The Master League adventures thread

The goalkeeper Maybe is on a development-burst, cause the arrow is blue. The RB has “special” form cause of a team-role. Maybe it is the same for the GK.

I see, thanks. The goalkeeper is 36 years old, I think it may have to do with his team role. He has a "Bandiera" team role. While S. Lambese is 24 years old, so may be due to development as a young player. My promising player, V. Thill, also had the glowing/flashing arrow; he's 20 years old.

So, it has to do with development and/or team role.

I see, thanks. The goalkeeper is 36 years old, I think it may have to do with his team role. He has a "Bandiera" team role. While S. Lambese is 24 years old, so may be due to development as a young player. My promising player, V. Thill, also had the glowing/flashing arrow; he's 20 years old.

So, it has to do with development and/or team role.
When the arrow is whatever and glowing, it is due to team role in a derby match. Where things can be complicated, is development-burst has also glowing arrow but it must be also blue-UP nothing else . The opposite can ve happen although, the arrow happened to be blue and is glowimg due to team role. It is al ittle bit confusing sometimes.

Playing in the Brazilian league with my Banilla team.

Really enjoying the new system. Playing at Superstar level.

Didn't start with too much money so had to rely on a lot of loans first season which I won 2nd division by a distance and beat in the final of Cup.

Loans included Hulk, Cuadrado, Mariano, Laxalt to name a few.

Started new season still have Mariano and Laxalt for 1/2 season and renewed Cuadrado for season.

Beat in SF of Cup but currently top of league, 5 points ahead of rivals Banville who I have put in a powerful squad, they are current champions. Beat them 4-1.

I managed to get legends via a OF and have taken Ronaldinho (old one).

Like the new ML system, interviews and likes and many new animations during game.

Derby game had some pumped up celebrations both teamwise and the new manager celebrations.

Best one yet was playing Internacional away and scored a last minute winner for a 3-2 win, player looked to streak to the bench and suddenly manager and backroom staff invading the park, lol, something I've always wanted to see.

FD

Anyone know if the rapid evolution of players in the Master League has disappeared this year? I have already played 2 seasons and no player has had it. I mean when your assistant told you that a certain player was improving dramatically and that you should keep playing. It was maintained for about 5 games but after each game you were informed of the increase in certain player skills. In Pes 2019 I got to see it even in players of 30 years. Thank you

Anyone know if the rapid evolution of players in the Master League has disappeared this year? I have already played 2 seasons and no player has had it. I mean when your assistant told you that a certain player was improving dramatically and that you should keep playing. It was maintained for about 5 games but after each game you were informed of the increase in certain player skills. In Pes 2019 I got to see it even in players of 30 years. Thank you

It's still there. You usually get a message and also certain news feed 'videos' while it's happening. I usually skip the build up talk, so don't know if it still happens, but the commentary used to acknowledge it as well. You can also see it as this is one of the causes of a blue 'up' arrow flashing on the gameplan screen.

I'm going to post some of the best series i have seen so far. Not including TTB because he's basiclly PES royalty on youtube.

This is becoming my favorite.

He started with the originals and has had a hard time. Hes finally turned the corner and look how happy he is. Really shows the quality within the game this year!

This guy is also has a great series to watch. He has the right philosophy in sticking it on superstar and learning from there. His journey with Arsenal has been shocking bad but again, this is where he starts to turn the corner.

NVPYwnW.jpg

US Orléans sign Iraqi international, Humam Tariq, on a loan deal from Esteghlal.

Just an update on my ML with US Orléans. I’m currently 10th in the league, with 10 matches to go before the end of the season. I’m 15 points behind RC Lens in first place and 6 points behind Lorient in second place. Realistically, I’ve set my target on a sixth place finish this season, but I’ll try and push for second place finish to gain promotion. Probably unlikely, my team isn’t that strong yet. I beat Auxerre 2-0 in Round 1 of the Coup de la Ligue, but got beaten 2-1 by AS Saint-Étienne in the 2nd Round. Now, to the January transfer window.

IN:

Humam Tariq
(66) | LWF | 24 | £193,860 (Loan) | From: Esteghlal F.C.*

Currently, I utilise H. Benkaïd as a SS (supporting J. Correa/A. Scheidler up front (I don’t use F. El Khoumisti much)) and V. Thill as an AMF. I use H. Benkaïd and V. Thill regularly and V. Thill gets called for international duty for Luxembourg. So, expectedly, they get fatigued a lot. The players I use in their place is G. Perrin and J. Correa (sometimes, it’s just G. Perrin, as J. Correa also gets fatigued from frequent use up front). The problem is I have to play them in an ill-favoured position, which lowers their ability. Or I have to switch my formation, which lowers the Team Spirit. So, I decided to purchase Humam Tariq, on a 6 month loan, to give me extra attacking options. I can play him on the left, in place of H. Benkaïd, as a LWF. Or I can use him as an AMF in place of V. Thill. His ability does lower, but not drastically, still competent enough to play in the position. I can also use him as a LMF or RMF. So far, I’m happy with the purchase. He feels good on the ball, has good pace and can deliver an excellent cross. In his first game, he produced this assist:

L. Rougeaux (64) | RB | 26 | £47,430 (Loan) | From: K.V. Kortrijk

S. Lambese is my young regular starting RB. When he gets fatigued, I use A. Luzayadio, but currently his not very good and still needs to develop. G. Pinaud is another choice, but his my regular starting LB (though his right-footed, his good with his left-foot). So I decided to bring in L. Rougeaux on a 6 month loan, to not only cover for L. Rougeaux, but to also be used as CB, if required. His been good so far, I’ve even started him in place of S. Lambese a few times. Plus, he’s proven useful as a CB when my central defense has been fatigued.

OUT:

No players left the squad during the January transfer window. However, A. Marchadier will be moving to CD Mirandés, on a free transfer, in the summer. P. Nougha, will also be leaving in the summer, to Sparta Rotterdam for £34,110. They’re both young players (22 and 21 respectively), who didn’t get a lot of games and decided to go for pastures new. My regular starting CB, C. Cambon, is also moving at the end of the season, to Ligue 2’s championship favourite, RC Lens. This is for a fee a £1,006,290. He’s currently 34 and declining, so it’s not a bad deal for me.

(*He should be a free agent as he moved to Ismaily SC in the summer, so Konami haven’t updated him.)

The summary of my first season. Some highlights, some goals, some saves, a little bit Ai cheating. Every pros and cons of the PES 2020 was here. From my beginning until the first game of the Europa League group, in the second season. (PA1/10min/TopPlayer.)

Last edited:
xOSRCXE.jpg

Joris Correa was the highlight in US Orléans' middling season performance.

Quick update with my US Orléans ML. Unfortunately, I finished 13th in Ligue 2. I got beat 0-1 against Nancy, who took the 10th I was aiming for. :DOH: Fortunately though, the club has extended my contract for another season. Which was a relief, because at the start of the season, I was given a target of 6th place, then during the transfer window, it was reduced to 11th place. I thought I was going to be fired! 😓

My best player was J. Correa. He played a total of 29 games, scoring 9 goals and 6 assists. He was even placed (up front) in the "Team of the Season" for Ligue 2. My overall top scorer was A. Scheidler with 11 goals in a total of 33 games (9 in Ligue 2 and 2 in the Coup de la Ligue). My promising player, 20 year old, V. Thill, played a total of 27 games with 4 goals and 4 assists. If he wasn't getting called up for international duty, causing him to be fatigued frequently, he may have played more games. Humam Tariq was a decent signing (6 month loan); he played 14 league league games, scoring 2 goals and assisting 3. Lastly, T. Keita (CMF), a player with dyed blonde hair, was an overlooked player. He has an overall stat of 62, but is good on the ball, can tackle and pass well and has a lot of energy.

At the moment, I'm in the transfer window. I'm looking to bring three new players to bolster my squad. Will update soon.

One last thing. To add some context to my post above (#7,960), below is my starting 11.

qErDArx.jpg

There's one thing that keeps bugging me: when do you get sacked in Master League? It doesn't look very strict (like when your objective is finish 10th and you finish 13th you get sacked). To be honest: I would rather just have the option to turn on/off sacking at the start of your Master League.

As below, this was using my new Random PES DB and it had a few issues, so I rebuilt it and have started again below. Original post in spoilers, just in case people are interested in how the universe changed between versions (namely who the worst team in the Championship was!)

So after 5 seasons of my Reading ML (just finished as PL champions, CL winners last season I'm done with that one. Not because it's become boring, but my Random PES DB project is now in a playable state. It needs testing to ensure players behave 'correctly' long term, but what better way to test than have fun.

I'm going to start as Luton. I'm usually Reading as they are the closest team to me in PES. But I'm going Luton as they are the worst team in the Championship!
1571573266682.png
1571573382249.png
Due to the budget, transfer difficulty and no first window. I suspect I'm going to be stuck with this rubbish for a while!

I think 8th would be very difficult, and so talked them down to 16th.

The team is not amazing, but some decent AMs. TS for ML if you don't pick the ML default line-up looks 'problematic. I'll give it a try and if it's really bad, I'll have to only recommend ML defaults (which are also randomised) instead for now as nothing exported in the tool covers where TS comes from.
1571574300075.png
Star one is ageing, but useful.
1571574347801.png
1571574367103.png

The other AM is young and surely the clubs future
1571574403758.png
1571574451989.png
Long is a 194cm 20 yr old target-man with a bright future as well...
1571574949849.png
But he really needs to work on his mentality and robustness!
1571575011351.png
I can see him often dropping from the starting line-up for various reasons if we can't improve him in this regard.

Decent CBs. Only one player that can play at left-back (who's 33yrs old) at all though (slight issue with this first release where the original teams were playing players outside of their primary position). I can't fix that until the import/export tool gives me more options.

Really need a better GK, and not much decent cover in CM of AM, so I can't wait for the winter window to open!

I'm now out of attachments, so will start playing, unless others are interested in anything about the wider universe in my game :)

Edit: Sorry, forgot to spoiler the images :(

Attachments

• 1571574384648.png
    1571574384648.png
    276.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
So after 5 seasons of my Reading ML (just finished as PL champions, CL winners last season I'm done with that one. Not because it's become boring, but my Random PES DB project is now in a playable state. It needs testing to ensure players behave 'correctly' long term, but what better way to test than have fun.

I'm going to start as Luton. I'm usually Reading as they are the closest team to me in PES. But I'm going Luton as they are the worst team in the Championship!
Due to the budget, transfer difficulty and no first window. I suspect I'm going to be stuck with this rubbish for a while!

I think 8th would be very difficult, and so talked them down to 16th.

The team is not amazing, but some decent AMs. TS for ML if you don't pick the ML default line-up looks 'problematic. I'll give it a try and if it's really bad, I'll have to only recommend ML defaults (which are also randomised) instead for now as nothing exported in the tool covers where TS comes from.
Star one is ageing, but useful.

The other AM is young and surely the clubs future
Long is a 194cm 20 yr old target-man with a bright future as well...
But he really needs to work on his mentality and robustness!
I can see him often dropping from the starting line-up for various reasons if we can't improve him in this regard.

Decent CBs. Only one player that can play at left-back (who's 33yrs old) at all though (slight issue with this first release where the original teams were playing players outside of their primary position). I can't fix that until the import/export tool gives me more options.

Really need a better GK, and not much decent cover in CM of AM, so I can't wait for the winter window to open!

I'm now out of attachments, so will start playing, unless others are interested in anything about the wider universe in my game :)

Edit: Sorry, forgot to spoiler the images :(

First attempt aborted. I've looked further into the DB and there are a few issues around legends being in a national team, but not a club, ending up in your youth team (even when over-age). Also, I want to fix the players out of position thing if I can.

Take 2 (now I've fixed most of the issues I found in my random DB).

Barnsley this time as the worst team.
1571595346238.png

1571595254459.png
The team is 'okay'.
1571596055755.png
The front 3 are my best. The stand out is Brooks who's a pure RMF so I've had to alter my preferred formation to cater for him. If I had better team spirit, I'd convert him to AMF.
1571596183365.png
They're an ageing front 3 (left to right 32,26,26). But I have a decent young striker on the bench. Defence and GK are solid if not 'good' and 2 young CBs (one on the bench) means I don't have an immediate need for that position. CM is okay with some younger players, DMF is a disaster, both too young and not good enough for this level, but I can't play without one. That's my first priority for January I think (but I'll know better after 20 matches!

West Brom set the bar for quality in the league. I'm off that by a wide margin :(
1571596412147.png

Fingers crossed!

Watching the Maradona HBO Documentary inspired me to take Napoli with him in Master League. Crashed out of the UCL group stage, out of the Copa Italia in the quarters and finished 2nd in the league to Juve who ran away with it and won the UCL....These motherfckers fired me! I hope they crash and burn! I should have sold all their good players! That asshole chairman said he hoped my resume was up-to-date because I’d need it. Good thing PSV offered me a job! I’m actually pissed off lmao

Helo, guys. I took Lobato player transfers in winter in free agents. He is 16 years old and has a rating of 75, the price of 40 million euros. Has anyone played with this player? I think this is the strongest 16-year-old player.

Helo, guys. I took Lobato player transfers in winter in free agents. He is 16 years old and has a rating of 75, the price of 40 million euros. Has anyone played with this player? I think this is the strongest 16-year-old player.

He's been in the game for quite a few years as an appearing 16yr old. He is amazing, but has terrible stamina. I would always try and sign him if he came up on a free at 16, mainly for the profit and as a super-sub. He doesn't really last games though and with the injuries from low fitness being far more common now, I suspect he might get injured a fair bit if you don't protect him by subbing early if you start him.

Just found him coincidentally. He was a youth player in previous editions of I'm not mistaken.

After one year under the Icelandic manager known as The Ponk, Parma have now switched to the Brazilian legend Roberto Carlos, who has now managed the Italian side for two and a half seasons. The circumstances of this change have been somewhat shrouded in mystery, in our interview with Roberto, we asked if he could tell us more.

Nobody knows, but he certainly wasn't fired. He just kind of vanished off the face of the Earth. If he died in a ditch somewhere that huge purple mohawk would surely have led people to the body. So hopefully he is just having a nice beer somewhere. Obviously Parma needed to get someone else, so here I am.

20191021_121735.jpg
The Ponk is missing, presumed dead. Roberto Carlos seems to believe he might be still with us. Send prayers.

The first season was a bit rough.

Yeah don't sugarcoat it. We only ended up one place shy of the 11th spot we were aiming at, but the first half especially was a disaster. My man Gervinho couldn't score, there were a lot of 0-0 draws that season. The board made sure they were watching me like hawks after that.

pes2020.jpg
A look into the rough first season for Roberto Carlos and Parma.

They needn't have worried.

The second season was a different animal. Dropping out of the cup almost instantly, we could focus our energies at the league. Top spot was never really viable but second place hung in the balance for a while. third place the eventual outcome, a place in the Champions League was what I was really after. The owners were so ecstatic they gave me enough money to go out for a coffee. Barely.

20191021_122112.jpg
The original team, before Roberto got his mad hands on it.

Before going into the CL, there have been a lot of changes to the team. Talk us through some of them.

I could give you a run down of some of my best men. Starting at the back, there is the goal keeper Sepe. A solid keeper, and my first choice whenever possible. The rest of the keepers are gone but I now have Hannes Halldórsson from Iceland as my second keeper. He's no Sepe, but he does the business.

In the back we have Mr. Parma himself, Bruno Alves. What a damn legend this mofo is. Teams keep trying to buy him for change, they could add a zero or even two to what they are offering but I would tell them to eat shit every time. He is up there in the age department, but nobody seems to have told him that. Wicked free-kick taker as well. The rest of the defense has been changed around a lot, I don't really need to get into that. Pezzella is still there at left back though, really solid. I am going to be using that word alot, this is a solid team after all.

Next up we have the Defensive midfield, where you had your first real argument with the owners, after the good times started.

Yeah that is really recent. I had Brugman since the start, and added Hallfreðsson at the middle of the first season. Frankly, the Icelander has left me astounded at just how good he is. I used him whenever I could, leaving Brugman on the bench. Old Brugs was fine but never really added any x-factor. When I sold him in the last window, the owners went into full meltdown, just because I sold him a bit under the market value. But with the people here being completely useless and only able to do one thing at a time during the last transfer day, I had to free up funds right away for my replacement, Thiago Maia. And what happened? The players were calling Maia The Leader after two bloody games. TWO GAMES! The owners can suck it. Hope they won't read this.

Further up the midfield, we have interesting additions.

Yeah. With limited funds, I have had to call in some... senior players. Before I go into them I'd like to talk about the one player who would maybe be a bit offended that someone else got the Mr. Parma nickname from me, Gervinho. He had a rough start like I said, but once he started scoring the floodgates opened up all the way. if he is fit for the forward left wing position, he is in there, first choice. On the right side of the pitch, my most dynamic duo so to speak, and original players as well, are Sprocati and Karamoh. Sprocati has a surprising amount of goals in him, and Karamoh has brilliant speed to beat defenders for a cross.
Back into the old folks home, we have Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery, the latter being on loan. I can use them almost anywhere, and I often replace one with the other as they tire faster than many others. Hulk is there as well. He is not that old, but no spring chicken either. I admit I haven't really found the perfect spot for him though, he has played almost all positions at the top half of the pitch.

Then there are the forwards. Many were surprised when you got rid of Cornelius and later Inglese.

Cornelius was a good player, I sold him to get Alfreð Finnbogason. He did alright with Inglese, but then I sold Inglese to get Dzeko in. That was the future plan, Dzeko and Finnbogason at the front.

Both considerably older than the players they replaced.

Yeah but we are currently at the top in Serie A so shut your mouth, alright? These old geezers are doing something right.

Your future plan still didn't work.

Don't remind me. I'm still seeing a shrink over how Finnbogason f**ked me. he came in midseason and at the end of the next season he announced he was retiring. Retiring at 32! Is the man mentally stable? Unlikely. I threw all my trust at him just to get fucked like that. I like my Icelandic players but f**k that guy.

So you went back to get more old guys.

Yeah Quagliarella and Yilmaz came in. Both, again, solid but I tend to pick old Quags when Dzeko isn't fit. And he does fine.

20191021_122300.jpg
The current team, going into the Liverpool game.

Like you already said, Parma is now at the top of the league, 2 points ahead of Juve, having just thrown them out of the cup as well, to get into the semis against AC Milan.

I wasn't going to give the cup the light of day, but we got through the first games so I did decide to go all in against Juve and it worked. If things go tits up in the CL, we have that.

You went through Marseille, Chelsea and AZ to advance in the CL, are you not confident ahead of the first knockout game?

Everything about the Champions League has been really weird. In my presser before the first game in the group, I was asked if I agreed that Parma would have an easy time breezing through. Is the press high all the time? This is the first time since 06/07 that Parma even takes part in a European competition! I admit that Chelsea were weirdly passive but apart from that it was hardly easy. Then just this morning, as I was getting everyone ready for the big game against Liverpool tonight, that bald guy who speaks for the owners came in just to make sure I was getting everybody psyched for the big derby against Bologna! What drugs are people here using? I could give two shits about a stupid derby against some weak ass Bologna side.

An interesting choice you made in the last window, to get Gylfi Sigurðsson on a six month loan. Does that mean you will be leaving after this season is over?

Depends, really. If I get some titles in then I am hoping to get an offer from say, England? I would be up for that. But I am not leaving here without a title.

Good luck on the away game against Liverpool, not played at Anfield.

Thanks, we are going to need it.

Last edited:
If you start from LATAM with ML defaults , he isnin the squad. If you start in Europe or Asia, he is randomly generated around the first window.
This is because the PESDB has hidden clubs for each ML starting region that defines the default players. It also has something hidden (that I've not seen yet) that determines who is in the youth team, as that's static for the first window. I've not run enough tests to know if the January (and further) youth intake has random elements applied.

This is because the PESDB has hidden clubs for each ML starting region that defines the default players. It also has something hidden (that I've not seen yet) that determines who is in the youth team, as that's static for the first window. I've not run enough tests to know if the January (and further) youth intake has random elements applied.
You mean the youth academy newcomers in the first January?

You mean the youth academy newcomers in the first January?
I don't know if those are fixed or random per team (like in January), yes. The ones you get when you first take over a club at the beginning of a new game ARE fixed (well they are at least for all Championship teams I tried in testing, you'd get the exact same players for each team).

I don't know if those are fixed or random per team (like in January), yes. The ones you get when you first take over a club at the beginning of a new game ARE fixed (well they are at least for all Championship teams I tried in testing, you'd get the exact same players for each team).
The first youth squad is fixed, whatever team you pick. You can find them in edit mode. There are three teams, EUROPE, ASIA, SOUTH AMERICA newcomers. From the first January your youth team join some regens of the ML defaults of others continents IE if you are in Europe, i your youth academy join some very bad player from ML default teams of AMERICA-ASIA.

Back
Top Bottom