It's now possible to knock the ball further away in PES2021, similar to FIFA and older PES titles!!

The_Knight

Champions League
13 December 2005
I remember when we used to be able to push the ball further away while dribbling in PES. A double tap would send it far and a triple tap even further. Now the double tap makes a small difference and the triple tap has been cancelled altogether. It's gone but FIFA has had it for several years and I loved using it when I was testing out FIFA 20. We really need it back because it opens up play a whole lot more.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Something else they need to bring back: “Latin-American goal kick”
You can pull it off in PES 2019, but in PES 2020 not anymore
It is very handy to set up counter attacks pretty quickly

maybe its different in 2020 but cant you knock the ball forward double pressing the sprint button?! i do that a lot of times.
You can, but it doesn't knock it as far as the prev triple tap obv, and also, I find it doesn't take you away from the AI defender either, they seem to accelerate past you to win the ball back more often than not, so it's very unreliable. Again stats not really mattering if the AI wants the ball back in game.

You can, but it doesn't knock it as far as the prev triple tap obv, and also, I find it doesn't take you away from the AI defender either, they seem to accelerate past you to win the ball back more often than not, so it's very unreliable. Again stats not really mattering if the AI wants the ball back in game.
Yep. The good old catchup bug. It never really left us. Nesa was the only guy that ever defeated it AFAIK.

What is this goal kick and how do you do it in pes 2019?
I think in PES 2019 you can do it on purpose but I don't know which buttons, but it is basically when your goalkeeper kicks the ball he positions his body so that the ball has a lower trajectory which makes it possible to kind of pass it to your players that way you he can control the ball with much ease, good thing for counter attacks
I think in PES 2020 only a few GK do this automatically, you have no control over this as far as I know

I think in PES 2019 you can do it on purpose but I don't know which buttons, but it is basically when your goalkeeper kicks the ball he positions his body so that the ball has a lower trajectory which makes it possible to kind of pass it to your players that way you he can control the ball with much ease, good thing for counter attacks
I think in PES 2020 only a few GK do this automatically, you have no control over this as far as I know
Keepers with the gk low punt kick can pull this off. Others have the long punt as default.

It's the same effect as in 2020: A slightly longer push of the ball, nothing like what you can do in FIFA.
I feel its a bit increased from 2020 and a bit more effective too to get past a defender.......
And btw switched to learn Manual passing by watching your video its too difficult from PA1 to manual crosses are just impossible

I feel its a bit increased from 2020 and a bit more effective too to get past a defender.......
And btw switched to learn Manual passing by watching your video its too difficult from PA1 to manual crosses are just impossible
With enough practice it will be a breeze don't worry! I felt the same way about crosses too!

It's the same effect as in 2020: A slightly longer push of the ball, nothing like what you can do in FIFA.
Its a bit random because there was a couple moments when I did it and the ball went atleast 5 metres in front of the player
But it only happens sometimes

I think the Knock-On is another thing I wish that was back in PES. It was removed in PES 2020 but introduced to FIFA 20. They're only small but they just add extra elements to the gameplay.
Theyr not small,theyr huge. Every match I want to use it to create space but cant this is why pes feels on rails the ball isn't free cant run without the ball

I think it happens only if you are already running at full speed, otherwise it's a small knock like in pes 20
The thing is that PES is more realistic than FIFA just because it lets you what people can naturally do. And not all the time :)
I watched @The_Knight latest video on PES2021 and he was a bit complaining about the heading, that sometimes it goes in and a lot of times is way off, or very soft! Yesterday when i watched United - Spurs i remembered his videos because exactly this happened. A normal cross and a pretty off header from Davidson (i think).
Our brain tells us to learn to play this game perfectly, no mistakes, but this does not happen in real life. If 8 out of 10 headers would go in, we would not play this game after we learn this.
I stopped playing FIFA when i learned how to score almost on each opportunity. Identical goals, no joy after a few matches.
For PES i can say that there are some ways of scoring "assisted", but when you switch to manual, no two goals are the same.
To conclude, its the same with the knock dribble. Sometimes happens and sometimes doesnt. And its great just because this randomness. And as @The_Knight told us in the video, you do this by passing forward to yourself. If you think about it, this is what real players do :)

ok!

well i could be wrong here but i think sometimes i was able to lay the ball off much further. this only happened when i was standing next to the opponent and double pressed the sprint button. so usually this will make your player just pass the ball aorund the opponent and then follow. sometimes, as i said, the ball was layed of much further... not only behind the opponent.
as i agree that the old mechanic isn’t in anymore... sometimes the above move triggers a further layed of ball. its not the same and its not constant, i know.... just saying.

Last edited:

Great news everyone! It's possible in PES2021 (and maybe even older titles) thanks to a YouTube Commenter who told me how:

All credits to YouTube Commenter PES NAS MAOS: Yes, a long knock of the ball can be done in #PES2021 (and maybe even #PES2020) by holding R3 and double tapping sprint! Jeremiah Soba tested it here & it looks magnificent:

Great news everyone! It's possible in PES2021 (and maybe even older titles) thanks to a YouTube Commenter who told me how:

All credits to YouTube Commenter PES NAS MAOS: Yes, a long knock of the ball can be done in #PES2021 (and maybe even #PES2020) by holding R3 and double tapping sprint! Jeremiah Soba tested it here & it looks magnificent:
great stuff!!! will try tonight!! :LOVE:

as i said before, and yeah i get that some users are probably annoyed by my comments, there is still a lot of stuff to be found!!

GREAT! just great! thanks to Knight and PES NAS MAOS! :APPLAUD:

edit: @The_Knight change the name of the topic of the thread please! :D

Last edited:
Why can't Konami just have a tutorial with ALL things you can do? Instead of this lousy training mode that hasn't changed since years...
Those were the days when PES had this thick handbooks, especially in the PS2 days. I loved to dig in them before firing up the new game for the first time.

Why can't Konami just have a tutorial with ALL things you can do? Instead of this lousy training mode that hasn't changed since years...
Those were the days when PES had this thick handbooks, especially in the PS2 days. I loved to dig in them before firing up the new game for the first time.
Well, have you tried every button combo possible in training mode?! ;) I surely don’t. :DOH:
Stupid me!
Konami should release a more detail control manual, agree. But I like some stuff to be found by myself. It’s kinda rewarding.

I am too old to find new stuff by myself. It's all about the muscle memory. This is why I change controls in the other game to "PES settings", change R1 and R2, square and circle and so on.
When I accidentally produce something new on the pitch, I surely don't know what I've done for that. ;)

Of course, not every single movement must be explained, but fundamental things like that should be mentioned somewhere. Especially when it was in for years but with other combos.

Back
Top Bottom