The Random Football Thread - Topic changed many times already!

haddedz

Non-League
10 August 2004
WTF!! PEKERMAN gave england the match, i mean why not just go and kick the ball in ur own net while ur at it!.......England were outplayed for 80 minutes untill the #!@!$%!#$ coach changed all his key players....
i mean who takes out his best defender then his best midlfeilder
(Riquelme) who was held the match in between his legs the whole game!!!! then his best attacker!!!!!!!!!
its a freindly yes...but i didnt see any england key player get substituted out!!! becuz eriksson knew how important that match was!!

I think he should be fired....Argentina always have a Coach issue....i mean who doest remember BIESLA!! (in my opinion the reason we were out of the first round in 2002!)

i mean you should want to win the match!!! not give it away by making stupid mistakes...this is too big a game for an international coach to make such errors.....they should fire him before the world cup, put maradona AS COACH!!!! or he will do the same mistakes again in germany!

thnx

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Argentina-England! PEKERMAN!!! :|

outplayed!!!!

i dont think so it was a very even game and both sides had good spells, no team deserved to lose.

England had more shots on goal and on target, both goalkeepers were excellent.

Argentina are a better side than in 2002 and will be a danger in Germany no matter who the coach is.

Chill out it was just a friendly, im off for a pint :)

and yes, I still think Argentina are a far superior side to us. But we weren't out played. To outplay someone, you need to put the match beyond the other side. Argentina didn't, but should of.

What a crock, it was an even game. Argentina had more possession, but that means fuck all if you don't use it. Both teams had chances, we took 'em, you didn't. Stop crying.

I completely agree, for me to have the best world cup possible, I too would like Maradonna to become coach of Argentina. Given his amazing experience in discipline, intelligence and mental strength, he's just the man I want leading argentina. And that's because I support England.

Peter Eyres said:
and yes, I still think Argentina are a far superior side to us. But we weren't out played. To outplay someone, you need to put the match beyond the other side. Argentina didn't, but should of.
Atleast you're still talking sense, I'm gonna hate reading the papers tomorrow...;)

Argentina are not far better than England at all. Slightly better, and that's about it. Just a shame we have that clown Eriksson in charge.

apart from maybe the first 20 minutes we created by far the better chances and also could have put game beyond doubt.

Argentina are no way a superior side to us, without riquelme i think they would struggle whereas england have 3 or 4 players who could change the match.

Argentina are far, far better than England, did you see the subs they where bringing on? All really good players, England have one player who can change a match and it's Rooney.

JayM said:
Argentina are far, far better than England, did you see the subs they where bringing on? All really good players, England have one player who can change a match and it's Rooney.

That's some nonsense right there. Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen can all change matches as well. As for subs, well we had SWP, Campbell, Ash Cole, Gary Neville, Woodgate and some others not even on the pitch.

Far far better I don't think so. Their defence, despit thebig names didn't look all that sharp, and while Riquelme obviously played really well, i wasn't all that impressed with that many others. Sorin is a playacting baby who needs to cut his hair. England are classically underachievers, but today they palyed like they should, and I don't really think there was much between the teams.

beachryan said:
Far far better I don't think so. Their defence, despit thebig names didn't look all that sharp, and while Riquelme obviously played really well, i wasn't all that impressed with that many others. Sorin is a playacting baby who needs to cut his hair. England are classically underachievers, but today they palyed like they should, and I don't really think there was much between the teams.

Just some anti English rambling from some Scottish and Irish people. Still bitter they'll be watching us play at the world cup again while they sit at home.

beachryan said:

hahah!
i agree with you - sorin needs his mop chopped asap! i think all the argies play act too.

I wouldnt get my confidence too high if I were an England fan, especially after losing 4-1 to Denmark just a few months ago.

Personally i just think it was a great game of football, but tactically Argentina played into Englands hands a little by playing such an open game, I still think England will struggle to beat teams who play tight and more defensive, they have the players but the midfield still does not quite gel for me and still lacks idea's when games are tight, where as Argentina the first 20 minutes they looked a class side and looked like they could undo any team at will.

few months to go, maybe things can change!

Milanista said:
I wouldnt get my confidence too high if I were an England fan, especially after losing 4-1 to Denmark just a few months ago.

Did you see that game? England should've had a penalty and had a perfectly good goal ruled out for no good reason in the first half. The score flattered Denmark.

Mikey said:
Just some anti English rambling from some Scottish and Irish people. Still bitter they'll be watching us play at the world cup again while they sit at home.

:lol:

Funny that, as it's quite clear England aren't the caliber of Argentina. It's not "bitterness", we weren't good enough to get to the finals....so be it, I'm not gonna act like a 12 year old brat, "if I cant have it then they cant either". :roll:

I'm not saying England are crap, because we all know the talent they have and the potential within, but they're not as good as Argentina and thinking so is only gonna result in the disappoinment that a lot of the English public have come to live with over the last 39 years.

The worst that can happen from this match is that you (as a nation) begin to believe in the crap the media will start coming out with, which Motty has started already with his "splendid victory, now they can go to the world cup and believe they can win it" crap. It happens before every major tournament and it's bordering on funny now.

With 5 mins to go it was a case of "well we didn't play awfully, but Argentina are a major test", then suddenly you get the winner on a counter and it's an "amazing" performance. Riquelme alone was making your midfield and defence look quite shambolic at times. There's a long road ahead if England want to win the world cup, and for once the majority of the players will have to show the passion for the jersey thats been lacking for as long as I can remember.

I hope they play to their potential in the world cup, because it'll make the competition better, but I can see the usual problems appearing and the people being disappointed again. I guess the best thing to say is dont get your hopes up too much after one fortunate win against Argentina. :)

Oh and try and keep the accusations to a minimum, especially when you dont even know the person's views. You'll just end up looking like a moron.

Dar said:
:lol:

With 5 mins to go it was a case of "well we didn't play awfully, but Argentina are a major test", then suddenly you get the winner on a counter and it's an "amazing" performance.

Very true.

I'm not going to waste time arguing anyway because England will show you them selves in the WC.

They wont go any further than the last 8.

Last edited:

Well this argument always goes on ... overrate, underrate... but they havent won a single trophy since when??? is it 66 or am I mistaken?? The same story will continue until they actually win something.

What are the media meant to do though? I know the "OMG WE'RE GONNA WIN THE WORLD CUP LOL!" every tournament is annoying, but are they meant to just write off our chances when we do have a genuinelly good chance of winning it every time?
It's only the media, not the proper fans who actually know things, that over hype everything. Just ignore it.

Last edited:

Also, Argentina aren't really better than us. We just beat them. Yes, they outplayed us for periods, and did some fancy step overs to create chances, but we've beat them the last 2 times we've played them. When was the last time they won anything either?
Brazil are going to absolutely piss in everyone's face next summer anyway.

Also, that was the first England game I've been excited about for years.
I used to hate Michael Owen, seriously, I despised the little boring scouse cunt. Yet tonight, I cheered as he headed those 2 goals in. I smiled as his cheeky little arms went into the air. I never used to do that. I actually went mental with anger when he scored that goal against Argentina in WC98.
Football is great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom