The Retro-PES Corner

I tried it one or two years ago. The game has no midfield play and no physicality unfortunately. It's a "counter through the middle" fest. Not for me.
All this set of series 2011-2013 , had some good aspects, people liked them, but there was always something that didn’t let me love them for a 10/10. I don’t know if it was the physics, or the fast paced counterattack mentality, or the weird player models, which I find them too small compared to pre 2011 and post 2015 era.

@Meazza84 Hi, just saw your question in the youtube chat as I wasn't about when it premiered. Yes it's a Manager PES6 League. You as the manager select your team/subs/tactics/formation/game strategies etc and the league matches are played out under CPU control. All the usual stuff applies, suspensions, injuries and so on. This is a test league we are doing before starting a full league where the players will evolve (ala ML), there'll be transfers, promotion, relegation, player growth and decline. See more here if you (or anyone else for that matter) is interested https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-mima-pes6-manager-league.80544/

In some aspects 2012 is the worst PES ever imho, the ballerina turn on a dime fifa inertia free movement, the AI that in 1v1 always seems to know and outplay you based on your inputs, the changed def-system which is an unintuitive mess etcetc

In some aspects 2012 is the worst PES ever imho, the ballerina turn on a dime fifa inertia free movement, the AI that in 1v1 always seems to know and outplay you based on your inputs, the changed def-system which is an unintuitive mess etcetc
shite game yes

shite game yes
That's quite interesting as much earlier in the thread i recall there being a consensus that not only are both '12 & '13 the polished peak of last gen PES and the return to form but rather, 2012 was actually considered better and more realistic than 2013.

That's quite interesting as much earlier in the thread i recall there being a consensus that not only are both '12 & '13 the polished peak of last gen PES and the return to form but rather, 2012 was actually considered better and more realistic than 2013.
For my taste both games have negatives that don't let them get something better than 6 or 7 /10. Except for this, 2012 has a little bit slower pace that adds a sence of physicallity.
In a pes 5/6 analogy, 12 is more sim, 13 is more responsive but arcadey.
Furthomore this set of games 11-12-13 has two group of people. Those who cannot like th no matter what and those who can past over the cons and like the good aspects of the games.
I belong to the first group, i have tried thousands of times to play the games, bit they cannot keep me for some reason.
Game play wise always. Content wise they are the peak of pes development team.

shite game yes

Was that on the PS3?

They were dark days for PES. All night games in the master league were the game looked it's worst and game play that was a bit off

I literally nearly lost my mind editing every single player in the game and then they would put an update that ruined my changes

I would love konami to release a game play editor so people could create the game they want to play, with sliders fro things like response, aggression, balance, passing and shooting speed

@slamsoze Yeah i agree with your PES 5/6 analogy. I've always maintained a theory that Konami experimented with a sim game and arcadier game bi-annually all the way up to PES 2015.

I was a massive fan of the 11-13 games, It did at the time feel like the series had finally modernized with that generation of consoles in terms of controls but it did present it's own set of issues moving away from algorithm passing and shooting and the lighter feel of players though.

They were dark days for PES. All night games in the master league were the game looked it's worst and game play that was a bit off

I literally nearly lost my mind editing every single player in the game and then they would put an update that ruined my changes
Yeah this was when the baffling oversights in quality of life features started to occur. We also got the magic boots forced onto us against our will and yeah this when we learned the hard way not to invest in the edit mode because of the data packs and updates. Still continues to this day.

@MadbaLL Hey, Probably haven't played PES 2008 for a while, wondered as seeing as you're a bit of an expert with internal resolutions - Have you tried playing this one in 2160x3840?

I have and it looks amazing, But the issue is and only seems to affect 2008, Is that the with the higher internal resolution, The gameplay camera zooms in or is stretched so you can't actually see the goal, corner flags or touchlines at the bottom of the screen, even on the widest camera.

I've never actually had this issue with any of the other retro PC versions in 4K but can't figure out how to stop the in-game screen from zooming in?

sorry but i can't help you with that :), i haven't tried experimenting with internal resolition on pes 2008. i play it in full hd (1920x1080) res.

@MadbaLL No problem. I've experimented with the internal res and it looks gorgeous, I've messed about with the camera tweaker in kitserver and found a happy compromise but the camera is still zoomed in though.

Getting PES 3 to display in a higher resolution as been another struggle entirely...

Going back to the topic of tournaments with real people. I think I found the right solution for the problem of playing with one's own teams. As you might remember we always play a knockout system from beginning to end, there are no groups. If two of my teams should meet I must not only choose which team to play with, I must renounce the second team as well. If a renounced team wins the tournament, nobody is the champion. This motivates the second player to actually play seriously with that team because he can do you some real damage in the tournament; because if he wins, you lose both teams. We only pair our own teams if one of us has more teams in a particular stage of the tournament. If we have the same number of teams our own teams can't play against each other.

The downside of such a system, of course, is that there can be a tournament without any winners. Which I don't really mind, since the benefit is that every single game is important for both of us and the feat of winning a tournament becomes more challenging and gratifying. But so far that hasn't happened yet.

Was that on the PS3?

I would love konami to release a game play editor so people could create the game they want to play, with sliders fro things like response, aggression, balance, passing and shooting speed

And the shooting in PES 12 never went where you directed it to, was so random.
Playing PES 13 at the minute, still have not jumped on the PES 2020 train, mixed opinions in its thread have made me wary. Anyone got it here?

WORLD YOUTH LEAGUE

A glance at the stats at the halfway point of the season.

An interesting observation. The team who have played most at home (5) are top and the team who've played most away (5) are bottom. However, before we read too much into that Atalanta have also won both of their away games!

Also worth a mention is C.Cooper of Tottenham, who despite playing in a team who have picked up just one win so far, is sitting in 4th place in the Player of the Year rankings.

Baturina leads the Golden Boot race but has a pack of players closing in on him now. Will he buckle under the pressure?

No fewer than 6 players have appeared in 3 Team Of The Week's to date, no surprisingly half of them play for Atalanta.

Halfway Stats Glance.JPG

As we enter the second half of the season their are many questions to be answered. Can Atalanta keep up their relentess pace? Can Marseille find the sunny climes of the South of France as the answer to their woes? Will the real Bayern now show up after a brief cameo last week? Will Porto continue to defy their goal difference in third place? Will Coppola of Torino get any taller? Who will be Player of the Year? Can the Kante like Gyabuaa hold of the competition from his two fellow Atalanta midfielders, or will Cooper of Tottenham continue to shine and sneak ahead, or will someone come out of the following pack to take the title? All will be answered over the next seven weeks.

Anyone got it here?

i would have bought the legends edition for online myclub (regular is too boring for me), but they again failed to put 2v2 matchmaking filters as it appears to be the case from first readings so its a no again, as for gameplay i dont care they play all around the same since 2015 anyway

how hard can it be to put one setting in the menu and check if there is enemy 2 players or 1 + com, this company is so far removed from anything its beyond imagination, so yeah fu em :BOP:

ps
and for offline you can forget the newer games anyway, its just for the cheap game key and myclub grind for two or so months but they even fail to get the requirements for that

WORLD YOUTH LEAGUE

As we enter the second half of the season their are many questions to be answered. Can Atalanta keep up their relentess pace? Can Marseille find the sunny climes of the South of France as the answer to their woes? Will the real Bayern now show up after a brief cameo last week? Will Porto continue to defy their goal difference in third place? Will Coppola of Torino get any taller? Who will be Player of the Year? Can the Kante like Gyabuaa hold of the competition from his two fellow Atalanta midfielders, or will Cooper of Tottenham continue to shine and sneak ahead, or will someone come out of the following pack to take the title? All will be answered over the next seven weeks.

Great stuff fella, what an epic roundup and a brilliant first few weeks of the WYL!

Trying Baturina on Wispa Golds this week as they were on offer at the shop. Might toss in a bag of Frazzles if he gets a hat trick! Need to do something to turn around this scoring slump ...

Great stuff fella, what an epic roundup and a brilliant first few weeks of the WYL!

Trying Baturina on Wispa Golds this week as they were on offer at the shop. Might toss in a bag of Frazzles if he gets a hat trick! Need to do something to turn around this scoring slump ...

I should contact Cadbury's and see if they'll sponsor the league :D

World Youth League

Team of the Week for Week 7. More new faces as Tottenham and Torino fill the bulk of the team. Torino's CB pairing of Sportelli and Coppola also narrowly missed out on making it an entire Torino back 5!

WYL-test-round7.jpg

Match stats for Week 7

match stats 1.JPG

match stats 2.JPG

Players Unavailable for Week 8

Injured

Tottenham: Skipp 4 wks, Hinds 1 wk
Torino: Petrungaro 2 wks
Dinamo Z: Pavlak 2 wks
Bayern Munich: Davies 4wks
Marseille: Philiponeau 1wk
FC Porto: Esteves 1 wk D.Moreira 1wk

No Suspensions. (35 players now on 1 yellow card)

Teams by Thursday please (or let me know if no changes)

still have not jumped on the PES 2020 train, mixed opinions in its thread have made me wary. Anyone got it here?

:OT: I have recently bought it and I have to say that so far I like it. Funny thing is though is that i keep going back to editing 2008. There is something satisfying (or sad) about editing a team and then seeing the players appear in the game at the right ‘price’

Hopefully I will get it complete soon.

I wonder if there will ever be an editor for the newer PES’ to convert to PS4 that way we could keep the newer ones going too.

Well done too @mattmid for keeping the league going. :)

I haven't bought it, I did download the demo and to be fair, quite enjoyed it but also found that I only played about 10 games. Might pick it up when it's on sale but I don't think paying £50 for it when I'm not sure if I'll play it much is really worth it. I'll be interested to see how the ML plays though and that will probably be the deciding factor.

You're right about the editing @geeeeee Also something satisfying about seeing them out on the pitch. The 79/80 season OF I'm working on (or rather was, it's got a bit sidetracked at the moment!) I played a game against Spurs and the AI Hoddle picked out an incredible long range pass and I was so happy to see it Little moments like that and as you say having the 'right price' for the players in a ML is so satisfying.

Wow that pass was great. The fact that it was the AI too makes it all the more satisfying.

Heh i wrote that post when i was half asleep. Yes much more than just the price which is satisfying, seeing the players, kits, emblems, seeing how it all comes together on the pitch.

It’s almost as satisfying as this...

World Youth League

Atalanta v Bayern Munich

Can Atalanta return to winning ways after dropping their first points of the season in last week's 1-1 draw with Lyon? Or can Bayern, fresh from their first win of the season, follow it up with what would be a surprise victory based on results so far.

Find out at 10pm uk

@rockstrongo There's certainly a few aces in that team. I noticed last night Lyon had Caqueret and Solet on the bench, there's a few of our player's starting to get in the first team squads now. What with Millico, Kulusevski and some others.

Back
Top Bottom