The Master League adventures thread

Had some free time recently, started a new ML save to check what happens as far as i progress and to have back Ansu Fati , after i recoverd him in my PS4 database. Started using a mix of TP/SS, finally ended in TP again, as in SS i was tired of fighting the handicap and my controller instead of the opponent team. Now my free time is rare again, so i will progress much slower from now on.

So 1st season, started with Blookrows in PEU League. 31 December of 2019 i moved to PISA, i had a good run with PISA (serieB team), in my previous save. This time due to bad management and lack of regens in first season, things were very hard, either in TP or in SS. I wasted half the season with 50~60 TS, just fighting my own players.

So SIM-ed to end of season and decided to go to a second division i have never gone in the past. Decided to go to Extremadura, Spanish segunda. Nice team background, nice kits, too low in Clubs Ranking, they finished bottom 1st season. I started with them, without good transfers in the beginning of the season, setting as season target to win the Segunda Division. I was still fighting my players and low TS. January of 2021 signed only two players, free agent Tevez with Playmaker team role, to assign him as Captain and skyrocket the TS. Also loaned Helder Costa for RWF. The rest players were promoted from youth academy and sold all the Extremadura original ones. From youths the only remarkable was regen of Joaquin (the original one). Focused and gave priority to promote spanish players, as a type of home rule.

After a tragic begining, we retaliated and finished 2nd in the League photo-finish!

In ML 3rd season, 1st in LaLiga, we sold many players, promoted many spanish-portuguese-latin americans from academy and loaned Joao Moutinho and Dzagoev, due to their roles, to rotate Tevez cause he is 38yo now. We finished 4th and won a spot in next year CL qualification round. The milestones of first LaLiga season were, we could not win Real Madrid in neither of 4 mathces we played, 2 in League , 2 in Cup. Every time i meet them, they start some astray very fast one-touch passes and destroy me. After 1 or 2 goals they revert to all out defense mode and Courtois becomes Super Saiyan-jin God mode. Something similar happens against Valencia.

On the other hand i smashed Barcelona two times in season easily. It is amazing, how bad plays Barca, every time i meet them. Although they are premium-partners and should have a very unique team-ID, they have no ID, they play like the worst team of the world, without any teamwork. Messi is a ghost of himself, Luis Suarez and Vidal usually come in as subs, after 50', and the whole midfield of Barca plays like a ghost.

( This is weird cause i remember also Liverpool, as long as they were Premium Partners they used to play too bad and without an ID, while this year that they are semi-official team, they seem invincible! )

In my 4th season, i am 4rd in December, behind Real, Barca, Valencia won a difficult promotion to CL groups and then an other type of difficult promotion to CL knock-out stage as 1st. Still won Barca with ease and lost hands down to Real and Valencia.

In general ML observations , Tottenham and PSG are flying top each year to CL and EL cups, Jose Callejon moves to MILAN every first transfer window and he is the player that keeps changing clubs, almost every 6 months. Tevez can be signed through a Bosman transfer every August of 2019 and after first transfer window he is always a free agent with a team role, either Playmaker or Smartplayer, so he is an easy boost for your TS, if you sign him and make him captain.

That's it, from tomorrow i will be back to reality and progress much slower. Maybe if next datapack, on 4th of June , adds crucial content, i will start a new save. I different case i will keep my current save. I want to see how my regen players will behave, after they start hitting 75+ OPR and start becoming OP. Also my team now in 91~94 TS, plays usually as they should be. Almost close to how they play in exhibition mode, with some exceptions from time to time, like against REAL MADRID.

P.S.1: In the meantime, i was Greece NT manager since 2nd season. Won 2022 world cup against Brazil, 1-0. For my disappointment, the PS trophy for win an International (World CUP) Cup is removed, so i was awarded nothing for winning the WC. Then i moved to Honduras NT, in order to make them great, #again!!!!!! :P :P, but i do not like the small NT players pool (must fix it in edit mode for a future ML) and the lack of National Anthem!

P.S.2.: On December i was entitled Manager of the year 2022, due to winning the WC obviously, but the day these titles are announced, there was only a notification for Player Of the year award and not for manager of the year, as it usually happens, when i do not win the award! Also my regened CF, Fabio Mazzeo, who was 2nd scorer in Laliga last year, was awarded as European player of the year, for the season 2021-2022. really strange. The other two nominations were also strange. A sub player from Genk was 2nd and a sub player froom PSV was 3rd. None of those 3 players, won anything important last year. Their and my teams, did not even played in a European competitions, or in PSV case, they did play, but did not pass even the group stage of CL!

On noticeable players, although most are regens after 1st season, i would share:

For teamrole players, easy to buy or loan: C. Tevez, Joao Moutinho, Dzagoev, Glushakov, L. Barrios, Lass Diarra

For reges: Joaquin, Kiko Casilla, Aduriz, F. Mazzeo, Barzagli*.

*Barzagli although is not as tall as i would like, is a solo-man defense by his own. Also by coincidence, the last time i won a CL, back in PES 2017 superstar difficulty, Barzagli-regen was the core of my team too!

Also some players i found, who are not regens but good youngster:

K. Thuram-Ulien

Gustavo Assunção

H. Massengo

I’m sitting 4th now ,20 games in, in my ml 1st season. I was top by 4 points then a bad run with a bit of suspicious scripting . Things like hitting the post from 5 yards , players being dispossessed easily etc . I’ve signed one player in transfer window 1st game he hit post from 4 yards then straight into keepers arms. Then he #cores on debut. 20 mins to go I go 2 up. Then almost immediately they pull one back. The tide had turned and I could feel an equaliser was inevitable. On 92 mins they get a soft penalty . Somehow my keeper saves it and I hold on for the win now I’m 3rd and a point off 2nd ..madness

Managed to win the Europa League in my Milan save in season 3.

Had an epic semi final v Braga, I was on the way out with 15mins left. Leveled the tie in the 83rd min, but they were winning on away goals. 92nd min and we get a penalty!! My hands were sweating like mad, I've had about 5 or 6 pens and probably missed half of them in the save so far. Up steps Lemar, sends the keeper the wrong way and we win. Que a shout of 'get in you beauty' and a strange look from the wife 😂

Final v Chelsea and Ibra nearly came back to haunt me. I take the lead but he powers in 2 goals. 2nd half, Boadu gets his 2nd then 3rd and we lift the Cup. Absolute scenes.

Now into season 4. I signed 2 players, Eder Militao and Alena. Wages are taking most my money up, I got at least 3 or 4 players now over, or nearing, 90+ rated. Donnarumma has a year left on his contract. Checked last night and he's asking for £320,000 a year 😂😂

I've been knocked out the Champions League already, group with PSG, Feyenoord and Atletico. So far, I've played 4, lost 4 and not scored a goal. Terrible. I seem to be focusing on winning the League, I'm sitting 3rd, 5 points behind Juve and 1 behind surprise package, Udinese.

Really, really enjoying this save, I've had so many proper 'PES' moments from the start and as it goes deeper into it, it just gets better. Seeing the squads change, some big teams having to scrap against relegation etc...

Hey guys! Some updates on my Racing Santander ML series!

Anyway, we're in season 3 and fighting in the top 4 of La Liga. We've qualified for the knockout round in our maiden CL season as well! This next episode has some thrilling games vs Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Valencia as well as the reveal of our Round of 16 Matchup in the Champions League!

Check it out if you're interested in realistic Master League content or "Road to Glory" type series. I post pretty much every day.

Latest Video:

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

A Quick Summary of my Master League so far, plus playing on Top Player with Manual passing & Manual Shooting.
have many Mods loaded including the Stadiums, Add Boards etc...

Season 1 Finished 2nd in the Championship
Season 2 Finished 14th in the Premier League
Season 3 Finished 6th in Premier League

Presently in Season 4 results as follows

Premier League
Leeds Utd 3 v 2 Arsenal
Man Utd 1 v 4 Leeds Utd
Leeds Utd 0 v 2 Leicester City
Liverpool 2 v 2 Leeds Utd
Leeds Utd 4 v 2 Aston.Villa
Wolves 1 v 0 Leeds Utd
Leeds Utd 1 v 0 West Ham Utd

Europa League
Gent 2 v 5 Leeds Utd
Leeds Utd 0 v 1 W.Bremen
Leeds Utd 1 v 1 Napoli

FA Cup
Leeds Utd 3 v 2 Aston Villa after extra time

Our next two Premier League games below hope you enjoy the games.

Watford v Leeds Utd at Vicarage Road

Leeds Utd v C.Palace at Elland Road

Τhis is from a very interesting group (not my Group), in my current ML save (season 2022-2023). The apprentice did beat the master!! Go for it PIEMONTE!!! :) :)

Attachments

• eFootball PES 2020_20200609104335.jpg
    eFootball PES 2020_20200609104335.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
And this is from other GROUP, same season, PSG keeps dominating, Chelsea ended up not so good.. :SHOCK:

Attachments

• eFootball PES 2020_20200609104312.jpg
    eFootball PES 2020_20200609104312.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 8
Here are some usefull info, from screens taken in PES 2018 ML, that were really usefull as a QoL detail, and i really don't like how they were removed or regressed in next versions.

Attachments

• PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018_20200517122553.jpg
    PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018_20200517122553.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 9
  • PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018_20200517122613.jpg
    PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018_20200517122613.jpg
    639.7 KB · Views: 9
And one with former national team player caps.

Attachments

• PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018_20190613104202.jpg
    PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018_20190613104202.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 8
Just had one of the craziest matches I've ever played on PES.

We're in the thick of things here in Season 3 - deep into the business end of the season. But good news: We're still in the La Liga race and the Semi finals of the Champions League.

We face Real Madrid and Manchester United in this episode - we've finally arrived.

Link:

I don't understand how anyone can enjoy ML this year..... its so scripted and rage inducing. Kudos to all those that tolerate it though !

What control settings are people using on ML

Hi Hitmanuk,

I started playing Top Player and really enjoyed it until i starting winning to many games therefore changed to Superstar and found this too difficult for my standard so decided to go back to Top player and changed to Manual Passing and Manual Shooting.
At the moment this is proving a big challenge but very rewarding on Manual. You can see a few of my Manual games on this Forum.
Also noticed on manual the CPU also plays bad passes off the pitch and terrible shots just like me:):)
This has also been detailed on Youtube by KnightMD which is a fantastic video.
Hope this helps.

Celtic.

Hi Guys,

Big game away at Napoli in the San Paolo Stadium our first Season in the Europa League.
Started off very promising but have stumbled since...can really afford to lose this game.
Many Mods loaded including the Stadium.
Manual passing & Shooting.
Hope you enjoy

Europa League
Gent 2 v 5 Leeds Utd
Leeds Utd 0 v 1 W.Bremen
Leeds Utd 1 v 1 Napoli

Match Day 4 Napoli v Leeds Utd

Hi Guys,

Away to Man City at the Etihad who are top of the Premier League, Leeds are just 7pts behind in 5th place.
This game will let us know if we are to challenge this Season for the title:PRAY:

Gameplay
Full Manual passing & Manual Shooting on Top Player

Season 1 Finished 2nd in the Championship
Season 2 Finished 14th in the Premier League
Season 3 Finished 6th in Premier League

Results so far in Season 4 as follows

Premier League
Leeds Utd 3 v 2 Arsenal
Man Utd 1 v 4 Leeds Utd
Leeds Utd 0 v 2 Leicester City
Liverpool 2 v 2 Leeds Utd
Leeds Utd 4 v 2 Aston.Villa
Wolves 1 v 0 Leeds Utd
Leeds Utd 1 v 0 West Ham Utd
Watford 0 v 0 Leeds Utd
Leeds Utd 2 v 1 C.Palace

Etihad Stadium loaded and other mods hope you enjoy.

Man City v Leeds Utd S4 Ep15

Season 3 is completed with Racing Santander! We finished in third place in La Liga - our second straight year finishing there - it's just been too hard to get past Barcelona!

We had a great year but eventually lost out to a clinical Manchester United side in the Champions League Semi finals.

Here are some of the best goals of the season:

Mind elaborating?
Didn't know it was called the Magnus effect honestly.
I propose we change its name into "Beckham effect" (or "Del Piero law") so it's more clear.
Hi Hitmanuk,

I started playing Top Player and really enjoyed it until i starting winning to many games therefore changed to Superstar and found this too difficult for my standard so decided to go back to Top player and changed to Manual Passing and Manual Shooting.
At the moment this is proving a big challenge but very rewarding on Manual. You can see a few of my Manual games on this Forum.
Also noticed on manual the CPU also plays bad passes off the pitch and terrible shots just like me:):)
Hope this helps.

Celtic.
Hi , gone back to 2019 now , AI is night and day compared to 2020. In my last ML games I made play off in Italian div 2. I see 1-1 at home and 3-3 away and it put the other team through. Edit just read the Italian promotion rules and that's how it works , it doesn't go off away goals if it's a draw the higher rank team goes through and they finished 3rd

I accidentally deleted all my PES saved games so I've restarted a ML with Sochaux.

Created a few players with differing abilities.

Brought in the likes of Ochoa, Raggi, Baba, Sidnei (loan).

I remember playing Sochaux on FM, and note they still have Sloan Privat, he's started off very good for me.

Also bringing in Boudebouz who was a name I recalled too, on loan.

I loaded up a couple of legends teams like Nigeria (really want a proper Taribo West), Mexico to see the players but when tried to erase noted all the players went onto free list. Trying to stay away from them myself but am bringing in a Ecuador striker from the legends, can't mind his name.

Have started on Top Player, but got Lyon in cup and will see how that goes, if it still feels too easy I might have to put up. To Superstar, but it's a bit too robotic and not enjoyable.

FD

Hi Hitmanuk,

Hope this helps.

Celtic.

Top Player is too easy but I hate Superstar (in ML), I dont like the ball retention in SS.

I currently use Dream Patch. I only play ML and exhibition matches occasionally.
What patch so you recommend? (With less noticeable scripting).

I restarted ML again, just thought I'd try a different team, did Paris FC, so rival against PSG.

Got a few edited players and added to some favs.

Still on Top Player as the other 2 levels are just fun zapping.

Top Player is too easy but I hate Superstar (in ML), I dont like the ball retention in SS.

Zeman I've found that SS is the best for me, top player is too easy but SS is fun when you know how to keep the ball properly, you can get away with all sorts of things, but you have to know how to shield the ball effectively using the super cancel to dribble and other subtle movements your player protects the ball quite well, and it becomes very intuitive if you use these directions from spoony pizzas (ive been really struggling in my new season i thought it was just because i was using a new controller but it turned out yes i did have to get used to the grip and precision of my new controller its a revolution nacon, but as i was using an xbox controller before and this is a playstation i forgot to change the pc settings to direct input instead of x input in the pes settings, the x input still worked and i played about 15 games using it lol, but once i switched it to direct input, i stopped miss placing many of my passes and my dribbling got better more precise and using the new shield dynamics improved and i was able to play more aggressively and offensively because the settings meant that i was missing a lot of detail in the controller itself) anyhoo have a look at that dribbling vid hes got some others which are great too, but that one is the fundamentals of dribbling and when u get it right it can be very hard for one com player to get the ball off you even in legendary difficulty and you can use opponent players behind you to beat those ahead of you, its weird to explain, but that vid makes it a lot easier to understand..

this is another one he did, i thought that one was it, but this one is even better because you can beat people without having to touch the skill stick, just through control, this is probably the best thing to know when it comes to ball control and dribbling because you can do this with almost all players, and once you understand it u can start to see it when the computer uses it too.. its so important but like japanese fighting games, certain things are really difficult to put in training mode but are very effective in gameplay..

Play Everton in ML. Went to the final of Europa League, against Real Madrid.
Leading 2 - 0 to the last 10 minutes, then conceded very very very strange goals that I have never experienced in my Pes world before, both goals scored by Sergio Ramos!

Went to extra time felt devastated and disinterested, Madrid scored again. 3 - 2. Then Madrid became very weak but I had stopped playing, then they scored again. 4 - 2. My defender suddenly could easily dribbled past their player from the back to their box to make an assist to make it 4 - 3 in 119th minute.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom