The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: If you loved the demos, you'll hate the full game

Oh dear, are you for real? You have already had a thread closed on this, you are just asking for the mods kick you out.

edit: Now that this thread has been changed into a negativity thread, it's pretty great. Carry on.

Last edited:

If I can save one person their hard earned cash it's been worth it.

I'd much rather be playing the game I was playing in demo believe me! Theyve done this 2 years in a row now, everyone was loving the pes demo - havent met anyone in real life who doesnt think 2012 is cack!

There'll be people like me who appreciate the honesty.

i've worked out, your looking for a fun game, in which i'm looking for a sim. So i understand why you dislkie the game.

The fun arcade style game from demo 1 hasan't transferred to the full game. The gritty realsim of PES 2011 has come back for me using -2 speed.

thing is you need to understand, different people sre looking for different experience.

Last edited:

Demo 2? It was total arcade:

- pace arcade

- shooting arcade( to much power)

- Gk are shit

Don't agree. Full much better in all areas!

Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

On the demo I was thinking like a footballer and it was satisfying to spot gaps and pick them out, knowing your attackers body is a decent enough obstacle to hold off the defender and that you have the pace to stay in front of a defender when youve worked hard for the opening.

On the full game I'm back to the megadrive mindset... not thinking about football but about finding a way to exploit a machine...

I honestly cant believe that people who played the demo to any extent have slapped this game in their ps3 £35 poorer and their faces have lit up. Just absolute pes 2011 lovers (weird bunch) who haven't had their applecart rocked...

Freedom?

No

I share your pain and your just one of a large group of people that feel totally short changed by the full release.

Its always the same,people go into initial denial because they dont want to accept the reality that theyve brought a broken piece of turd with a cpu that just plays through you when youve spent the best part of 15 minutes creating goals against it.

The defensive part of pes2012 in the full release doesnt play anything like real football,fullbacks more often then not are sucked wide or go into a state of confusion if the opposition forward is in-between them and the centre back.CBs dont hold the line and keep there shape,they just run forward and leave a gap,either totally missing the ball(unless its the cpu) allowing the opposition a easy opening or scoring chance.Or they magically warp forward when you least expect it and especially when your in front and goals up.

Its all right though,if a change the gamespped to -2 it gives me half and hour to super cancel and ive loads of time to wrestle the defense into some kind of order.

Konami are given way to much grace by there fans,because tactically there game is superior people are willing to right BASIC flaws off and play round these issues.

Whatever people say on here EA have nailed defending and the way players hold the line and mark space.Hell,you can even win the ball cleanly and show players down the line,you cant in pes2012.

Its very easy to make players run forward in strait lines,its a lot harder to code defensive ai so that it has awareness and doesnt follow basic maths sub routine.Pes2012 the full game is just like fifa10,one big counter attack that forces you forward all the time because retaining possession is so inconsistent and you dont know when the cpu is going to start cheating against you.

Last edited:

Actually wait. I'm renaming this thread and throwing most of the repetitive negativity in here. Hopefully people enjoying PES 2012 can be at peace in that thread.

I share your pain and your just one of a large group of people that feel totally short changed by the full release.

Its always the same,people go into initial denial because they dont want to accept the reality that theyve brought a broken piece of turd with a cpu that just plays through you when youve spent the best part of 15 minutes creating goals against it.

The defensive part of pes2012 in the full release doesnt play anything like real football,fullbacks more often then not are sucked wide or go into a state of confusion if the opposition forward is in-between them and the centre back.CBs dont hold the line and keep there shape,they just run forward and leave a gap,either totally missing the ball(unless its the cpu) allowing the opposition a easy opening or scoring chance.Or they magically warp forward when you least expect it and especially when your in front and goals up.

Its all right though,if a change the gamespped to -2 it gives me half and hour to super cancel and ive loads of time to wrestle the defense into some kind of order.

Konami are given way to much grace by there fans,because tactically there game is superior people are willing to right BASIC flaws off and play round these issues.

Whatever people say on here EA have nailed defending and the way players hold the line and mark space.Hell,you can even win the ball cleanly and show players down the line,you cant in pes2012.

Its very easy to make players run forward in strait lines,its a lot harder to code defensive ai so that it has awareness and doesnt follow basic maths sub routine.Pes2012 the full game is just like fifa10,one big counter attack that forces you forward all the time because retaining possession is so inconsistent and you dont know when the cpu is going to start cheating against you.
Absolutely short-changed. I've also started a new mode having read the wenb guide (in -2 speed) and it's playable, but this is hardly the point.

The whole point I am trying to make is WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DEMO? Without it this version would be understandable, but for the second year in a row we've been teased with a demo of a superb game, before being made to buy a game which couldnt be more of a letdown.

I'm being accused of being after 'arcade action' like I want SWOS or ISS - that isn't right at all - I *just* want that amazing game I played in demo. If I wasn't so impressed with the demo I wouldnt be on here moaning and I wouldn't have bought the product after the disappointment of last year. We all wanted better goalkeepers so what do we get? Weaker shots. Which reduces your attacking options and sends the game back to mediocrity.

In fact, I'd say the full version is more 'arcadey' in that the computer obviously has a (badly) hidden advantage like it doesn't want you getting too much joy from your coin unless you learn how to counteract it's cheating.

So I feel cheated, and -2 speed etc is ok but not the fun, cutting edge product I've already enjoyed so much and rightfully expected to be playing.

Amazed at the demo, enjoying it so much, offline we were joking that theyll probably change it back to the crap version for full release - and they did! What a sick sense of humour this seabass guy has...

i've worked out, your looking for a fun game, in which i'm looking for a sim. So i understand why you dislkie the game.

The fun arcade style game from demo 1 hasan't transferred to the full game. The gritty realsim of PES 2011 has come back for me using -2 speed.

thing is you need to understand, different people sre looking for different experience.
The demo should have been a 'sim' then shouldnt it?

A sim would be a 90 minute match - to squeeze it in 10-15 minutes it must be quicker and the terrible bits of the game should still be removed. Like the highlights on match of the day, in the final thirds of the pitch anyways.

The ball felt like a ball, the players had body weight and as professional athletes they could all kick a ball harder than they can pass it.

Its' a shoddy rushed product imo

no not for a second I think its shoddy programming and poor animations, I've seen goals go in when there is clear sight and the goalkeeper just doesn't move as quickly or as fluidly as a goalkeeper naturally would..although if it means you enjoy the game more and you are happy with that as an explanation then good for you

Why do you post in here?

I just spent the last 10 minutes checking all your posts in this thread, then all your posts in the FIFA 12 thread. Found something interesting.

In this thread? Nothing but negativity, only positive was that the graphics are better on 360 than on PS3.

Fifa thread? I struggled to find one negative in your 50 posts over there, besides 'Assisted players using RB to score online'

We get it, you love FIFA and can't stand PES... take your own advice mate.

(from the FIFA thread)

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2252804&postcount=1311

Can't believe how much moaning is going on in here. If you feel that passionatley about how bad the game is or is going to be simply:

a. don't buy it
b. stop wasting your life posting in here

It will be what it will be and no amount of moaning and complaining is going to change it

;)

Why do you post in here?

I just spent the last 10 minutes checking all your posts in this thread, then all your posts in the FIFA 12 thread. Found something interesting.

In this thread? Nothing but negativity, only positive was that the graphics are better on 360 than on PS3.

Fifa thread? I struggled to find one negative in your 50 posts over there, besides 'Assisted players using RB to score online'

We get it, you love FIFA and can't stand PES... take your own advice mate.

(from the FIFA thread)

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2252804&postcount=1311

;)

I suggest you need to get a life if you have nothing better to do than check up on my posts. I have been posting on here for years as a ISS/PES fan. If you don't want an honest opinion don't ask people open questions. I'm really sorry it isn't the answer you where looking for but I don't believe the goalkeepers act the way the do because they are unsighted. Are the new rules on this forum you are only allowed to post in the PES section if you have something positive to say?

I suggest you need to get a life if you have nothing better to do than check up on my posts. I have been posting on here for years as a ISS/PES fan. If you don't want an honest opinion don't ask people open questions. I'm really sorry it isn't the answer you where looking for but I don't believe the goalkeepers act the way the do because they are unsighted. Are the new rules on this forum you are only allowed to post in the PES section if you have something positive to say?

Yeah, those 10 minutes I spent doing that will really be missed... could have watched some adverts.. had a wank... how will I ever get them back?

There is nothing wrong with posting something negative about PES, it has a lot of problems, the issue comes in with me when you do nothing but while also doing nothing but praise it's direct competition. Honestly, it makes you seem like a troll.

Also, I don't care about your 'PES History', what games you used to play and how long you've been playing them means nothing when you post the way that you do so consistently, you used to be a fan of PES, that won't get you off the hook when you do nothing but slate the new one, while consistently praising FIFA 12 like it has nothing wrong with it.

Anyway yeah, let's drop this before it gets out of hand, I just hope you take your own advice.

The demo should have been a 'sim' then shouldnt it?

A sim would be a 90 minute match - to squeeze it in 10-15 minutes it must be quicker and the terrible bits of the game should still be removed. Like the highlights on match of the day, in the final thirds of the pitch anyways.

10-15 minutes should demonstrate in my opinion things like ball shooting, crossing, passing etc.. being easier, maybe ball control being a bit easier to encourage goals, not necessarily cutting out the ugly stuff altogether.

The ball felt like a ball, the players had body weight and as professional athletes they could all kick a ball harder than they can pass it.

Its' a shoddy rushed product imo

Nope, demo 1 had many arcadey factors really. was great, was fun, but certianly didn't feel too much individuallity comared to the full version or even demo 2! You could score from 35 yards with anyone :LOL: . I find your comments very interesting in that you struggle to score goals and most games end 0-0, i'm struggling to get 0-0 myself. every game is 1-1, 2-2, 3-1, 3-2 etc.. there always 2 goals more it seems.

So i think the whole 'play it you way' concept of PES 2012, play around with pass assistance and speed to find the spot you enjoy i say.

wabak, i wouldn't bother with this guy. He hates PES now, he loves FIFA regardless. Nothing Konami can do will change his mind. He plays the patehitc 'I layed ISS card also which is invaild since PES 2012 is a totally different game comared to say ISS evolution 2 my personal favortie and even PES 4,5 etc..

He even lies about PES 2012 for some strange reason, saying it's really easy to pass with through ball yet he was complaining how hard 0 pass assistance was for starters, also me and others have been almost screaming at people to play 0 pass assistance and on -2 speed to see the game at it's simulation best. There's the tactics thread also. But oh no. PES being shit is beautiful in his world. I mean he loves FIFA, why care about what PES does? If fifa gives you all you need why hate on PES every day? Do you see respectul posters like Placebo here every day posting crap about PES?

Hitman, in your world, PES will always be shit, you don't want it to get better, you refuse to see it's good elements at the end of the day you love and get kicks from coming here and writing smug comments about the game. Which is why many on this forum do not take anything you say serious.

This post was designed to destroy your ego. Hating never does anybody any good!

Yeah, those 10 minutes I spent doing that will really be missed... could have watched some adverts.. had a wank... how will I ever get them back?

There is nothing wrong with posting something negative about PES, it has a lot of problems, the issue comes in with me when you do nothing but while also doing nothing but praise it's direct competition. Honestly, it makes you seem like a troll.

Also, I don't care about your 'PES History', what games you used to play and how long you've been playing them means nothing when you post the way that you do so consistently, you used to be a fan of PES, that won't get you off the hook when you do nothing but slate the new one, while consistently praising FIFA 12 like it has nothing wrong with it.

Anyway yeah, let's drop this before it gets out of hand, I just hope you take your own advice.

so do i.:))

Sorry, can't be bothered to read through the last god knows how many pages since I last posted, but my major problem with the game is the defensiveness of the CPU.

I'm playing on professional and every team, it seems, just camps out in their own half getting as many men behind the ball as possible, constantly pressing and shutting off every passing lane.

I'm all for a challenge but this is ridiculous. I don't feel like I'm getting any space to be creative. Every ball attracts about two defenders and I have to get rid of it like a hot potato. It's like trying to thread the eye of a needle with every pass.

I've never felt like trading a PES before, but there's a first time for everything.

/rant.

Sorry, can't be bothered to read through the last god knows how many pages since I last posted, but my major problem with the game is the defensiveness of the CPU.

I'm playing on professional and every team, it seems, just camps out in their own half getting as many men behind the ball as possible, constantly pressing and shutting off every passing lane.

I'm all for a challenge but this is ridiculous. I don't feel like I'm getting any space to be creative. Every ball attracts about two defenders and I have to get rid of it like a hot potato. It's like trying to thread the eye of a needle with every pass.

I've never felt like trading a PES before, but there's a first time for everything.

/rant.

which difficulty are you playing? Top Player is sort of bugged, Professional is a lot better to get rid of CPU pressure
someone say that superstar is a good choice too

which difficulty are you playing? Top Player is sort of bugged, Professional is a lot better to get rid of CPU pressure
someone say that superstar is a good choice too

He said Professional.

I actually think Top Player plays a fairer game, as they aren't so hideously defensive as in Professional.

I'm thinkin about selling this game. It is terrible for countless reasons. I whish i had a good camera to record millions of anoyences moments this game has.

Seriously, I'm not feeling this game at all. It feels like quite a regression from the magnificent demo 1. No need for me to go into detail as it's all been said countless times, but for me the game feels a chore to play and very joyless. The anti-PES if you like.

Mix in the poor, jarring animations, sub-par graphics and atrocious sound and I hate to say it, but it's not looking good for this game.

PES needs a massive overhaul, top to bottom. :((

James, give it a couple of weeks, it finally clicked with me at the weekend.

/rant.

Come on James demo 1 was terrible! Demo 2 was so arcade. Full in my opinion is much better.

Every fucking Ai midfield player can go past through my defenders with unhuman skills. And just for the record, i used to defend well in the demo 2.

It's terrible to plan my attacking plays in this game, my teamates make a non sense forward run when they should stay there at side with the ball carrier, because i just want to pass the ball around the ai defenders like barça do ffs. If I make a manual pass, countless time the game makes the wrong read about whom i intended to pass, or the manual pass is very weak at times, very weird. There are so much of misundertanding moments from the AI that has no clue about what i want to do on the field, my attackin plays simply does not flow beautifully as they did in the demo. The thing is, i don't want to sound arrogant here, but i'm too ahead of the ai in terms of creating some pass and move game and looking for some spots and etc. Although, the AI attack in the demo 2 was MUCH better.

The Cpu defenders are all over the place, always running at your back, you can't do an air ball pass either, the ball is incredibly floaty, you will never be able to replicate some of Xavi and Ronaldinho aair ball passes with this terrible ball physics. Every "different" and intellient pass i do with manual that can break the cpu defence, the Ai defenders can cut out so easily, or when i do it right, the player reciever is out of my controll (there shold be no fucking need to use the fucking sper cancel, Jesus Crhist!), or when i'm in control of him, he, out of sudden, desaccelrate or reacts to slowly, or even attempt to move to one side when he just need to run straigh forward to catch the ball, so so so anoying!!

It's vey ridiculous how the Cpu breaks your attack fouuling you, and then they get a trully demoniac counter-attack with only two players to break your whole defence into pieces with some god-like dribblings and god-like pass though yor whole defence.

Konami can't find a balance. They always go to one extream to another. If last year the movement was terrible and dribblin sucked, this year some players have too much ball controll at times, every midfilder under cpu controll is a nightmare to defend against. If the AI attacing movement is almost non existence, this year they totally exagerate this, making attackers run when they should not, and then you have no option to pass the ball around (by the time you find someone the cpu already has 2 players runnin at yor back). Omg, it's terrible.

Online is terrible: arcadish passing and gamespeed, and there still much advantage to 2 pressure holders (players close you too quickly and they can even deflects yuor passes and break your attack), positioning and keepin your team in shape is far from being an advantage as it used to be on the demo.

Football games are ridiculos, laughable. Both companies are just terrible compared to some others.

I just wrote too much here for my limited english, so sorry if i spelt some words wrongly.

Last edited:

Seriously, I'm not feeling this game at all. It feels like quite a regression from the magnificent demo 1. No need for me to go into detail as it's all been said countless times, but for me the game feels a chore to play and very joyless. The anti-PES if you like.

Mix in the poor, jarring animations, sub-par graphics and atrocious sound and I hate to say it, but it's not looking good for this game.

PES needs a massive overhaul, top to bottom. :((

As you can see on my post above yours, i had many things to complaint about, but one thing that surprised me positively is the graphics, they are great in the full version, i really didn't expect that judging from the demo.

The best PES ever was demo 1, followed by demo 2 and in third place is the demo for 2011.

PES 2012 is way back in fourth place.

Having said that, playing become a legend in regular mode on +2 speed is decent at the mo.

But the demos gave you so many attacking options, shots from range, slipped through balls in the box, attacking players intelligently using space - and the computer mixed it up as well. Had so many great matches on the demo, not had one nearly as good as this.

It's back to working crosses in and cutbacks, wish there were the attacking options and fluidity of the demo.

The demo was sooo much better that negativity is inevitable when the final product is so cack (in comparison).

Why raise our expectations like that and then release what is essentially pes 2011.5?

Terrible, hopefully Murphy brings out some sort of patch.

I'm never paying for pes again, I'll just nick the demos!

Unbelievable Jeff!

Amen to what it's wirtten in bold.:WORSHIP: Ai attacking movement and the oportunity of creatin spaces in so varied circnstances were beautiful and ennough challenge in demo 1 and 2.

We just needed 3 things from them:
- Player movement/dribbling more realistic (slower paced and a bit more individuality to it)

- Better keepers, of course (imo they are good now, i just had one terrible mistake, but they are fine)

- Cpu Ai being able to keep the ball in possession instead of always making an attacking play looks like a counter with some players sprintin with some mad dribblin skills (the burst thing).

Keepers were much improved in the final version but many things went wrong.:YAWN:

Pro Evolution Television Productions presents a brand new series: Dancing on Ice. Starring: Alexander Pato, Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo. Is their dribbling speed and pace realistic? Maybe. Fun? Most definitely.
Love how you can at least beat a man on this game, using acceleration or burst, as this was almost impossible in pes 2011.

/rant.

Then you missed my post which said exactly the same thing.

The defenders are too quick and they are allowed to foul - especially in the pen area where the rules seem to change!

Playing as a striker on bal I've been fouled in the penalty area about 3 times - ref doesnt give a shit.

Watch real football, play real football, defending is about positioning. You cant fly in all the time or you'll give away free kicks all the time.

Why have they bottled it? Tackling is sooooo easy! And it was so fun mastering it on the demo - the skill isnt needed in the full game.

Pathetic

Maybe i'm failing in defence at time becaue i'm playing like it was in the demo, where i used to avoid using X button. It was great trying to position yor players with riht stick cursor and keepin the team in shape.

In my opinion the demos were far more football minded in defence and in attack despite their flaws.

Back
Top Bottom