Liverpool Thread

Congratulations to Liverpool on a well deserved win after a great season.
As a Spurs fan i was proud that my team reached the final and that is perhaps the problem with our club, a lack of ambition.
As for the final, that ridiculous penalty killed us. I admit that according to the rules it was a penalty, but somebody should get rid of that rule and people Will understand me if their club would get a similor penalty in the most importantie game of their club’s history.

But to be fair, Spurs still had more than 85 more minutes to undo that. So, a well deserved win for Liverpool.

Congratulations to Liverpool on a well deserved win after a great season.
As a Spurs fan i was proud that my team reached the final and that is perhaps the problem with our club, a lack of ambition.
As for the final, that ridiculous penalty killed us. I admit that according to the rules it was a penalty, but somebody should get rid of that rule and people Will understand me if their club would get a similor penalty in the most importantie game of their club’s history.

But to be fair, Spurs still had more than 85 more minutes to undo that. So, a well deserved win for Liverpool.
Whichever rule you look at - it was a penalty. His hand moved and changed direction of ball. He basically bounced the ball of the ground.

Having said that, even as Liverpool fan, it killed the game. Both teams were under huge pressure from different reasons and after that penalty Liverpool became cagey and game became shite.

Looking at both teams road to the final I was expecting a lot of goals. Bringing Kane was a mistake. He wasnt fit for the whole game and Spurs were playing at him expecting him to win it. They played better when they all had to take responsibility. Kane should be brought in the second half IMO.

But fair play to them for reaching the final and congrats to Liverpool for getting something out of this great season.

About the penalty, i never said it wasn't a penalty. It was a crystal clear penalty, but only because the hands ball rule is totally absurd (cfr. also the penalty Man City got against us and the one United got against PSG, this one was more Obvious). Sissoko was pointing to another player, then the ball hits his shoulder and rebounds off his shoulder to his arm. Also bear in mind that Mane was very close to him when he tried that cross...

I still maintain that people should get rid of this rule, for the sake of football (not because Spurs got a goal against, that is a detail in the grand scheme of football).

Anyway Liverpool deserved the win. And lest's agreeto disagree on this rule.

Handball rule will always be tricky. You can't award them all because then we would be looking at penalties in every bloody match. Bit rough to award ones where the ball is heading a mile over the goal like the one Utd got. Deffo has room for refinement.

For me it wasn't a penalty.The ball hits the body/shoulder first and then touches the hand.Also it was very close.
We have seen many examples like that where the penalty wasn't given.
If it hit the hand without hitting the body first then yeah it's a penalty but this wasn't the case.
But yeah it's a complicated rule and everyone has an opinion.
It's also difficult for the ref to see it live and make a correct decision everytime.
At least he could go to var and see it again but for some reason he decided not to.

I’ve heard 3 international refs about it and there is no discussienota whatsoever, it is a stonewall penalty.

That was not my point.

The rule sucks.

The Handball rule needs changing! any player who commits this offence, has to wear handcuffs behind his back for the rest of the match. :P

A lot of talk over that first goal even if the ball clearly hit Silvas hand first, really weird, absolutely nothing in it. Much closer with the second ball in hand for TAA and possible offside for Salah.

Apart from that, absolutely made up, enjoyed that episode from Pep at the end, what a bitter git

Last edited:
A lot of talk over that first goal even if the ball clearly hit Silvas hand first, really weird, absolutely nothing in it. Much closer with the second ball in hand for TAA and possible offside for Salah.

Apart from that, absolutely made up, enjoyed that episode from Pep at the end, what a bitter git

I agree, (in-the-box) the ball was travelling to the sideline until it hit B.Silva's hand then changed trajectory to hit T.A-Arnold's hand.

The rule is clear that you can't get a goal from a hand deflection. So yes, the correct call was made.

The ref also waved it away immediately, so nice work by the ref knowing his stuff on this occasion.

Great game.

Back
Top Bottom