the pes6, vista, nvidia and vsync shambles

rrrudi

Non-League
7 May 2006
I'm having vsync issues playing on Vista with my trusty 7600GT. Despite vsync being forced on in the forceware control panel, nvidia claiming to have 'fixed' forcing vsync in their latest drivers I still get smegging tearing. I don't get this with XP.

Anyone else having issues?

Good, I thought it was just me.

Bit annoying as it's the only thing preventing me from using Vista full-time. I guess we have to wait for a fix.

If you go to Nvidia's website they already posted something about it(under news or somewhere). So they are aware of it. I also hope there will be a fix soon...

i'm using the latest nvidia drivers not the latest beta but the latest stable ones and i don't have this issue with the v sync. but i am using winning eleven pro evolution soccer 2007

The problem is that the nvidia driver v-sync setting only affects openGL applications. Not Direct3D that pes6 is running on. I installed RivaTuner and forced v-sync through that - but still nothing happens. Have been playing on xp and vsync with no problems at all so this is very annoying :(

Ive got the same problem...I have a GF8800..I use nhancer, it doesnt work as well.. If anyone find a solution please post it here;)

you are lucky , I had a GF6600GT but it died and they sent a replacement card a ATI x 1650Pro 512mb and now the game crashes. I am lucky if I can get 3/4 game before it does and other times 3/4mins.

I've tried every thing known to man, reinstalled the game drivers up and down, refresh rate the lot, nothing seems to work.

And this is on XP not Vista, I am thinking about reinstalling XP but I have tonnes of stuff on my PC and it would take a while as of now I am just playing a waiting for the next crash.

ps.. These crashes only happen with PES my other games are fine.

Last edited:
Well I ditched my 7600GT in favour of a x1950XT. Same problem.

I read on the Guru3d forums that this a Vista issue and vsync can no longer be forced on by anything but the application that is using it.

Not sure how true this is.

Well I guess we can't hope for a patch from konami.. so what is needed I guess is some third party app that can force it in vista. Or do u think microsoft have completely removed the possibility ? Seems wierd in that case.. I've tried with rivatuner and 3danalyze but no difference..

Hi Everyone

Just got myself a new Dell Inspiron 1520 (T7300 processor, 2GB ram and Geforce 8600 GT) running on Vista and I'm experiencing the same problem. Any news on whether Microsoft or Nvidia are any closer to a fix? Or are they working on it at all?

Really mars the enjoyment of the game.

By the way, I'm also having problems with Kitserver. Vista says Kitserver is not installed correct when I try to activate it. I'm pretty sure I put Kitserver in the correct folder so I'm clueless as to what's gone wrong.

Finally, does PES 6 cater to widescreen mode? At the moment, I'm preserving the 4:3 aspect ratio but I end up having black bars on either side of my 15.4 inch WXGA screen. Is PES 6 able to fill up the whole screen without upsetting the aspect ratio?

Cheers

Alvin

I managed to click the option "Enable aspect ratio correction" in the LOD Mixer module but when I try to click "Install" in KitServer 6 Setup [v6.5.3 (06/2007)], Vista gives the following message:

"ERROR! Setup failed to install KitServer 6 for ..\PES6.exe. (No modifications made.) Verify that the executable is not READ-ONLY, and try again."

What could be wrong?

Downloaded the driver for Vista 32 bit - version 158.24 but could not install it. Error message says my operating system is not Vista 32 bit. But how could that be when my systems specs say so?

Thanks, rrrudi.

For some reason, my PES6.exe was read only so could not launch Kitserver. Unclicked the "Read only" option and now Kitserver v6.5.3 runs fine and I get true widescreen mode.

Cheers

Alvin

Kitserver will give you widescreen.

I know why it doesn't install - the driver is for GeForce 8000 Series (desktops), not GeForce 8000M Series (notebooks). My apologies for being a real noob at this.

Has anyone tried the 158.24 driver for their desktops? Just curious to find out if Nvidia has fixed the tearing issue in Vista.

Now when will they release a new driver for notebooks?

Downloaded the driver for Vista 32 bit - version 158.24 but could not install it. Error message says my operating system is not Vista 32 bit. But how could that be when my systems specs say so?

Back
Top Bottom