The referee thread: discuss referees and their decisions

Wondering what's the point of it if it's down to the ref to ask. Sterling got fouled by Umtiti for a pen (again) and (again) got nowt.

Not sure Varane should have been sent off. He brought him down without making an attempt for the ball but he didn't exactly chop him down.

I am a bit confused here. Just watching Levante vs. Real Madrid game and I just can't wrap my head around how VAR has awarded that 2nd penalty for Madrid. I can understand the 1st one, I can understand why it wasn't given for Levante, but that 2nd penalty is a mystery

Well VAR also helped them against AJAX
YXNoPTk4NjlmYTc2MjdjYmI0YmJmYjQ4NTMxNGYyYmU3Nzkx.thumb.jpg

I think VAR will be killed soon, it is not used to a good goal it is used to help rich clubs. Its a shame greed destroys everything that could possibly be used as a good thing.

It is not that it's used to help rich clubs. The problem I see with it is that it is not regulated specifically but left to referees to decide if they want something to be reviewed or not.

Penalty was awarded/not awarded and it looked like a close call? When play stops review it and then get a right decision.
There was a goal, but conceding team thinks it was offside? Lets watch the replay. You already do that if goal is scored and assistant flags it for offside, so why not give the defending team a benefit of a doubt?

How it is now is ridiculous. Sometimes when penalty is not given the moment play stops it gets reviewed even if the ball is already on the other side of the pitch. In other cases the penalty is not given, ball goes out for goal kick or corner and referee just waives to play on.

Back
Top Bottom