The online ranking system

aaarrrggh

League 2
20 March 2005
I'm sure I'm not the only person who is dissapointed with the way the ranking system currently works. It seems like madness to not award more points for beating superior ranked players, as this means you can easily accumulate points by picking inferior players and beating them.

When I first started playing online, I played a Div 1 guy in the top 1000, and hammered him 4-0. I was awarded around 50 points for this. I then played a bog standard Div 3B guy and beat him, and was awarded roughly the same amount of points. On top of this, for some reason, if you play the same person again soon after playing once, you only win around 20 points.

Anyway, I was chatting to someone yesterday, and he told me he had received an email from Konami a few months back saying that on December the 19th the ranking system was going to get an overhall. I can't find any information on it anywhere else (and apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere on these boards, but I searched and couldn't find anything), so I thought I'd ask you guys whether you knew anything about it.

I think it should be possible to win far more points for beating higher ranked players. At the moment, the guys with higher rankings are not necessarily much better than anyone else; they just have to have played more games.

Anyway, do any of you lot know anything about this?

Did you read the full post? I want to know whether there are going to be changes made to the ranking system on the 19th Dec.

Anybody else know anything about this?

I never heard about this, and I really doubt Konami was already sure a few months back to change something about the rating system on December the 19th. I'm quite sure the system will not be changed until the next game version is out.

I beat a guy who was ranked 103. Whooped his ass 4-2. Shows how much you can judge players by their ranking.

The ranking system is bull anyways. It only makes people lag you if you're winning. So even if they change anything it will remain bull and people will still lag each other.

WIN: 60 points
WIN against the same player in a certain period of time: 20 points

No difference between DIV1 players and Amateur players.

Anyway... I don´t care about ranking.. I play for fun.

For me, the inbuilt ranking system is ruining the game. people are refusing to play others simply because they're in a better division (obviously just played more). It also encourages cheating to get points.

Sorry about the plug, but both our ladder (www.pesladder.co.uk) and IKE's ladder (www.evo-league.com) are a lot fairer and moderated too and have a tried and tested rankings system that is fair on everyone.

Last edited:
We also have lots of competitions running at the moment.

Evo Cup - all PES5 players as favourite team.
Euro Championships - European national teams.
EPL - players assigned EPL based on ranking.

These are all hugely succesful and make it more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom