The Master League adventures thread

scored a header
Yesterday I noticed if I do not hold left stick all the way towards whatever direction I am aiming, but if I hold left stick kinda half-way towards the spot and then push the stick as the ball is flying over the box I get more results from corners. Could be a placebo, but I doubt it.

Hey, did someone use Seria B patch from PESFAN.it? How does it work on PS4? As soon as i've read, it replaces the SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP, but in Championship there 24 teams and in Seria B only 19. Please, explain.

For what it’s worth, here are the highlights of my glorious victory over ManCity, the second ML season derby, away fixture, “mission” match on top, and Superstar difficulty. I guess if the AI had a voice it would have complained about me "cheating" because I scored one of my two shots while none of their clear chances got in mostly thanks to De Gea.

I should add that I am playing on the PC with the pre-patch .exe (1.02) and one of @incas36 dt_18 files which “softens” the relentlessness of the AI a bit. It was still tough as a nail and I was mentally and physically exhausted afterward. Lesson learned: with a bit of tactical finesse (and lots of luck) I can “crack” the game, but it ain’t really fun.

Apologies for the hand-held camera style, I couldn’t figure out how to screen capture on short notice.

I started with a 5-4-1, backline: Shaw, Bailly, Hummels, Lindelof, Valencia. Two DMFs (Matic, Casemiro) in front of them, Martial on the left, Lingard on the right and Lukaku up front. Didn’t start Pogba despite his TS boost, mainly because he has this heavy touch and I needed quick and agile players in midfield as the first line of defense.

Offensive settings: counter, long pass, keep formation (you don't want players to run all over the place), support range high. The latter one is crucial when you need more addressees for cross-field passes during build-up. Before this I had this wrong all the time and lost a lot of balls in my own half, which is deadly, especially when the COM plays on red attack/defense.

Defensive settings: Frontline pressure, wide, aggressive, line and compactness both at 4.

For advanced instructions I pulled Lukaku back a bit (false 9) and set the other option to "Hug the Touchline".
Defensively, I went for "Deep Defensive Line" and alternated with "Gegenpress" before the goal and "Swarm the Box" after I scored. I also man-marked Jesus and Sterling.

I made the experience that when you play "Gegenpress" the ref whistles a lot of fouls in your favor, but you shouldn't play it towards the end, because it opens up your defense too much.

Playing against Liverpool as United on Superstar is such a waste of time. You can’t beat them, because every encounter against them is a “mission” game and they are so damn overpowered. I tried every tactic in the book, it’s just not working. Not even a draw.

I had/have to play them three times in four weeks, League game for the title (lost, but still 3 points ahead with less of a goal difference for the final matchday, so I need one point against Bournemouth - let’s see how scripted that game will be...), FA Cup Final (lost) and, upcoming, Champions League final. I am so tired. I literally do not want to play them anymore.

Master League my old friend,haven't posted in here in a while.
Since I don't enjoy 19,I picked up my ML save on 18.
Had a few great games recently.
This is a clip from my Coppa Italia qtr final Vs Atalanta.
First Leg 0-0
I was up 1-0 until the 80th minute when they hit me big time.
Stunning finish by Atalanta.
The most surprising thing is that I scored the game winning goal in the 91st minute,and made it through to the semis.
I think I'll stick to this save a while longer,I enjoy this game a lot more then 19,funny since I hated Pes 18 when it was released!

Last edited:
Yeah, I also reinstalled it, it feels a lot less restricted and player reaction is less sluggish, plus nice headers but there was something I hated about it, too. Don’t remember what it was, tho.
Probably the back heels or chipping in to the box,not nearly as many now as before they patched it.
I'm really liking it,players are dribbling shooting making smart plays.
Might even restart with updated rosters.
I'm playing my ML without fluid formations to keep my players a bit more in line rather than all over the place

Wha the hell my CF always is out of stamina 5 min after the match start? What is going on here? I need to change him in 10 min of the match ... Is that some bug or.. I miss something?

Do you use dynamic one-two?(L1+R3)
I'm not sure mate... I think it happens when I score a fast goal? I get ... its happen almost always when I score a fast goal. I just Finnish FA Cup match I do not score goal first half and my CF was fine.

I'm not sure mate... I think it happens when I score a fast goal? I get ... its happen almost always when I score a fast goal. I just Finnish FA Cup match I do not score goal first half and my CF was fine.
The only bugged way i know to deplete stamina instantly is this. I reported it to KONAMI by e-mail and in Twitter with @Ameppe "s help and they announced they will fix it with next update,probably end of February or March with the next DataPack.

hi guys and hi matt, thanks for your contribution of this game. i try to find your video with ml position and line fix! can you help me! thanks!

A restart if my ML
First season with AC Milan,I had one with Atalanta prior to this one.

I have had great games so far,10 league games in,and I've had 4-5 clean sheets,a few wins in my EL,which I usually SIM.

Even though ive had a lot of clean sheets (which is a first for me in PES) they have been quite tough.
But I'm beating the bottom team as I should,and having hard fought games Vs better teams.

This season I'm in SS instead of TP,which suits me better,I think it plays more humanlike.

This game is Vs Chievo,and a few strange goals in this game,ended 5-1 me
I usually (never) win this big

My winning streak came to a halt with 10 games.
Lost 1-0 to Inter with one of the best derbies I've played,easily top 3 for me.
Followed that loss up with a 3-3 Vs my old team Atalanta,a game were I got hit by their counter attacks twice and had to fight my way up to a 2-2 draw,only to see them score a corner in the 83rd minute.
I equalised in the 91st minute in a header to make it 3-3.

My next few games will be Napoli and Juventus.
Guess the honeymoon is over.

Game still plays very good I you play smart (not like I did Vs Atalanta) and it's very fun

3 straight QF,one has to go through A Qualification Round
no, 2 straight to group stage, 1 through a Qualification round. Konami makes always everything wrong, when Serie A had 3 place on CL, in Pes rules 4 team was eligible to CL :)))
IMG_2010.jpg

GnzRQ7P

no, 2 straight to group stage, 1 through a Qualification round. Konami makes always everything wrong, when Serie A had 3 place on CL, in Pes rules 4 team was eligible to CL :)))
View attachment 12245

GnzRQ7P
They have efed up this years CL+EL positions.I am afraid they are the same for everyone. Furthermore the explanation for EL is a lil bit messed. When they say 3 teams,they mean 4th-5th and 6th right ?And if you read more careful it says Domestic Cup winners and after Champion League promotion, i believe it is a spelling error here they meant Europa League.

Back
Top Bottom