The Retro-PES Corner

Played J-League Winning Eleven 10 Club Championship on and off this days. Needed some J-League atmosphere.
I love this game, But it kills me there's no PC version so i can play with a stable frame rate and higher resolution. :(

But yeah it's part of that mysterious Pandora's box of improved PS2 PES revisions that most of the series fan's never realised existed. A lot of people have the common belief that PES 6 was the peak of the engine, It certainly was the height of the series' mainstream popularity but if only they knew the kept building on that engine, adding more animations and mechanics...

If only they realised what PES 2008-2014 on the PS2 was like before they left that console as a memory, If only they studied the concept of import games like The J-League WE's or even had the curiosity to try PES 2012-2013 on the Wii, which are almost last gen remasters of the PS2 versions with 360 dribbling and incredible ball physics!

P.S. The nets are awesome on J-League WE too!

New episode is up and it's crunch time in the Group Stages!

The group stages come to a close in dramatic fashion, Hosts Germany, Champions Brazil, England & Italy could still see themselves eliminated - No team is safe in the final group stage fixture!

@MafiaMurderBag completely agree! Years ago I was ignorant myself about those Ps2 later titles. I remember just dismissing them as "inferior" from the get go and never giving them much of a tought. This until for a chance I played Pes 2011 on Ps2, and find out it was really much better, refined and funnier than Pes 6. And the J-Leagues are another whole universe to discover since they usually have another slightly different vision thatn the pal version, so.. there really is much, much stuff to re-discover.

By the way the Ps2 emu isn't running super smoothly for me too but it's still playable. My first tought when I'll buy a new pc will be for the emulator :D

I thought it was heading for a third 0-0 there. Lorenzi injured for 1 week, but everyone else available and back from injury.

Week 3 Stats Pack

Friday night's game saw Dinamo Zagreb grab the away win in what was a close match in Turin. They won it with a goal of the season contender from Baturina. After his initial effort was blocked and with the ball rebounding behind him he reacted quickly and hit a superb effort on the turn, curling just enough to go in off the inside of the post right in the top corner. A goal worthy of winning any match. The game was a feisty affair with a lot of strong challenges going on in midfield. The worst of which has left Petrungaro out for 6 weeks. There were rumours after the game that Kazuki Ito was particularly disappointed he didn't get chance to referee this one.

Marseille almost completed a third clean sheet but were finally breached by a late Porto goal, scored by Moreira, who found himself with a tap in after a kind rebound from the initial chance. The Marseille manager has declared there will be wholesale changes as he looks to get his attack going. If it can perform anywhere near as good as the defence then they could climb the table quickly.

Bayern continue to misfire in front of goal, although Davies nearly joined Baturina in the goal of the season contenders with a lovely overhead kick that Girardot had to stretch to turn over the bar. Other than that though he and Zirkzee continue to be wasteful in front of goal. It was enough to cost them the points as Lyon, inspired by a great performance from Da Silva in midfield, scored two without reply.

Atalanta kept their 100% record with a 2-0 win away to Tottenham. However it was not as easy as the scoreline might suggest. De Bie in the Spurs goal made seven saves in the game but unfortunately for him and his team he spilt an easy one and Nivokazi was quick to pounce to put Atalanta ahead. A late header from Da Riva clinched the victory. There were some fierce tackles early on. First Babbi had to be taken off injured before Skipp went through the back of Traore leading to him being stretchered off as well. Then, a few minutes later, in what looked very much like retribution, Skipp himself was clattered and had to be taken off. Skipp came off worst and will be out for 8 weeks.

Season Report so far.

Atalanta and Lyon lead the way early on, both with a 100% record after three games. It's been far from plain sailing though and both have had games that could have gone either way. Both have some players who are performing at the top of their game at the moment; Da Silva and Matam for Lyon, Cortinovis, Gyabuaa, Babbi and Nivokazi for Atalant. But above all of them is Kulusevski who is on fire at the moment. Despite having to move out to LW during the last game after Traore went off injured, he still turned in a man of the match performance.

Porto sit in third on the back of two victories in a row and will be pleased with their start. Dinamo Zagreb sit fourth and have the top scorer at the moment with Baturina who followed up his brace from last week with a beauty this week. If they can get Marin to produce what he's capable of they can push on up the table.

In fifth sit Torino, who with Ibrahimi, have one of the standout players so far. They were unfortunate not to get anything this week and will still be looking up the table rather than down. Marseille are next with the stubborn defence that went almost three matches without conceding. Unfortunately for them their attack is just as keen to keep clean sheets for the opposition so far.

Holding up the table are two teams who it's fair to say have been rather unlucky so far. Both are misfiring in front of goal despite having some real talent up front. Both Bayern and Tottenham will be looking to get their season up and running as soon as possible and it might not be a great time to play them in the next couple of weeks.

results.JPG

table.JPG

Player Stats for the week.

SP.JPG

attk.JPG

kpr.JPG

rest.JPG

Thanks for the thorough stats again @mattmid, happy to see Gvardiol (as a LB rather than LCB) and Sutalo (first start) doing well in their new roles. Marin is quietly being a very consistent player, rather than the superstar I expected him to be going forward, and Baturina has been great in the lone striker role.

@sniglet Yeah, Marin seems to be fairly quiet but his stats are showing he's well involved, just not at the business end yet I suppose. Gvardiol certainly seemed to enjoy getting forward more.

I love how some games are a fight in midfield, as if there's some real needle in there between the teams and other games have none of that. For instance Porto didn't commit a single foul this week. Well, actually they did do one as a player was injured from it but the ref played advantage so it didn't go on the foul count.

If you haven't yet, watch the first 10/20 mins of Tottenham v Atalanta up until Skipp is injured. I'm convinced that was payback for his tackle on Traore. :LOL:

Season to Date - Stats by general position ( G,D,M,A) Ranked by Season Pts per min for those who've played 90 mins plus.

Keepers

keep std.JPG

Defenders

defenders std.JPG

Midfield (Attacking)

midfield att std.JPG

Midfield (Defending)

midfield def std.JPG

Attackers

attack std.JPG

Week 3 Team of the Week

(now includes number of times the player has made TOTW if more than one)

teamoftheweek.jpg

Team of the Week

Appearances by Team

8 Atalanta, Lyon
5 Dinamo Zagreb
4 FC Porto, Torino
3 Marseille
1 Bayern Munich
0 Tottenham

Appearances by Player

2 Kulusevski (Ata), Da Silva (Lyo), Sportelli (Tor)

Player Of The Season Race (from all three parts of Season Points)

plofssn to date.JPG

Still playing WE10 JL CC.

I like that matches seems very different from each other. For example, I've just had a very nice game in which the opponent team played with a 4-4-2 with two DMF, it was super tough to break, in fact I've only draw 1-1. They also fouled me like more than 10 times O_o, it felt like Pes 4-5 and it was pretty unusual.

Now it's time of national cup, or better, the Yamazi Nabisco Cup as it was called years ago.

Bonus intro video:

Always loved with a passion to see this kind of stuff in the saga.
Sorry for the lag, see it as vintage filtro :D

Back
Top Bottom