Rangers Thread

foxtrot

Shoe bomber
24 December 2002
Glasgow, Scotland
Rangers FC
Out of the blue today, Mikel Arteta has said he wants to quit Rangers and return to Spain after just one season despite announcing that he doesn't want to leave just yet! :shock:

Pre-Season fixtures look like this...

July 14 - 23 : Tour of Germany incl. vs VFB Stuttgart
July 26 : vs Everton (Home)
July 30 : vs Linfield (Away)
August 5 : vs Arsenal (Home)

Ronald de Boer pledges future to Rangers as he knocks back offers from the Middle East.

Porto striker Capucho could be on his way to Ibrox this summer.

Last edited:
Oh aye and

Championeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees :mrgreen:

Arteta must have got a good offer as he was saying the other week he was wanting to stay, now he says he is offski, oh well least we will have a bit of money to replace him, think we can do that and gives McLeish a chance to show what he can do in the transfer market.

I really hope we get Jardel :mrgreen:

Fred_Gavioes said:
r u guys going to open every thread to talk about r own teams? just asking... :roll:

Nobody else minds, so why bother. IMO it's a good idea, and keeps (most of) the disputes out of every thread. Nice bit of initiative lads

Fred_Gavioes said:
ok... the reason.. is why if u dont like this team, why r u posting here and etc, so this way, we're not going to have discussion, offenses and etc.. ok then.

It's a Rangers thread. If you don't want to be constructive, or even coherent, about Rangers, then why waste thread space?

Well Mark your wasting our thread space, so get out of our Rangers thread :mrgreen:

Rangers want Capucho of F.C. Porto,great right winger but it 31 years,you want Jardel... :x the last two seasons he played for Sporting in the 1º e scores 42 gols...this year e only get 11 gols but a lot more alcool...is an idiot it stupid agent... :x

I see Jardel is having Mental Health problems!! He should fit in well at Rangers then. :D ;)

Aye he will be in with Alex McLeish's Barmy Army :mrgreen:

It's about time he came. 3rd time lucky eh?

He'd be a great signing. Our answer to Larsson

Yeah he will be amazing in the SPL, will score more than Larsson for sure :-)

The money we get for Arteta will be more than MON gets from the biscuit tin at Parkhead hehe the treble and more money to spend than them makes the season ahead look even better :mrgreen:

Arteta's now said he's "shocked" at all the news going on about him leaving, and he wants to stay, yet McCelland(sp?) says he's available. What's the situation?

I cant believe Mcleish has turned his back on Caniggia (Caniggia claims that Mcleish has destroyed his champions league dreams!) dont think Arteta will leave for any less than 6 million because hes only been there a short time!

If Arteta does leave I can't see anyone paying £6m for him, I'm not trying to wind folk up here it's just what I honestly think. Even in the transfers thread, Greig said he hadn't done it in big games, and he's not done nothing in Europe either so why would anyone splash out that amount of money on him? Reports are suggesting £4.5m from Atletico Madrid...

Was it not reported that he would end up back at FC Barcelona. :roll:

No they've got first option if they want him, but they've not been linked with him at all. They're still in the middle of all that presidency mess anyway.

I would take 4.5 million for him no problems, think we only paid 5 for him so its not a big loss and not having to pay his wages will lessen the strain as well, if we got that money for him we could bring in maybe 2 players for the money he was getting and not loss that much quality.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but Rangers won't spend 4.5 million if that's all they get. McLeish will be lucky to see half that.

FD

Rangers paid £5.8m for him.

It's not just him to replace though, looks like Amoruso and Mols may be leaving as well to add to Numan and Caniggia, as well as Arteta. I dunno who you plan on bringing in to replace them, perhaps that Zurab guy from Dundee maybe. Steven Hughes isn't bad, but he's not as good as Arteta, and I'm not exactly sh!iten masel at the prospect of Steven Thompson replacing Mols either. What other left-backs do you have?

Im sure Bob Malcolm could replace Arteta in the middle of the park. :D

Michael Ball is hopefully going to fill in the gap Numan has left, Rangers can spend they just need to reduce the wage bill, the money saved on wages will give McLeish enough to bring in a few players.

We dont need to spend millions, as we can see from your Celtic thread, lots of quality players are cheap enough, its the wages that is the problem for us not the fee to buy them. McLeish showed at Hibs and Motherwell he can bring in players on a tight budget, I am sure he will spend his cash wisely and improve the team.

How Highly do you guys rate Bazza ferguson?............I think he's great!, Pool were sniffin' around him a while back, and I hope we renew our interest. :D ;)

Yes we will still have to pay wages but not on the scale we have been, so they will know the deal so they will come or not :-)

ZZZZ - Bazza is amazing, really improved himself this year and is getting better all the time. Although with Gerrard I dont think Liverpool would need him :mrgreen: So keep your hands off hehe :mrgreen:

Barry loves Rangers too much to leave. He's the kind of player that plays for the jersey and not the pay cheque. The guy is superb and I hope he never leaves.

Back
Top Bottom