The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Great video nerf!

Would be great if you could put a little intro on the front perhaps, with you introducing it!

Proff, whats that chap on Eurogoals called Dave Farrah isnt it ? have u noticed that it must be recorded in one tak ecos either him or a collegaue started coughing a few weeks back!

Apologies for the delay of the report on Maritimo's visit to the Mestalla btw - with Metz's form continuing to decline the French club's delegation are becoming ever more forceful in trying to prise me away from the clutches of President Pereira.

db

denirobob said:
Great video nerf!

Proff, whats that chap on Eurogoals called Dave Farrah isnt it ? have u noticed that it must be recorded in one take cos either him or a collegaue started coughing a few weeks back!

db

Yeah, i noticed that the first time. You can tell from his delivery, and he fluffs every now and then - quite amusing. It's also like that for the UEFA cup highlights programs, spliced together and aired a few hours after the ties.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Well, i'm still buying the ML players. I'm in my 4th season (2nd season in Div1). Signed a Turkish SMF called Cem. On paper he looks like a bit of a Matt (Macco) with good attack and defence stats. So i may also deploy him in the centre of midfield.
I have however bought some real players. I signed Pepe from Porto last season, and at the end of my 3rd season, i bought D'Alessandro :-$ :oops: . Well, i see it as practice for PES5, in which i think i'll be buying some better quality players. I hear it's harder :)

Yeah it is a hard after playing a lot of matches yesterday i managed to score around seven goals.

The shooting is brilliant...it's more realistic unlike PES4 where they kick the ball like there doing a Kung Fu kick.

Also i remebered running down the wing with Robben and the way he moved was like him...like the way he bends and everything...you need to play it to see it.

Also the pace of the game is nice...it's not too slow and it's not to fast, if your a Serie A fan you probably will apriciate the game.

nerf said:
Presenting...

De Graafschap - The Movie ;)

Click here (right click, save as) for a short little montage of goals scored in my longest running ML with De Graafschap.

I apologise in advance for the dodgy camera work, the poor quality video, the disgusting red ball and the lack of sound :D

Just thought I'd compile the replays before PES5 arrives and they are lost forever. They're not that great, it's just a bit of fun :)

Nice video there...it's not as bad as you said it was ;)

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg i tried do that, but it's just that i never get time to do it because of the oppession pressure...and usualy i just fuck it up sometimes.

Also will anybody be getting the official PES5 Giude book? You can download a free 12 page of the guide in the piggyback site

GFK said:
Be aware Stan/Gerd that PES5/WE9 is very hard. I started a ML with Bayern Leverkussen and it unbelievable hard. I am currently placed 7 and I have to do everything to become 6 (to get in Europe) And I dont need to explain guys like you lot what kind of players Bayern Leverkussen has. So its really a challenge this time.

One thing that always bothers me is that my team cant play 2 games after eachother! After one game my whole team (1 or 2 exceptions) is tired, I mean that they have already 'orange' underneath their name and their stamina-bar is also less. I have done everything to make it less; all kinds of tactics to A (which will decrease players-stamina the less) trainging, which only affects the arrows. I really hate this, this way you always need to have 2 complete teams. Does any of you guys have had this problem? Especially the ones who played WE9 cause I dont know if this was the case to in PES4.

Cheers
Yeah man you're not alone.

I was always a fan of having the game realistic and getting players tired so you have to have depth in your squad to cover for when players are injured/suspended/tired but in WE9 this was taken WAYyyyyyy too far to an unrealistic level that NO player could play more than 3 games in a row or he'd die.

If only Konami hadn't overdone this, ML would've been much more enjoyable but no, no matter what tactics.. and i'm a guy who does everything to get players as LEAST tired as possible. I sub them when I don't need them, I don't have my finger on Sprint all the time when defending or even attacking only in short spaces where I need my player to burst past an opposing member.

After playing with WE9 for a while, I came to conclusion that this part of the program is so badly written that even with extreme tactics/rotation to get your players as fit as possible and also least tired and even giving them 7 condition and high stamina's, they still get tired TOO MUCH and way more than in real life.

I haven't played PES5 ML to say if it's the same but usually We9/PES5 are identical in many matters and i'd be surprised if this fatigue problem has been fixed in PES5 version :(

In my WE9 ML, i'm close to the end of Season 2,
in the first season a lot more players used to get tired in 2-3 matches.
But this season, I see that's down to 2-3 players.
I have a core of 5-6 players who I play in a stretch of 7-8 games
without rotation. I do rotate most of the time on the basis of Form arrows
and if needed on fatigue basis.

I also rotate quite a lot, although it's nice to that the more influential players have more stamina...I remember from my Wolfsburg ML that at the beginning (first season) D'Alessandro's stammina wads not too high...after two matches i had to let him rest...i kinda liked that challenge...

About Lille.
As Monaco -Lille 2-3 (Tevez, Mousillou, Mousillou)
Ajaccio - Lille 0-0 (Division 1 cup)
Lille - Ajaccio 1-0 (the inevitable Mousillou) this one was for the competition

Next match is against Schalke in the group stage of the CL. (In a group with Real Madrid, Juventus and Schalke).

Currently leader two points ahead of PSG.

Yes Stan but i was talkign about WE9/PES5.
I was never one to complain about PES4's fatigue problems since they seemed quite descent and I like HAVING to rest my key players but if you haven't played WE9 then you don't know what I mean.

In WE9 my main 1st team players for Lyon that I wouldn't like to switch if I didn't have to and core of my team were :

GK: Coupet
DR : Reveillere

DC: Cris

DMC: Diarra

OMF: Juninho

LWF: Malouda

I had good depth for all other parts and didn't mind playing PEdretti or Tiago in CM, Govou or Wiltord as my RWF and Carew or Fred as my CF but those positions I really liked to have these players and in WE9, apart from very first match of season I couldn't have another single match with aLL those players in my team.

It's unbelieveably bad. I like rotating but you're telling me for every game Juninho, Diarra, and rest of those boys play they also have to REST one game? that's ridiclous in this new version by Konami.

I haven't tried PES5's ML yet but I really really hope Konami have fixed the WE9 ML fatigue problem because while having it is great.. having it OVErdone.. is worst than not having it in at all :(

French And English Unite As Loire Are Demolished
Crouch And Owusu-Abeyie Doubles Sink Ocean And Send Stealtha Clear

From The Kenji Dome:
FC Stealtha 4 - 0 Loire Ocean
Owusu-Abeyie 44' & 89'
Crouch 56' & 78'

In a dominating performance, Stealtha were up and ready from the starting whistle. After just 3 minutes, the ball fell to Ono who hit it with some power, but Rost managaed to gather back to tip it wide for a corner. 10 minutes later, and it was down at the other end, as Yaki-Yapo's close range effort rattled the post and went wide. Just before half time, it looked as if they were going in 0-0 at the break, but Owusu-Abeyie had other ideas. Speeding through 1 on 1 with Rost, he calmly slotted the ball home, enciting the home fans into ecstasy. FC Stealtha 1 - 0 Loire Ocean

HALF TIME

As the teams came out for the second half, Stealtha looked the more dominant side. 11 minutes in, and Richie Partridge's low shot found Peter Crouch, to slot home his twelfth goal of the season. Stealtha 2 - 0 Loire Ocean. And after that, it was all Stealtha. Moritz Volz had a shot clang back off the crossbar, and Ono's low drive was tipped wide by an Ocean defender. A key point arrived on 65 minutes: the first card of the day. Charging up, 1 on 1 with Rost, was Peter Crouch. Rost came to the edge of the box and slid for the ball, but took Crouch instead. The tall English striker came down hard onto the lush grass, and fans of both teams looked on in anticipation. The referee judged that it wasn't fully meant as a foul, and only issued the yellow card. Yellow Carded: #1,Rost- Loire Ocean.(65 mins).

Stealtha were pushing for goal number 3, but it didn't look like it was coming soon. Ocean's defence strengthened, and Stealtha found it harder to break through. But on 78 minutes, it happened. Crouch once again arrived one on one with Rost, but this time the keeper didn't make the same mistake. A quick maradona turn took Crouch around the keeper and he only had to slot it in for his second of the match, and his thirteenth of the season so far.Stealtha 3 - 0 Loire Ocean.

And the majority of the last 12 minutes was just end to end, but Stealtha nabbed a fourth on the 89th minute. Owusu-Abeyie sliding the ball home at the far post from an Ono corner on the left. Stealtha 4 - 0 Loire Ocean. And it was settled. The game ended and Stealtha were four points clear of Manchester United at the top of Division One.

Final Score: Stealtha 4 - 0 Loire Ocean.

This is off-topic but Nigeria ain't going to play in the world cup...even though we beat Zimbabwe 5-1...Angola won 1-0 in their match, they had a better head to head record than us! :(

--

Anyways...
Hey PLF i swear you have to do a bit of training before each match to get your players in top form for the next match...thats what i heard from a guy in the WE9 ML thread.

--

Nice post there Alex.

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
--

Anyways...
Hey PLF i swear you have to do a bit of training before each match to get your players in top form for the next match...thats what i heard from a guy in the WE9 ML thread.

--

Nice post there Alex.

There are 2 training options. Free training, to check out new tactics or players and the training which makes the players in ''top form''. Free training is nothing special, there is no OK sign. So its really just training. And the other option is that the arrows changes but for sure no changes in Stamina/fatigue-bar.. I just can agree with PLF, its way to overdone in this version (we9/pes5) I liked it the way in PES4 where you needed to change sometimes players with not to high stamina. It adds indeed that bit of realism but now its really overdone. From my Bayern Leverkussen I just have two players who can play everything; Jentschz (not even originally Bayern Leverkussen!) and Babic.. Berbatov, Ozturk, Ponte, Freier, Barnetta, Ramelow, Nowotny, Juan, Roque Junior, Schneider etc etc all are exhausted after one game.. And really I tried everything! I even pushed a whole match not on the R1 button, I trained my players, bought players with high stamina but nothing helps..
Soon I will have PES5 and i really really hope the fixed it cause now its really fucked up in WE9.

GFK said:
There are 2 training options. Free training, to check out new tactics or players and the training which makes the players in ''top form''. Free training is nothing special, there is no OK sign. So its really just training. And the other option is that the arrows changes but for sure no changes in Stamina/fatigue-bar.. I just can agree with PLF, its way to overdone in this version (we9/pes5) I liked it the way in PES4 where you needed to change sometimes players with not to high stamina. It adds indeed that bit of realism but now its really overdone. From my Bayern Leverkussen I just have two players who can play everything; Jentschz (not even originally Bayern Leverkussen!) and Babic.. Berbatov, Ozturk, Ponte, Freier, Barnetta, Ramelow, Nowotny, Juan, Roque Junior, Schneider etc etc all are exhausted after one game.. And really I tried everything! I even pushed a whole match not on the R1 button, I trained my players, bought players with high stamina but nothing helps..
Soon I will have PES5 and i really really hope the fixed it cause now its really fucked up in WE9.

Rah :shock: It's that bad...i hope it does get fixed for PES5.

But even if it doesn't, do you think it will make ML challegning in a fun kind of way or will it just spoil it?

Stringer Bell said:
Rah :shock: It's that bad...i hope it does get fixed for PES5.

But even if it doesn't, do you think it will make ML challegning in a fun kind of way or will it just spoil it?

Well, it depends.. For example, Im now in my second season with Bayern Leverkussen and I became 6th last season so I am in in WEFA-Masters this season. That means first 5 weeks every week 2 games.. Now you can imagine how fucked up that is. So normally its like this, Berbatov and Niang upfront in week 1, in week 2 Berbatov takes a rest and is Niang playing with Voronin/Lazovic (swap them in the rest of the game so that one of them can play next match), Week 3 its Voronin/Lazovic with Berbatov etcetera. So this is not such a problem, i can live with it although i hate it that my best man Berbatov can just play one match, but never mind. But this season with every week 2 games.. Berbatov and Niang week 1 first match, Lazovic and Voronin second match, week 2 Niang and ???? there are already the first problems and I have to contineu like that for 4 weeks! So then its really not enjoying anymore.. If you are qualified for WEFA then its the best to have 6 strikers or find strikers who have superb stamina. Which is hard to find cause as PLF said even players with high stamina can be tired after 1 game..
So I will still play ML and enjoy it but its hard..

I hear you GFK.

-

So is anybody planning to start ML straight away or you going to be solider and do some editing?

I'll probably be doing the editing myself....because there probably be OF's people make that have odd arrows and formation for teams...so there be a lot of things that i'll be doing on my OF...i like attention to detail...kinda like Riot's OF.

I'm going to get an unlocked PESfan OF as a basis and continue editing from there. Kits and badges should be in and enough PES points to unlock what you want. I'll basically be spot checking names, changing them to my taste (eg i don't like "Ashley Cole" but "A. Cole." All Dutch "van" names with a lowercase "v," correct Turkish names on shirts, etc.... Formations, the odd missed transfer, create a player or two i want, and create 2 teams over WEU and PESU.

Once i'm happy with all that, i'll start an ML. :)

I might do something like that...if Complusion realeses the PES Editor i might make a OF file from scracth...since some of the badges/logos made are usualy kinda swag.

EDIT: Also there attention to detail is not as great as PLF, del piero and Riot...if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
Yeah i would too, but i'm not up to speed on what the exact specifications of the files (PNGs?) need to be in order for them to work.
I understand, at least, that in the 1st OF, they won't be tampering with any players, ie creating or modifying (duplicates). Everything will have been created in the in-game editor supposedly. So it should be pretty clean. If it's a mess i might just import some stuff from it into my own file. But it should be ok. Plus it's out on release day. Could be MLing in no time :) I have a PES5 ML video preview concept i'm going to post :lol: continuing on from my PES4 compilation.

Last edited:
GFK said:
Well, it depends.. For example, Im now in my second season with Bayern Leverkussen and I became 6th last season so I am in in WEFA-Masters this season. That means first 5 weeks every week 2 games.. Now you can imagine how fucked up that is. So normally its like this, Berbatov and Niang upfront in week 1, in week 2 Berbatov takes a rest and is Niang playing with Voronin/Lazovic (swap them in the rest of the game so that one of them can play next match), Week 3 its Voronin/Lazovic with Berbatov etcetera. So this is not such a problem, i can live with it although i hate it that my best man Berbatov can just play one match, but never mind. But this season with every week 2 games.. Berbatov and Niang week 1 first match, Lazovic and Voronin second match, week 2 Niang and ???? there are already the first problems and I have to contineu like that for 4 weeks! So then its really not enjoying anymore.. If you are qualified for WEFA then its the best to have 6 strikers or find strikers who have superb stamina. Which is hard to find cause as PLF said even players with high stamina can be tired after 1 game..
So I will still play ML and enjoy it but its hard..
Yeah that's it basically.

I was always a fan of realism and liked the fact that we HAD to rotate players and before season starts make sure we've got enough depth for each position or versatile players who can cover few different positions when crisis hits but in WE9 I have to say this was OVER-done.

The fatigue effect was absolutely devastating to a place where no player could play more than 3 matches in a row. And if 2 matches in same week then he had to sit out at least one of them or usually even 2.

For me the rate at which player's stamina bar recovers when being rested is just not enough.

When a player in real life even needs a rest after having maybe 10 consecutive matches he sits out one game and then can play next one. But in this game, once their stamina bar is not full (it takes forever to get back to full). Usually have to sit out 4-5 straight games for it to happen.

Overall it's kinda ridiculous and unfortunately what you said Stringer doesn't work either. That training thing from what I see is for form arrows not actually fatigue/stamina which is our problem here.

I just hope the effects of this have been reduced for PES5 final version or each of us are going to have 6 players in each position even if we only play 4-4-2 and need 2 strikers because the rate at which players get tired is too much and often sitting them out doesn't even do any good. BEcause the game calculates by every WEEK so if you have 2 matches in one week.

one EPL match let's say followed by FA cup match in same week. You can sit out your striker for EPL match but he wont have a higher stamina for FA cup.. because game is stupid.. it says its in same week so his bar will still be as full/empty as it was before EPL match if he does'nt play.

This leads to all kinds of problems of course. Def makes it harder for US to get Top-scorer or Top assist awards as well as our strikers barely get to play even half the games in a season to get an award like top scorer.

I haven't been anywhere near PES5 or WE9 so i haven't got the faintest clue...but in the training menu there is this option of "rest"...i've always asked myself what this option was doing there, amybe in the newe ML (WE9 or PES5) you have to rest your players now and then???
Why don't the people who have one of both games don't try this...this "rest"-option is in the game, so it has tio have an effect and maybe they increased it in PES and WE9????

Spanish News Update...

Copa Del Rey Semi-finals recap:

1st leg - Real Madrid 2 - 1 Levante
2nd leg - Levante 3 - 1 Real Madrid (AET)
* Levante advanced 4-3 on aggregate

1st leg - Real Betis 0 - 1 Real Zaragoza
2nd leg - Real Zaragoza 0 - 1 Real Betis (PK)
* Real Betis advanced via penalty shootout

2006 Copa Del Rey final

levantecup1.jpg

Following two truly epic, tense and nerve-wracking semi finals, the final itself proved to be a relatively straight-forward encounter. Levante are a side themed on physical power, epitomised by Congo's height in attack, Ettien's speed on the right and Camacho's muscle in midfield, and their rugged approach was to be the difference on the night as this puzzling Betis team once again failed to live up to their reputations.

Levante overpowered their delicate opponents, for whom the talented front three of Joaquin, Denilson and Oliveira were disappointing. The latter spurned two decent chances early on, misses that Betis were made to pay for in the second half.

In the 64th minute, the desperate Nano Rivas upended his tormentor Felix Ettien for the umpteenth time and handed Levante another set-piece opportunity. Former Sevilla midfielder Jordi López thumped a deep, swinging free-kick over to the far post, two Betis defenders misjudged the flight, and Levante's Cuéllar was allowed to loop a header back across goal to earn the lead. Cuéllar should then have made it two just minutes later, but fired tamely at Contreras' legs when put through by Congo.

Instead, Congo himself sealed the trophy for Levante in similar fashion to how he dispatched Madrid in the semi, when Courtois whipped an inviting ball across the Betis box and the Colombian striker enhanced his growing reptuation even further by muscling across his marker to head home. The remaining twenty minutes were played exclusively in Levante's half, yet Betis were still unable to find a way back into the final. Levante's fairy-tale post-promotion season continues while Betis must return their focus to avoiding relegation in the league.

Levante 2 - 0 Real Betis
Cuéllar 64'
Congo 69'

levantecup2.jpg
levantecup3.jpg

Last edited:
Good victory nerf, i'm a bit surprised that Real Madrid never made it into the final....they usualy bugger all the teams they face!

Also what patch are you using nerf?

Wish i can use a patch...i've got a slim PS2 because my old PS2 laser got fucked up.

PLF said:
Yeah that's it basically.

I was always a fan of realism and liked the fact that we HAD to rotate players and before season starts make sure we've got enough depth for each position or versatile players who can cover few different positions when crisis hits but in WE9 I have to say this was OVER-done.

The fatigue effect was absolutely devastating to a place where no player could play more than 3 matches in a row. And if 2 matches in same week then he had to sit out at least one of them or usually even 2.

For me the rate at which player's stamina bar recovers when being rested is just not enough.

When a player in real life even needs a rest after having maybe 10 consecutive matches he sits out one game and then can play next one. But in this game, once their stamina bar is not full (it takes forever to get back to full). Usually have to sit out 4-5 straight games for it to happen.

Overall it's kinda ridiculous and unfortunately what you said Stringer doesn't work either. That training thing from what I see is for form arrows not actually fatigue/stamina which is our problem here.

I just hope the effects of this have been reduced for PES5 final version or each of us are going to have 6 players in each position even if we only play 4-4-2 and need 2 strikers because the rate at which players get tired is too much and often sitting them out doesn't even do any good. BEcause the game calculates by every WEEK so if you have 2 matches in one week.

one EPL match let's say followed by FA cup match in same week. You can sit out your striker for EPL match but he wont have a higher stamina for FA cup.. because game is stupid.. it says its in same week so his bar will still be as full/empty as it was before EPL match if he does'nt play.

This leads to all kinds of problems of course. Def makes it harder for US to get Top-scorer or Top assist awards as well as our strikers barely get to play even half the games in a season to get an award like top scorer.

But don't you think this stamina thing will make ML a bit more challenging.....kind of.

Last edited:
My dear friends...it's time to say a polite goodbye to this most beloved thread...soon you'll be hearing from Gerd/Stan in the new PES5 ML thread...because....I JUST BOUGHT PES5 in Brussels (Free Record Shop at the place de la Monnaie)...
Unfortunately i'm at work and can't play this evening, i've got an evening reunion for my work...
You'll be hearing from me with Stan's first impressions...hehe...last year i was one of the last to get it and now...

Well since i'm at work, obviously i haven't played it yet...but while eating i've been browsing through the manual and i've discovered something new in the ML.
In PES5 it's possible to play off-season matches against , World All Stars, European All Stars, South American All Stars, an Under Age Team, a team with fast players and "Eldorado" (a team consisting of players with high wages)...

Back
Top Bottom