The Movies Thread

Stringer Bell said:
Anyone seen Donnie Darko?

Yes, its a bit weird and make take a couple of views to understand what the hell its all about but its quite good

CWright said:
Yes, its a bit weird and make take a couple of views to understand what the hell its all about but its quite good
Watched it three times now. I think its about time travel but in Donnie Darko's perspective.

@Raven, It's basicaly talking about movies you've watched.

Donnie Darko is one of my fav films of all time. Lost in Translation was a pretty good film and Ive still to see Sexy Beast.

Anyone seen Basic? Love the movie. With 2 of my fav actors, Travolta and BMF Samuel L. Jackson.

But one of my all time fav has to be from the master Tarantino, Pulp Fiction. the orange ball at the end is funny has hell though. :lol:
With 2 of my fav... I said this before... :)

I watched Brick last night and I am blown away. It will end up being a DVD cult classic. I am so glad I picked it up on a whim.

Also saw Clerks II a few days back. It's very much in the vein of the first one and it made me laugh. I still don't think Smith can do the emotional scenes very well but that's not the reason I watched the film.

Nick Cave said:
Breakfast club
Loved that film! Such a fun film to watch! :)

The first time i saw it was when i was 14. It was Christmas day, around 12:30am in the night, was looking in the tv guide if they were doing any decent films, came across breakfast club. When i read the synopsis i thought it was going to be another one of those boring ass coming of age films, but turned out to be an enjoyable film when i watched it.

It's one of those movies you stumble on, and at first you think it's going to be shit, but then you give a try and you really enjoy it!

p.s. you are talking about this breakfast club: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088847/

Last edited:
CWright said:

I reccomend the Directors Cut of the film to anyone who had trouble working the film out, you can get in on Amazon for cheap.

The_deer_Hunter.jpg

Has anybody seen 'La Haine'? One of my favourite films, about a year ago i started to open my mind to foreign cinema more and now 'La Haine', 'Old Boy' and 'City of God' are three of my all time favourites.

Donnie Darko is a favourite of mine.

Film4 is good, also watched Sexy Beast which was great and Ben Kinglsey is a total loon in it! Anyone who likes anime is advised they're doing a Studio Ghibli season on it at the moment, loads of quality films there.

Thought V For Vendetta was pretty decent but went off the rails a little towards the end.

Anyone here have favourite movies that they're normally ashamed to admit?

Everyone has to agree that the best film ever made was Dazed & Confused. It's like a law or something.

I went to see pirates of the carribean 2 last night and I was slightly dissapointed, there were allot of funny parts but it seemed to drag on!

The 1st one is really good, the ending of the 2nd one was dissapointing too :(

Watched X-men 3 last night.
WTf are they thinking? Xavier dead? Maybe it's like magneto who lost it's power but in the end seems to recover it.Maybe he didn't really died. Wasn't too upset about Scott(Cyclops). Phoenix must have died a dozen times in the comics so it's almost assured she'll would be back in a possble 4th film
A pretty decent movie. Now I wanna see Superman.

RuneEdge said:
Anyone here have favourite movies that they're normally ashamed to admit?
Some people are ashamed of saying they liked Kent Clark because of the "extra stuff" in it.
I found it quite entertaining and a pretty accurate picture of what sometimes kids do these days.

Revan said:
Watched X-men 3 last night.
WTf are they thinking? Xavier dead? Maybe it's like magneto who lost it's power but in the end seems to recover it.Maybe he didn't really died. Wasn't too upset about Scott(Cyclops). Phoenix must have died a dozen times in the comics so it's almost assured she'll would be back in a possble 4th film
A pretty decent movie. Now I wanna see Superman.

You clearly missed the scene after the credits.;)

Milanista said:
You clearly missed the scene after the credits.;)
off fuck. I was already at the exit with the Magneto scene. shit.
well a couple of months to see it on DVD or through "other means".

Milanist. brief description of what happened please. :) in spoiler tags of course.

Revan said:
off fuck. I was already at the exit with the Magneto scene. shit.
well a couple of months to see it on DVD or through "other means".

Milanist. brief description of what happened please. :) in spoiler tags of course.

In a recovery room, I forgot who, but one of the mutants suddenly wakes up speaking in Xavier's voice to the nurse..... proving that he isn't dead

:D

Back
Top Bottom