The Master League adventures thread

I'm absolutely appalling on Master league. Only playing professional level with manual passing.

Literally struggling for a win. Been playing PES since 1998 but first time ever playing manual.

Any tips guys? Literally can't score. Compared to exhibition but the difficulty seems harder. Anything I'm overlooking here?

I always play players who are up for it and I'm

A perhaps silly question for everyone starting master league on datapack 2.0, so recently. Preferably those on ps4 or without a patch if on pc. Robben and Van Persie still running around?

If they are in your free agents pool, yes they do.
I meant to say they seem to have disappeared with the latest live update. They were there before, just started a new master league on a clean install fully up to date and now they're gone...was curious if perhaps it was my own doing or supposed to be this way.

I meant to say they seem to have disappeared with the latest live update. They were there before, just started a new master league on a clean install fully up to date and now they're gone...was curious if perhaps it was my own doing or supposed to be this way.
It is the "clean install" that is responsible for their disappearance. If you are on disc version you have hope. If you have digital version things are vety difficult.

Are n't you aware of the @Sobakus theory?

It is the "clean install" that is responsible for their disappearance. If you are on disc version you have hope. If you have digital version things are vety difficult.

Are n't you aware of the @Sobakus theory?
Really? Ah that makes sense then. Am on the digital version btw (Steam). I recently switched over from Pesuniverse to the evoweb patch and thought it was the latter that caused it but I know now that wasn't the case. I think all in all about 6.000 players (!) Disappeared, currently I have 17k players in the database and I think there used to be 23k.

I do still have a backup folder with the Pesuniverse files and my ML save so if I'm not mistaken I can revert to that if I want to.

Am not aware of the theory you mention however, what's it about?

Really? Ah that makes sense then. Am on the digital version btw (Steam). I recently switched over from Pesuniverse to the evoweb patch and thought it was the latter that caused it but I know now that wasn't the case. I think all in all about 6.000 players (!) Disappeared, currently I have 17k players in the database and I think there used to be 23k.

I do still have a backup folder with the Pesuniverse files and my ML save so if I'm not mistaken I can revert to that if I want to.

Am not aware of the theory you mention however, what's it about?
EXAMPLE: players like Robben, etc , ex-veterans from the previous versions, are installed in your game, when you install the game day one, or maybe during the first DP, cause they existed in the pre-release Bayern and they move to free agents through the first Live Update.If your EDIT000.bin was created under these circumstances, you have these players.

But if you install the game after 2nd DP, or you delete your install to make a fresh one, you newly created EDIT.bin, is after the laucnh of 2nd DP and its live update. So it comes in higher priority than the DP 1.0 and the free players are removed.

On consoles the workaround is to start installing the game OFFLINE, the 1.00 version, then go to edit mode, save to create the EDIT00.bin and after this start updates, so the old veterans will exist and survive in your free agents.

But for your case , since you are on PC, i believe it is far more easy to bring back the "deleted" players, just using mods, without having o use back-ups or other work arounds, since you can modify the game database with tools.

Just FYI , doctors and scientists are close to decrypt the human DNA , while @Sobakus is close to decrypt the way KONAMI's updates and live updates work!!! :) :P :D

@slamsoze I have a new small discovery: the player database seems to entirely depend on the system data save file, so it may not be necessary to have a edit save from version 1.0. It doesn't change a lot probably - if you made a completely new install with datapack 2, you'd still need to re-install without updates to have the necessary system data save.

But at least it's possible to have a "clean" install of datapack 2 in terms of edit data, which is what I am doing now. My game is now with datapack 2, but unedited (i backed up edit save to usb just in case), yet I have all the players because I kept my system data. All the "suspects" are there: Robben, Juan, Pavon, even Ruben Okotie from Waalwijk. I have about 20100 players in my game, which is rougly 350 less than before, with the patches installed. It adds up, because Mantis legends and Vialli's J-League added new players. Once I re-install them, the number should be similar.

For a digital version the only workaround may be to borrow a disc from someone (or get a used version from certain stores that allow you to return it for a refund, depending where you are) and create a 1.0 system data that way, and then re-download the digital version. But I have no idea if the save file created from disc would be compatible with digital :ANX:

@slamsoze I have a new small discovery: the player database seems to entirely depend on the system data save file, so it may not be necessary to have a edit save from version 1.0. It doesn't change a lot probably - if you made a completely new install with datapack 2, you'd still need to re-install without updates to have the necessary system data save.

But at least it's possible to have a "clean" install of datapack 2 in terms of edit data, which is what I am doing now. My game is now with datapack 2, but unedited (i backed up edit save to usb just in case), yet I have all the players because I kept my system data. All the "suspects" are there: Robben, Juan, Pavon, even Ruben Okotie from Waalwijk. I have about 20100 players in my game, which is rougly 350 less than before, with the patches installed. It adds up, because Mantis legends and Vialli's J-League added new players. Once I re-install them, the number should be similar.

For a digital version the only workaround may be to borrow a disc from someone (or get a used version from certain stores that allow you to return it for a refund, depending where you are) and create a 1.0 system data that way, and then re-download the digital version. But I have no idea if the save file created from disc would be compatible with digital :ANX:
Interesting! I still have that system data backed up so I can find out in no time. I suspect the system data will show a mismatch however (the "other version" crap) but I hope I'm wrong. That way I can have my cake and eat it too ;)

Interesting! I still have that system data backed up so I can find out in no time. I suspect the system data will show a mismatch however (the "other version" crap) but I hope I'm wrong. That way I can have my cake and eat it too ;)
Oh, that's great! i dont think it should do that, I never had that problem. But again it's PS4, PC could be different, especially now with steam...

Oh, that's great! i dont think it should do that, I never had that problem. But again it's PS4, PC could be different, especially now with steam...
I'll let you know ! Im also on the Evoweb patch which uses its own database. So there could be issues in that respect with this method as well.

This trick of @vialli82 is still a mystery to me. He finds the players from the mobilePES data? So they do exist somehow in "stasis" hidden in the console/PC mainstream version? And he just somehow activates them?

To make it simple. If we assume that you import a team, let's say KAWASAKI on ALTIPANO BUNAN, there are the Japanese players of KAWASAKI in the new team, and the 23 fake players from ALTIPANO BUNAN exist/moved in free agents???

Are you sure about the file. I am not 1000% , cause i have not messed with them since pes 2017, but as far as i remember "EDIT000000" holds the player content and System000000 holds the records of the game. VSCOM records w/d/l , goals, fk,pk etc..
But i cannot exclude shortcuts by KONAMi that connect those two files. Many people in editing section have stated that the "system000000" is responsible for the CPU scripting becoming worse as far as you play more games, I.E.: the scripting is worse when you have played 400 games than when you are playing the first 100. Like a type of adaptive AI.

Just checked now in my PC my PES2017 files. The SYSTEM0000000 is 366 KB and EDIT000000 is 5.172 KB .

Last edited:
This trick of @vialli82 is still a mystery to me. He finds the players from the mobilePES data? So they do exist somehow in "stasis" hidden in the console/PC mainstream version? And he just somehow activates them?

To make it simple. If we assume that you import a team, let's say KAWASAKI on ALTIPANO BUNAN, there are the Japanese players of KAWASAKI in the new team, and the 23 fake players from ALTIPANO BUNAN exist/moved in free agents???

Are you sure about the file. I am not 1000% , cause i have not messed with them since pes 2017, but as far as i remember "EDIT000000" holds the player content and System000000 holds the records of the game. VSCOM records w/d/l , goals, fk,pk etc..
But i cannot exclude shortcuts by KONAMi that connect those two files. Many people in editing section have stated that the "system000000" is responsible for the CPU scripting becoming worse as far as you play more games, I.E.: the scripting is worse when you have played 400 games than when you are playing the first 100. Like a type of adaptive AI.

Just checked now in my PC my PES2017 files. The SYSTEM0000000 is 366 KB and EDIT000000 is 5.172 KB .
Perhaps (don't mean to butt in but I'm fascinated by this kind of stuff ;)) the players are there in the database but the system file just references them, making them available? Anyway, will find out tonight..

Back to topic! ;)

I’m near the end of my first season with Las Palmas. I’m in place 1 and my next opponent is in second. We are drawn in points, me having scored 1 more goal.
The next match is gonna be very important!! :)

Question: Jonathan Viera as my AMF isn’t getting any younger. So I’m looking for a young gun with potential to replace him.
My budget is 11 mio and 1 mio in salary.
The guy I’m after:
https://www.pesmaster.com/a-coric/pes-2020/player/110674/Would cost me 7 mio and 500k in salary.

Any advice?!
Should I go for 1 guy or by 2 semi good ones?!

Back to topic! ;)

I’m near the end of my first season with Las Palmas. I’m in place 1 and my next opponent is in second. We are drawn in points, me having scored 1 more goal.
The next match is gonna be very important!! :)

Question: Jonathan Viera as my AMF isn’t getting any younger. So I’m looking for a young gun with potential to replace him.
My budget is 11 mio and 1 mio in salary.
The guy I’m after:
https://www.pesmaster.com/a-coric/pes-2020/player/110674/Would cost me 7 mio and 500k in salary.

Any advice?!
Should I go for 1 guy or by 2 semi good ones?!
For me the extra cheap decent AMF is this Lincoln
The mid-cheap but decent and promising AMF is this, M. Ihattaren.

I only buy new player that have a real face
+1. Thats why its so annoying to me that I cant see youth players until I sign them. They took the option to see them away (or I dont know how to find it)
Also - big part to me is for commentator to say their names. Again - hit and miss, as I cant check it.
Im gonna have to start going to edit mode to check it before I sign players next time..

Vialli and some other gurus are able to add new players using data edit tools on PC. I dont know all about it, but it's not players that are in the PC/console database, but only in mobile. They are copied exactly in a .ted editing tool, and then added to the game with a new ID, as if a live update from Konami, as part of this .ted file created in the computer tool. And this can be any player, not necessarily from mobile database. But the ID is probably tricky, I doubt you can just write any iD you want. There must be a guideline, or trial/error process. I am not sure. But the result is that we get new players added to the game! Very effecient! I think Vialli's file overwrites the fake players in PAS league, and the remainder are added like live update. Kawasaki specifically is in the game already, so it's modified to include new players, and most are there already.

I am not sure completely either. Right now, I started my game with no edit file at all, just system data, and they are all there. I created a new edt save after launching the game and will back it up in case something gets messed up when I apply live update. But the thing is that there could be a connection between my system data and the old edit file, which was created when I first got the game and didn't apply any updates. So that system data originated right from the box. Maybe since my edit files were created while that system data was there, that has an impact, I really don't know. I could check by re-installing the game completely and then creating a system data with no editing at all and applying the datapacks, but it would be very painful now. My internet would take a day or more to download all the datapacks. Not to mention I am currently downloading a 42GB ESO update. That will take weeks! :LMAO:

+1. Thats why its so annoying to me that I cant see youth players until I sign them. They took the option to see them away (or I dont know how to find it)
Also - big part to me is for commentator to say their names. Again - hit and miss, as I cant check it.
Im gonna have to start going to edit mode to check it before I sign players next time..
You can, if you go to the Youth team training selection!! Another slamsoz workaround!!! :P ;)

@PRO_TOO I don't have such problems. If he doesn;t have a real face i SAVE-EXIT-GO TO EDIT MODE and attach one real to him through BASE COPY method!! ;) :)

In video below, the YOuth Team faces check, the two players i mentioned to @PRO_TOO with "fixed" faces.
Special TIP: Through the method i showed, after 0:15 you can also make negotiation offers to players, while browsing easier the Leagues/teams menu by "TEAM INFO/Squad List" menu, cause the menu through negotiations menu is more rigid. Only cons from Team Info menu, you cannot check your current budget.

You can, if you go to the Youth team training selection!! Another slamsoz workaround!!! :P ;)

@PRO_TOO I don't have such problems. If he doesn;t have a real face i SAVE-EXIT-GO TO EDIT MODE and attach one real to him through BASE COPY method!! ;) :)
Never really did much base copying. So every players face is somewhere in the game? I doubt that.
2 players with the same “lookalike” face is not an option for me.
So tell me more please.
How can an edit work if I already stetted my ML?!

2 players with the same “lookalike” face is not an option for me
You can change their physical attributes and moves. Height, weight, dribbling and so on. What annoys me is that you cant change hairstyle. If it was only face, but we could play around with everything else - it would be much more fun.
(Unless @slamsoze will jump out of the shadows now and tell me how to do it.. :LOL: )

Still - there are lots of faces. Some in the leagues that you will never play with them.. so its not the worst. Not like you'll see army of clones running around.

Never really did much base copying. So every players face is somewhere in the game? I doubt that.
2 players with the same “lookalike” face is not an option for me.
So tell me more please.
How can an edit work if I already stetted my ML?!
It works how @Emroth said, it edits his face+hairstyle (No EmeS unfortunately, i do not have something about this!! FACE+HAIRSTYLE go together after 2017 unfortunately!! Screw licensed partners and b-shit..... :( :) )

For your first question, if you do not like the player similarity, i cant push you more, i rest my case.
But here i have some personal views. First of all every human has many global doppelgangers around the world. Secondly i don't find all scans 100% accurate, so they can match more than one players IMHO. Then there are the old scans pre-PES 2017. like Lassana Diarra, Ashley Cole , Sussaeta, who are obvious that were transferred from a previous scan-engine to the new game. They have obvious differences with the new scanned players after 2017. They have too long or small heads for example and they look like they were created in a different ratio and now used in an other ratio, like a picture that is on 4:3 and you force-projecting it through 16:9, it looks distorted.

After all these as @Emroth said, pes2020 has already so many faces, that i creates bigger variation. And finally the most important, i have a strong belief that they do not scan for real all these players, but they use a similar method, they have scanned 100-200 players with common characteristics of their race and they edit values like the old face editors in PES 2008~2013. If you check D. Gray from Leicester and Rodrygo from Real, they look almost identical. But i honestly do not believe that they scanned all these players, even if they officially state that they did. Also an other example, for a player from Brazil B, that i have never seen him in my life and i can hardly find a picture or two on the net, i do not have any hesitation to basecopy on him!

But as i told you in the beginning, if you do not like this workaround. it is up to your likes. I find myself also too perfectionist but with this way i use much ore players, feeling the immersion and the atmosphere these details add. Of course there are always exceptions like, until now only for Mario Gotze and Tomas Rosicky, i used the in-game face editor, to create a custom face. Could n;t find someone to have so characteristic face.

P.S.: It has also happened the exact opposite. To basecopy on someone , who was more compatible and similar with the scanned face than the original owner of the scanned face!!! :)

And since we know the game editor is really really dated, these are the given weapons we have to edit.. Why not to use Borja Valero to create Tim Howard. Or when the best face for S. Ascacibar is this , this2 , or this3 why not to use this then?
Or for Inesta that has not someone to look alike, the best builds i found were these Iniesta1, Iniesta2 ,Iniesta3 ,Iniesta4.

In some cases even the best producers cannot produce something decent with the current editor, unfortunately.

By the way this ML is slowly growing on me. I get punished if I become overconfindent but I feel I can hold my own and defend pretty well if I park the bus with my 3 5 2 and play counter attack. Almost all games end up to have a pretty much different story.

Now it's derby time against Samp.. I brace myself for every kind of bullshit to spread out :) ..

Perhaps (don't mean to butt in but I'm fascinated by this kind of stuff ;)) the players are there in the database but the system file just references them, making them available? Anyway, will find out tonight..
@Sobakus and @slamsoze FYI; sobakus was right! I now have all the old players back. About 20k (a little less) in the database. Using Evoweb patch and the system file I made way in the beginning so based on datapack v1. Same edit file that came with Evoweb patch, nothing else. Great! Thank you so much for the tip. I was considering going back to Pesuniverse but now I won't have to. I will have a look if the rest of the editing is still in place but I couldn't be happier right now.

@Sobakus and @slamsoze FYI; sobakus was right! I now have all the old players back. About 20k (a little less) in the database. Using Evoweb patch and the system file I made way in the beginning so based on datapack v1. Same edit file that came with Evoweb patch, nothing else. Great! Thank you so much for the tip. I was considering going back to Pesuniverse but now I won't have to. I will have a look if the rest of the editing is still in place but I couldn't be happier right now.
Good to know dude. Especially for the consoles that editing is less flexible than PC, this info are very valuable. I hope that the "system000" file works universally, IE if i had a new version with missing Free Agents and @Sobakus uploaded his old one, that i can download it and import it in my PS4 and take back the players.
Maybe also Junior Mantis worked on this file to unlock the hidden players in 2019 like Podolski, or the MC legends for offline play.
And i hope that in next gen, they will upgrade their database system, cause this joke with EDIT0000, SYSTEM0000 and settings.dat is in game since PES2008.

Good to know dude. Especially for the consoles that editing is less flexible than PC, this info are very valuable. I hope that the "system000" file works universally, IE if i had a new version with missing Free Agents and @Sobakus uploaded his old one, that i can download it and import it in my PS4 and take back the players.
Maybe also Junior Mantis worked on this file to unlock the hidden players in 2019 like Podolski, or the MC legends for offline play.
And i hope that in next gen, they will upgrade their database system, cause this joke with EDIT0000, SYSTEM0000 and settings.dat is in game since PES2008.
It is really weird, there are also some discrepancies (which i don't mind). For example if I use my old system file Carlos tevez is at West ham (he played there more than 10 years ago! So weird and random). And then if I use the new system file , so the one based on dp2, he'll be at Boca juniors (which is correct). So bizarre. Also there are still duplicate players no matter which system file I use (some Japanese players and Siem de Jong who is Both at Ajax and Sydney).

Weird logic from konami..

Edit: more weirdness, Carlos tevez is actually at Boca in edit mode but he's at West ham in my master league with the "old" system file! So it seems there's a mismatch with the system file and all other files pertaining to players and where they play. I remember reading something about this in the smoke patch thread. Wtf Konami!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom