource the data collection and editing to freelances who either don't have the slightest clue or aren't experienced in the field (and most likely don't get paid much, if at all either) instead of relying on services such as Stats Stadium, OPTA and the likes is beyond me, that's how Konami achieved players' individuality you know...

No wonder the players' characterization sucks so much.

Last edited:
I'm sure you're really not trying to insult me there......

You're encouraging them to stick with their cheap-ass policies in several ways so feel free to consider yourself insulted as well.

No matter how you slice it, they're basically enslaving fans and people who are desperate to "get into the industry" to half-ass a job which ends up affecting quite a bit the quality of the final product just to save money and that's both lame and disrespectful toward the playerbase.

Last edited:
You're encouraging them to stick with their cheap-ass policies in several ways so feel free to consider yourself insulted as well.

No matter how you slice it, they're basically enslaving fans and people who are desperate to "get into the industry" to half-ass a job which ends up affecting quite a bit the quality of the final product just to save money and that's both lame and disrespectful toward the playerbase.

1. In that case, go fuck yourself, there's a love :)

2. If you knew anything at all you'd know the problem of player differentiation in Fifa is a core engine / gameplay design issue rather than a stat/attribute/trait aspect, sure the player data isn't 100% perfect but considering how many players/teams there are I think on the whole a pretty decent job is done.

The issue, as I said already, lies in the game design/engine implementation, wrong foot is a perfect example, players have the correct wrong foot stat (as provided by we "slave, half assed" data editors), the problem is the Fifa engine doesn't take it into account enough and thus Chris Brunt (for example) who has not only a correctly set weak right foot of "completely useless" but also the "avoids using weak foot" trait can hit perfect first time right footed shots/crosses.

3. So I reiterate, you know nothing.

4. Please see point 1.

One of my biggest annoyance of FIFA so far is player tend to use their weaker foot more often everytime they kick the ball.

I hope that they can sort this out.. I think this area is more of a game engine problem

1. In that case, go fuck yourself, there's a love :)

2. If you knew anything at all you'd know the problem of player differentiation in Fifa is a core engine / gameplay design issue rather than a stat/attribute/trait aspect, sure the player data isn't 100% perfect but considering how many players/teams there are I think on the whole a pretty decent job is done.

The issue, as I said already, lies in the game design/engine implementation, wrong foot is a perfect example, players have the correct wrong foot stat (as provided by we "slave, half assed" data editors), the problem is the Fifa engine doesn't take it into account enough and thus Chris Brunt (for example) who has not only a correctly set weak right foot of "completely useless" but also the "avoids using weak foot" trait can hit perfect first time right footed shots/crosses.

3. So I reiterate, you know nothing.

4. Please see point 1.

Couldnt agree more.... Please consider point 1 written from me too ;)

And btw, Konami's stats suck that much, its general consensious since PLF's times that its the worst possible DB ever(if u compare to FM, FIFA and evan CM)... so, again u know nothing, just becasue Konami gets Messi or Kaka atributes ok(wich a 7 year old could do) doesnt mean their atributes for Internacional or other non top european club players is anywhere near what it should be.

Last edited:
can anyone post lastest adidas live rosters for 360 in xchange format??

and can post too the title update 1?? (its located in partition3\cache on 360 hdd)

i havent xboxlive

thx

I think the editing guys at EA have done a really good job this year with the database - in 08 and 09 quite a few Championship players were wrong (in appearance and/or rating) but this year they are much better :).

A few players have the wrong colour boots but I could fix that if I wanted to and they may have been correct at the time the database was finished.

can anyone post lastest adidas live rosters for 360 in xchange format??

and can post too the title update 1?? (its located in partition3\cache on 360 hdd)

i havent xboxlive

thx

That would be illegal.

Care to recommend me? How much you get paid by the way?

Sorry but it wouldn't be appropriate for me to recommend you as besides this forum I don't know you and thus couldn't tell EA how reliable you would (or wouldn't) be, it's also not appropriate for me to say how much we get paid, but don't expect to be able to live off it that's all I can say ;)

I think the editing guys at EA have done a really good job this year with the database - in 08 and 09 quite a few Championship players were wrong (in appearance and/or rating) but this year they are much better :).

A few players have the wrong colour boots but I could fix that if I wanted to and they may have been correct at the time the database was finished.

Coventry would have been better if I'd requested them in time ;)

That would be illegal.

Sorry but it wouldn't be appropriate for me to recommend you as besides this forum I don't know you and thus couldn't tell EA how reliable you would (or wouldn't) be, it's also not appropriate for me to say how much we get paid, but don't expect to be able to live off it that's all I can say ;)

Come on... I actually want to be an editor so I can do my part in giving players in lower leagues like MLS the individuality they deserve.

About the pay minimum wage for a hobby won't isn't bad.

So anyways does this new patch fuck up your editing?

First off, a big hello to everyone as i'm new on this board.

Secondly, i've experimented (as per bluchampblogger's advice) with Fifa10 and as a result i have realised that reducing passing speed as well as running speed drastically improves the playability of the game.

I've almost finished editing the entire Premier League (ps3) and i'll be putting my option file up for people to download in the next few days. However such editing is really time consuming due to the slowness of the Fifa10 menus. I'm basically wondering if there is any software available anywhere that would enable me to do the edits on my PC for me to then transfer to my PS3 via USB. That way the editing would be much quicker and less tiresome.

If this sort of quesiton is frowned upon on the main boards, please accept my apologies. If it is more appropriate to discuss this via PM then that is fine :-)

First off, a big hello to everyone as i'm new on this board.

Secondly, i've experimented (as per bluchampblogger's advice) with Fifa10 and as a result i have realised that reducing passing speed as well as running speed drastically improves the playability of the game.

I've almost finished editing the entire Premier League (ps3) and i'll be putting my option file up for people to download in the next few days. However such editing is really time consuming due to the slowness of the Fifa10 menus. I'm basically wondering if there is any software available anywhere that would enable me to do the edits on my PC for me to then transfer to my PS3 via USB. That way the editing would be much quicker and less tiresome.

If this sort of quesiton is frowned upon on the main boards, please accept my apologies. If it is more appropriate to discuss this via PM then that is fine :-)
Nice one mate, look forward to it, we have an editing forum but the PS3 and FIFA10 is a bit new to have settled there yet so chat in here is fine...

Can anyone suggest a good set of tactics for Millwall? I'm in my second season and was wondering if I use a custom tactic to improve their game play, I'm using a 4-3-2-1 formation at the moment.

Well if EA are balancing the teams in the new roster update is this now a waste of time if it gets overwritten?

I know it depends on how they change each team to play but at least there will be some variation so all the custom tactics slots wont get taken up.

That could be months away though and I need to start my new MM ASAP... ;)

Cant we upload the squads file from 360 memory card / HDD and just edit that on PC for like a temporary measure ?

I have the file just not sure if there is a program that will be able to read it. :FAIL:

Cant we upload the squads file from 360 memory card / HDD and just edit that on PC for like a temporary measure ?

I have the file just not sure if there is a program that will be able to read it. :FAIL:

You'd have to use explorer 360 with something like xsata\xport if you are using the hardrive. Xport is best as it's a docking station for your hdd.

Then once onto the PC you'd probably have to use a hex editor to edit the game save file.

You'd have to use explorer 360 with something like xsata\xport if you are using the hardrive. Xport is best as it's a docking station for your hdd.

Then once onto the PC you'd probably have to use a hex editor to edit the game save file.

I just use a standard SATA docking station to read my 360HDD, I use this one:

SATA HDD Multi-Function Dock with One Touch Backup

UCABL004900_03_L.jpg

I just use a standard SATA docking station to read my 360HDD, I use this one:

SATA HDD Multi-Function Dock with One Touch Backup

Nice

I suppose using xport you don't have to take the bugger out of it's casing.

I wish that with the 360 gamesaves you could somehow hex the faces from one player model to another.

Like use gameface to upload onto your virtual pro a face of an actual pro you've created then hex that saved face onto an original player and replace your VP with the ID of the other one.

Then step and repeat until you got all the faces onto your team.

If only we had a quality face editor built in! Sick of looking at the crap faces newcastle have.

List of international free-agents to put in the free-agents pool before starting a MM. Probably not complete but it's a start. Credit to 'Liverpöol' from the EA forums.

Nicolas Otamendi [Argentina]
Gonzalo Bergessio [Argentina]
Mario Ariel Bolatti [Argentina]
Sergio Romero [Argentina]

Lucas Neill [Australia]
Josh Kennedy [Australia]

Moussa Dembele [Belgium]

Darijo Srna [Croatia]
Mario Mandzukic [Croatia]

Mikkel Thygesen [Denmark]

Fidel Martinez [Ecuador]

Niklas Moisander [Finland]

Gergely Rudolf [Hungary]

Giampaolo Pazzini [Italy] edit: At Sampdoria

Nery Alberto Castillo [Mexico]
Efrain Juarez [Mexico]

Euzebiusz Smolarek [Poland]

Danny [Portugal]

Gabriel Tamas [Romania]

Sergei Semak [Russia]
Dmtry Sytchev [Russia]
Ivan Saenko [Russia]
Dmitry Torbinskiy [Russia]
Vladamir Bystrov [Russia]
Igor Akinfeev [Russia]
Igor Denisov [Russia]
Dzagoev

David Clarkson [Scotland]

Andras Kirm [Slovenia]
Armin Bacinovic [Slovenia]
Rene Mihelic [Slovenia]
Etien Velikonja [Slovenia]
Tim Mavatz [Slovenia]

Rasmus Elm [Sweden] edit: At AZ
Andreas Grandqvist [Sweden]

Gelson Fernandes [Switzerland] edit: At A.S.S.E

Stanislav Bogush [Ukraine]
Artem Milesvskyy [Ukraine]
Andriy Pyatov [Ukraine]

Last edited:
Done those now. I edited the above post with the players that turned out to have clubs. Also, I had to create three russian players to have enough to swap out the others.

I made PESYAKOV - GK, Gorbatenko - MF, Ryzhov - CF

Google them for appearance etc. Gorbatenko has a fairly impressive goal on YouTube.

Other players I've created:

Zenden

Last edited:
Add these to the list:

Christian Wilhelmsson [Sweden]
Juan Sebastian Veron [Argentina]

Also, I just realised the Russian players I created aren't in the MM once registered to Russia (to free up the other players) so you may aswell just make Russia GK 1 etc as quick as possible.

Back
Top Bottom