Liverpool Thread

ProEvo said:
Surely Recoba has to much class for Liverpool.............he'd be another Litmanan, sat on the bench all the time!!!!! :shock: ;)
Arsenal fans have such short and selective memories. ;)

Duff is the man for Liverpool, he will be amazing on the wing for them.

And Cal, he's a Celtic supporter mate for your information, already confirmed it on TV, Radio and the Papers. ;) Although maybe he 'likes' Liverpool. :mrgreen:

FD

fd1972uk said:
Duff is the man for Liverpool, he will be amazing on the wing for them.

And Cal, he's a Celtic supporter mate for your information, already confirmed it on TV, Radio and the Papers. ;) Although maybe he 'likes' Liverpool. :mrgreen:

FD
Duff is pool fan he also said "I would never join celtic, because john hartson has a nasty habit of spraying his Boob milk all over the dressing room floor"

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Duff is pool fan he also said "I would never join celtic, because john hartson has a nasty habit of spraying his Boob milk all over the dressing room floor"

lol! The really funny thing about that is that Hartson is a childhood pool fan aswell!!

hehe :mrgreen: Yeah I guess everyone has a second team after Celtic. btw, did he used to play with Liverpool at any point of his career? I was told he was with them when he was younger, before he joined Blackburn. :shock:

FD

fd1972uk said:
hehe :mrgreen: Yeah I guess everyone has a second team after Celtic. btw, did he used to play with Liverpool at any point of his career? I was told he was with them when he was younger, before he joined Blackburn. :shock:

FD

Why does everyone (well the sorry scousers) think a player with qualities and potential is gonna want to play for THE MOST OVERATED FOOTBALL CLUB EVER tm.

He's already gonna get uefa footy with the rovers so what can lfc offer him apart from sh*te tactics and half assed players....

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Why does everyone (well the sorry scousers) think a player with qualities and potential is gonna want to play for THE MOST OVERATED FOOTBALL CLUB EVER tm.

Well, Man Utd have won the European Cup/CL twice, how many times have Liverpool won it? Granted they're not nearly the force they used to be, but they have a massive reputation worldwide.

ClassicD said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Well, Man Utd have won the European Cup/CL twice, how many times have Liverpool won it? Granted they're not nearly the force they used to be, but they have a massive reputation worldwide.

Winning the European cup in a era when even forest and villa could do it is hardly a claim to fame.

We have played and won more european games than lfc its just the style of the competiton has changed, go back and look how they won their 4 european cups it was hardly against the european giants that are omnipresent in todays competition, plus they got buys into later round for various reasons they even won one game on a coin toss so dont give me that sh*te :roll:

Ok, so everything that happened in the old days goes out the window because it's much harder today?

If it was so easy in the old days, why could Man Utd only do it once?

ClassicD said:
Ok, so everything that happened in the old days goes out the window because it's much harder today?

If it was so easy in the old days, why could Man Utd only do it once?

The old days do go out of the window because its a different competiton nowadays so you cannot compare, fair enough in the old days it was geared to anyone winning it hence it being englands most succesful period lfc 4 times. notts forest twice and villa once.

So it works both ways, we underachieved in the league hence no European Cup, LFC nowadays hope for a fourth place finish to qualify for a competition they have not yet won (like The Prem) so if they are so great how come they cant even make The CL.

Yes we have only won it twice, in two different era's, The first and last from these shores to hold the trophy and the most likely to bring it back ;)

All this 'easier to win back then' goes out of the window because it's much easier to qualify for the competition in the first place nowadays. AC Milan wouldn't have been in this year's CL in the old days. Sure, you have to play more matches to win the cup nowadays, but c'mon, everyone knows the competition's all bollocks before the knock-out stages.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Yes we have only won it twice, in two different era's, The first and last from these shores to hold the trophy and the most likely to bring it back ;)

Well Scotland share the same shoreline so Celtic would be the first to hold the trophy ;)

Sledgehammer said:
All this 'easier to win back then' goes out of the window because it's much easier to qualify for the competition in the first place nowadays. AC Milan wouldn't have been in this year's CL in the old days. Sure, you have to play more matches to win the cup nowadays, but c'mon, everyone knows the competition's all bollocks before the knock-out stages.

Yeah I know what ya sayin, I s'pose easier to win doesnt really sum it up right.

As a knockout the playing field was more level so on the day any team could win. This years CL final was one of the worst as both teams had the poorest win/loss record for any finalists in the comp.

So fair enough it wasnt easier as such but look at some of the finalists from back then and you'd be scartching your head to name a player and most dont even register on todays european football ratings. So what im saying is that lfc meeting some unheard off european minnow in the final in similar to a Prem team playing a 1st div team in a cup final it wasnt very evenly matched, compared to nowadays when both teams are gonna be of a similar stature.

But in saying this its a great achievement to win one never mind four its just a shame that they are living of it nearly 20years later and infact find it hard to even qualify for this great comp nowadays. But so do the other english european champs from that era (forest and villa) so they hold good company :D

Sledgehammer said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Well Scotland share the same shoreline so Celtic would be the first to hold the trophy ;)

Yeah but they dont share the same league as teams mentioned earlier in the thread celtics one hit wonders dont count.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Yeah but they dont share the same league as teams mentioned earlier in the thread celtics one hit wonders dont count.

I assume you're joking here, seeing as we've been in as many finals as you in our history, and you didn't deserve to win the last one as Bayern were the better team ;).

And if you want to talk about overrated teams, try Man Utd. In Europe they ain't done much apart from that last CL cup, Juventus, Real Madrid and Milan have been much more successful over the past decade or so.

Moving back to the transfer LFC talk... whatever happened to the Malbranque or Joe Cole talk?

eatontj said:
Moving back to the transfer LFC talk... whatever happened to the Malbranque or Joe Cole talk?

Thats not gonna happen, the latest news is the GH is planning to sell Heskey to maybe Lyon, and then go all out for Duff. He said he was only gonna bring in 2 players this summer anyway so I reckon itll just be those 2.

cal-neva said:
eatontj said:

Thats not gonna happen, the latest news is the GH is planning to sell Heskey to maybe Lyon, and then go all out for Duff. He said he was only gonna bring in 2 players this summer anyway so I reckon itll just be those 2.

im sure he needs a striker if(or when rather)heskey leaves?That'd just leaves us with owen and baros.Diouf can never be a striker as his goals ratio in his whole career is just piss poor.

Houllier has virtually ensured that Cisse will be a liverpool player the season after next. So as far as the striker options go we need to bring in a "stop gap" player.

Any suggestions lads?

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Houllier has virtually ensured that Cisse will be a liverpool player the season after next. So as far as the striker options go we need to bring in a "stop gap" player.

Any suggestions lads?

if thats the case,we're better off using mellor when need to

Sorry to interrupt guys, one of my mates who was at the Pool game took a photo, any of you in it:-

scousers.jpg

Is that the family end?

FD

fd1972uk said:
Sorry to interrupt guys, one of my mates who was at the Pool game took a photo, any of you in it:-

scousers.jpg

Is that the family end?

FD
Haha OLD(Fuckin ancient actually) but amusing all the same. Weird thing is that I've never seen a scouser who looks like that. And I certainly don't.

The old curly hair and moustache jibe, stems from the look that fashion fads Terry McDermott and Souness had in the 70's............And souness is a scotsman. So does that mean all scots have a perm and moustache aswell?..........What?......No?..............Nuff said. :D

Glasgow smackheads :mrgreen:

But most English people have Dart holes all over there bodies!! :mrgreen:

Liverpool have signed kewell according to the press hence the confrence they are holding next week.Rumour has it that together with steve finnan and kewell,a third player will be unveiled as well.It has to be one among this bunch of cisse(probably next season though),basturk(has to be him),duff(pls no,too expensive at 15 mill),kluivert(apparently not intrested when approached recently).Who do you think it will be?

Back
Top Bottom