The Hip/Hop Music Thread

Stringer Bell said:
Anybody here got Proof's latest album? Is it good?

Also anyone getting the 50 Cent re-release of his Masscare album? It's ment to have a video for every track.

Got the re-release any its definately worth it as the vids are class tho some are cheaply done.

Stringer Bell said:
Can you explain what some of the videos are like for each tracks...you don't need to go into great detail.

I know the piggy bank vid is a cartoon....

get the chopped and screwed version by DJ Scream, shit is sick!

The Massacre doesn't deserve to be bought the first time around, let alone re-bought. :(

What you guys think about T.I. - Urban Legend. I'm loving that album recently, the down south stuff has really grown on me.
Young Jeezy's album is also quite nice, great production, I'm just not totally sure on his flow and content yet, but for giving a chance, its well worth it.

Dar said:
The Massacre doesn't deserve to be bought the first time around, let alone re-bought. :(

What you guys think about T.I. - Urban Legend. I'm loving that album recently, the down south stuff has really grown on me.
Young Jeezy's album is also quite nice, great production, I'm just not totally sure on his flow and content yet, but for giving a chance, its well worth it.

Im not a big 50 fan but theres a few decent tunes on there...

I check for "down souf" hip hop, T.I is cool, so's Jeezey, your right about his flow but the beats are on point.

I'm more into mixtapes than albums, T.I and Jeezey have a new one out called "Hustle & Snow" mixed by Mick Boogie, get it here

http://www.officialmixtapes.co.uk/catalog/

Also check out Slim Thugs album its quality!

I think the best tune on the Massacre is the Hate It Or Love it Remix, kind of says it all really. :)

Its not a really bad album, once again the production is good, its just the songs are all so similar sounding and their are no stand out tracks on it.
Ski Mask Way is probably the best of the rest, but I dont think its a great album. He should have just re-released Power Of The Dollar so the masses could hear it, much better album. :D

Dar said:
I think the best tune on the Massacre is the Hate It Or Love it Remix, kind of says it all really. :)

Its not a really bad album, once again the production is good, its just the songs are all so similar sounding and their are no stand out tracks on it.
Ski Mask Way is probably the best of the rest, but I dont think its a great album. He should have just re-released Power Of The Dollar so the masses could hear it, much better album. :D

I was listening to his early stuff, dude sounds alot different, I spose I bullet thru your cheek would do that to you..

but yes Power of The Dollar is quality, more of an NY sound than his other stuff.

if u have nfl street for psp its great there is 2 class songs on there
i only know the album is called mash out posse
its mint anyway what is the mixtapes about plz explain it said that 50 has a new album??

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
I'm more into mixtapes than albums, T.I and Jeezey have a new one out called "Hustle & Snow" mixed by Mick Boogie, get it here

http://www.officialmixtapes.co.uk/catalog/

Kind of like me, but i usualy download my mixtape of the net....some are worth buying for keeps/collection...but some are tottaly shit.

Have you got Papoose's A Bootleggers Nightmare? Heavy mixtape....also check out G-Unit Radio Part 13.

Stringer Bell said:
Kind of like me, but i usualy download my mixtape of the net....some are worth buying for keeps/collection...but some are tottaly shit.

Have you got Papoose's A Bootleggers Nightmare? Heavy mixtape....also check out G-Unit Radio Part 13.

yeah I like buying them, there all cheap so its no biggie plus I like adding to my collection. i mostly get "best ofs" with all the unreleased and hard to find tunes, like Mick Boogies/ Dr Dre' "pretox" that had tunes I never knew existed..

Papoose is heavy, not sure if he's gonna be able to hold an album but dude can spit.

I've not checked for a gunit mixtape for a while, I still listen to fif's early mixtapes but their new stuff aint for me.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
yeah I like buying them, there all cheap so its no biggie plus I like adding to my collection. i mostly get "best ofs" with all the unreleased and hard to find tunes, like Mick Boogies/ Dr Dre' "pretox" that had tunes I never knew existed..

Papoose is heavy, not sure if he's gonna be able to hold an album but dude can spit.

I've not checked for a gunit mixtape for a while, I still listen to fif's early mixtapes but their new stuff aint for me.

Yeah, some of 50's mixtape a shit but there is others where he and the other G-Unit members just spit some freestyles over the hotters beats...but some of their bars just get boring after a while.

Also Papoose is bringing out a album called The Nacirema Dreams...so you betta watch out for that ;)

Cassidy Re-Charged With First Degree Murder, Defense Says Rapper Is Innocent

A first degree murder charge has been reinstated against Philadelphia, Pennsylvania rapper Cassidy.

A judge overturned an earlier, lower court’s decision that Cassidy could only be tried for no more than third-degree murder.

Prosecutors accuse the rapper of masterminding a shooting behind his row home in the Cedarbrook section of Philadelphia.

Cassidy and Desmond Hawkins, 22, were involved in a dispute at a Rite Aid drug store earlier in the day on April 15, 2005.

When the men showed up at Cassidy’s house to “make peace,” prosecutors claim Cassidy directed them to the back, where the men where ambushed.

Hawkins was fatally wounded, while Daniel Irvin, 22, and Bobby Hoyle, 21, suffered serious injuries, but have since recovered.

The rapper surrendered the authorities in the middle of June, almost a week before the June 28 release of his sophomore effort, I'm a Hustla.

Hoyle has testified that he lied to detectives when he claimed to have seen Cassidy firing a weapon. He also testified detectives coached him through his statement.

Hoyle told authorities he and the other two men were unarmed at the time of the shooting, but recently revealed ballistics evidence revealed that at least 12 shots came from inside of the van.

The evidence also revealed four guns were fired into the van from four other points, but Cassidy is the only person charged in the case so far.

The judge that delivered the ruling stated that a trial judge or a jury must rule what the appropriate degree of murder would be in the case.

Cassidy’s defense is looking to capitalize on the weakness of the evidence and stated he was ready to go to trial immediately.

"Everyone should be afforded a fair opportunity for a speedy trial, especially when there's overwhelming evidence of innocence, as there is in this case," Cassidy’s Lawyer Fortunato Perri said.

Cassidy faces the death penalty in the most extreme scenario and could be sentenced to at least 20 years in prison.

That news is about a week old mate. ;)

Would be a shame if he was convicted, his newer album is quality. He could be great.

Any of you guys heard of the Pete Philly & Perquisite - Mindstate album? Its very musical album with great beats by Perquisite and perfect flows by Pete Philly. Talib Kweli said about these guys; ''These guys are musically light-years ahead of the Hiphop-scene'' That says enough, right? Just check it out!

New Jay-Z Protégé, K-Ruger, Dies Suddenly

Up-and-coming Houston rapper and one of Jay-Z's newest artist, K-Ruger, passed away earlier this week.

Details surrounding his death have yet to be revealed. Str8Lace Records president Demetrius Peterson shared that the rapper's death was a shock and unexpected.

While he had been working the Houston underground via countless mixtape appearances, K-Ruger entered the national stage after becoming one of the first artists Jay-Z signed upon taking on the job of president of Def Jam.

K-Ruger's publicist tells how, just last week, he expressed excited about forthcoming albums with distributors. The young rapper was looking forward to working with Hov, who reportedly called him "a breath of fresh air for hip-hop." In a bizarre twist of fate, K-Ruger had rapped about how many great rappers and DJs like Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., DJ Screw and Eazy-E weren't truly appreciated until their death.

History in the making.

560240317zj.jpg

560240064vn.jpg

560240338ks.jpg

Ah said a hip-hop, hippety-hop, ah said a hip-hip-hippety-hop, ah said a hip-hop, hippety-hop, ah said a hip-hip-hippety-hop.

Sorry that was random and useless, excuse................

FD

So whats everyone listening to these days then?

I gotta say I'm still on my down South thing, still listening to Urban Legend and Young Jeezy but I've got more stuff thats on regular rotation now as well.

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter Vol.2
Bun B - Trill
B.G. - Tha Heart of Tha Streetz

All great albums.

Dar said:
So whats everyone listening to these days then?

I gotta say I'm still on my down South thing, still listening to Urban Legend and Young Jeezy but I've got more stuff thats on regular rotation now as well.

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter Vol.2
Bun B - Trill
B.G. - Tha Heart of Tha Streetz

All great albums.
I've heard Young Jeezy's album and its GARBAGE...his just another rap n***a flooding the industry...TRUST ME there are better black Hip/Hop artist out there....his just talking about the same old hood shit, selling drugs and blah, blah, blah...I've heard all before BORING!

But ATM Dar i'm listening to that old Jay riddim :D

His album i'm listening to now is Life and times of S. Carter Vol. 3...love the way it starts with Hova Song...it's so mother fucking soulful :mrgreen:

Also you should be checking out Saigon...you really HAVE to read this interview...it's deep: http://www.murderdog.com/july_articles/saigon/saigon_interview.htm

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
I've heard Young Jeezy's album and its GARBAGE...his just another rap n***a flooding the industry...TRUST ME there are better black Hip/Hop artist out there....his just talking about the same old hood shit, selling drugs and blah, blah, blah...I've heard all before BORING!

You'll notice I said in a previous post his lyrical content isn't anything special at all, far from it, but the production makes it a great easy listening album while I stroll around on the way to Uni or on the bus etc...

Great beats. ;)

matherto said:
hmmm Hip/Hop "music" right.......

That attitude will get you far in life. :roll:

Also if you aint got anything constructive to post, dont bother posting anything at all. That kind of shit aint tolerated around here.[-X

rockykabir said:
Rap without beef is just not rap. Nas released one of his best songs in Ether (a track completely dissing Jay-Z fyi) but we won't get that anymore :(
True that! I still listen to that track everyday!

Too bad none more of that classic shit by Nas :(

As for young Jeezy, don't like that fool one bit nor that Paul Wall fu**

Back
Top Bottom