The Movies Thread

Not sure but I think Venom may have been social media-ed into success. The amount of "Don't believe the critics" comments on videos, etc, is so enormous I don't remember seeing anything like it before. Especially since you should believe the critics, the harshest critics, that is, they are right, the movie is trash on fire. Makes no sense, has a villain that keeps trying to ooze menace but looks about as dangerous as a Playmobil-figure, even Tom Hardy is kind of bad in it, maybe because his character is so goddamn boring, as is the rest of this garbage fest.

This movie is like it was made at the dawn of comic book movies, avoid at all costs.

Not sure but I think Venom may have been social media-ed into success. The amount of "Don't believe the critics" comments on videos, etc, is so enormous I don't remember seeing anything like it before. Especially since you should believe the critics, the harshest critics, that is, they are right, the movie is trash on fire. Makes no sense, has a villain that keeps trying to ooze menace but looks about as dangerous as a Playmobil-figure, even Tom Hardy is kind of bad in it, maybe because his character is so goddamn boring, as is the rest of this garbage fest.

This movie is like it was made at the dawn of comic book movies, avoid at all costs.
Totally agree, this movie is soooooooo bad, I felt they were joking. If you want to teach someone about lazy writing in cinema then show them this film.

Saw Glass last week. Mehh...started off really strong (except for the cameo) then it got interesting through the middle but the end was really generic and underwhealming. Not really a character driven movie like Split or Unbreakable, it rather wanted to be this grandiose idea which fell on its face. Shame.

Juts watched Endgame. The story was exactly what i expected and its such a slippery plot. I kinda dont understand certain parts for this reason. Many how and why , why not then questions come to my mind.
Also there were a quiet few odd character choices/development. And im not a fan just compared to the previous movies.

It was ok tho. Infinity War & Ragnarok are still better by miles for me.

Thanks for not spoiling it. I've noticed lots of spoiler reviews on YouTube now which is fine because I don't have to click on them but some are posting a description of the scene in the title and show a clip in the thumbnail!
It means I can't go on YouTube at all now until I've seen the film. Hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for not spoiling it. I've noticed lots of spoiler reviews on YouTube now which is fine because I don't have to click on them but some are posting a description of the scene in the title and show a clip in the thumbnail!
It means I can't go on YouTube at all now until I've seen the film. Hopefully tomorrow.

Yeah. Same here. I tried to avoid youtube mostly, as there are already plot elements discussed and its in the title of the vids.
It was alright tho it has many great geeky character moments which everyone will love for sure. Just wanna suggest to have a big pee break before the movie and dont drink anything in there for 120 min. Worked for me.

Yeah a non spoiler review I saw said don't have anything to drink :D
Just finished watching Infinity War to prep myself. Can't think of a film I've been more hyped for. The last year has gone so quick :OH:

Someone jackass enough, spoiled some incidents of the movie, in the topic title of his thread in wepes/reddit...!!!!ffs with these sick people!
While I am resisting the whole days ,to not go in Wikipedia and read the plot summary.

Watched it last night. Loved it. The longer I would have gone without watching it the harder it would have been to avoid spoilers.

D6CEoDKUUAEXy_3.jpg:large

Due to illness I have not been able to see Endgame, had a quick look in here and the first thing I saw was something like "thanks for the spoiler" I made my escape in time but
PUT IT IN SPOILER TAGS YOU DONGS

Due to illness I have not been able to see Endgame, had a quick look in here and the first thing I saw was something like "thanks for the spoiler" I made my escape in time but
PUT IT IN SPOILER TAGS YOU DONGS
There is no spoiler dude. Think you saw the "Thanks for not spoiling it", by @Titch . You can come back, it is safe!!! :P :P
I watched also the movie last week. While i usually don't like the pace and the climax of MCU movies, this movie suffered not so much, it had a decent climax, which as a Marvel-geek i liked it. For a cinema movie, it respected a little bit the comic characters, at least as much as a Hollywood movie can do.

In the meantime i saw on Youtube a teaser-trailer about Star Wars episode IX, and although i was a heavily disappointed by The Last Jedi, somehow it motivated my interest again to watch the movie.

P.S. The laughter in the end, rumored to be Palpatine's, blowed my mind, if it is not any cheap flashback into the movie!!

P.S. The laughter in the end, rumored to be Palpatine's, blowed my mind, if it is not any cheap flashback into the movie!!

It is in there to get people excited, after Last Jedi and Solo my excitement for Star Wars films is pretty much zero now.

As for Palpatine they will market him really heavy and he will just appear at the very end of the movie on a cliff face and then throw Ren's lightsaber off a cliff.

It is in there to get people excited, after Last Jedi and Solo my excitement for Star Wars films is pretty much zero now.

As for Palpatine they will market him really heavy and he will just appear at the very end of the movie on a cliff face and then throw Ren's lightsaber off a cliff.
I hope it is something cool, cause The Last Jedi killed my interest too. While i am not a "Star Wars elitist", i liked both the old and the new (prequel) trilogy, i liked Rogue One, i half liked The Force Awakens, but the Last Jedi really was too rushed. "Solo" also did not catch my interest, it had more of a Star Trek movie pace, to be honest.

[/USER] .

YEAAH!

4a.gif

FaithfulTatteredCaiman-small.gif

Star Wars was ruined by EP8, i think its worse than EP1 & 2. I dont care about the story at all, i dont care about the new boring characters. Its gonna be the same old same old OR some woke, social justice warrior propaganda. On top of that they cant seem to do anything with the franchise. Jedi vs Sith, lightsabers, empire, rebels, superweapon.

YEAAH!

On top of that they cant seem to do anything with the franchise. Jedi vs Sith, lightsabers, empire, rebels, superweapon.

There is one thing Disney is doing well Gabe.
Milking the franschsises (marvel&StarWars), especially with cartoon spin-offs and action figures for kids. They even ruined a top-tier fighting game series, MarvelVSCapcom by their milking strategies.
In this base I start to believe that George Lucas was honest, that he did not want episode VII and was Disney pushing the project.

And as opposite I was preForceAwakens to recycle old characters and concepts, the last Jedi was so disappointing, that I think only some old recycled catchy asspulls can save the next movie.

There is one thing Disney is doing well Gabe.
Milking the franschsises (marvel&StarWars), especially with cartoon spin-offs and action figures for kids. They even ruined a top-tier fighting game series, MarvelVSCapcom by their milking strategies.
In this base I start to believe that George Lucas was honest, that he did not want episode VII and was Disney pushing the project.

And as opposite I was preForceAwakens to recycle old characters and concepts, the last Jedi was so disappointing, that I think only some old recycled catchy asspulls can save the next movie.

You are right.
And possibly that will be the case.

EP4-6: Ground breaking movies
EP1-3: Underwhealming movies
EP7: nostalgia movie to retrieve the fans faith
EP8: something new which failed horribly
EP9: nostalgia movie to retrieve the fans faith

and THEN they can start something new with a possibly Obi Wan spin off or a new trilogy. Cathline kenneedy got sacked thankfully. Thats a sign but i see no way to save the latest trilogy.

Finally watched Valerian, turned out even worse than I thought it would be. Looks fantastic but is utterly soulless. Performances rank from bad to painful, Sam Spruell being the only actor putting in some acceptable work.

I would say Luc Besson has lost it between this and Lucy but looking at his body of work he has barely had anything going for two decades now.

My favourite movies:

The Spirit of the Beehive (1973)
Y tu Mama Tambien (2001)
Badlands (1973)
Five Easy Pieces (1970)
Claire's Knee (1970)
Before Sunrise (1995)
A Heart in Winter (1992)
La Belle Noiseuse (1991)

Been on a bit of a binge these last few months watching HD copies of films I've only seen in SD before. Here are some great films I've seen recently:

Fear (1996) - Reese Witherspoon is so underrated as an actress and the movies thats she's starred in
Predator (1997)
Showgirls (1995) - One of the most unfairly criticised films ever?
Opera (1987) - Best Argento I've seen so far. So good
The Man from Earth (2007)
Overture to a New War (1993) - Not really into anime at all but this is probably the best one I've seen. I'm like 1/3rd through the series atm
Metropolitan (1990)
A Few Good Men (1992)

I went to cinema last week and watched "Spiderman far from home". As i am also far from home, due to my job, my wife phone called me and motivated me to go for amusement. She hyped me, telling that she read on the internet, that it is the best Spiderman movie until now.

To be honest and without any spoilers, i didn't find it the best Spidey movie of all time, but the 2 hours the movie lasted, passed very pleasant. It was a good decent super-hero movie to watch on a cinema theater.
On the cons, although i understand that MCU tries to find a new era of sequels,after Infinity war saga, in order to build-up a hidden plot that will lead to a clumax after 5 or 10 years, but i felt that the movie was too much loaded of hypothetical sub-plots, more than needed. Also what i didn't like in both MCU spiderman movies, it throws so much Disney-style details that the focus from Spidey is shifting too much, when i.go to watch Spiderman i expect the 90% of tje focus to be Spiderman. There were moments that i felt Spidey was only a "wingman" to the movie and not the protagonist.

Special PROS: I liked much Jake Gyllenhaal performance, he feated perfect for a Marvel movie hero. I don't say more TO NOT SPOIL things.

Halloween suggestions

The Mist - stephen king, great acting, great story, amazing acting, the movie will fuck with your brain

Life - great sci fi horror, no goofy characters, tense, suspensful, not a single idiot astronaut in it who would smell alien eggs or would avoid quarantine protocols

Annihilation - same as above

Just dont watch any of the trailers due to spoilers.
You are welcome

Halloween suggestions

The Mist - stephen king, great acting, great story, amazing acting, the movie will fuck with your brain

Life - great sci fi horror, no goofy characters, tense, suspensful, not a single idiot astronaut in it who would smell alien eggs or would avoid quarantine protocols

Annihilation - same as above

Just dont watch any of the trailers due to spoilers.
You are welcome
They are all decent films

I would recommend Martyrs (2007) for horror. That was a crazy ride. Also good ones:

Zombie (1979)
The New York Ripper (1982)
Opera (1987)
The Green Inferno (2013)
Midsommar (2019)

They are all decent films

I would recommend Martyrs (2007) for horror. That was a crazy ride. Also good ones:

Zombie (1979)
The New York Ripper (1982)
Opera (1987)
The Green Inferno (2013)
Midsommar (2019)

Lol Green Inferno is trash and idiotic but i have enjoyed it a lot :D
That made me remind of Green Room. Its rather kind of a thriller but still creepy to me.

Back
Top Bottom