The Old Dreams Thread

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Seeing as my dreams are becoming more frequent lately, I thought I'd start a brand spanking new Dreams Thread. Text in bold and in brackets denotes something special, text in italics and in brackets denotes that you know why you dreamt about a certain point. Please feel free to contribute!

Last night, I dreamt that I was back in school (the school I attended when I was 13 - I'm now 21). My geography teacher, Mr. Wilson, was being a complete bastard and nobody could figure out why. Apparently it was because his beloved Cambridge United had lost 8-0. (My nephew's football team lost 8-0 yesterday, I doubt he'll be in the starting eleven again...)

After enduring his rage, I went home, where a car salesman, who sold his cars door to door for some reason, was trying to sell a red Ferrari to my mum and dad. (Dad is currently looking to buy a motorbike for the first time in 30-40 years) Mum said "are you going to buy it or what John", he said "how much is it?" The salesman said "£11,000", my dad said "no way, not for that, I'd rather have a bike", so mum said "fine, I'll buy it. You can't let a Ferrari go for £11,000." I was amazed and asked if we could go for a drive in it. "I've bought you a train ticket, I know how much you want to go on holiday so I've bought you a train ticket to Blackpool for three days." So I took my ticket to the train station, where there was a train... Being pulled along by an owl on a rope.

:|

I had to sit on TOP of the train, and off we went. This stupid owl kept going down the wrong tracks that led to dead ends, and I had to grab the rope and pull it to take me the right way. We did three or four laps of this train track, trying to get to Blackpool, but then the owl took me down a dead end, next to a field, and stopped. In the field there was this man with a gun and a hunting dog, shooting and hunting foxes. (I watched the first ever episode of "Harry Hill's TV Burp" last night, in which Harry Hill takes the piss out of "David Dickinson - THE HUNTAAAH!") The owl escaped from the rope and flew into a hedge. I asked the guy to help me out and he said he wouldn't without shooting the owl. He kept asking me if I could and I didn't know the answer. I wanted the stupid fucking owl to die, but my girlfriend is the biggest animal lover on the planet, and I couldn't let her down. ("Lost" spoiler follows)

In the second series of "Lost", in the latest episode, Sawyer wanted to kill a tree-frog for making this incredibly annoying racket. I wanted him to kill it, I couldn't stand the sound before Sawyer had even heard it himself. But my girlfriend nearly screamed when he eventually crushed it in his hands...

In the end I said "no, you can't kill it". The owl dropped and turned into a kind of flying teddy-bear. It gave the hunter a hug, then me, then flew off. I was left with no way of getting home, so I had to walk. But it wasn't long before I realised I was actually in Blackpool.

About three days ago, I had a dream where my mum said to me "watch out if you ever go to Blackpool, there's scallies (chavs) there who mug people because they're so upset that they live in a town that's only one square mile big. They say stuff like 'why can't we have a Tesco's like in Manchester?' Be careful of them."

As I was walking home, a gang of three teenagers came upto me on bicycles, saying "why don't we have a Tesco's like where you live?" I said "look, right, pretend I'm standing in Liverpool now, and now I'm standing in Manchester, if the only Tesco's is in Manchester, it's not that far to go is it? It's not Liverpool's fault for being small!" One of the lads said "oh, so we're small, are we?" They were about to beat me up when I woke up.

Beat that mofo's...

Last edited:
Re: The New Dreams Thread

Just a quick one here Jack Bauer. I once had a dream that i was fighting with Ken Shamrock, up in some gritty area in North London (a location that i remember) and he was beating the shit out of me and everything...But the thing was, i was trying to run away but it was one of those dreams where you can't run fast, your all slow and everything...which was the most scary/frustrating part.

• Staff

It's so weird that I've never in my life had a dream where I run in slow motion, yet everyone else has... When I was younger, around eight years old, I had a dream (over and over for the next five years) that men in Inspector Gadget-style clothes were dragging me down the stairs while my mum shouted "ssshhh!! Coronation Street's on" - and I've had plenty of those kinds of dreams (being dragged, or drowning). But never slow-motion...

omg it's so weird when you find out people have the same dreams as you, that muct be some psychological crap because so many people i know have had it. i had a dream i was on essex road (about where i leave) and these two guys with knives were trying to mug me. i was running away but legs were like they were under water or something or in slow-mo. its frustrating it almost brings you (well it did me) to tears, pure fucking frustration!

• Staff

It's so strange, almost everyone I know has had a dream almost exactly the same as that. I must be abnormal never to have had a slow-mo one. :|

It is a psychological thing, its something I covered last year in school.

Anyway, I rarely remember my dreams, at times I do for a few minutes, then completely forget them.

Milanista said:
It is a psychological thing, its something I covered last year in school.

Anyway, I rarely remember my dreams, at times I do for a few minutes, then completely forget them.

yeah, thats the same with me, i tend to forget dreams almost instantly. apart from the running slow ones as they occur quite often. whatis the psychological thing behind it? does anyone know?

Lol, 110% grim!

Chris, you've started another dreams topic, i remember me running wild for a time in the old one. What a can of worms you must love to open! :)

I'm too tired and hacked off to type much tonight but all i can say is that on Saturday night i had the dream that i was breaking out of a shell. It was a Japanese style egg kinda thing, really quirky and insane, but in the dream it seemed so normal. It showed no part of my current life while i was inside it, but when i broke out i became someone i'm really not. Cor chief, this is getting serious...

I walked down a street unknown to me (back in England now), and started saying hello to strangers, being cocky, chatting up women, talking pure filth and not giving a shite about anything. The dream covered a good few aspects of life and how different this new me was. I was being a twat, i mean i might be seen as one now but i'm a strange lad, i do this thing called caring about what i do and how it affects others.:shock: \\:o/

One event in the dream was how i treated women, i was playing the role of being the "lad about town", pulling all the women, keeping them keen, treating them shit.

Woke up Sunday and arranged to go out on a days drinking from noon. I stroll home at 11pm and the lass i'm kinda seeing starts to blank me, and me being me i start talking and try to make things right. Today has been a complete shitter of a day with her making it look like i've never supported her through crap, been there when she calls, practically done all the mate and boyfriend thing in one go. I'm that kinda lad.. And what's been made clear to me is that i'll continue being a lad with 0% success rate in relationships, unless i stop being the funny, caring type and begin being a complete twat.

Can't do that though, just ain't me! So why did it happen in me dream?

Another one i had last week was me being a contestant on Space Cadets, an "astronaut" knowing all about it being fake. And the one unaware "astronaut" with me in the craft was Prof. Stephen Hawking, who so desperately wanted to go into space during his Specsavers commercial days.... And i had to be the evil one, playing a 60-odd year old cabbage of a man to be a fool, me being a twat.

I'm an honest person, but i don't overdo it on the niceness! It's just like i'm being told a direction but i'm too pissed tonight to see where! :D

The running slow dream shits me right up. Does anyone have the dream where they cant throw a punch when trying to fight?

anyway slow running means

"To dream that you are trying to run but cannot make your feet move as fast as you want them to, signifies lack of self-esteem and self-confidence."

sounds about right for me :)

Um, I was beaten up daily at school, I have the self-confidence of a suicidal goth, but I don't do the slow-running. Hmmmmmm. Maybe I'm just not as concerned about it...?

I never dream................ I just have nightmares :lol:

Last night I dreamt that I wasn't allowed to graduate this spring because I hadn't attended a class all semester that I didn't know I had. I woke up in a fucking panic.

My own brain is trying to give me a heart attack.

Jack Bauer said:
Um, I was beaten up daily at school, I have the self-confidence of a suicidal goth, but I don't do the slow-running. Hmmmmmm. Maybe I'm just not as concerned about it...?
A good advice i would of given you back then is to get a gun and gun-clap all of does bullies down, as if you were Neo in Matrix!

Yeah you would of been locked up for a while...but at least it'll stop does bullies from making other people having the "self-confidence of a suicidal goth". :)

Now back to hearing your dreams...

Oh if only Stringer, there is no picture you can post in your pictures thread that would accurately portray how I felt. Mind you, having said that, I met one of the guys who put me through hell years later. He seemed to have forgotten all about it, just asking me how I was and how Tranmere were still shit. As much as I would have loved to have killed him, when you have memories about something (especially fearful ones), you kind of regress to the point where you were when the memories took place. Hard to explain but I felt exactly like I felt years ago all over again.

Haha, maybe this should be the psychology thread. Anyway!

EatonTJ said:
Last night I dreamt that I wasn't allowed to graduate this spring because I hadn't attended a class all semester that I didn't know I had. I woke up in a fucking panic.

My own brain is trying to give me a heart attack.
:) Has anybody ever had something similar to this and continued to think it was real after waking up?

I had a dream years ago about murdering my dad. My mum said "oh God, what are you like? I was going to go to Shirley's this afternoon!"... She was going to help me hide the body but then she disappeared. I tried to get hold of some friends but they wouldn't answer their phones. I woke up, I went to the bathroom and I distinctly remember looking in the mirror, squeezing my face and thinking "what the hell am I going to do with this dead body?!!"

It was only when I left the bathroom and heard him snoring that I "woke up" properly.

Last edited:

That's insane, but still believable. I often wake up still in dreamland. Whoever's been in the house, be it my parents, girlfriend or a crashed out mate - they've all heard some crazy stuff from me in the morning.

Once i walked in on me mate sleeping, knocked him awake and told him "West Brom are cunts, they're gonna score". I got woken up by a large "what the fuck?!". Another time i'd dreamt i was sleeping with a current girlfriends mum, not that i ever fancied her - i woke up the next morning saying to me lass "I'm so sorry i never meant for it to end this way"..... :shock:

The worst though are the ones that hit you later in the day, where it's 4pm and something from a dream not relative to your day so far just suddenly happens.

i have dreams where i find or win money and then for sometime after i wake up i feel as though i still have it.

also, does anyone have the dream where they fall over and then as they hit the floor you wake up, you kind of bounce on the bed as though you fell on it....haha i love it when that happens, well, after i recovered from the mild heart attack anyways.

bradley1886 said:
i have dreams where i find or win money and then for sometime after i wake up i feel as though i still have it.
HAHA!! I HATE that!! I dream ALL the time that I've won a PlayStation7, they show me all the games for it, the now-"Pro Revolution Soccer" looks like a television broadcast and features every English team around, and I'm salivating over playing it. Then I wake up, turn the telly on and go to grab the pad, before I realise it was a dream, and feel absolutely fucking gutted.

bradley1886 said:
also, does anyone have the dream where they fall over and then as they hit the floor you wake up, you kind of bounce on the bed as though you fell on it....haha i love it when that happens, well, after i recovered from the mild heart attack anyways.
This happens to me all the time, but I rarely remember why it is that I'm jumping. I'm just lying there, dead to the world, then I jerk like fuck. It's like I have no control over it, I just panic like hell.

My girlfriend, whose mum is a HUGE, erm (oh how tempted I am to say "weirdo")... She believes in an afterlife, etc. Anyway, she, and my girlfriend, believe that every time you sleep, you're "astral travelling" (stop sniggering at the back), and that "jump" you described is when your soul is literally jumping back into your body, rushing to return from it's travelling.

:lol: Ahem.

Jack Bauer said:
This happens to me all the time, but I rarely remember why it is that I'm jumping. I'm just lying there, dead to the world, then I jerk like fuck. It's like I have no control over it, I just panic like hell.

My girlfriend, whose mum is a HUGE, erm (oh how tempted I am to say "weirdo")... She believes in an afterlife, etc. Anyway, she, and my girlfriend, believe that every time you sleep, you're "astral travelling" (stop sniggering at the back), and that "jump" you described is when your soul is literally jumping back into your body, rushing to return from it's travelling.

:lol: Ahem.

From what I was told its your body trying to stop you falling asleep, a defence mechanism if you will

Has anyone ever had that feeling where you are awake, but your body isnt? You start struggling but just cant seem to move, until you suddenly snap out of your sleep...

Edit- its called Sleep paralysis, and apparently it happens to everyone atleast twice in their lives.

Last edited:

A workmate of mine said not long ago his latest girlfriend has that, or least i think it's that. He was giving it some up the lady garden for the first time with her, then all of a sudden she'd go as stiff as his lovepump. Thinking he's given the best orgasm a female has ever known, he's beaming like a beacon.... Before realising, through her telling him, "Don't worry, i'm really tired and this thing happens to me where i wanna stay awake but my body doesn't"

And she just lays there now apparently while he.... *whistles*

Regarding the falling dream, yes i've been friendly with that cunt of a dream for many years, i'll be 80% asleep and thinking of that nice bird off Quizmania and then suddenly it's like some fucknut has pushed my mattress upwards from beneath me as i lift off from the bed...!

Milanista said:
Has anyone ever had that feeling where you are awake, but your body isnt? You start struggling but just cant seem to move, until you suddenly snap out of your sleep...

Edit- its called Sleep paralysis, and apparently it happens to everyone atleast twice in their lives.
This was mentioned in the last Dreams thread before it was obliterated off the face of the earth...

I've only had it once so far. Completely unaware at first, I woke up looking at the clock on my wall. I tried to roll over and I couldn't. I panicked so much. I tried to lean up, I tried to "jump", I tried to wiggle. My body wasn't having any of it. It must be fucked up to be paralysed.

I was so scared but after five minutes, I tried to move violently, and did, falling flat on my face on the floor. But at least I could move again.

Jack Bauer said:
This was mentioned in the last Dreams thread before it was obliterated off the face of the earth...

I've only had it once so far. Completely unaware at first, I woke up looking at the clock on my wall. I tried to roll over and I couldn't. I panicked so much. I tried to lean up, I tried to "jump", I tried to wiggle. My body wasn't having any of it. It must be fucked up to be paralysed.

I was so scared but after five minutes, I tried to move violently, and did, falling flat on my face on the floor. But at least I could move again.

i definitely haven't had or i'm sure i'd remember it. i have had stuff like when i deprive myself of sleep for a couple of days i carry on doing stuff but can't remember it, like the opposite of what your saying.

for example, i was at my mates house and we hadn't slept for a couple of days. i was playing super smash bros. (fuck knows why) and i managed to beat a level we were stuck on without even realising it. i snapped out of my day dream and the level was complete.

EDIT: i just realised i am depriving myself of sleep now, maybe i'm day dreaming while i'm posting this...

Last edited:

I hate those sleep-deprivated day-dreams. What you were posting was real though, Bradley. Unless I'm dreaming. :|

Ahaha, I found a scrapbook of mine from 2003\2004, and it has some of my old dreams in. I remember this one vividly because of how ANGRY I was after I'd woken up.

Jack Bauer's Non-Terrorist-Related Scrapbook - Friday 21st November 2003 said:
Last night I dreamt I got home from a pub and when I put the news on, Michael Buerk appeared and said "scientists have determined Moses died after 11:30pm".

BuerkMichael1P.jpg

I was screaming at the telly saying "well how come they can't determine whether Moses really existed at all then?!" when I woke up. Very loudly.

I've stopped doing drugs since then.

A dream from a few nights ago...

I dreamt that my sister found this white, plastic, heart-shaped box in a box of our old stuff from where we used to live, and it had "Saturday" printed on the front. "Do you remember this? This is our old soap!!", she said. It suddenly dawned on me that for some reason, years ago, a company produced a soap for every day of the week - you were supposed to go out, buy your favourite day's soap (they all had different smells or something), and then take photos of you using it with this free mini-camera they bundled inside of the box. You then stuck the photos you'd took onto the front of the box.

After I'd woke up from that one, I thought "is there a million dollar idea in that?? Should I write to all the soap companies??", before I thought "no, that's a shit idea". :(

The one I had shortly after that was watching a football match. It was Portsmouth, against I've no idea who, but they were in red. It finished 2-0 to the reds.

A little info about my previous football dreams; it's very rare that I actually dream of seeing a football result, I've only done it four or five times in my life so far (usually involving my team, Tranmere, or Liverpool, or Chelsea). But every result that I've seen in my dream, ever, has been the EXACT result of the real match whenever it's played, except for the wrong way around (e.g. I dreamt Tranmere would win the Worthington Cup final 3-1, and they lost 3-1).

Well yesterday, I didn't have time to watch Match of the Day (which I haven't watched in months now), but I put teletext on for a second. When I turned teletext off, the picture that came onto the screen was the EXACT same picture I saw in my dream before. It was Chelsea v Portsmouth, and it was exactly as I had dreamt it, from the kit colours down to the crappy pitch. In my dream, I thought Portsmouth were the blues, but it was Chelsea who were playing in blue of course, and Portsmouth were the reds.

In my dream the reds won 2-0... In real life, the blues won 2-0. That kind of stuff really scares me cos it's never been wrong, and the image on the television was EXACTLY what I had seen in my dream.

If I wasn't such a pussy I could have won so much money in bets by now.

but you would bet on the wrong side ;)

the amount of times i've had deja vu without actually remembering if i actually witnessed the original one is weird. it's like i know i've seen it, but don't remember when. i always thought it was most likely from a dream, but i usually forget them as well.

Just woke up on my day off, not had the best dream. Yesterday I was binned by some lass I adored, then in my dream it became apparent I dreamt the whole "binned situation" and we were happy as normal - then... i woke up, thinking it was real. :mad:

The dream I hated the most!!!
Falling endlessly in front of my house but never really touching the ground, then waking and seeing the floor coming againts me. I almost broke my nose that night. :x

I have a dreams where I dream that I am pissing and I wake up and feel like the pee is about to come out and I have to run to the toilets, lucky I do as I usually am busting for a piss when I dream this.

That is cool, its like my body is telling me through my dreams that I am about to piss myself! so it saves me pissing myself - usually happens when I have had a late night. (doesn't happen that often though)

The thing I hate - going a tiny bit off topic - is when you fall asleep on your arm! then I wake up in a panic, because I am half asleep, and my arm is completely dead and floppy!

did it the other night and shot up out of bed and grabbed my dead arm with my other arm and started waving it around like a mad man! I thought I was never gonna get the feeling back, my girlfriend woke up and was wondering what the hell I was doing - as I looked so scared.

I think it was because I read a story in a newspaper that a man died after his girlfriend fell asleep on his leg - this stopped the blood, and he got a blood clot and died in his sleep!

Back
Top Bottom