The Master League adventures thread

Looking to bring in a long term replacement for Heaton in January but I checked the budget and we are losing about £100,000 per week (because of player bonuses). I've got £80-odd mill in the transfer funds but I'm finding teams are wanting crazy money (unless your scout has found them but then it's like cheating). I've gotta be careful cos I got a about 10 players where it says 'offer contract now before they have excessive demands'.

You really think that's like cheating? I find it's pretty much the ONLY way to get any players with such a limited transfer and salary budget. Free Agents feel like cheating, but not scouted players IMO...

This.
But not as much as superstar regens, imo.

I’m cool, because everything is optional to use.

The biggest issue with free agents are where they shouldn't be but are because of licence issues (many, including me, had a bunch of Bundesliga players soon signed on frees in my first 'tester' ML). I don't have an issue with free signings where they make sense. My only disappointment with them is that the AI squads don't seem active enough in hoovering up quality free players. I've actually considered altering my Random DB slightly away from the 'real' universe in order to ensure that NO good players end up as free signings (well, not none, but altering the priority of re-assignment slightly).

I personally don't really ever make any marquee signings 'on the hunt'.
I can sign a free player if they are under 23 and don't require persuading to join me. But only if they look like realistic signings to me (highly subjective of course).

Otherwise I restrict myself only to scouted players and transfer/loan listed ones (although again, the AI is a little weird about what it lists, so only realistic ones). I bought a 21 year old striker from Barca for £50m. He clearly wasn't going to get game time (seeing their squad and looking at the teams individual stats at Christmas). So he was a long term replacement for my 31 yr old striker that was leading the line since I entered the PL.

I scout for bolster weak spots (taking OVR into account) which tends to get me aging players on their way out until I move up the club rankings, but I got a great CB and striker this way to carry the team for the first PL season (CB already moved on after 18 months). I also scout anything, but looking for players with potential (still improving or whatever it's called). Once I have domination in a league, I then alter my scouts to only find players in a single nationality. Usually the nation the league is in. But after I've had enough MLs it can end up being a random nation doing below what I expect in the international rankings.

I try to make the game as 'real' as possible while still improving my team and making up for the lack of real quality in the management AI of other teams.

I guess it ain't cheating but I have myself a 'fairly large' starting budget because being given like £15mill in the Prem is unrealistic. So if I then buy players for peanuts that my scout has found, I guess I feel I shouldn't cos I started with a larger budget.

Sold Calhanoglu. Palace came in and offered £30mill on transfer deadline day. He just wasn't doing it for me and Trezeguet has took his place and been brill. Used the cash to buy a Keeper called Nubel and Rob Holding.

Looking like 8th is the best I can get, Everton in 7th are 10 points ahead of me. My record against the top 6 or 7 is awful, think I've lost every game but beating the lesser teams.

Hopefully PES 2021 will have sorted out regens and the scouting system, it kind of ruins any longevity for me.

Adam did say this was only year 1 of 3 for ML, and tbh i am actually kind of impressed with the transfers the AI make aka they aren't completely broken.

Hopefully PES 2021 will have sorted out regens and the scouting system, it kind of ruins any longevity for me.

Adam did say this was only year 1 of 3 for ML, and tbh i am actually kind of impressed with the transfers the AI make aka they aren't completely broken.

Adams 3 year ML Plan quote came back in late 2017/early 2018, this was year 2 of that plan and all we have is the same missing trophies, lack of any player interaction, transfers that are way too easy to sign anyone, pointless cut scenes that add nothing, and an overall lack of any features, ML is going backwards not forwards.

Mine's a cup of 7th heaven

1574244717715.png

Season 6 has been a wonderfully enjoyable season on eFootballPES2020, and it has flown by, my last session saw the culmination of a seasons long hard work with the final few league fixtures and a much anticipated FA Cup final vs Manchester Utd, my first tilt at any type of silverware in this game, except for the fact that there is no silverware to be seen anywhere in the game and hasn't been for a few years, major gripe, more on that later.

1574244260795.png

So, second in the all time list of most FA Cup wins with 12 trophies, Man Utd were the opponents in the final, they had most of their present day team in tact, even after 6 seasons, probably due to my having the transfer frequency set to low, I have since reverted it back to normal, it would be a tough match against a team in the top 6 of the table, without further ado here's how it went:

My biggest ever win on PES20, and it came in the FA Cup final. To smash seven goals past Utd was no mean feat, and probably proof that I need to move up to Superstar for the next season, I always said I would after my first trophy win, so will stick to that.

Getting the early goal was the killer blow I think, then grabbing a second inside 10 minutes meant Utd were constantly having to attack and chase the game and I just kept on picking them off on the counter attack, with my pacy front four of Quaresma and Gomez on the flanks, and Maolida and Arcas up top, it was just too much for them, we literally scored on every attack.

Although its great to win a trophy, it really is demoralising and frustrating not to actually see a trophy, even just a generic trophy for each of the Premier League and FA Cup, anything would be better than just having your players dance about on the pitch then pose for a photo next to a gaping big space.

It really is amateurish and poor to not have an actual trophy on show, I recently submitted an 8 A4 page feedback document to Konami as part of their user feedback drive, which you can view here if you wish [Doc link] but a large part of it relates to Konami's lack of attention to detail, one of the biggest factors that lets the franchise down and often prevents it feeling like a polished, finished product.

The way my team and tactics is set up is to play fast explosive counter attacking football, I am often out-possessed in matches, but the aim is to be so devastating when we attack that we will always score more than the opponent, even if we concede a few, 1970's Brazil, or early Klopp Liverpool style, the key going forward is to concede a few less whilst maintaining that attacking threat, to turn draws and defeats into wins, the difference between top 6 and title challengers.

1574244435490.png

Once again Maolida has been in devastating form this season, scoring 24 goals in his debut season last year, and winning the golden boot, he has surpassed that this year with 26 goals and once again retaining top scorer status, with Arcas bagging a hat trick and a couple of braces late on in the season to follow closely behind him.

1574244458666.png

No surprise then to see them both make the Premier League team of the year. Have to feel sorry for Mo Salah though, second top scorer in the league, Liverpool won the title again, and yet he doesn't make the TOTS.

Heading into the final fixture of the season, we needed a win to be guaranteed of clinching fourth place and the final Champions League spot, Chelsea were in 5th right behind us on the same points, we are home against Watford in our final game, with Chelsea playing champions Liverpool, no doubt we have the easier fixture, how would Ml scripting play out in this one?

1574244486628.png

A resounding 3-0 win over Watford in a game where we was being outplayed for the first 35 minutes guaranteed that UCL qualification, Chelsea lost 4-2 at Liverpool meaning we finished 3rd with daylight in between, due to both Chelsea and Arsenal losing, automatic UCL qualification rather than having to play a play-off match, even better.

Overall a very satisfactory season, UCL qualification and FA Cup winners, not bad for a Pub team. Pre-season will be a squad strengthening exercise, we only need 1 or 2 players, the base of the squad is developing superbly, DMF Fernando is now 33yrs old so will probably look to sell him on, promote 19yr old Dembelé to his position, and recruit a new, young DMF as backup.

We have also finalised a deal for a new 86 OVR CB to add more solidity to the defence.
On to season 7, some new signings, Superstar level, new kits (shown below) and hopefully more enjoyable matches.

1574244517700.png

I guess it ain't cheating but I have myself a 'fairly large' starting budget because being given like £15mill in the Prem is unrealistic. So if I then buy players for peanuts that my scout has found, I guess I feel I shouldn't cos I started with a larger budget.

Sold Calhanoglu. Palace came in and offered £30mill on transfer deadline day. He just wasn't doing it for me and Trezeguet has took his place and been brill. Used the cash to buy a Keeper called Nubel and Rob Holding.

Looking like 8th is the best I can get, Everton in 7th are 10 points ahead of me. My record against the top 6 or 7 is awful, think I've lost every game but beating the lesser teams.

mate futbol has been bank rolled, I know some purists will say struggle through the financial mires but we've been given the opportunity to choose our budgets this year for a reason, theres some great bespoke animations for the better players this year as in others, we now have less time to invest in this game in comparison to earlier days, you aint never cheating yourself if youre having fun!! and everyone does that their own way.. play the game, enjoy the game, the way you want!! (can't believe those bastids removed classic players from the ml, but smoke patch will remedy that for me in coming months and i'll begin another sacred legends ml lol)

Adams 3 year ML Plan quote came back in late 2017/early 2018, this was year 2 of that plan and all we have is the same missing trophies, lack of any player interaction, transfers that are way too easy to sign anyone, pointless cut scenes that add nothing, and an overall lack of any features, ML is going backwards not forwards.
Yeh don't get me wrong its still embarrassing but compared to say PES 2018 were the transfers were completely broken its at least some sort of improvement, its not like anyone is doing it any better.

The dream I've had for over 10 years has been to have something similar to a basic version of FM but that will just never happen. Which really sucks considering what they can do even on FM Mobile these days.

Yeh don't get me wrong its still embarrassing but compared to say PES 2018 were the transfers were completely broken its at least some sort of improvement, its not like anyone is doing it any better.

The dream I've had for over 10 years has been to have something similar to a basic version of FM but that will just never happen. Which really sucks considering what they can do even on FM Mobile these days.
I will assume that you are "fresh" to these interactions with KONAMI PR quotes, cause this 3 years cycle is already a "meme" for the last 3 years at least. Furthermore , yes the transfers used to be broken in recent years, but going back to PES 2010 ML they used to work very realistic in terms of values and prices, so having KONAMI hunting their own tail, having something that used to work back then and after destroying it without an obvious reasonand the refixing it, is not considered a progress i can buy personally.
And more specific, while the gameplay regressed during the 2008-2010 period and was on ice during 2011-13, the ML content on the other side made leaps ahead in progress, only having pes2014 to revert ML before stone-age, content wise.
If we go to a new features breakdown, only release clause is a feature that didn't existed before 2018 and for this too, i am not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Anyone know of any youtube channels that are doing a master league with all the mods; stadiums scoreboards etc. Apart from TTB no one seems to be doing it.

I found one brazilian guy but his signings were completely unrealistic so that killed it for me.

Anyone know of any youtube channels that are doing a master league with all the mods; stadiums scoreboards etc. Apart from TTB no one seems to be doing it.

I found one brazilian guy but his signings were completely unrealistic so that killed it for me.

No mods and probably well known but recently discovered Pes Story Mode and absolutely loving it, plays with realistic rules and roleplaying a real manager and the amount of investment and entertainment I'm getting following along as a viewer is really amazing. Also highly recommend his older series managing Clermont Foot in Ligue 2.

Great shot - when does this detail occur (players sitting on the sidelines?) - and is that using the GFX mod by any chance?

Godin picked up a knock and was getting treatment, when this happens the player just sits on the sideline for a few minutes before standing up, slowly walking onto the pitch then instantly running at full pelt to get back in the right position. :D

So in the replay I went to Godin's player then used the Nvidia Ansel which lets you take a screenshot from pretty much anywhere in the stadium (for example the very top of the stand). I used some enhancement it had for the screenshot but was just checking the options out really and liked how this came out.

I'm using SmokePatch with various other mods... pretty sure the turf was done by Chuny but can't be 100% sure without digging into Sider. :)

No mods and probably well known but recently discovered Pes Story Mode and absolutely loving it, plays with realistic rules and roleplaying a real manager and the amount of investment and entertainment I'm getting following along as a viewer is really amazing. Also highly recommend his older series managing Clermont Foot in Ligue 2.
Yeh i enjoyed his from PES 2018, i don't really follow Brazillian football so i haven't got into his PES 2020 series.

If he played on PC, used mods and went back to a European save, that would be perfect!

Maybe ill have to start my own :LMAO:

Yeh i enjoyed his from PES 2018, i don't really follow Brazillian football so i haven't got into his PES 2020 series.

If he played on PC, used mods and went back to a European save, that would be perfect!

Maybe ill have to start my own :LMAO:
Is n’t spoony pizzas playing on PC?

Godin picked up a knock and was getting treatment, when this happens the player just sits on the sideline for a few minutes before standing up, slowly walking onto the pitch then instantly running at full pelt to get back in the right position. :D

So in the replay I went to Godin's player then used the Nvidia Ansel which lets you take a screenshot from pretty much anywhere in the stadium (for example the very top of the stand). I used some enhancement it had for the screenshot but was just checking the options out really and liked how this came out.

I'm using SmokePatch with various other mods... pretty sure the turf was done by Chuny but can't be 100% sure without digging into Sider. :)

Yep that sitting position is a classic, ever since early, saves them graphical resources of having to add a medic even tho i think they can these days, i hope they never change it lol

David Beckham, the new coach of Pescara (Serie B).

Struggled with the finances to get Abel Hernandez (MS), Biabiany (RA), Lobato (SS) and two defenders.
I got kicked out of the cup and kind of struggling to reach my target to get under the first three teams in the table.

My middle striker Hernandez took his time to find himself into the team.
Since his stats are lower compared to C. Njie, who´s three years younger and has better, I tried to get him, but failed, since he rejected my offer.

Last transfer window in december, I tried it again but he wouldn´t accept.
When the transfer window was closed I took another attempt, as I felt I need a new striker, because I wasn´t happy with Hernandez and I couldn´t find an alternative for Njie.
So I made another offer and gave Hernandez in exchange and the team and Njie finally accepted.

But I have to wait for the next transfer window until this happens.
Now I have done this and I score goal after goal with Hernandez :II.

I hope I haven´t made a bad decision and Njie is gonna shine as well.

Made it to place 3 and I hope to be able to keep it that way.
It´s march....so not long to go anymore :)

Long time not seen you PAL, since the early days of pes2018. The last time we discussed here IIRC , superstar was still playable!! :P
Hey brother,
Yeah it been a while. Have invested much of my time over at pro evo network since the later end of PES 2018. Great league system over there, lots of good matches against like minded players..... but master league still calls me lol!
Begun my master league for PES 2020 only a few days ago. This years challenge? To lift Rome’s third club, Frosinone, up from Seria B and out from underneath the shadow of its more illustrious neighbours Lazio and Roma. It’s going to be a tall order! Already proving more difficult than expected, although results are improving.

I know my good friend @isureaper31 will be doing this at some point. I'm also contemplating it, but not 100% enjoying the gameplay at the moment.

Ask and you shall receive. :P Episode 1 of my new Master League series is out now. Great to be back doing PES Master League again. Hope everyone enjoys the new spin on it.

Now for the thing that I've been working on behind the scenes, introducing the PES 2020 Master League gameboard. Think of it as a Monopoly style of game within my Master League. Prior to every match I will roll a dice and whatever space i land on will either hurt or help my chances of success in the Master League.

Capture.JPG

Ask and you shall receive. :P Episode 1 of my new Master League series is out now. Great to be back doing PES Master League again. Hope everyone enjoys the new spin on it.

Now for the thing that I've been working on behind the scenes, introducing the PES 2020 Master League gameboard. Think of it as a Monopoly style of game within my Master League. Prior to every match I will roll a dice and whatever space i land on will either hurt or help my chances of success in the Master League.

View attachment 26226
This is so cool! I’ll subscribe to your channel.

View attachment 26226
What a nice addition you created here!
Wish I had that roulette style feature somehow in the game during ML. Wich brings us back to the main topic, what Konami COULD do to enhance ML and the whole PES experience!! ^^
Again it’s a simple user (with a lot of passion), if I may say so, that sets the bar!

When mates are over at my place I love to play random selection matches!! And that mode is somehow similar to what you’ve created.

So we have gfx guys, we have gameplay guys, we have mode guys, we have audio guys, we have UI guys, we have an online platform, we have plattester and we have a loyal community!
Where is that financing guy we are praying for since like forever!? :D
Edit: I’d do marketing and/or live presentation at events like the E3 (plus customer (we call them passionists) care)! :SAL:

Again, it’s all about being able to choose in the game what and how we want to play. Come on Konami, give the customers options!!

and aaagain: Very nice idea!! :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom