The neverending case - AIMING

I have ALWAYS used the up/down aiming and never had a problem. I'm gonna try the left/right in a little while.

To the person complaining about passing, I honestly don't know how anyone can complain about it.. I've played this game since Pro Evolution Soccer and very rarely have a bad pass. I know where my players are at all times (constantly looking at the radar) and have never been frustrated with my passes. Are you aware that tapping [X] is a short pass (close player) and holding [X] is a long pass (far player)? Before figuring that out, they were the only bad passes that I made.

Heading is also great as long as you know how to cross. If you're at the top of the box, then its a single [O] cross, if you're on the byline its a [O][O] cross, I have pretty good success with this...

Scoring outside the box is again not that difficult if you practice. I usually do training for hours at a time to tweak my shooting because it is pretty difficult to get used to. When new people play this game, shooting is always their problem.

As far as the left foot/right foot, there is no 'method' to identify what footed the player is/which foot he is using.. it just comes from watching football all your life. With teams I know, I know almost immediately what foot each player likes to kick with and if he's on his wrong side. If he is shooting with his wrong foot you just gotta evaluate the situation...if its worth a shot or if you need to move in order to get a better shot with his strong foot.

I just find it strange than when playing on wide camera ppl can easely identify which foot the player is using to forward the ball,speacially in midfield core situations, but hey... maybe I'm just old and blind lol

Mauras said:
I just find it strange than when playing on wide camera ppl can easely identify which foot the player is using to forward the ball,speacially in midfield core situations, but hey... maybe I'm just old and blind lol

Never really paid attention to footedness in midfield areas. I only take care to choose the right foot/shot selection when trying too shoot.

Bear in mind, that the stronger foot isn't always the best foot to shhot with. YOu have to evaluate your position vs the type of shot you are trying to attempt vs the foot your going to hit with vs. the incoming ball. All of this in a spilt second.

Know your player strengths, and try to create the ideal shooting opportunity. With practice you can judge which foot he's going to shoot with by looking at the stance/shape.

Cheers,

Mauras said:

That's why i play with a closer camera and use the radar for a quick view were my teammates are. It is so important, when it comes to shooting, to time right. I find it very easy to score in the latest versions in comparison with the earlier versions. Pes1 was so difficult. Try not to shoot too fast and make sure the ball is not at the players foot but a bit in front of it. I find that way more important than the directions and the height. I score frequently goals from 30 meters out with i.e. Recoba. Sometimes i pull the powerbar almost to the max and still it goes straight at goal, or just past the post. Therefore i think the powerbar is not really the powerbar but more like the heightbar. That has been confusing for me ever since i played pes1 till we8le.

yep but I think only wide mode keeps the essence of soccer, since it's the only camera that allows a good tactical view. Of course one can use the radar but for me the radar is the most ridiculous feature in WE ever (like if a player in the field has, at any given time, exact knowledge of the pinpoint location of ALL his teammates, being them ahead or behind him lol, ridiculous in soccer terms). I remember the times were me and my buddies played WE without radar, and when the wide mode camera was better (it got worse since we8). Those were the days or real soccer, were the one with the "eagle eye" would gain advantage on through balls and nice passes.

The worst thing about the game is it's almost impossible to score a good goal with any player that has shoot power less than 75-80, because it's so biased towards the "top players".

i feel your point, but i in real football have the advantage to look were i want to look. besides far out most of my passes are towards the front or at least to the side. i never use the radar till i cross the middleline and from that point on i feel it should be there cause you don't have a clear look on the pitch :D. no more offtopic. about aiming: have you tried to be more precise with your timing?

precision is the problem eheh :)

After intensive playing focusing on aiming I feel that:

1 - the graphic explanation on the pic is 50% right. The method 1 I explained in the first place works as well or even better than that method.

2 - the shooting bar is very important, some shots become much more efficient if you just "surgically" tap the button, I guess I was pressing too much.

3 - you have to cope with the fact that sometimes the ball will really hit the post or pass centimeters away. Just like real soccer.

So now I think I cope better with aiming :)

EDIT: Method numbers are based on the first post by Mauras, do not confuse these with the picture.

i always know my players and their strong foot. You can usually tell the player by his position, but i use playernames as my cursor so I know who it is right away.

As for the shooting system, in every new edition of WE I have gone to free training and done various breakaways from different angles. And everytime I have tried both methods.

I always found that Theory 1 works over 90% of the time (given shots on the wrong foot and typical bad setups can make a player shank a shot the wrong direction).

But theory 2 is under 50%, which leaves me to conclude that it is not the correct way. If you do multiple tests comming in from different angles and different feet using Right+shoot, the shot does not always go towards the right side of the net (usually goes closer to the middle and good players will put it just to the side of the keeper, but not in the corner like method 1 will).

I consider myself a decent finnisher, take most of my shots just outside the 18-yard box, and during games nowadays I firmly use method 1 exclusively.

One last thing to add, heading / volleying supports Method 1 hands down, as everytime my mate plays and hits "d-pad right" the header goes right at the goalie. (yes these are good open double-tap crosses, so that's not an issue)

Why can't konami just tell us how to play the game? I just want a manual that explains simple things like shooting machanics

excelent post gflare.

The funny part about this and relating it with your last question:

Check out the PES5 "beta manual" in pdf mode. You'll see that once again Konami says that you can use directional buttons to "change the angle of your shot after you press square" but... once again they also don't explain how (the method) :D.

Back
Top Bottom