The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Well done gerd.

Stringer, the one shop that sets it off in central London every year (ie gets GAME on Oxford St selling them) is CEX (Computer Exchange) on Rathbone place. They're just around the corner from GAME and so as soon as they put them on the shelves, GAME does so a few hours later, when they catch on to it.
This year however, i'm just waiting for mine in the post.

Stringer Bell said:
Good victory nerf, i'm a bit surprised that Real Madrid never made it into the final....they usualy bugger all the teams they face!

Also what patch are you using nerf?
Yeah, Madrid usually do. They romped to the league title this season, I think they only lost once. That semi-final was very tense, we somehow managed to go 2-0 up in the 2nd leg (3-2 agg) but then they threw on Raul, Figo and Robinho! Not a bad subs bench to have. It was all Madrid and then Beckham whipped a cross onto Ronaldo's head to pull one back, so we had extra-time, which was heading for penalties until Congo scrambled in the winning goal in the dying minutes.

We also finished 5th in the league and have got Juventus, Liverpool and Lyon in a very tough European group.

I play on the Xbox and use the xgroup patch.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Well done gerd.

Stringer, the one shop that sets it off in central London every year (ie gets GAME on Oxford St selling them) is CEX (Computer Exchange) on Rathbone place. They're just around the corner from GAME and so as soon as they put them on the shelves, GAME does so a few hours later, when they catch on to it.
This year however, i'm just waiting for mine in the post.

Hmmm interesting:mrgreen: Computer Exchange is the one i also go to. But i buy mine at GAME because i'm a reward card user and i've per-ordered it. You getting the official guide book with it?...i should have a £5 voucher in my reward card, so i'll proably be paying just £6 for it.

nerf said:
Yeah, Madrid usually do. They romped to the league title this season, I think they only lost once. That semi-final was very tense, we somehow managed to go 2-0 up in the 2nd leg (3-2 agg) but then they threw on Raul, Figo and Robinho! Not a bad subs bench to have. It was all Madrid and then Beckham whipped a cross onto Ronaldo's head to pull one back, so we had extra-time, which was heading for penalties until Congo scrambled in the winning goal in the dying minutes.

We also finished 5th in the league and have got Juventus, Liverpool and Lyon in a very tough European group.

I play on the Xbox and use the xgroup patch.

Nice, who creates that patch...do they also create a OF for the PS2?

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
Nice, who creates that patch...do they also create a OF for the PS2?
A bunch of Italian guys called X-Group. I think they only do Xbox.

I use their patch with the PLF Data option file.

Yeah, Stringer if CEX are selling it GAME will be, and as you mentioned it's worth buying it there for the reward card.
Official guide book? Nah, what for? I've been playing these games long enough to know what's going on ;)

Stringer, in the manual i can't find anything about "My Stadium"...has this something to do with the ML????
I'm at home for two hours now, but my kids are watching television, on top of the television lies a Free Record Shop bag with the game in it...My kids go to sleep around 7 PM but by that hakf an hour later i have to move on to an evening reunion for my job...time for maybe one match, unless i wait till tomorrow or late this evening....

Stringer Bell said:
I'm buying it so i can have something to read at night and in the toilet :mrgreen:

Ha Ha

Surely that's what Grot mags are for mate?!?

My PLAY order is being packed apparently literally as i type this which is exciting me more than it probably should do at my age

db

I know that feeling db, a litle bit immaturity can feel good at times, i should know...

denirobob said:
Ha Ha

Surely that's what Grot mags are for mate?!?

My PLAY order is being packed apparently literally as i type this which is exciting me more than it probably should do at my age

db

lol don't worry mate :mrgreen:

And what the hell is a grot mag lol.

I'll probably use my free time reading the guide (when not playing PES5 lol)...maybe there might be a few things there that will surprise me.

Stringer Bell said:
lol don't worry mate :mrgreen:

And what the hell is a grot mag lol.

I'll probably use my free time reading the guide (when not playing PES5 lol)...maybe there might be a few things there that will surprise me.

grot mag = erotica :albino:

I've always read in there Proff, i think its the peace & tranquility that does it.

db

Well this is absolutely off-topic but i don't want loads of stupid questions about boots, balls, kits and hair styles...

Some first observations about PES 5 after playing 5 matches.

The intro is absolutelly horrendous but who cares...
It's the first time that the rosters are as good up-to-date as now. They are not perfect but they are much more up-to-date than in previous PES versions. Some examples. My first match was Lille against Marseille. Aboucherouane, Gygax and Lichtsteiner were in the Lille squad. Mendoza, Ribery were in the Marseille squad but Battles (Toulouse now???) and Luyindula (Auxerre) were still in the squad. Vander Vaart was in the HSV team.

The ball feels somehow heavier than in PES4 and any other proevious version. I've played on 60Hz and the game seems slow.
There are more free kicks than usual but this does not bother me...
The shooting is sweet and i like the Gk's throwing (GK's are better overall).
In my second match (Holland-Belgium) i scored a long distance shot with Daerden and in the third an even more beautifull one with D'Allessandro...absolutely love this.
The players are less responsive than in PES4 and PES3. Especially the dribbling and the turning are more difficult.
After a couple of matches i can say i really love the game...
I have the impression that it takes less time to adjust now than last year. The game is much better than PES4. Good job Konami.

Professor Nutmeg said:
To all the regulars here. In PES5, are you likely to start in Div2? I mean, if you pick a half decent team, it seems a bit strange. I've yet to decide.
In my first ML I'm going to start in Div 1 against other Italian teams. Still leaning towards Lazio or Parma, but I'll leave the decision until the last minute. It'll probably depend on who has the weakest stats out the two.

Then when everything is eventually all patched up with real kits and real names etc I'm going to head off to the Bundesliga for a German based ML. It might have to be the Bundesliga plus the Scandinavian teams to make up the numbers. For that I reckon I'll start in Div 2 with the default players.

Another thing i noticed in PES5.
There is an option in the team selection were you can choose quick tactics.
I have a feeling that this works a whole lot better in PES5.
Of course one of the first matches Belgian people play is against Holland, it's "our" derby...Anyway, Holland took the lead in stoppage time of the 1st halft. So i decided to choose "all attack" and my Belgium team totally outplayed Holland with infiltrations by side backs Van Den Borre and Deschacht.
If the ML regulars have questions about game play, please feel free...

Professor Nutmeg said:
To all the regulars here. In PES5, are you likely to start in Div2? I mean, if you pick a half decent team, it seems a bit strange. I've yet to decide.

METZ

Most definetly Div 2 (where they belong!)

I think i may well play with the international teams for a bit - and i already know that my first game will either be I Coast v Venezuela or I Coast v Cameroon!

-

Gerd, a quick ?

Are the pitch textures better than in PES4 and what are the new stadiums like ?

cheers chaps

db

I've played in 4 new stadiums: the one in Berlin (with snow on the pitch), La Coruna's stadium, Valencia's stadium and the one in South Africa.
I did not specially liked the one in Berlin (too big), the others are OK...my favourites stadium uptil now were Le Stade du Vélodrome, Anfield and Westfalen.

The textures are good but i'm not sure if they are better than in PES4. But then again i don't bother much about these things...

denirobob said:
METZ

Most definetly Div 2 (where they belong!)

db
Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! DB!

Hope there's no Metz fans or Robert Pires surfing aroudn this site at the moment! lol.

Anyways as usual some stadiums have good texture and some crap ones that have to be patched.

For me the good ones that I didn't have to change for previous versions were Stadio Veldromme (Marseille) and Ennio Tardini (Parma) and Yokoham.

These were green and bright enough for me and didn't have crappy figgy (if that's correct word) pitch lines. You know the NOT-straight ones.. i'm not sure what you'd call them, I think Stamford bridge had those though and I hate them even more so than the squared texture of Olimpico or Amsterdam Arena.

Anyways, now with 2 new stadiusm, Riazor and Mastella I kinda like both textures and colour but Riazor more as Mastella is a very weird texture or not one I've seen before. I don't know how to explain it though so you'll just have to see it when it arrives :).

Well PLF, i have just played a match on Mastella (that is the Valencia one isn't it???) and the texture is like Stamford Bridge in PES4.

In the weekend i'm thinking of begiining a ML. It will be a ML to learn the game. Afterwards i will start the real thing with updated rosters and all...
I'm thinking about creating Standard and Brussels over PES or WE United and starting a ML with Dutch, Belgian, Scandinavian, Scottish and Portugese teams (5 years ago there were talks about a similar league).

Professor Nutmeg said:

I'll proabably start in Div2 with a average/crap team...or maybe a made up team.

Maybe nice to know for the ones who have just PES5. In the WE-Shop there you can buy for 2000 points a new stadium. The stadium is really nice, a real small stadium. Ideal for the smaller teams.

stadium1.jpg

stadium2.jpg

stadium3.jpg

Im about to start a new ML, in this stadium, with the default team. And I will play probably in Italy, I only have to find a nice name yet for my club.

Hey guys i think that stadium could be that My Stadium thing....not sure.

Db what would be even better is if you can create your own satdium.

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
Call it the Arena De Small :mrgreen:
:lol: :mrgreen:

With PES5 upon us guys.. we need to make a new thread for it anyways.

Do all the regulars here agree that whoever makes the thread should put the rules on first post that we usually play with??

I don't mean the fact that we buy only players that would come in real life.. to that club or things like that as that's just a personal choice and some might want to play with AC Milan and compile World All stars as they usually do lol.. nothing wrong with that.

By rules I mean tell them on first post that:

Do not in great detail talk about Potential curve of a player and how high or low it goes. As it kills the risk factor for rest of us reading to buy that player if we already know he's gonna have crap potential or won't buy him cuz we know he'll be next Pele!! it's like a cheat.. And we don't want that... i want there to be a risk like always so you find out only after you buy him.I mean things like this..

if everyone agrees.. i think putting it on first post of the new thread will hopefully catch eyes of many new people who'll join us so they don't ruin a few players for us like they usually do by saying:

"Yo I found this player.. Mr. X, his potential is through the ROOOF.. higher than Rooney! lol"

Back
Top Bottom