The Golf Thread - The Ryder Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
Its that time again where us Europeans take on the Yanks in golfs best event. Can the Europeans make it 3 victories on the bounce or will the Americans fluke a win?

When 2 of your top players aint speaking as it appears with Mickelson and Woods for the USA can there be any sort of harmony there? At least the European team seem to be one big happy family, well those that are there do ;)

Last edited:
Re: The Ryder Cup

CWright said:
When 2 of your top players aint speaking as it appears with Mickelson and Woods for the USA can there be any sort of harmony there? At least the European team seem to be one big happy family, well those that are there do ;)

Smoke and mirrors :)

I don't really care who wins as long as it is a good event. I will be watching at 7am tomorrow :D

\0/ Love the Ryder Cup. Was wondering if anyone was going to make a thread for it (although really and truly there's not much to say).

The draw has been announced - Monty v Woods, Y-I-K-E-S. Details HERE.

(Now that Links 2004 is supported on the 360 I might just invest in it after watching this...)

hahahhahaah you said golfs best event, haahahhahhah. Tiger could beat europe by himself, thats what it should be tiger vs europe.

csaunders said:
hahahhahaah you said golfs best event, haahahhahhah. Tiger could beat europe by himself, thats what it should be tiger vs europe.

So explain again what happened on the first tee.....................splash!

Stringer Bell said:
So is Asia and Africa in this?

Its Europe VS The USA...

Tight after the first set of fourballs, was always gonna be the way

Fantastic so far, nice and close.

Anybody listening to the Radio Five Live broadcast? About five minutes ago the fella's going "good approach, this could be a good hole for the Europeans", and then you can hear a toilet flushing!! The guy starts crying laughing and says "are you in the toilet John??", to which he replies "er, well, I had a bit of a moral dilemma there" :D :D :D

Mack said:
So explain again what happened on the first tee.....................splash!
some brit reporter flashed a naked pic of his wife, BLIMEY! cmon you all know he is by far the worlds best golfer, more dominant the ronaldhino and zindane put together

csaunders said:
You can't argue with the guy, he is unbeatable.

csaunders said:
some brit reporter flashed a naked pic of his wife, BLIMEY! cmon you all know he is by far the worlds best golfer, more dominant the ronaldhino and zindane put together
Don't even argue that he's making excuses, he is unbeatable.

is there a site where you can download patches for tiger woods 2007 and get the k club to play the ryder cup?

csaunders said:
BBC SPORT said:
A wonderful chip into the hole from Darren Clarke wraps up a 3&2 fourballs win for him and Lee Westwood over a limp Tiger Woods and Jim Furyk pairing.
Oh dear. If there hadn't been naked pictures of his wife in the papers then he would have won blah blah blah, just in the same way as if Darren Clarke was mourning (which is a million times more painful than someone's model-girlfriend [not] getting their tits out - SHOCK HORROR AT THAT) then he must play like a bag of crap as well... Oh wait. :)
Darren Clarke and Sergio Garcia are playing fabulously well, it's been fantastic to watch. Almost as good as the World Cup, this!

Edit: "Woeful" Tiger... *Looks at csaunders' post again* :mrgreen:

Edit 2 (from the above article): "I have just watched two hours of the worst golf played by Tiger Woods in these islands since the 2002 Open at Muirfield" :D

Okay, I'll stop now. I've nothing against the guy, I just cannot stand blind arrogance and pitiful excuses. :)

Last edited:

Stringer Bell said:
So when is this shite little tournament gonna finsih!?

About the same time as you stop posting pointless shite in threads which you seem to "not care about" the contents...

csaunders said:

Clearly he is the best, but this is not Tiger vs Europe(even if that were the case I think we would still win :p ) this is USA vs Europe and the contest has but one side.

paulc91 said:
is there a site where you can download patches for tiger woods 2007 and get the k club to play the ryder cup?

The K club is in Tiger 07 for PS2, Xbox and PC and im sure that the 360 will have it also.

They think it's all over... It is now :)

Absolutely fantastic event, the crowds were incredible and the players even more so. I was astounded by the show from Darren Clarke, and the whole team really. An amazing performance. Makes you proud to be European :)

Looks like csaunders has fell down a hole, hmmm :D

Jack Bauer said:
They think it's all over... It is now :)

Absolutely fantastic event, the crowds were incredible and the players even more so. I was astounded by the show from Darren Clarke, and the whole team really. An amazing performance. Makes you proud to be European :)

Looks like csaunders has fell down a hole, hmmm :D
no hole. I just want to know how the US has been losing this for the past 4 times. We should have won this year, with tiger being in the form he is in, but i think the stupid british press really fucked with his head. thats all that can explain it for me and his showing, as for the rest, they should stay in europe and come back when they find there jock straps.

At last, a bit of modesty! ;)

Tiger is the best in the world, we all know that, but nobody is unbeatable. I don't think it's the British press at all, I think it was just the atmosphere, and the fact that we really, really wanted to win with what Darren Clarke has gone through. We played out of our skins. I realise Tiger has lost his dad recently but saying that, a death can both inspire or destroy you. He was incredible at the Open this year at Royal Liverpool GC (an event held in my hometown). I was lucky to be there, and to say he was spectacular would be selling him short. He said he won that "for his dad", but maybe now that he's done that, it's started to dawn on him a bit more. Who knows, I suppose.

You're at home in 2008, and Nick "so shit everyone loves me" Faldo is the captain. If you don't beat him and his team, then you should start worrying...

csaunders said:
We should have won this year, with tiger being in the form he is in, but i think the stupid british press really fucked with his head.

Yes it was totally the fault of the press... :roll:

The press is not an excuse IMO. Tiger took 3/5 even if he took 5/5 we would have won still. We were better, we are better and I still think with Faldo in the states this team can still win the Ryder Cup.

It was that magazine that published nude pictures of Tiger that ruined the Yanks this year, we were just kids messing around with a camera in a basement high on marijuana, who cares? It was years ago.

Re: The Golf Thread

Let's make this a general golf thread :)).

Anyone else watching the US Open? I watched it last night until 2am UK time! :CONFUSE: What an incredible finish too, Tiger just refuses to be beaten. Even when playing in some serious pain teeing off sometimes. Shame that Westwood completely choked on the back 9, he could have made a real challenge had he held his nerve :((.

I'm watching the playoff now, Tiger is one shot ahead of Rocco, but has just hit from bunker to another bunker!

Re: The Golf Thread - US Open 2008

Go Rocco, go Rocco, repeat til bored :DD

Re: The Golf Thread - US Open 2008

Love the Ryder Cup!!

Europe to hammer the Yanks again please :DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom