• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
Well it seems like the FA are set to decide on the new man for the England job sometime soon, who do you think will get the job?

I HOPE it's Scolari (or Mourinho, not that that would ever happen), so that's who I voted for.

I THINK it will end up being Allardyce though, even though I can't stand the man (or the other managers in your poll, actually)...

Defo Big Phil

Curbishly and Allardyce aint no way near world class managers

I dont want it to be but it will be McClaren. Hes already got experience with England team and he'll be with them in the World Cup wont he. It makes semse like that, but i just dont think hes good enough. Unfortuantely there arent many top draw English managers around

total said:
Isn't Scolari a man that choses his NT based on names and not performance?

Yes... that one.

His nickname is Filipão (in English means Big Philippe) like Ronaldinho (small Ronaldo).

Im hoping its not McClaren,Curbishly or ONeill, these are the most boring and bland managers in the game, they should never even be mentioned in the same breath as Scolari achievments wise. I hope either Scolari or Big Sam gets chosen, these guys are big enough characters to make their own decisions, not ones based on what the media and the fans want.

If any of those first three managers i mentioned get appointed, i will stop supporting England, cuz im not prepared to watch 5 more years of boring football and stupid excuses, with certain players getting picked only cuz of their reputation.

Sam Allardyce gets my vote all the way, he's the only english manager with a mind of his own. He would get rid of all that player power nonsense.

kevano22 said:
Christopher Wright. Im shocked that you havent included STUART PEARCE!

There were many names I could have put up there, I went with the fellas the bookies were tipping for the job. That was why I put in the "Other" option

Nick Cave said:
The best thing Mclaren can do for England is resign now and save us the shame!!

A step backwards for england. Its unbelievable this is the best man England could find. He is a decent enough manager, but can he handle make a difference? i dont think so. If he was anything special, England would already be playing good football since he is already assistant manager alongside Eriksson. Someone new like Big Sam should of been given the chance, and Mclaren to work along side him.

Alucard said:
A step backwards for england. Its unbelievable this is the best man England could find. He is a decent enough manager, but can he handle make a difference? i dont think so. If he was anything special, England would already be playing good football since he is already assistant manager alongside Eriksson. Someone new like Big Sam should of been given the chance, and Mclaren to work along side him.

My thoughts exactly, I don't see this being a good few years after Sven steps down.

Bad choice for me too!

I actually wouldn't have been too ecstatic or excited about any of the 4-5 people seriously linked with the job basically saying none were exactly my top choices but from those available, McClaren was actually second last choice for me.

Sam Allardyce for example isn't my ideal manager but I sure as hell would prefer him and rate him more than Stevo!

Time will tell if this was a good appointment but in my opinion, not so much! He's a pretty mediocre manager and he'll do probably just a mediocre job which isn't what the English public desire.

Eriksen did OK and he wasn't a world class manager. He only won the league in Italy cause he threw shitloads of money at it.
Who's to say how mclaren will do. it's totally different to club football.
He was a coach at man utd and that's what he'll be for England.. a coach.
Remember Joe Royle? He did wonders with very little (oldham, ipswich)but as soon as he had money, he was shit(Everton). good coach, shit manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom