The Retro-PES Corner

Hello Retro PESers. I hope this is the right spot for this, but long story short, I'm trying to find someone who can lead me to a complete option file for Winning Eleven 8 International, which is PES 4 in Europe, for PS2.... or at least a complete option file for PES 4 so I can fiddle with it and see if I can somehow convert it for WE8i on PS2. There is an OF by The Wolf that I used back in the day, but I can't find a link anywhere on the internet for it.

Short story long... I bought a PS2 about a month ago after not having one since about 2008. The first games I got were WE6i, WE7i, WE8i, and WE9i since those were the best WEPES games and I played them for hours and hours at a time. I edited the names in WE6i myself since there is not much to edit in that game. I found perfect option files for 7 and 9 on gamefaqs.com, but 8 is my favorite and I've scoured the internet, but have been unable to find one. There is 3 versions of one by PESfan on gamefaqs.com, but they are only about 3/4 complete. I've tried using the WeOptEditor by JedAil. It worked at first, but when I went through and edited all the players names, it somehow got corrupted in the process and didn't work. After many more google searches, I stumbled upon this awesome thread.

So... if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

@simpjkee If you look in the 2014 spoiler in the first post here https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-6-global-patches-full-installers-by-sany.67651/ there's a pc patch for WE8 so you could download that if you have a pc and get the option file from it. There might be more patches further down on that first page for WE8 as well if you have a look

It looks like #52 is exactly what I'm looking for and #104 would work also. I just need to figure out how to convert the option file from PC to PS2. Making progress. I WILL get this figured out!

It looks like #52 is exactly what I'm looking for and #104 would work also. I just need to figure out how to convert the option file from PC to PS2. Making progress. I WILL get this figured out!
It doesnt appear this going to work. I have a program to convert from pc to ps2, but it messes up the rosters and teams. I think I'm just going to make one from scratch ‍♂️

It doesnt appear this going to work. I have a program to convert from pc to ps2, but it messes up the rosters and teams. I think I'm just going to make one from scratch ‍♂️

I think the problem is that those patches are for the pc version. I am sure that you could still convert the player’s names, stats, etc...

Although i have never edited PES4 only 5 and 2008. Maybe it works differentky with that one.

Started a new RetroPES tournament, This time i decided to showcase a different game and give PES 5/6 a break and went with PES 2008. Most people and myself included haven't touched this game since 2008 and wasn't received well at the time. It's interesting to see what over 10 years of hindsight provides. After a lot of time with PES 5 & 6, I realised that PES 2008's DNA isn't that different and it's fundamentally the same as the aforementioned games with nicer HD graphics and slightly less responsive dribbling and some stiffer animations. Goalkeepers are reasonably impressive too.

We are back with a new tournament! Euro 2008, Co-hosted by Austria & Switzerland courtesy of the controversial PES 2008... But PES is PES and that means Plenty of goals, drama & excitement!

And thats why we need PES fanfiction subforum so this man and all the other mans (and womans) get a personal thread going and I wouldn't have to see all those good stuff pop up randomly between three or four threads on the evo-web!!!!

I'm serious about this!

Also PES 2008 Omg :D

World Youth League

Lyon v Dinamo Zagreb

9.30pm uk

Didn’t get a notification of your post ...

So pleased with that performance, great to see Resetar get a goal! Such a non-entity so far this season. Scoring a 2nd time was shocking, not sure we’ve done that in a while. Perhaps should have had a third at the end there, although Resetar was under a bit of pressure for the volley. Great game!

Didn’t get a notification of your post ...

So pleased with that performance, great to see Resetar get a goal! Such a non-entity so far this season. Scoring a 2nd time was shocking, not sure we’ve done that in a while. Perhaps should have had a third at the end there, although Resetar was under a bit of pressure for the volley. Great game!

A fully deserved win I thought. A great performance and that's the double for you over Lyon! Franjic had a good game I thought. Stunning volley from Cherki as that ball came out of the sky as well.

Marseille v Atalanta 9.30pm

Frustrating. Sloppy marking for the goal and took 45 minutes to get into the game.

Can't help but notice that a lot of the damage is done from wide areas. Time to put more width in my team. Also, I did not know the AI was intelligent enough to take the ball into the corner to waste time at the end.

Will watch tomorrow, thanks matt.

I played a bit of PES2008 tonight. I love the skill by the CPU controlled Chris Martin to set up the goal.

View attachment 21544

@mattmid are you the one that used to play 2008 quite a lot?

No, I never got on with the PC version of 2008. Lovely bit of skill there :)

Slightly better result than the real one, yes!

Frustrating. Sloppy marking for the goal and took 45 minutes to get into the game.

Can't help but notice that a lot of the damage is done from wide areas. Time to put more width in my team. Also, I did not know the AI was intelligent enough to take the ball into the corner to waste time at the end.

Yeah, nice touch that I thought.

World Youth League

Having a really busy week so I'm going to delay this week's fixtures until next week. Still send me your teams (+ 70 min instructions if you want them) though so I'll have it all ready to go. :)

Injuries:

Continuing..
Griffiths Lyon 1 week

New:
Menga Torino 1 week
Anaba Lyon 1 week
Le Gallo Marseille 11 weeks :OH: Who'd be Marseille's manager?

and @geeeeee Skipp, who got injured in week 3 is finally back available!

and amazingly only one of our 45 players got a second yellow

Tillman Bayern Munich.

ps2 version much better than pc one.

lucky you ;)

Thankfully I never played the PC version. For me PES2008 is the best PS2 version of the game.

I rinsed the socks off of PES5 for many years. Tried to get into PES6 but found it easier with shooting overpowered.

I believe that if PES2008 was the same version on the PC as the PS2, it would have easily overshadowed PES5 and 6.

Back
Top Bottom