The referee thread: discuss referees and their decisions

Can understand holding/pulling but tapping someone twice?

What new rule have I missed?

1 plus tho is that for the rest of the game I didn't see any grappling

Last edited:
Anyone understand why the ref in the Spurs v Pool match decided to have a chat to Vertonghen after he blatantly hauled down the Liverpool attacker on a corner?

What does he say there? Pardon chap, but you really must be more careful, rugby tackling your opponent to the ground is a penalty, in football. Except right now of course, because I've decided to talk to you about it!?

Because Jan is the man, beach...
That should have been a penalty indeed.

Ref made several very poor decisions. We were rather lucky to save a point.

What I understood the drag down happened before the ball was in play(kicked). So, cannot give a penalty for a push or dragging before the ball was in motion. The ref did what other refs do ,chat shit to the guilty party.

I`m here all week: I know a few things, about a few things.

Aquero was wiping sweat off his nose! clean player through n through

One angle says Red
The other angle says Yellow

I'm sure he'll get banned after all the coverage even tho Fellaini has gotten away with 10 times worse about 10 times in the last 10 months. And even tho the ref clearly sees the challenge.

We'll have to deal with it. Nolito or Silva as a false 9 with Gundogan/Sane coming in would probably be my choice.

Halsey was on Talksport last night. He said that the ref union gets referees to lie and say they didn't see an incident even when they did
If Marriner said he didn't see it wtf was he looking at?

To be honest I can totally understand why that happened, because of the rule which I believe has changed.

Which said if a ref sees the incident it cannot be reviewed, period, even if the ref himself acknowledges that he was wrong. Which is just insane.

So, for example and no idea if this was the case, but historically if the ref saw Aguero run into the defender - but not the elbow - then it couldn't be reviewed.

Laws of the game are madness.

Bit of follow on, it's an anti-Manchester bias ;)
“I was in the same boat as Lee Mason that time when Wayne Rooney swore into a TV camera in a game at West Ham. No referee would have sent off for that, but Lee came under pressure to report that he hadn’t seen it but would have given a red card if he had seen it."

Does anyone understand refereeing any more? In the Chelsea match, Costa scored an overhead kick - and literally cut the head of the defender. Why is that not a high boot? Anyone?

Cahil doesnt look a foul more like he lost control due to balance (lack of concentration). No one was complaining afterwards and JT`s reaction says it all.

It was perhaps a soft second yellow, but...
He was asking for it the whole time he was on the pitch, bebo...Arsenal were very lucky to come away with a draw...

ref was tire of Giroud's moaning from the second he was on . He needs to focus on the match not players temperaments. Both of them (players)had a good game too. Both delt a harsh end .

Player being sent off on the advice from Video Asistant Referee (VAR) who looked at replays and notified the referee

Zlatan should expect a 3 game ban for his elbow, maybe more if they deem his stamp intentional, but Mings should get a long ban - at least 10 games. He certainly wouldn't play again this season if I was in charge. Stamping on someone's head/neck is dangerous shit.

There's no reason why these incidents need to even be left to the ref. A bloke with an ipad in the stand can call down and send players off without issue

Didier-Drogba-001.jpg

I officially give up on the Champions League :LOL:

I've never seen someone slip up and fall and have someone trip over their head only to have a penalty awarded against them. And then that 2nd penalty I am lost for words really

Between yesterday and today, I sort of miss the days when those fuckwits refs beside the goals were useless, instead of actually making outrageous calls.

Back
Top Bottom