The Master League adventures thread

Can we still decide to have Legends before ML? Can you choose with two different way (classic mode and challenge mode)?

My word. What drama.

Started with Master League Default with Rivington Rovers, my own team in place of Luton Town (sorry Luton fans).

Made some wholesale changes early on, brought in what I could with loans and free agents. Managed to get together a half decent side, but my team spirit took a big hit. The first half of the season was a major grind, but I always knew it would be, and that the major improvement would be the 2nd half of the season. It took me a few months to find our preferred style for the season, but I managed to find a system that worked (4-3-3 with AM, CM and DM).

Anyway, we we're lingering in 14th by the time the second set of fixtures rolled around, lower than I'd hoped, but I knew we would have a good second half of the season, and we did, only picking up two defeats in the last 23 games. Promotion or playoffs weren't the aim for the first season, but they I would have liked a play-off place if it was up for grabs.

Any, fast-forward to the last two games of the season and we are 3 points from the 6th place play-off place, so it's a possibility at this point, but there other teams around me who could pinch it off Fulham who are currently occupying it.

We go up against Hull City in the first of the last two games, and we concede an early goal, but quickly level it up. Early in the second half we go 2-1 up. Usually at this point I control games as the opponents come out to try and get one back, but not this time. In the 66th minute Hull equalize, and the game goes to pot. No-one is defending anymore, it's end to end and passes are going everywhere. Then in the 88th minute the ball breaks to Rice and he plays in Lobato, the defender stop to play him offside. He on. He goes though, and under pressure from a retreating defender slots in the far side netting. 3-2, game over, we see the game out with no issues.

We're still three points of Fulham though who still occupy 6th place and the last play-off spot.

Final game comes up, Cardiff at home. Cagey as hell first half, they've got 10 players in their own half, with a bank of 5 then 4, and a lone striker up the field. They just look to play it long to him and let Junior Hoilett support him from the left flank with his pace. Not long into the second half they score. Can't even remember the goal now. I push the Rivi Rovers forward to try and nip an equalizer, and we do. A scrappy deflected effort from a corner which hit the keeper and just creep'd inside the post. GAME ON!

In the 70 odd minute, Junior Hoilett shames himself by cutting inside the box and diving over the outstretched leg of Vasilj. The absolute dirtbag. Rightly gets booked. But then, in the 84th minute he does it again, cuts inside the area and dives over a challenge, this time it's given. Why now? I can't believe it. I don't even know if a win will secure me a play-off place, but I need to win to find out. They take the penalty...

VORM SAVES!!!

Unbelievable. Stuff. No time to think about that though. We defend the resulting corner successfully.

I throw everything forward now, it's do or die time. It's cagey. There's long balls everywhere, passes going astray, it's awful football. But then in the 89th minute we get the ball in the final third, there's a neat triangle of one touch passes, starting with Rice, then through to Lobato, who then feeds Harrington who finds himself past the Cardiff backline and into the area bearing down on the keeper. I just hit and hope to be honest, and it flies in near post. We've done it! From the jaws of defeat we've scraped a victory! Would you Adam & Eve it! Harrington's in the crowd, McFife Snr (My manager... Long story) is going mad. We snatched the victory.

At the end of the game, I'm not sure if we've managed to get the 6th place spot or not, they're just celebrating the win in the last game of the season. I don't think I have.

After leaving the game the other team results come up, Fulham lost 3-1 on the final day. I have no idea what that means because I forgot to check the goal difference. The table comes up. We did it... By one goal.

I've had to have a break and a couple of beers before tackling the play-offs. It's just too much drama to go straight into.

In the voice of Uncle Pat: I love this game.

Edit:

Even more drama in the play-offs. Easily see off Reading over two legs in the semi-final 2-0 home and away, should have been more in the away leg but I got careless.

Met Huddesfield in the final. Went 2-0 down to two Mbenza's headers, absolute gut punchers. Pulled one back in the 64th minute, and then at full attack my centre back found himself one on one in the 90th minute and slotted home the equalizer. Won in the 101st minute with a goal from a substitute. The 2nd half of extra time was one of the most intense games of football against AI I think I've ever had.
483AOgZ.jpg

Last edited:
Think I'm going to start a Brazil ML campaign.

Usually play a SA with my Banilla team who I make up. Usually have to wait and win a few legends in Myclub as always like Ronaldinho, and thankfully got a OF which gives all the legends already which I'm ecstatic about.

Includes the 39 year old Ronaldinho with the headgear. Was thinking about Beckham but may just leave him for the moment in case I make a MLS version.

FD

Having a good spell atm in my ML
Beating Fiorentina 3-1 and Hellas Verona 2-0.

Then the derby Vs Lazio.
Everything goes out the window when it's played,form/skills etc.
My first half ended 0-0,2 shots on goal a piece,almost everything took place in my midfield,wild challenges,Lazio had 3 yellow card and me having 4 after the first 45

2nd half was a bit more calm,I took advantage off possession and didn't commit too much fw.
Lazio scored suprisingly on me in the 69th min on a cross.
I clawed back with a goal in the 85th,then a wide open Lazio defence couldn't handle my three players upfront,and I won it 2-1.

Loved this game,my really good players were tackled and marked hard all game long.
I'll take this as a proper coach victory,I made all my three subs the last 15 min,all offensive players coming on,against a tired Lazio,and finally breaking them down.
Seeing fatigue and mistakes from the CPU is really great.
3rd in the league after 13 games

Having a good spell atm in my ML
Beating Fiorentina 3-1 and Hellas Verona 2-0.

Then the derby Vs Lazio.
Everything goes out the window when it's played,form/skills etc.
My first half ended 0-0,2 shots on goal a piece,almost everything took place in my midfield,wild challenges,Lazio had 3 yellow card and me having 4 after the first 45

2nd half was a bit more calm,I took advantage off possession and didn't commit too much fw.
Lazio scored suprisingly on me in the 69th min on a cross.
I clawed back with a goal in the 85th,then a wide open Lazio defence couldn't handle my three players upfront,and I won it 2-1.

Loved this game,my really good players were tackled and marked hard all game long.
I'll take this as a proper coach victory,I made all my three subs the last 15 min,all offensive players coming on,against a tired Lazio,and finally breaking them down.
Seeing fatigue and mistakes from the CPU is really great.
3rd in the league after 13 games

I love the fatigue setting in. Even more the reaction from the AI to tight mark a player, usually a goal scorer or an assist maker, but I'm sure in one game it was just my AM that had twice as many touches as the next player (a lot of tiki-taka triangles to make space for a fullback overlap).

I love the fatigue setting in. Even more the reaction from the AI to tight mark a player, usually a goal scorer or an assist maker, but I'm sure in one game it was just my AM that had twice as many touches as the next player (a lot of tiki-taka triangles to make space for a fullback overlap).
Some subtle stuff actually,being able to wear a back line down,or get worned out yourself ,which has happened a lot when I've attacked a bit to much with wingers!
Which team are you playing as?

Some subtle stuff actually,being able to wear a back line down,or get worned out yourself ,which has happened a lot when I've attacked a bit to much with wingers!
Which team are you playing as?

I was the Master League default team, but chose Reading in the Championship (Giois, Arcas, Giorza still in rotation after nearly 2 seasons). The biggest danger is not having a high enough stamina on fullbacks. Easy out-ball for them at that point.

I play CDM - 2CM-2AM and so the CMs cover a lot of ground and twice had one pull up towards the end of the game. Once it resulted in a 1 week injury.

I was the Master League default team, but chose Reading in the Championship (Giois, Arcas, Giorza still in rotation after nearly 2 seasons). The biggest danger is not having a high enough stamina on fullbacks. Easy out-ball for them at that point.

I play CDM - 2CM-2AM and so the CMs cover a lot of ground and twice had one pull up towards the end of the game. Once it resulted in a 1 week injury.
Cool!
I've had a fair share of injuries as well,guess it's down to fatigue and a knock by the cpu,don't think those would happen with fatigue being how it use to be.
I'm having full backs going fw,which means both Kolarov (LB) and my other winger is very tired at the end.
Have you set up you tactics to change when "in possession/out of possession"? I've seen some changes in fatigue that way due to more movement etc.
How's the Championship's gameplay?
I can imagine it being a bit more hectic than my Serie A?
Which is a good thing if it is,it should be!

Cool!
I've had a fair share of injuries as well,guess it's down to fatigue and a knock by the cpu,don't think those would happen with fatigue being how it use to be.
I'm having full backs going fw,which means both Kolarov (LB) and my other winger is very tired at the end.
Have you set up you tactics to change when "in possession/out of possession"? I've seen some changes in fatigue that way due to more movement etc.
How's the Championship's gameplay?
I can imagine it being a bit more hectic than my Serie A?
Which is a good thing if it is,it should be!

Championship has been 'fine'. I don't know enough about the teams usual tactics, but I feel they might all need more variation in their setups.
Every game is a challenge though. I might just get promoted this season (strongly in play-off spot right now).

I couldn't afford to keep attacking fullbacks due to fatigue. I switch to wing rotation as this helps put more stress on my higher stamina midfield instead.

Championship has been 'fine'. I don't know enough about the teams usual tactics, but I feel they might all need more variation in their setups.
Every game is a challenge though. I might just get promoted this season (strongly in play-off spot right now).

I couldn't afford to keep attacking fullbacks due to fatigue. I switch to wing rotation as this helps put more stress on my higher stamina midfield instead.
Yeah I try to switch up my tactics a lot,I usually switch off advanced tactics mid game and switch on tw the end if needed

I really don't like the turf/pitch textures in Serie A this year. I'm a bit of a turf freak (lol) and the San Siro especially looks toxic yellow and washed out.

The pitch looks ok at the English & Scottish stadia though. It's annoying because I really want to play a lengthy Serie A save but can't look at that bright yellow pitch for 3+ seasons.

The colours in PES 2020 are all over the place - far too bright. The graphics are actually quite poor in places.

I really don't like the turf/pitch textures in Serie A this year. I'm a bit of a turf freak (lol) and the San Siro especially looks toxic yellow and washed out.

The pitch looks ok at the English & Scottish stadia though. It's annoying because I really want to play a lengthy Serie A save but can't look at that bright yellow pitch for 3+ seasons.

The colours in PES 2020 are all over the place - far too bright. The graphics are actually quite poor in places.
Fix your PS4/TV
I had your problem ,now all my pitches are green.
So it's just settings issue mate,don't trust the TV's "game settings" mine looked shit before fixing them.
Even my FIFA looks better now.
Gotta be someone in here who can help you out,you know I'm on Xbox

Fix your PS4/TV
So it's just settings issue mate,don't trust the TV's "game settings" mine looked shit before fixing them.

This is a bad pic(screenshot from my game DVR) but that's how Olimpico looks
Screenshot_20190918_203131_com.microsoft.skydrive.jpg

Fix your PS4/TV
To be honest , something is bad about also KONAMI suggested settings. I try the recommended brightness/contrast settings with the Logos and the Balls, and it does not look so good in the suggested settings, it was a little bit off. I tuned it manually. In my TV monitor at least.

To be honest , something is bad about also KONAMI suggested settings. I try the recommended brightness/contrast settings with the Logos and the Balls, and it does not look so good in the suggested settings, it was a little bit off. I tuned it manually. In my TV monitor at least.
Probably right there,I didn't care about Konamis settings and went by my Xbox recommended settings and now it looks very goid

Fix your PS4/TV
I’ve tried everything mate, even put the G in the RGB lower to make it deep green. Like I say the other pitches look fine now but it’s just San Siro - it’s still so yellow and lacks any texture at all.

I’ve tried everything mate, even put the G in the RGB lower to make it deep green. Like I say the other pitches look fine now but it’s just San Siro - it’s still so yellow and lacks any texture at all.
Strange!
I'm gonna have a look at it later, misread your post brother
All my pitches looked shit before,haven't played San Siro yet

Last edited:
Anyway, because I’m not enjoying the pitch textures at San Siro I thought I’d start a Premier League save again but this time on Top Player.

The edited kits look bad this year IMO. That’s nothing against the kit makers, they work hard and many hours - there’s a weird dark contrast thing going on with PES 2020 which makes the kits look dark and weird. It’s hard to explain what I mean.

So the only options are Man Utd and Arsenal from a licensed team perspective and there’s something about Arsenal I can’t take to (same goes for Juventus and PSG, there are certain teams I just refuse to play as.)

So I’ll try and make Man Utd good again. My target from the board is to qualify for the Champions League which is realistic.

My first match was against Juventus in the ICC. I won that 2-1, then drew against Fiorentina 0-0 (that was a right slog of a match). Third game was against Bayern and I won it 1-0 but it was a proper smash and grab job, I didn’t deserve to win it. The 7 points see me win the ICC! So a good start to the season for the new Man Utd boss.

My first Premier League match is up next, Brighton at home. Too tired to play it tonight, will report back tomorrow.

Vs SPAL 2-1
Then Vs AC Milan at home,no matter team I've played so far,90% of my goals are 70+ min and fw.
Takes that long to grind down a defence or make their formation a bit out of line due to fatigue.
Milan was very tough I had 1-1 (from 0-1) in the 70th minute before Kalinic scored on nice little dink in to the box
At the end when Milan pushed up,I counter attacked on them and made it 3-1!
Lovely game

Vs SPAL 2-1
Then Vs AC Milan at home,no matter team I've played so far,90% of my goals are 70+ min and fw.
Takes that long to grind down a defence or make their formation a bit out of line due to fatigue.
Milan was very tough I had 1-1 (from 0-1) in the 70th minute before Kalinic scored on nice little dink in to the box
At the end when Milan pushed up,I counter attacked on them and made it 3-1!
Lovely game

Love to see a ML with Roma, I'm not italian but I started to follow Roma because of Batigol, Totti and Montella on CM01/02... Keep going mate!

I don't have PES20 yet but it seems sometimes the keepers still glued on the line =X

Love to see a ML with Roma, I'm not italian but I started to follow Roma because of Batigol, Totti and Montella on CM01/02... Keep going mate!

I don't have PES20 yet but it seems sometimes the keepers still glued on the line =X
Yes they are on 1v1 (goalkeepers glued to the line)

They have had so many great players,Batistuta...omg!
One of my favourites as well,Ronaldo at Inter was so good too, Maradonna in Napoli.
The 90s and Serie A was brilliant.
Thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom