The Official PGA Tour Thread

F

footieBalla

well, somebody had to make it, so i'll take the initiative. tiger woods has just won his first major championship in three years. he beat out last year's PGA championship runner-up (also loss in a playoff) Chris DiMarco in a thrilling battle that saw the two basically lock horns starting from the back nine of their last round.

im busy right now so i wont go into details, but for those who missed it, it was quite a playoff.

AND WHAT ABOUT TIGER'S CHIP ON 16TH?! goodness gracious

img8374280.jpg

i took no sides during the playoffs, i wanted mikey weir to win it again ;)

-fb

Nice to see Tiger back to winning ways in the sort of style that got him to the top in the first place. I haven't seen it, but I heard he made quite a comneback.

Was worried after he bottled it but maybe the pressure finally got to him.

Looks like hes FINALLY getting back 2 his best, but the shot on 16 i was shouting for it to drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great tournament from start to finish. I'm a huge Tiger fan, I've watched him since he was an amateur so it was great to see him win his 9th Major. I actually thought it would be more convincing that it was, but credit to Chris DiMarco, he hit some incredible shots.

The chip-in on the 16th is easily one of the most amazing shots I have ever seen, the timing of it and the way it lingered on the edge of the cup was incredible.

Congrats to Tiger...

ReActor said:
It was a great tournament from start to finish. I'm a huge Tiger fan, I've watched him since he was an amateur so it was great to see him win his 9th Major. I actually thought it would be more convincing that it was, but credit to Chris DiMarco, he hit some incredible shots.

The chip-in on the 16th is easily one of the most amazing shots I have ever seen, the timing of it and the way it lingered on the edge of the cup was incredible.

Congrats to Tiger...

I think it was the pressure of not winning a major for a while but he got thru it!

Well done Tiger!

a great tournament. as lefty said during his interview after his fairly poor 72 holes, nobody has caught tiger when he's taken a lead into the last 9 holes of a major. that's what convinced me that this was one of those "tiger-wins". only difference was, he did it in a playoff because he bogeyed his last two holes, uncharacteristic. also, i think dimarco let the 1st playoff hole slip. he made the mistake of hitting it too short on the 18th in regulation. after getting the same lie off the tee-shot, i was thinking that he'd learnt his lesson already and that he would land it right in the middle of the two awkwardly placed bumps on the green.

he didnt, and tiger picked up his 4th green jacket with tears in his eyes (good show)

-fb

Loving the golf over the weekend, Tiger gave Di Marco enough chances to win and and he just couldnt cope with the pressure. Well deserved, especially after that quality chip on 16

Did Greg Norman play in the open this year? I still rember him choking, when he seem destined to win.

I don't think the Wales open is part of the PGA Tour, but it's not worth me opening a new thread just to say that I watched some of the last round today and Jiminez looked brilliant. A superb up and down from a bunker left him about 2 feet from the hole on one and another superb putt, which must've been about 15 feet.

He's looking on top form.

Back
Top Bottom