Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Never heard of this one before but just stumbled on it, looks interesting:

YouTube - The Forest Trailer
YouTube - The Forest Trailer 2

http://survivetheforest.com/

Seems like basically you survive a plane crash and land on an island maybe or at least end up in some kind of forest and you have to survive.

InPlane.jpg

DeadStewardess.jpg

DeadShark.jpg

SpreadingFire.jpg
CaveCeiling.jpg
NightEnemies.jpg

NightFire.jpg
SkullLeader.jpg
Mourning.jpg

Apparently it'll only be $15 (about £3.50 in real money)

Never heard of that one, googled and saw what it was about, any good?

Watched the trailers of The Forest now and like the look of what they're doing.

Looks great.

I see it supports the Occulus Rift, imagine it would be good with that as well.

(You may also be able to check your Facebook at the same time ;))

Early access was supposed to be out on Thursday but got a last minute delay to the 30th to fix some bugs, they released a couple of gifs:

TheForest_Blondy.gif

TheForest_Rabbit.gif

TheForest_PlaneCrash.gif

Yeah read some of the early reports and decided to hold off buying it for now, riddled with bugs left right and centre, no controller support, no save support, hopefully it will get refined very soon :)

Decided to buy it anyway! As broken as it is it looks like so much fun figured I'd buy it and have a little run around and then wait for the fixes :)

Haha I might end up getting it too it looks really good. A little rough round the edges but I have a yearning for some survival that Day Z did not fulfil. We'll see how long Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein take me. Probably have it by next weekend lol

There's a "hack" to enable infinite respawn which at least lets you keep playing without losing your progress on the stuff you're building etc etc but tbh I'm not sure even that makes it worth playing at this point, even when saving is presumably fixed I think it's better to wait a few months to get a more fleshed out game in keeping with their vision, that said though I'm happy to buy now and support them as I applaud their vision and what they've managed to do so far with only 4 people :)

I ended up buying this in the end. Really enjoying it, I have to say. I can't wait for the final build where you can go sole survivor with no savages after you. Finally the Bear Grills experience I've been waiting for!

:)

Haven't touched this for a while as I wanted to wait for its dev to mature a bit and just checked it out and they have bow and arrow now!!!

YouTube - The Forest Gameplay Survival - Part 1: "BOW AND ARROW" (Alpha v0.05)

Edit: Just read their latest Q&A, some awesome news for the next update (due in about a week I guess) CO-OP!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/242760/discussions/0/522728269274822084/

Q: How far along the development process do you feel the Forest is in it's current state? At the moment a decent amount of the updates thus far seem to be more focused on the systems behind gameplay rather than content as much (although there has been some cool content added!), will there be a point at which the focus may be shifted towards content and 'things to do'?

A: In general we try and do a mixture of fixes, new features and gameplay systems for each patch, however the lastest patch (0.08b) was solely focused on bug fixing and sound effects. The plan for the 0.09 patch is to focus entirely on pushing out the co-op experience, although some extra fixes will also sneak in.

As we get new systems in, making content becomes a lot faster. We recently re-wrote the entire items and inventory system which allowed for weapon upgrading, and changed the time it took to add a single new item to the game from about 4 hrs to about 15 minutes. (excluding making the art)

We also had our buildings system re-written to make new structures a lot faster to add to the game.

Q: Also is there any more info about co op ready to go public?

A: Current plan is for the co-op to release in the 0.09 patch. So it’s around 2 weeks away, unless something major goes wrong! : )

We’re really excited about co-op, it’s going to be awesome.

Last edited:
I will be very interested in giving this a try again once it goes CO-OP..

Should be great fun, as currently mainly playing Arma 3 Epoch at the present, but finding it incredibly boring due lack of Zombies and action.

I played The Forest a couple of times when it was released but not played it for ages..

Heard they have massively improved the game since release though and added multiplayer.

Has the game been improved that much since initial release?

I haven't played it since release but yeah I believe they made massive progress (same with Stranded Deep another game I bought but didn't play much due to lack of controller support early on).

Back
Top Bottom