The Official London 2012 Olympic Games Thread

Thanks for the GIF TSO.

Yup that guy should be banned! He had nothing but bad intentions there and thank god these people wear cups otherwise can you imagine.... he hit him as hard as he could in the BALLS! DISGUSTING!

It says "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Inside the passport it says Nationality is British.

Well, that's what mine says anyway! Don't know if it's different in Wales?
Our passports are exactly the same as yours. However a lot of people, myself included, use a "Welsh Passport" cover, which like other covers gets removed at the check-in desk at the airport when they scan them in and put stickers on the back. Mind you whenever I'm on holiday and asked where I'm from I always tell them I'm from Wales, never Britain (because of the English/British misconception amongst foreigners).

Back on topic, we've been having a bit of friendly banter with some family and friends up north about the amount of gold medals won by Welsh competitors. Because the Royal Mail have been paining postboxes in gold in the hometown of each gold medallist the Gogs are bragging that they've got two gold postboxes and we only got one. Hopefully we'll make it 2-2 tonight, Fred Evans is in the welterweight boxing final, he put the number 1 out in the semi and fights some bloke from Kazakhstan.

Basketball final tomorrow night should be good!

Funny you say that Jack most Americans think of Wales, they think of Zeta Jones ,Anthony Hopkins and Batman (Bale) of a non Britain country.

So, I guess Welsh-Brit is something ppl won`t enter like across the pond. Spanish-American, Chinese-American and whatnot....

Funny you say that Jack most Americans think of Wales, they think of Zeta Jones ,Anthony Hopkins and Batman (Bale) of a non Britain country.

So, I guess Welsh-Brit is something ppl won`t enter like across the pond. Spanish-American, Chinese-American and whatnot....
Christian Bale isn't even Welsh, he was only born here.

I'm watching the Modern Pentathlon on the TV (not much else on), bit of a novelty thing, swimming, running, fencing, showjumping and shooting........ sounds more appropriate for an Army physical training camp than the Olympic games. Must be the strangest event (in my opinion) after the Walk (what's that all about?)

Last edited:
Christian Bale isn't even Welsh, he was only born here.

Oh , So, wait , Born in a place makes you less than? That is an interesting concept . I didn`t know in Wales being born doesn`t mean a person is Welsh, like in Italy. What time period is there to be consider a Welsh. Does Wales have a Military? Who protect them from ternary ? beside the UN :LOL:

I like these names.

559108_401931463203735_161181676_n.jpg

:LOL:

Outstanding day for 19-years javelin thrower from Trinidad and Tobago Walcott Keshorn. A such a result, I think very few people expected.

I thought it was a great olympic games. Well organised, with great facilities and venues.

Makes me proud to be British.

Some really memorable moments and achievements too. Team GB really surpassed themselves.

Yep! Well done England!
Didn't know they competed in the Olympics :CONFUSE:

Anyway I'm glad its done and dusted, normality has been restored to the TV schedules. Though for most of us our wages will probably be paying for it for the next 30 years.

Meanwhile its ironic that six people who took part in the closing ceremony would have been banned from taking part in the Olympics? Because they've been on the drugs?! :OOOH:

Didn't know they competed in the Olympics :CONFUSE:

Anyway I'm glad its done and dusted, normality has been restored to the TV schedules. Though for most of us our wages will probably be paying for it for the next 30 years.

Meanwhile its ironic that six people who took part in the closing ceremony would have been banned from taking part in the Olympics? Because they've been on the drugs?! :OOOH:

I think he was commenting on it being the London Olympics, which is in England! :PP

But there were a couple of Events held in Wales and Scotland aswell, so they need to get credit as well.

But Team GB need to get huge praise for their efforts! what a great Olympics it was :DD

Yeah I didn't say anything about 'competing'. I was talking about how well the events were 'hosted' which I thought was all in London but I guess I was wrong.

Oh yea I saw it! Couldn't have said it better myself Matheus. A man who defeats death and bounces back in such a big way surely deserves to be remembered as truly legend and as an example for everyone. Fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom