The Movies Thread

Enjoyed Bladerunner, love the soundtrack.
On Thor, I love these films and this was up there with the likes of Deadpool and Guardians in terms of humour.
Also watched IT which I enjoyed too.

Black Panther. Another solid Marvel flick. Even if most of the main characters are males, there is a refreshing number of women who kick ass in this movie. Black Panther's personal bodyguard (Okoye) was especially awesome.

A more general complaint to the Marvel Universe, costumes appearing out of pretty much thin air and materializing into almost impenetrable shields seems far fetched, even in your fantasy world.

Watched Annihilation recently. Unique and unsettling. Not a jawdropping story despite it has a message at least but the world and the music is amazing, also has some tense scenes, a must watch for sci-fi fans. Im one of those who says this movie isnt boring at all and should have been a longer journey with more character development.

adding the 1st trailer as the second one is a big spoiler itself

Last edited:
Ready Player One, I watched it two days ago. I loved it, a heaven for pop culture, geeky stuff, films and video games references, music. This film is extremely entertaining, the action pieces are top top top top.

I read it that it want to appeal to new age kids with all the tech stuff yet it is stuffed with 80's pop culture references...so umm?? Who should be enjoying it? :D Was the question..

Yupp. Justice League and even The Last Jedi got b slapped.

This is like Thor Ragnarok (New Hope) to me but from bright to dark (Empire)

Last edited:
After reading a few posts in here my opinion of Marvel movies this year.

Black Panther - 6/10 - Absolutely overrated, don't know how this is regarded on one of the best Marvel films.
Avengers - 8/10 - Probably one of the best Marvel movies to date.
Dead Pool 2 - 8/10 - Hilarious throughout and great film.

I had to pee so bad towards the end that it ruined the experience a bit. But i dunno i think this sequel is stronger on the parts where DP1 was weak, eg. villain, side characters, story, fight. But DP1 was so original and ground breaking so its like Alien and Aliens for me.

But i didnt really like the twist at the end and it was a bit too serious through out the movie. Although i loved the Logan music cameo at the end that helped a bit and no one in the theater recognized it, i was the only one who was chuckling during that scene..

""

Jurassic world

tenor.gif

Not even the trailer was convincing enough for me.
I even skipped The Predator, first time skipping an Alien/Predator movie.
Havent been to the movies since Jurassic World. Im still traumatized! :D

Should have watched Mission Impossible...and i see nothing promising on the horizont for this year but Creed II.

Last edited:
Since i have never seen a topic about DB games here , and no mention in ANIME thread, which is old btw, is anyone else interested in the upcoming Dragon Ball movie "Dragon Ball Super Movie : Broly"?

I've never ever been in this thread, but I wanted to share my opinion and didn't know where, and this thread just pops up in my face.

I know I'm late, but can I say that Wonder Woman movie sucks? I've been hyped to watch it since release, and when I finally did not long ago, I was very deflated. Everybody's acting was good, except Wonder Woman. Hers was, bad. Really bad. No skills, no talent. Extremely bland. No emotions. She completely ruined the movie for me. I don't get the hype at all.

I've never ever been in this thread, but I wanted to share my opinion and didn't know where, and this thread just pops up in my face.

I know I'm late, but can I say that Wonder Woman movie sucks? I've been hyped to watch it since release, and when I finally did not long ago, I was very deflated. Everybody's acting was good, except Wonder Woman. Hers was, bad. Really bad. No skills, no talent. Extremely bland. No emotions. She completely ruined the movie for me. I don't get the hype at all.

It was over hyped and a bad movie, but it was about a women superhero and was always going to be over hyped.
Same as Black Panther which was again another massively over hyped and over rated movie, because it had an all black cast.

Also I don't think Wonder Women was chosen for the role because of her acting ability, but she does look good in a skimpy outfit.

It was over hyped and a bad movie, but it was about a women superhero and was always going to be over hyped.
Same as Black Panther which was again another massively over hyped and over rated movie, because it had an all black cast.

Also I don't think Wonder Women was chosen for the role because of her acting ability, but she does look good in a skimpy outfit.
This is sad because I was really looking forward to it. They could've easily chosen another talented actress with good looks and been a bad ass.

This is sad because I was really looking forward to it. They could've easily chosen another talented actress with good looks and been a bad ass.

Debatable.

Saw Mission Impossible ...dunno the latest one.
Maybe i was tired but it felt sooo long. Also i felt kinda lost as i only watched the first two ever. But i dont want to shit on it as its a pretty decent action movie(old school style as it has story, good action, characters, not just glorified cgi). And i loved the mustached superman, plus the bathroom brawl was pretty neat.

If you are not interesed in the movie, just watch this.

Back
Top Bottom