The Retro-PES Corner

Thanks. More tournaments coming! :) Denmark was a real dark horse as well, maybe the biggest surprise for me since they beat two extremely strong sides, one of which was a host. My nephew is crazy about France, and I'm a fan of Italian football, we met in the finals and the stupid corner kick decided the winner. But Djorkaeff deserved it, he was the best French player in the tournament.

Dinamo Zagreb ...

... conceding another world class goal and unable to find the net themselves. Who knows what will change before the next game but something will!

Sorry to miss the premiere, have family visiting, but enjoyed catching up yesterday :BSCARF:

Marseille v Bayern Munich

Look out for a cracking goal in this one

Result from the other game as I haven't had time to upload it and as the Tottenham manager is awol at the moment and I've of course seen it as Lyon manager I'm not going to worry about uploading. Tottenham won 1-0 to continue their good run.

Marseille v Bayern Munich

Look out for a cracking goal in this one

Result from the other game as I haven't had time to upload it and as the Tottenham manager is awol at the moment and I've of course seen it as Lyon manager I'm not going to worry about uploading. Tottenham won 1-0 to continue their good run.

Fans definitely calling for my head after that one. All went relatively well up to the opening goal!

Been a busy few days so I haven't had time to do the usual stats for this week. Here's the league table though...

Table.JPG

Tottenham continue their climb up the table and set up an intriguing clash against Atalanta this week who drew a blank in front of goal for the first time this season as Torino put in an inspired performance.

Bayern had a convincing win but will it finally signal a good run or it will they return to their lacklustre performances again?

Lyon wasted a chance to close in on Atalanta, succumbing to a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of in from Tottenham, meaning Atalanta actually extended their lead.

Porto picked up a good win at Dinamo to move to within 2 points of Lyon.

Week 10 Fixtures

past results.JPG

fixtures.JPG

The Player of the Season race is hotting up as Tottenham's Cooper creeps ever closer to Gyabuaa and Kulusevski of Atalanta who have been the leading two for some time. Caqueret of Lyon is also right there as well. Who can turn in a consistent run of five games to see out the season and take the crown?

Marseille's Philiponeau, in 9th position, is probably wondering what might have been had the rest of his team mates been able to match his contribution.

poty.JPG

The Golden Boot is anyone's at the moment. Zirkzee's brace moves him up to join Kobacki on 6, while the misfiring Baturina remains on 5. Another 9 players are within 3 goals and the race looks certain to go to the last game.

goals.JPG

World Youth League

Week 10 Unavailable players info

Injured
Tottenham Skipp 2wks
Bayern M Davies 2wks
Torino Menga 1 wk

Suspended
Tottenham Maghoma
Marseille Philiponeau

Does anyone know if it's still possible to install an option file for Winning Eleven 2007 (PES 6) on PS2? I've never done anyhting like that before, any advice would be highly appreciated.

Lucky neither Colchester or Leicester are in the league^^

Welcome on board mate!

Thanks Rock, hopefully we can do better than in real life. I think Matt should increase all of Spurs player’s stats by 10 points. Isn't that what happens when there is a caretaker manager. All the players start playing well because they want to impress their new manager. :P

Thanks Rock, hopefully we can do better than in real life. I think Matt should increase all of Spurs player’s stats by 10 points. Isn't that what happens when there is a caretaker manager. All the players start playing well because they want to impress their new manager. :P
Ha ha,nice try mate!
Good to have onboard

Does anyone know if it's still possible to install an option file for Winning Eleven 2007 (PES 6) on PS2? I've never done anyhting like that before, any advice would be highly appreciated.

I know that you can install a PES6 Option File on the PS2. Not sure about WE7 though. Also when you install the Option File it is not the same as a patch as you don’t get all the fancy stuff like stadiums, kits, etc... It is really just the stats. All the graphics need to be done using the in game editor.

Also, check this earlier post i wrote in The Retro-PES Corner hope this helps a bit.

WARNING!

A train spotting nerdy moment from me :P

On the subject of editing, i have just ordered another MaxDrive for the PS2. I am so worried that they will discontinue them and that my one will stop working.

Also, i actually found out yesterday that when using PES editor on the pc, you can actually search for players by typing their name while the cursor is on the ‘Player Name window’. After over 10 years of editing i have discovered this. It saves me so much time when copying and pasting players from other option files.

I know that you can install a PES6 Option File on the PS2. Not sure about WE7 though. Also when you install the Option File it is not the same as a patch as you don’t get all the fancy stuff like stadiums, kits, etc... It is really just the stats. All the graphics need to be done using the in game editor.

Also, check this earlier post i wrote in The Retro-PES Corner hope this helps a bit.

Ok I will, thank you. I am just looking for something basic, like to have the right player names. Or emblems for River, Boca, etc. if possible.

The PS2 doesn't require modding for this, right?

Ok I will, thank you. I am just looking for something basic, like to have the right player names. Or emblems for River, Boca, etc. if possible.

The PS2 doesn't require modding for this, right?

No it doesn't. The funny thing is that i have just added emblems to my 2008 ps2 option file. 2 of which are River Plate and Boca Juniors. If you want i can try to upload them for you probably on Sunday?

No it doesn't. The funny thing is that i have just added emblems to my 2008 ps2 option file. 2 of which are River Plate and Boca Juniors. If you want i can try to upload them for you probably on Sunday?
That would be really cool. Do you know of any step-by-step guide on how to use this MaxDrive? I've never tried improting anything on PS2 before and am totally clueless :(

That would be really cool. Do you know of any step-by-step guide on how to use this MaxDrive? I've never tried improting anything on PS2 before and am totally clueless :(

First of all the MaxDrive should include a disc for the PS2, and sometimes a disc for the PC but i have never needed to use the PC one. Also it should include a USB stick.

1. Download the PS2 option file that you need. This will be in max format.

2. Put the USB stick in the PC

3. Copy and paste the option file to the stick.

4. Remove the stick.

5. Put the MaxDrive disc, the stick, and your memory card into the PS2 and turn it on.

6. There should be an option to ‘Uncrush’ the option file from the stick to the memory card.

7. Once it is on the memory then you can use it as normal.

But remember that you need to make sure that the option file is in max format for it to work. If the option file you use in not in max format. Then there is a workaround which i can post a bit later. ;)

If you just want to edit your own option file using PES editor. Follow these steps.

1. Put the MaxDrive disc, the stick, and your memory card into the PS2 and turn it on.

2. Copy the option file from the memory card to the stick.

3. Turn everything off and remove the stick.

4. Place your stick in the PC.

5. Copy the option file from the stick to the PC

6. Open PES 6 editor (you can find here)
http://www.purplehaze.eclipse.co.uk/downloads.html

7. Select your option file.

8. Edit all the things you want.

9. Save

10. Follow earlier steps above on transferring from PC to PS2.

Hope this helps :)

:D If Parrott finally scores you'll know I did it :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom