The Master League adventures thread

Aparently Adam Bhatti has said that division 2 doesn't follow you around if you change leagues Stringer.
So if you start with an English club and you got to French afterwards, division 2 will 'stay' the English division 2 and there will be no French division 2.

IMO there should be an option to play without division 2.

Aparently Adam Bhatti has said that division 2 doesn't follow you around if you change leagues Stringer.
So if you start with an English club and you got to French afterwards, division 2 will 'stay' the English division 2 and there will be no French division 2.

IMO there should be an option to play without division 2.

That's good if that's the case, but I'm still opting for the League Mode on this version.

What about you?

That's good if that's the case, but I'm still opting for the League Mode on this version.

What about you?

Stringer, if you're saying ML is stripped down but you'd rather play league mode instead, isn't it then better to play ML because league mode is a more bland version of ML? Imagine league mode with transfers, D2 if you started in it or you stayed in the same league as D2. Isn't that somehow better? Or do you prefer to play a league without transfers?

Stringer, if you're saying ML is stripped down but you'd rather play league mode instead, isn't it then better to play ML because league mode is a more bland version of ML? Imagine league mode with transfers, D2 if you started in it or you stayed in the same league as D2. Isn't that somehow better? Or do you prefer to play a league without transfers?

I kept meaning to reply to this thread but kept on forgetting. Thanks Lami you said exactly what I was going to say.

For me the less complicated and more stripped down the better :)

Good point there Lami. However, I'm playing the League Mode mostly because of the two challenges I stated here, including it feels more realistic playing against the same club nation and you're not tense about a foreign club creeping into your league.

This is all theoretical though; lets see how much fun I have when I actually play it.

I think I'll try ML after a number of seasons in the league mode.

Last edited:
For the first time in years I've gotten past 15 matches in ML and this year I simply LOVE it.

2nd placed with Spurs @Top Player with three matches to go and I am 3 points behind Chelsea. I am playing them (Chelsea) in the match after the next match which will be the title decider I'm guessing. My teams goal difference is roughly the same as the other teams around me in the table as well, so it looks great so far.

25W 5D 5L and +38 goals so far and it's exciting for once! I am struggling against the big teams and for the most part controlling the lesser teams, although most of the losses has come against lesser teams since I've been clumsy in front of goal on occasion.

Good job Konami, despite some flaws.

Last edited:
For the first time in years I've gotten past 15 matches in ML and this year I simply LOVE it.

2nd placed with Spurs @Top Player with three matches to go and I am 3 points behind Chelsea. I am playing them (Chelsea) in the match after the next match which will be the title decider I'm guessing. My teams goal difference is roughly the same as the other teams around me in the table as well, so it looks great so far.

25W 5D 5L and +38 goals so far and it's exciting for once! I am struggling against the big teams and for the most part controlling the lesser teams, although most of the losses has come against lesser teams since I've been clumsy in front of goal on occasion.

Good job Konami, despite some flaws.

Sounds exciting, is that on PES 2014?

I've started a League mode with Olympique Lyonnais in Ligue 1 until the new official patch and DLC arrive and I do all the proper stat and appearance editing, so i can fully enjoy my ML. For now I'll be posting my stories and thoughts on how things are going from time to time.

I'm on Top Player, 0 passing bars, basic shooting(till KONAMI fixes manual) and advanced through balls. I also use LT a lot for tricky passing situations and long shots. Plus I installed some gameplay modifications for better response and AI.

Now to the main part. I'm playing with default squads now, so it means Lisandro is still in my club (which is a huge boost, since you can't do any transfers in League mode). My main formation is 4-3-3, with a solid midfield trio in Maxim Gonalons (one of the best CDM's in Ligue 1 IMO), Clement Grenier and Yohann Gourcuff (my best player atm). Attack is also quite solid with Lisandro, Lacazette and Gomis. Defense is where my biggest concern is. Bisevac and Umtiti don't look too solid even for Ligue 1, hence CL group stage, where I will definitely get much tougher opponents. And I don't have to much depth in that line either, so it's gonna be quite tricky with fatigue and all.

OK, seeing how interest to my post has spiked through the roof I've decided to give you some updates on my Lyon campaign.

I'm currently in the 12-th position in Ligue 1 with a 1-3-1 record. Really not satisfied with how my team is playing at the moment. We are very inconsistent: first we get a 1-0 win away at Paris being totally dominated, but PSG being sloppy at finishing (they had 12 shots as opposed to my 3, quite realistic for them tbh), and then 3 at home: a boring 0-0 draw with Nantes, a 2-2 vs. Rennes and 1-1 vs. Bastia being in total control of the game and then conceding from a counter on the 89th minute. Plus a stupid 0-1 defeat away at Sochaux.

On the other hand we've been able to qualify to the ECL group stage, facing a very tough draw in Man United, AC Milan and some Bundesliga placeholder club (Cha...something).

P.S. I must say it is really fun playing the game on PC with tweaked gameplay and responsiveness + catch-up bug fixed. I actually had to switch to -1 game speed as the game became too fast and responsive. :P If this is gonna be fixed for online too with an official patch the game's gonna be huge. Plus manual shooting, keepers and overall AI are promised to be looked at by Konami too.

P.P.S So am I the only one playing ML/League at the moment?

Last edited:
Guys a question.

When you start a Master League, do you have a Division 2 following you around?

I was dabbling in the mode last night and I picked Estudiantes to play with; I noticed I was straight in the top flight of the Argentinian league. No indication of there being a Division 2 around.

So there's no Division 2?

If this is the case, I going to opt for the ML then lol.

Last edited:
Yes i have one. But it is not the right one. I'm playing with San Lorenzo and have a 'European' second division in my game (which is unedited).

Yes i have one. But it is not the right one. I'm playing with San Lorenzo and have a 'European' second division in my game (which is unedited).
South American first division with European 2nd division seems unrealistic, beside that they'll enter Copa Libertadores if they finished up high enough at the next season..
European teams in South American clubs competition? Seems weird.. :D

I interrupted my ML online game until the patch comes out.
Too many issues.

In the meantime I´ve started the ML offline.
I´m using that one patch where I don´t know whether you get banned by naming it or what?
Plus sweetfx and the Camera settings Tool.

It´s fun so far, though I have to admit that it has been cut too much.
I don´t need no boots or second coach that explains me the same tactics over and over again or any stupid cutscenes that I skip anyway.

But this time they cut it too much that it might lack of depth.
However it´s still fun. I started with Borussia Dortmund in the 2nd Bundesliga as I chose the standard team.
I´ve made it to the first league, won the DFB cup and am participating in the europe league.
The second season is almost over, I´m on the second position, just can´t reach Bayern Munich no more, as they are too far ahead.
In the DFB cup and europe league I´ve made it to the finals.

The motivation I have is certainly the gameplay, as I love the animations and physics and everything and also to reach the champions league, making more money to buy better players (still don´t really have a good striker, switching from Minandinho and Vratokov and need a better keeper and CB´s).
What I really miss though is a calendar, player development overview, financial stuff like staff (better coaches, doctors, physio therapist, merchandis etc) and that pretty cutscene when you sign a player and introduce him at the press conference.

Well it´s still fun though but these factors I named are really missing.
Also, I fear that player injury might also not be a topic anymore, is it?
The players get injured on the pit, but come in again as the injury wasn´t that bad.
I liked the feature like in earlier PES versions, that a player gets injured for a specific period of time, depending on the value of the injury resistance.
But somehow I fear that this one doesn´t count here anymore, am I right?

Another thing that motivates me is the feature to coach a nationalteam the same time. I had a few offerings when I made it to the first league but none of the teams were interesting so I´m hoping for next season´s offerings.

I just fear that you only play friendly matches with the national team and no important ones like worldcup qualifications etc.
Is that so? Has anyone made any experience?
I´m not sure but I think at FIFA 13 you were able to take part in the world cup tournament (or any other depending on your team).
Would be cool if that was also on PES 2014 but I kinda doubt it.

Anyways it´s still fun and I´m gonna play it until I lose my mood on it or the november patch makes online matches more playable.

Last edited:
Yes, right chief. It is quite disappointing that ML is not deep enough. Regarding, Injury yes that too never happened to my players after 2 seasons.. not that I pray that to be lol since now I have very limited reserves but 31 million pound to waste.

Have you guys been able to buy well-known player from big teams ?

I just fear that you only play friendly matches with the national team and no important ones like worldcup qualifications etc.
Is that so? Has anyone made any experience?
I´m not sure but I think at FIFA 13 you were able to take part in the world cup tournament (or any other depending on your team).
Would be cool if that was also on PES 2014 but I kinda doubt it.

Anyways it´s still fun and I´m gonna play it until I lose my mood on it or the november patch makes online matches more playable.

I am at my 4th season in master league and first I got offer from Nigeria. With them I won the African Cup of Nations. Now I am managing Poland and I am playing the qualifications for the World Cup 2018 so yes, you definitely play important matches with national teams too. Of course, due to the lack of teams, if you are managing a team outside of Europe, you do not play qualification for continental cups, but you play the final tournament. For Europe there is a qualification round even for the European Championship

Cool! Thx a lot for the info. I´m in the 2nd Season and accepted an offer from Peru. It was written that they are going to join the South American Cup or something like that.

Having seen resurface this thread i've been reading a lilte bit at random in it. Those were imo my best days on evo-web.
We had a couple of regulare who posted our stories and the ywere great reading. The starter of this thread is my alltime favourite member, but sadly he seems to have lost all intrest in evo-web (he must be having a life !!!).

I remember going on holiday to South-west France and coming across a litle village called Espinas. I asked my wife to take a photo of me before the village name board. She never understood why i would be so foolish to do such a thing. I did it for my evo-web avatar.

Those were the days that one played a ML with an obscure foreign club and one became fan of that club. I had this with several clubs which i still follow: Atalanta, USC Palermo, Lille,...

The fact that the regulars never post in this thread says all about the quality of PES these days...maybe the 2014 edition could revive this thread, but i'm afraid the momentum has passed...

Hello mate

I must admit Im truly gutted to see that it was Professor Nutmeg you were referring to not your old mucker Denirobob! :)

FINALLY... I have gotten round to uploading the latest WENB op file for the PS3 and will be starting my ML with Quilmes as soon as I can find the time

My son is nearing 6 now, so much like your own children is starting to take a proper interest in football

Cheers

db

Game: PES 6
Patch: Phoenix 13/14
Match Difficulty: Superstar
ML Difficulty: Extreme
Players: Default ML
Team: Internazionale Milano

I've written a bit about this game here, and now I am starting second season.

Scorching free transfer yielded me with surprisingly uber team never seen before:

xsBB1bz.png

And yet another proof of AI dumbness in Master League, I usually turn such offers down, but seeing how crap my team is I decided to be a sneaky bastard this time :PIRATE:

XGajg3h.png

Dinamo Kiev and Catania got promoted, Fiorentina and Hellas Verona demoted. This season I hope I'll grab both League and League Cup win.

If you have PES 6 and Phoenix Patch, I truly recommend trying out Super Star/Extreme level. Although AI fails with transfers hard, you still have a lot to do in the pitch, not just sign a few great players.

Okay, off to season two, hopefully victorious one (I never stayed in Division 2 in ML before).

Heh i enjoyed your post Anjin. :))

I am playing ML too but on PES5. Here are the details…

Game: PES5 (PS2 Version)
Option File: Gee's 2013/14 Better Gameplay Version
Match Difficulty: 5 Stars
ML Difficulty: N/A
Players: 'New' Default ML
Team: Canvey Eagles

Canvey Eagles ML

Season 1
Division 2 Final Table
qbajf976dmm8r8ffg.jpg

Division 2 Top Goalscorers
5pooon56msox5idfg.jpg