The Master League adventures thread

Started a ML with Juventus for the sole reason of Chelsea Dagger being played when you score at home.

Signed Sancho and Werner while selling a few like Cuadrado and Higuain.

6 league games in and won 5 and drew 1 in Seria A.

Werner is a beast, he’s on 10 goals already (9 have been headers). For some reason I’m scoring around 90% of my goals from crosses which is strange since I’m terrible at crossing with the camera setting still.

Playing on Top player as last time I tried superstar I nearly put my foot through the TV!

I will share this image, i am using it since pes2011 while editing the PEU league into UEFA Super League. I have not created the logo, IT IS NOT MINE, but as it prooved too usefull for me all these 9 years and i have never found it again, i think it is time to share it.

Attachments

• uefa super league.png
    uefa super league.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 25
I started a ML with Real Madrid with loaned out players in the team because I really like to use Ceballos, Odegaard, etc. But I will play on twitch with Real Betis some day, more interesting :D. I'm just testing ML with Madrid.

I started a ML with River Plate.

For some tests, i like to try it outside Europe.

Holy shit, it´s fantastic. The atmosphere.
Also the whole league, 90% of the teams are on the same level.

Signed Samu Castillejo and loaned some players to other teams. Because they were young and to weak or just to old.
Sadly on loans, you pay the loan but not the wages.

I won my first game 1-0, draw 0-0 in home match of second round TOTAL Argentinia Cup, won 2-1 away on second matchday and lost 1-0 in the away match of the Cup by an Freekick Screamer.

Also with all these modded stadiums for the league, it feels fantastic.
To play in an 60000+ stadium at home, to travel away to teams with 18000 seat stadiums.

upload_2019-9-15_15-31-43.png
upload_2019-9-15_15-32-15.png

How do second season transfer budgets get set in this? I sold Pogba for £220m and got giddy over my potential spending but found I got next to no extra transfer budget on top at start of second season.

oh my fuckigng god do you know that fantastic feeling when ur almost done with posting and then while dragging screenshot on you misclick and it all goes to shit!??!?!?!?! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ciao ragazzi, and welcome to a first update of me Milan Masterleague I have going on on me PS4 Professional.

Fuck my life!
upload_2019-9-15_20-4-36.jpeg
Difficulty: Professional -> Top Player (Jan 20) -> Superstar (Jul 20)
Team: AC Milan Default Team (buncha fagets)
Controls: PA1 + Manual Shooting
ML Settings: Fairly High Transfers / Small Starting Budget

Team Philosophy
I always start my Master Leagues with certain themes in mind. In this case my original idea was San Marino memes, but it's just too tiresome. Player Development ain't what it used to be, it's a lottery whether a player will ever develop properly. I miss PES 6 development - it was op af, but it was fun.

So I go for Italian base for now, with a sprinkle of Latino. Our goal is to sell the entire Default Team with exception of Giorza who we'll try to raise as a new Il Capitano. Rest can go away into kingdom fuck.

Biggest signings in first season were Moncini from CIttadella - our new Pistolero, and Cassata from Frosinone, one of best Serie B midfielders. We hire free agents, but within reason - it's still an easy way to cobble up a decent team and I don't wanna abuse it. I also hired two guys from San Marino, and Berardi (RWF) even scored dozen of goals and got into Team of the Season, but both him and Cevoli (CB) are useless now, especially since they haven't developed whatsoever. Dummies!!!

International Champions Cup
You know whos a dummy as well? Konami. They leave you in ICC, even if you are trying to not get bankrupt in Serie B. I get trashed, obviously, but it will prove to be valuable experience. I can safely say that without seeing ICC first, I'd appreciate my Serie B adventure much less.

Inter 1-2, Arsenal 0-1, and United (skipped) 0-6. What a start for Maurizio Calciopoleone!!! WOoooo!!!! :OOOH:

Serie B
It was dreadful in many ways. I had tons of space in plenty of games. Many of them were just a chaotic, tangled mess of people tripping by each other's legs. There were plenty of fantastic, exhillirating moments of straight-off-the-kick-off-omg-drury-shat-his-pants goals, you know which ones. There were some scriptey, dodgy moments, but otherwise it wasn't the problem, to the point where I even went into Top Player mid-season.

It's just that Serie B is full of bad teams!!! And stats now make goddamn difference!!! Low rated teams games are chaos. And it's tedious as hell sometimes, but it just feels right. Horrible slog through a second-tier league where even a team as weak as Milan (avg. OVR was 70 at best, one and a half star team) can get up simply by being ambitious and riding on their asses. A classic, second league feeling.

I remember when I attempted this kinda ML in 2015. I was leading for most of the season too, then magically dropped to 6th because konami fairy magic button got pressed and I got butt fuckered. I got into Serie A through play-offs, but they were so dreadful - I remember to this day, 2-0 and 2-4 against Trapani and I won thanks to away goals only - I didn't even play the next season, I deleted the save, and deleted the game altogether. :RANT:

upload_2019-9-15_20-4-36.jpegupload_2019-9-15_20-4-36.jpeg

Not the case here. Even with difficulty level up, we were coasting. Moncini easily became top scorer and league MVP. We get promoteeeeedddd!!!!! :BRMM:

I have to double post bc forum dont allow me to do it pls no bans im friendly :CALM:

Attachments

• eFootball PES 2020_20190915172207.jpg
    eFootball PES 2020_20190915172207.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Serie A
I have the Salary Budget now, but no Transfer one and there's no one worth selling, my team is literally 19 players :D I decided to sign some free agents. Bonazzoli isn't a big cheat I think. Renato Sanches was best available Free Agent, and given his troubled past I think it can be justified story-wise, he's lost his shit again and wants to recover somewhere. It's alright!

I also had a look into my youth team and promoted a prodigious, 16 years old Italian striker Felix Maria Quagliarella, who is he? Can't find any info on pesmaster or transfermarkt, is he some sort of in-game supertalent or something? I haven't a clue I swear :WASTED:

upload_2019-9-15_20-6-37.jpeg

We bump into Superstar and holy shit. This. Fucking. Game. I only played a few matches, and I admit Sampdoria pissed me off once with their kick off watashi wa football tsubasa san fantasy shite, but this was only once. Games are diabolical, incredible pace, teams pressing the shit out of me, closing me inside me own box, not allowing to spread the wings...I know I am still one of lowest rated teams in Serie A with 2,5 stars, but look at me, I won Eredivisie with fucking Go Ahead Eagles on Superstar in 2015 ML with barely any transfers, I won Champions League in 2017 with three stars rated Spezia, I am, I am...absolutely surprised!

I just got this feeling I haven't had in PES for years now...damn, I need better players! It's not the time to look into developing them and just letting the time do the thing, I need amazing players and I need them now! I can't wait for next transfer windows. So far I am on 10th place, and the goal is to not get relegated, I'd love to secure any Eurospot, I usually do, but will I be able to this time? Hell if I know and I ain't even mad! :APPLAUD:

Crossing my fingers entire season will be like this. LIke that game with Genoa, where I scrambled a manual bitchstrike into low corner with Moncini very early on. Jumped the fuck up and recorded it. These morons just got ass blasted into space!!! And rest of the game was this horrible wrestling, and no one could break through and we got a W :BY:

San Marino Days
I took the job of San Marino NT boss in the second season and it's such a pleasant break from all that heat and gunfire on San Siro. We are playing some crazy, pingy pongy cunt football out there and we're not even sorry about this!

upload_2019-9-15_20-6-37.jpeg

I love how instant the difference is, you notice it right away, in positioning, in player movement, in their horrendous passing and shooting...I have only two games under my belt, historic 1-0 against Liechtenstein, with a dramatic goal in 89th minute after a frantic counterattack, and then heroic draw with North Korea, where we also equalised in last five minutes :LMAO:
It's totally different game, and I can't wait for San Marino games. Next two will come up tomorrow, exhibitions against LIthuania and Lebanon. And then WC 22 Qualifiers, we have Belgium, Denmark and Czechia, yeah I think we can do it! :BRMM:

Initial verdict after 1 and 1/10th of a season

Very decent Master League. As long as nothing gets messed up (I hope I'll never see scripts again) and hopefully, in a long run, KONAMI patches the game (player awareness remains a very, very bad joke), we have one hell of a year ahead of us. Once I'm done with MIlan, I'd assume in a month or two? I want to remaster my old PES 6 Phoenix 10/11 Master League with Dinamo Moskva, it was probably by far the most overpowered team I've ever had, with Dzudszak and Ryazantsev on the wings being on the level of CR7 and Messi, I will never forget them, it was so filthy I was winning CL Finals by six goals lol.

Fingers crossed we keep going like this!!! And where's all my Serie A bois at!!! :DRUNK:

Nice to see this place alive and kicking again.
Been quite dry since PES 18/19

Love that people are choosing teams and leagues from all over the world.

I started a ML with Roma.
20 min
PA0/Basic shooting/basic TB.
Professional/TP (usually lower down to professional when playing EL)
Transfer frequency set to normal
Negotiation to hard

3 Serie A games so far
Sassuolo W
Inter W
Genoa W
And a win Vs Hearts in the EL opener.

Not going to do much in the transfer market,probably ship away Dzeko for a younger talent in January.
Roma is a very solid team this year,loads of talents this year,so I'm very excited for my season!

Nice to see this place alive and kicking again.
Been quite dry since PES 18/19

Love that people are choosing teams and leagues from all over the world.

I started a ML with Roma.
20 min
PA0/Basic shooting/basic TB.
Professional/TP (usually lower down to professional when playing EL)

3 Serie A games so far
Sassuolo W
Inter W
Genoa W
And a win Vs Hearts in the EL opener.

Not going to do much in the transfer market,probably ship away Dzeko for a younger talent in January.
Roma is a very solid team this year,loads of takents
Roma! Love using them. Nice kits this year too although not sure on the zig zag effect!

Look after Smalling for me - make sure he gets plenty of game time!

Roma! Love using them. Nice kits this year too although not sure on the zig zag effect!

Look after Smalling for me - make sure he gets plenty of game time!
I will mate,he's first on my team sheet in defence each game
Been rock solid so far.
The zig zag and weird fonts are not my cupper either.
Konami has tons of kits to fix in the next patch,most teams with 2 only

So Udinese Away,shit game,my players were not up for it at all and they killed me on the counter attack
2-1 Udinese.

Them Brescia at home,a boogey team,played them 5-6 times on my test ML.
Slow, methodical,high pass percentage,the team with the best build up I've played in a modern football game,Brescia? go figure!

Anyway first half,all them,they played me like a fiddle,had to defend properly in this one.
0-0.

2nd half and the game opened up a bit,played it to one of my strikers who curled it in just outside the box.
Went a bit to defensively after that and in the 70th minute disaster struck.
Smalling (sorry @Mikhail ) was just going to intercept a pass but it bounced off his leg in to Balotelli who made it 1-1.

After that I threw everything up,Under went from LM to LWF and Kluivert to RWF ,also Zainolo moved up to a AMF position and i started to create a lot off chances.
Tired legs and gaps all over the pitch at the end,and then Genghis Under stepped in to the picture,93rd minute action here boys!

Man,this is what Pes 5-6 felt like when playing it back then?
I have gone from liking it,to not liking it to absolutely adore this game.
Daje Roma!
Ps yeah I won the game, absolute scenes at the Olimpico!

Great to see all the positive comments about the game, I haven't bought mine yet but I will ASAP.

Can anyone tell me how the transfer market is going? I would love to see realistic transfers, and I have seen in some youtube videos but I'd to hear from you guys.

Thank you!

Great to see all the positive comments about the game, I haven't bought mine yet but I will ASAP.

Can anyone tell me how the transfer market is going? I would love to see realistic transfers, and I have seen in some youtube videos but I'd to hear from you guys.

Thank you!
I'm yet to get that far mate as I disable the first summer transfer window for realism. I'll report my findings when January window opens.

Mainly for transfers, but a one off report of my feelings of ML...

I just reached my second winter transfer window (had first summer transfers disabled, which was an interesting challenge with the Master League defaults team). Money transfers seem fairly realistic that I've been involved in. Some big names have moved around (you get the occasional alert) but I haven't looked up the monies spent on them.

My only issue would be is that you still can't switch up transfer funds with wages. I immediately at the start of the game change my budget options so that everything coming in goes to salary budget and contract options are paid with transfer budget. It meant during the autumn I was slowly getting 5 of the best free transfers I could as the budget report each month unlock more funds (from gate receipts).

I miss the chance to sign bar, but only as it was a crutch. I like that players from bigger teams refuse you based on not liking the step down. Free transfers are willing to sign (and with lots of performance options, you can really bring down their wages) but insist on a very low release fee so they've a good chance of using us as a shop-window/stepping-stone to their next club.

As soon as the next transfer window after signing them came, I had far more wage budget (end of first season funds increase after selling on players and having a proper reshuffle in the first summer). So they all got offered new contracts with better wages, but increasing their releases as much as possible (if you don't increase their wages enough to balance that, they refuse). I've not lost a player to a release yet. I even had a couple of my older, less spectacular signings allow me to remove their release clauses. The other the dialog suggested the release clause was non-negotiable. I haven't risked trying to do so anyway, yet.

The only major issue I've had is with the youth team and the teamwork (synergy) rating. My best striker after 18 months is still Giois (SPL?), not because of his stats, but because the others are team-work-ee enough and so he gets in far better positions. Other positions require less of this, so you can (for better of worse) replace more easily. However, you are still punished for making wholesale changes (which is good). My biggest win by far was a 4-1 drubbing of the retiring players in the end of season testimonial as their synergy is really bad (I guess, you don't see it).
So, to the issue. Your youth players join your team with far better synergy from the off. So after the first season, your best recruitment choice is by far from your own youth team. As they are cheap wages (generally, unless they start with very high stats) and can fit straight in to your squad.

I'd prefer them to have a less pronounced boost to teamwork. Essentially, because your youth team is so much better in recruits in season 2 (due to the regen of retired players) you can easily fill out your squad for little effort. After realising this, I've refused to sign youth team players unless their is no alternative available. I very rarely buy players at all (bought one Japanese full-back so far) and like to only sign youth unless I'm really struggling (in the first season I realised fast I needed a better AM and GK so these were 24 and 31 respectively on frees). This time I'm choosing free 16-year-olds or buying them from other clubs just so I don't benefit from the youth synergy bonus to make it feel more of a challenge in recruitment.

Besides this, I hate the new manager cut-scenes and that I couldn't pick my own likeness. I like that my boss (randomly picked from the other famous likenesses) is often at pres conferences instead of me for new signings. But the extra video of 'me' (Cruyff) frustrated and then applauding a saved attempt, just grates after the second time and slows the game down. I like the little manager decisions, but there should be more (without the lengthy cut-scene I auto-skip!) and they should impact player motivation and players club affection (and even future signings).

I'm watching the game-play editing thread as I'd like the opposition to be a little more interesting (perhaps they will be once I get out of the championship).

My biggest dream for future Master League would be an equivalent of the new youth players generation in Football Manager. Just give me randomised likenesses and player stats for all the youth players. Yes it needs some fuzzy rounding of stats, but this doesn't seem like a huge challenge. I want to leave my youth team training for a while so I have to gauge who is going to turn out well, rather than just sign the forward, Henry over the forward Aspas because I know who is going to be better. Hell, they could even just randomise the likeness and name and leave the stats the same as it would be pretty hard to recognise the players still.

I started a ML with River Plate.

For some tests, i like to try it outside Europe.

Holy shit, it´s fantastic. The atmosphere.
Also the whole league, 90% of the teams are on the same level.

Signed Samu Castillejo and loaned some players to other teams. Because they were young and to weak or just to old.
Sadly on loans, you pay the loan but not the wages.

I won my first game 1-0, draw 0-0 in home match of second round TOTAL Argentinia Cup, won 2-1 away on second matchday and lost 1-0 in the away match of the Cup by an Freekick Screamer.

Also with all these modded stadiums for the league, it feels fantastic.
To play in an 60000+ stadium at home, to travel away to teams with 18000 seat stadiums.

View attachment 19883
View attachment 19884

How did you get the flares/fire in the stadium?

It’s in the South American leagues by default,,not every game but it’s in kompis,especially playing Boca v River and bigger games.
Wish they could have it in European leagues as well

Yea seem to only occur when playing in ML. Played an exhibition match as River, nothing. Started a ML with River and it was there.

Would be really cool in the European leagues.

Playing against low teams is really nice because you notice inmediatly they are not Juventus or something like that. This was the 0-4 against Granada. James doing James things.

(FuMa, no power bar, no radar, Top Player)

https://i.imgur.com/WCsgQjp.mp4

(I don't know how to insert gifs, sorry)
Nice free kick,I missed three last night,how about you teach me free kicks and I teach you how to insert GIFs:)

Ps I use giphy,seems like this forum supports GIFs from giphy

Nice free kick,I missed three last night,how about you teach me free kicks and I teach you how to insert GIFs:)

Ps I use giphy,seems like this forum supports GIFs from giphy

Nice, thanks!

As for the freekicks, you need to aim to the left or right, depends on the taker. If he is left-footed, aim to your left, like outside of the barrier, and then press Shot + LS to the right. If he is right-footed, aim to your right, again almost outside of the barrier, and then press Shot + LS to the left. This is when the freekick is on the left side of the pitch or on the right side respectively.

So, if you are on the right side of the pitch but your better FK player is left footed, you have to count two players from the barrier starting from the right side and aim between the second and the third player of the barrier, and do the same thing as before: Shot + LS to the right.

I only know how to score freekicks with curling shots. I hope there are some other ways.

It's difficult to explain, but I can make a video if you want :-)

Nice, thanks!

As for the freekicks, you need to aim to the left or right, depends on the taker. If he is left-footed, aim to your left, like outside of the barrier, and then press Shot + LS to the right. If he is right-footed, aim to your right, again almost outside of the barrier, and then press Shot + LS to the left. This is when the freekick is on the left side of the pitch or on the right side respectively.

So, if you are on the right side of the pitch but your better FK player is left footed, you have to count two players from the barrier starting from the right side and aim between the second and the third player of the barrier, and do the same thing as before: Shot + LS to the right.

I only know how to score freekicks with curling shots. I hope there are some other ways.

It's difficult to explain, but I can make a video if you want :-)
Thanks bro,naw I'm good,just need to hit the training ground and practise a bit more.
Thanks though

giphy.gif

+

This game. Notice how the Jovic goal has some curl :_)

So Sporting Braga in the EL a game that I controlled up to the 85th minute,and guess what,they scored on a free kick,what a shock..
This from a team with kits like this!
IMG_20190916_225644.jpg

Next up Juventus away,a game that I was the better team,had two 1v1 with Buffon and missed,plus a shot hitting the bar.
Obviously Juventus scored on a corner in the 90th minute,then in a cross in the 94th.
Worst part?
Hearing their fucking goal song after each goal.
Like a plastic fucking ice hockey club.
God u hate that team.
Ended 2-0.
Next up is a double header in the cup.

So Sporting Braga in the EL a game that I controlled up to the 85th minute,and guess what,they scored on a free kick,what a shock..
This from a team with kits like this!
View attachment 20060

Next up Juventus away,a game that I was the better team,had two 1v1 with Buffon and missed,plus a shot hitting the bar.
Obviously Juventus scored on a corner in the 90th minute,then in a cross in the 94th.
Worst part?
Hearing their fucking goal song after each goal.
Like a plastic fucking ice hockey club.
God u hate that team.
Ended 2-0.
Next up is a double header in the cup.
Whoa that kit is so bad!

The equipment this year was inspired by the country´s history, and the medieval warriors who made part of that history. Also, I believe the club is also known by a nickname "warriors" or something like that. But this is a clear example that sometimes, looking for inspiration goes way too far ahah. The kits are being commented all over the internet by now, as one of the ugliest ever.

Since the OF are in very early stage, i decided to continue the ML journey with Blookrows!!! :P . In an ideal world i would like to edit all PES fake clubs, with their own kits and unique logos. I started this morning, i edited about 3 hours, edit images on PC, add some OF, refine some teams and players and i played one game in a new save. Toplayer,all assists basic/pa1 , 10 minutes, ML defaults.
I created a video to showcase the kits 4+1GK which i created on the fly and coincidently i won my first Penalty Kick. :D

We are the Blookrows !!! The team that has a wolf?/dog?/fox? as a badge!!!!

Last edited:
Mikhail has retired as Manchester United manager. Halfway through the season and the script was too unbearable this time.

Have fun lads I'll keep reading your posts, I enjoy reading your progress stories more than playing ML these days.

Back
Top Bottom