The Godfather

Just home from the US, they had it on pre-order with a date of July 4th over there, so I would expect it start of summer here.

Holio said:
Just home from the US, they had it on pre-order with a date of July 4th over there, so I would expect it start of summer here.

I've been reading Four Four Two, there was an advert for the game in it which mentions the release date in the UK: March 24th...one week to wait...

Yeah it's out here soon Stan, but the 360 and PSP version of the game probably wont appear till July.

The controls can be a lil tricky (the gun shooting is a bit silly) but I must say I do like the fighting.....bit like Fight Night :D

I've actually stopped playing this. I'm waiting for it to come out on the 360...better experience/graphics maybe?

I have been playing it for about 40 mins what I have played so far the game is pretty impressive, but the aiming and shooting system is really bad.
But once get use to it I reckon it could be really good game.

Once you get used to the shooting system its actually one of the best around. Clocked up about 8hrs of playing time now, wasn't too keen to start with but I am loving it now.

One thing I don't understand...how did they get the voices? Some of them, its obvious it was taken straight from the film (i.e. Luca Brasi teaching how to use the gun). But I swear I haven't heard some of the stuff Marlon Brando said before..

EDIT: Man, I just read about the Scarface game...OMG!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reminds me of another based in the past crime game....can't remember the title....oh yeah, "Mafia" Game was a good idea, feels a little too much like GTA though.

I have been playing about 9 hours now and its getting a bit repetitive

man im not liking this game. Im pretty far in but still gotta do the same shitty jobs. Gimme power goddamnit!

You know, I'm gonna sound like a real fanboy here, but I'm willing to forgive it for its repetiveness just cos its The Godfather! Graphically, and in terms of closeness to the film, this is spot on.

I fear I will soon be eating my words ;)

The Scarface game better be good!

Just got the game on pc and the graphics is amazing shooting is easy,but w/ game pad u r limited between 12 buttons vs.20 so u have to adjust between choosing some pad and some keyboard....

ps2 and xbox360 doesn`t compare w/ pc graphics especially when you spend a big price on a graphic card (BFG GeForce7800 GTX OC)no disrespect to consoles my boys love it

Don Domenico said:
Additional scenes voice-acted by Brando ( just before he passed away) and co, Rocky.

From what I read in an interview the recordings Brando did before his death were unusable due to the quality of his voice (he was in exceptionally poor condition), you'll find that any dialogue not lifted from the movies is done by a Brando impersonator.

Back
Top Bottom