The Open....... for Evo Webbers

Carl

Ban Master
Staff
27 December 2001
N.I.
West Ham United FC
Ok, with The Open at St Andrews this year, I said to Wrighty about having our own EvoWeb Open. 4 rounds around the old course should be alot of fun, however, in order to make it a more even and hopefully more competitive contest, we are limiting the number of skill points you can use.

This is however up for discussion in this thread, when you create a player on Links you are given 3 points to put on the 4 skill areas, and if you do the tutorial you get another 4 I think. So do we just leave it that you dont actually add the points to any skill area, leaving everyone on NO SKILL POINTS, or do you have 3, 7 or 10 points to do what you want with on your player.

Also we're thinking of doing it through XSN so it'll all be official and it'll collect all the data, so to pay you'd need to register there. As an XSN tourny, we'll need multiples of 4, so either 4, 8, 12, etc to get the tourny to work. So Wrighty and myself are 2 players, others please put your name down.

As you have mentioned me already I think its safe to say that I am in ;)

• Staff
Would help with your wisdom on what number of points we use. ;)

Nice, another try for a Links tournament. ;)

I'm in! I'd say 3 skill points on highest difficulty (Expert?), also add wind and rain to make it more interesting.

Holio said:
Would help with your wisdom on what number of points we use. ;)

Can nobody else read minds? Fuckin hell, I am wasted on you ;)

3 points on Expert for me, or 3 points on Intermediate. I am easy

I'm in too :).

3 points on Advanced, (that's the proper name for what you guys call "expert" ;))

Holio said:
Also we're thinking of doing it through XSN so it'll all be official and it'll collect all the data, so to pay you'd need to register there.

I went to the XSN site and all I had to do was put in my MSN Passport ID/PW, I couldn't see anywhere to register!? Am I missing something or is that all you have to do?

I think you need to link your gamertag to your XSN account, but don't ask me how, it's been a while. ;)

I just went and read the FAQ and all you have to do is link your gamertag with your passport and that is it!

The invites will be sent out once we have enough players, then all you need to do is confirm

3 points on intermediate, some of us arent Links experts ;) plus dont want to put of any newcomers to Links

Well at present we have 5 people, that kinda screws it up as we can have either 4 or 8 players as a minimum

VR-mail-box-in-wall.jpeg

CWright said:
Well at present we have 5 people, that kinda screws it up as we can have either 4 or 8 players as a minimum

Have a cut off date for entries, if we have the wrong number then we will have to take it as first come first serve, then keep the names of those who missed out and they will have first pick in the next event.

Ok now we have 7!

All we need is one more and we have a decent tourny ready to go, I dont want to have to drop 3 people as it seems cruel

If anyone knows someone who still has the game and wants a tourny then get em in here

And now we have our 8 players with Flawless amazingly having a game that I have never seen him playing on LIVE!!

Invites for the tourny will be sent out over the weekend

Due to CW being technically unable/inept to use a simple web based form I have sent out the invites for the Evo Open 2005. You should all have an invite from me (LemonJelly) so could you accept it when you get a chance so we can keep track of who is involved.

The Tournament starts Thursday 14th July and the final round must be played before 11:59PST on Sunday 24th July.

Players
CWright2000
LemonJelly
Judge Shredd
IkeC
Tim7
JSN
Flawl3ssCowb0y
CityFan

Let me know if you do not receive an invite.

ReActor said:
Due to CW being technically unable/inept to use a simple web based form

Whoah there sparky!!

I resemble the suggestion that I dont know how to use the internet, my monkey typist was off during my dinner hour and I was left on my own trying to work my pc. The monkey has since been sacked and replaced by a beaver, at least hes eager

CWright said:
my monkey typist was off during my dinner hour and I was left on my own trying to work my pc.

OK I can accept that as an excuse, but haven't we already decided that it's Lunch and not Dinner? ;)

It's Dinner, I back Wrighty 100% on that claim ;)

Come Thursday you shall all feel my wrath! And if you check the padlocks in the Editing Forum recently, you'll know what you're in for!!! :mad:

Well everyone has accepted the Invite so I will start the Tournament.

I declare the Evo Open 2005...errm...Open.

Nice one :)

Anyone want to join me tonight? I'm going round most probably all 72 holes tonight. If anyone wants to join me for a round or two let me know either on MSN or on here :).

Back
Top Bottom