Liverpool Thread

It was not a deflection. See my post in the VAR thread for the rest.
This said, Liverpool deservedl won, but City were also very strong.
What has Sterling done wrong?

Really hope we can see this Keita more often now. Was so excited when he eventually joined us, but he really struggled at first and since then it's been a string of niggling injuries. Having him and Ox consistently available is such a huge boost for our squad and makes rotation that much easier.

Wolves robbed of a goal today, might not have changed the result but these drawing lines offsides are bollocks
Something I don't get - when they zoom in so much that the boots are a couple of pixels... How can you then draw a much higher-resolution line at the tip of a huge pixel and say that's super accurate?

It's still more accurate than just the linesman's eye, granted, but my point is that it's still a potentially incorrect measurement when it comes down to these margins, so there's the potential for VAR to rule out valid goals.

So there has to be a change in the offside rule. One that can support VAR and non-VAR matches too (easy to forget that football exists outside of the Premier League)...

Where is the pixel image of the ball leaving the passers foot?
Just put the damn thing on a screen, no lines, and if the video refs can't conclusively tell, the advantage goes to the attacking team, as it was (or was supposed to be) before.

Something I don't get - when they zoom in so much that the boots are a couple of pixels... How can you then draw a much higher-resolution line at the tip of a huge pixel and say that's super accurate?

It's still more accurate than just the linesman's eye, granted, but my point is that it's still a potentially incorrect measurement when it comes down to these margins, so there's the potential for VAR to rule out valid goals.

So there has to be a change in the offside rule. One that can support VAR and non-VAR matches too (easy to forget that football exists outside of the Premier League)...

Exactly, and also how can they be exactly sure that it is paused at the exact frame when the passer's foot has made contact with the ball? So to cut it that fine is surely impossible to be certain that it is 100% accurate which is presumably the whole point of doing it. Personally I think the whole drawing lines is ridiculous. I think they could do a lot worse than just pause the picture, take a look and if it's obvious he's offside then it's offside, if it's not obvious and would need all the lines to 'check' then just give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team.

What is this other football you speak of? Sky and the Premier League invented football in 1992. ;)

Ah, Klopp, you mad bastard. How you made that work I will never know.

I admit I had my doubts about the "younglings only" tactic of the second Shrewsbury match, since there would surely be senior players about that didn't need a break and probably wanted to get a run in. Also, could you really not get in for one game before going back to your beer on the beach?You knows there are fridges that keep that stuff cool, right?

Nah that's why you are Liverpool boss and I'm just here typing this.

The first game had the senior players underperforming so it made perfect sense to just put a team out there where the players knew each other inside out. And have it managed by the man who usually manages them. After all, this is Shrewsbury, and not Aston Villa.

Well done, bloody well done. You are still mad, but I love you. I would even go so far to say that I don't give a toss about that Gerrard slip back in the day, as without it, we might still have Brendan about. Not that he could not have gone on to great things after the momentum of winning the league in that non-slip alternative reality, but I have doubts that Liverpool FC would be where it is today.

Hell, have two beers! You deserve it.

un-nino-de-10-anos___f-zGTn0e_720x0__1.jpg

un-nino-de-10-anos___wEugR4nX_720x0__1.jpg

I love Klopp so much :LOVE:

It happened. Congrats, you deserved it a lot more than us, hopefully it's our turn for the UCL! hahaha

What a night. I didn't think it would feel special with the Covid situation, but people are celebrating, letting off fireworks and rejoicing in the streets.

Made up for Liverpool. Next year's PL could be really interesting.

What a night. I didn't think it would feel special with the Covid situation, but people are celebrating, letting off fireworks and rejoicing in the streets.

Yeah I think the fact the title was won when Liverpool weren't playing helped. The players were able to properly celebrate too, in the same way they would have done pre-coronavirus.

Great to see rejoicing in the streets. Yes okay social distancing not 100% followed, but on a day when millions flocked to Bournemouth beach I can't be too fussed. Also a lot less people than if there were fans in the ground anyway.

Cracking game from both teams leeds held there own against a world class side didn't deserve first penalty in my eyes but bring on the season good luck liverpool

Back
Top Bottom