The Retro-PES Corner

Late 80s early 90s would be amazing.
I'm trying to find a quick way of making lots of stats automatically for lesser known players. As long as they were a rough representation it should be OK.

I've plugged gaps in my OFs over the years by taking the average of at least three similar players. Made all the easier by those PSD spreadsheets which I've merged into one massive file.

For example - if I'm looking for stats for a third choice keeper for Roda JC about whom I have not the foggiest - I'll filter for his position, age, and height in my spreadsheet. If he's European I'll filter out non-Europeans. He's playing outside the big four leagues so I'll filter out players from the big four leagues (who tend to be better). If there are no matches I'll let out some of the more precise stats (height, weight, age) until I have at least three. Then I'll take the average of all their stats.

Not an exact science but if you've nothing else to go on it's a good stab at it!

I think its a fantastic game. It's the most complete PES game for me. There is strong licensing, with great gameplay accompanied by my favorite ML. I know PES had ups and downs during XBOX360/PS3 era, but when you look back at PES 2008 to PES 2013 the evolution is incredible, considering it was the same engine. I feel PES 2008,09,10,11,12,13 all had their own identity and PES 13 was their modus operandi of years of evolution, in that era.

If next-gen wasn't around the corner (2013) and a new engine for PES wasn't on the horizon after PES 2013, I always wondered what 2014 would have been like. Because building from 2013 would have been interesting, Instead of the Fox Engine installment.

I played PES 2013 for the first time only recently. Couldn't believe the depth in the ML compared to now. Thought the gameplay was a little sticky but that's because I was playing with the default duds. Once I got a bit more quality in my team it smoothed out and it's exceptional.

Last edited:
How true. I'm doing this with Kopanito and PES 3 at the moment, but I get the feeling. :D

About option files, there are some good ones around but not many... Nowadays most of them are bundled with patches.

I used to remember that among the great "standalone OF's" there were Crackpot's ones, the ones by Milanista and Mike (here's one uploaded by @Sany023) and the ones by Pategato and Goalgerd (which has relaesed a megapack including some of them not long ago).

Option files are the business. Patches are dandy but too many of them are too garish for this purist. I much prefer it when the game's original identity is preserved.

I'd love it if my old option files were out there. My PES3 Euro 2004 one was great. Think I made two others, for PESes 4 and 5, that I sunk hours into. Long gone, I'm sure.

I think its a fantastic game. It's the most complete PES game for me. There is strong licensing, with great gameplay accompanied by my favorite ML. I know PES had ups and downs during XBOX360/PS3 era, but when you look back at PES 2008 to PES 2013 the evolution is incredible, considering it was the same engine. I feel PES 2008,09,10,11,12,13 all had their own identity and PES 13 was their modus operandi of years of evolution, in that era.

If next-gen wasn't around the corner (2013) and a new engine for PES wasn't on the horizon after PES 2013, I always wondered what 2014 would have been like. Because building from 2013 would have been interesting, Instead of the Fox Engine installment.
Exactly, The games aren't your typical year on year improvement like an operating system or a mobile phone for example; simply eradicating the need for the previous version. PES games always had like you say their own identity. The gift we have now is that you could pick any one of these off of the shelf and you can recognise and enjoy it's strengths and weaknesses and then whatever edition comes before or after it would provide it's own unique experience.

The thing with PES is that whether it's the panned 2008 or 2014 versions, There's still something to appreciate about them and you can still enjoy what's fundamental about them to their core once you over look graphics, controls or mechanics - That it all comes down to football and that's what they replicate well still.

As for PES 2013, I agree also. I feel that if they just held off on the fox engine for one year and released PES 2013.5 instead, Apart from the obviously entitled contingent online, Not many people could complain. PES 2013 was nigh on perfection and polish as well as content. Compared to the stripped back unfinished prototype we got with PES 2014 for the sake of a new engine; Which scenario is truly worse...?

I am late in reporting this, but I won the title for the second time in 2014. Man Utd finished about 11 points behind me, with Arsenal in third and I think Chelsea may have been fourth, though I recall Aston Villa were close to them. Chelsea looked far more vulnerable this season than in previous years, and it was clear at the halfway point that they stood little chance of challenging for the title. I was rampant in the league, and my lead over Man Utd was the highest margin in any of the divisions. I scored more goals than I ever had in this playthrough, though my two main scorers didn't amass quite as many as they have been doing in recent seasons this time; Ordaz got 15 and Orellano 13.

I also won the D1 cup, but was trounced by AC Milan in the CL final. I underestimated them, and I think they won 3-0. The Uefa Cup was won by Barcelona against Ajax, a narrow victory for the Spanish side who have begun struggling a bit in their domestic league in the last couple of years.

This campaign has started a little bit unexpectedly; Chelsea are looking strong again. They have a newish striker, Menez, who is performing well for them, and my own form has been far less certain. They currently lead two points clear of Arsenal, with me a further six points behind the Gunners. I have suffered notable losses to teams who are now rather mediocre; 3-0 against perennial mid-tablers Spurs and 1-0 to Liverpool. I also got hammered 3-0 at Old Trafford by Man Utd, which was only a surprise because of how wobbly their own form has been this year (I think they are sixth or seventh, and it took them a while to get into the top of the table). They thoroughly deserved that win, making lots of good chances against me. I was hoping to drag Chelsea back when I went to Stamford Bridge, but I went behind after two minutes and only equalised in the 90th through substitute Takahashi. Still, it allowed Arsenal to get closer to them.

Aston Villa, having gradually been improving in recent seasons, have had a mare so far this time round. They are second from bottom, and their cup form has been little better, which is a particular shame as it is the first time they have qualified for Europe. They are nevertheless in the proper group stage of the CL.

I had a cheering result against Everton recently; with their 5-4-1 formation they are often a bogey team for me, but I didn't struggle to score on this occasion. Orellano, my Argentine striker who has long been touted as potentially the world's greatest player, had a slow start to this season, scoring just once in the first eleven games. Against Everton however he had the best game of his career, scoring five- yes, five- and setting up Ordaz twice for a 7-0 win. One of Orellano's strikes was a hit-first-time rabona into the bottom corner, another he shifted the ball into the path of a defender with his right foot, nutmegged him with a touch of his left boot and then poked it into the corner with his right. He has a rubbish left foot, so I occasionally see him doing rabonas and some nice Maradona-esque passes with the outside of the boot (like those ones where Maradona would seem to barely move his left foot yet send the ball pinging accurately to a teammate).

Another point of interest this season is Wigan Athletic, who have been admirably surviving in D1 for a few years. This year they bought an ageing Careca, who has scored 9 times for them in the league out of 13 games, which is probably why they are in fifth behind Newcastle. Ordaz leads the charts on 12, and having scored a brace in the last match Orellano is now fifth on 8.

With all the talk about pes 2013 i feel i must give it a go one day.

Also reporting in on my pes 6 transfer window i played a blinder thats for sure. heres the video of it

By the way, I was asking myself, do they still exist Winning Eleven 9 (PES 5) modded iso for PS2? I wasn't able to find active links, only megaupload ones ^^

20 games into a 30 game league season, and I am 6 points behind leaders Chelsea. They keep stubbornly winning, often only by a margin of one goal. I've been on very good form though, scoring lots in the league and cup. Early in the season I drew 1-1 with Arsenal in the league and later lost 1-0 to them in our CL group, but I've very recently played the second respective games in each of those competitions and massively improved the outcomes- in the league game I was putting a lot of pressure on, and with a bit of luck with ricochets and desperate clearances that didn't get very far, I was able to score three goals in the first half. A good second half wasn't able to expand on that, but the Gunners didn't score either.

I then faced them immediately in the CL group stage, and won by a fantastic 6-0! It was helped largely by good dribbling in the box by Ximilez who was fouled for my first goal. In the abscence of Orellano, Mijhalovic took the penalties and he converted three of them, with a fine outfield goal in between! His first goals in this year's CL saw him become joint top scorer after this match. Arsenal just kept being too aggressive in the box, charging into my players. Campbell was guilty for two of the penalties, and in the second half he was slow off the mark to track Sheringham who got on the end of a corner, chested it down and fired it in off Campbell's legs. And that corner was delivered by Mijhalovic. Needless to say, he was named man of the match. That was my last group stage game, and it ensured that I won the group. I then went on to meet Man Utd in the quarters and beat them 4-0 in the first leg! They put a fourth man up in attack late on, but unlike in the D1 cup (see below), it resulted in them conceding two more goals (I had opened the scoring through a penalty and was two up by half-time). I expect to progress to the semis. No Chelsea this year, who didn't even qualify for the main group stage. Nor are they any longer in the D1 cup.

I'm in the semis of the D1 cup and feeling confident after the first leg, though after going 2-0 up away to Man Utd they switched to 4 strikers in the second half, and pulled back two late goals through Giuseppe Rossi and Rooney. They are slowly climbing in the league but are still only fourth, behind Arsenal, and too inconsistent to hope to win the title, even if Chelsea do start to slip up. They beat me 3-0 in our first league meeting, and as with Arsenal I hope to drastically improve on our second league fixture.

I have scored 63 league goals already this season, and my strikers have both already beaten their personal best tallies- Ordaz has 18, and Orellano 21. Unfortunately the latter has just been called up for the dreaded international duty...still, more playing time for my many other good forwards.

Guys,
The difference between PES 5 and PES 6 were the players models, the players movements and the ball physics..i prefer pes 5 ball physics..
The difference between PES 6 and PES 2008 were the upgraded graphics, the bigger stadiums and i think the AI of PES 2008 had some problems because of the bigger stadiums...I mean the CPU was defending better in PES 6 than in PES 2008..
The difference between PES 6 and PES 2009 is nothing :D For me PES 2009 was PES6 with upgraded graphics and bigger stadium but the AI was almost the same...
So why many people are playing PES 6 and they dont play PES 2009?
PES 2010-PES 2013 was PES 6 with more animations, better graphics, lighting, different ball physics...My opinion is that PES 2013 was a good game but the ball physics were awful...The worst ball physics in PES history...

Maybe it is different between platforms? I heard the PS2 version didn't change as much as the 'next gen' ones. I had 2008 and 2009 on PC, and felt they played completely differently to earlier years, I could never get to grips with them.

For the second time in this PES 5 Master League career, I do the treble. The league was a very close run thing, Chelsea barely dropping points this season, but Everton heroically beat them 4-2 at Stamford Bridge to bring me within 3 points of them. A few games later I went top on goal difference after beating Chelsea in a tense, scrappy game. A few games later still, I slipped up slightly against Villa, with the Brummies smashing in a good equaliser from just outside the box late on, slightly high and wide of the keeper. That enabled Chelsea to go two points clear, but thankfully they lost another and I edged back in front. My last few games were very tense affairs, with me rarely playing well. The first time I played Charlton this season, I won 4-0, but on the last day I only won 1-0 and Charlton had most of the chances. Just as well, because Chelsea won 3-2 away to Fulham. It ended then with me one point clear of the Londoners, the third season in a row that they have failed to win the title, though their consistency was reminiscent of their years of domination.

Man Utd finished third, though about 15 points adrift of me and Chelsea. Arsenal were a little way behind them, little Wigan in fifth thanks largely to Careca and Gerrard, and the final Euro qualification place went to Newcastle. The last day of the season saw West Bromwich Albion secure their survival by drawing with Bolton, sending the latter team down (they were two points behind West Brom). Bolton and West Ham are relegated, with Birmingham and Middlesborough coming back up. Boro' will be without Viduka next year, as he has retired.

In Serie A Milan won once more, with Roma a long way back. A surprise in the Spanish division; Real Madrid once again won but in second was Deportivo La Coruna. Barcelona started the season poorly, improved in the middle of the year but then had a terrible ending, and actually finished in 8th. Real had a couple of important retirements this year in the form of Raul and Guti. In the mixed Central European league, PSV narrowly won ahead of Ajax, with Bayern about ten points behind in fourth. PSV had led early on by a wide margin, which was steadily chipped away at by Ajax, but PSV held on for the title. Bayern did win their domestic cup though. The Italian cup went to AC and the Spanish to Real.

In the cups though, as I've mentioned in previous posts, Chelsea were nowhere to be seen. Out in the second round of the D1 Cup, they also failed early on in the CL and never got beyond the qualifying group. Actually, they did reach the Uefa cup final, but lost to Juve. I won both the D1 cup and the CL. I won 2-1 against NAC Breda in an unimpressive D1 Cup final. The Dutch minnows, finishing fourth from the bottom in the league, had done well to reach the final but I had expected to win easily. I was distracted by a clock I had knocked off my desk just before they scored, temporarily stopping playing which meant the ball bounced off the head of the static Mauro Silva and NAC took it off me. Diba on their right wing was fed with a great ball, which he took into the area. He finished well, smashing it in off the near post. I managed to equalise in the 29th minute through Orellano, my Argentine superstar, but it wasn't until the 90th minute that Libermann headed in a corner to score what might be his first goal in this entire 11 season playthrough. Sighs of relief all around the stadium. The joint top scorers in the competition were Takahashi and Ordaz on 5 each.

In the CL I had beaten Man Utd in a thrilling quarter-final, and then Roma in a dull semi (Bayern had lost the other one to AC Milan). So the final was between me and AC, not for the first time in this playthrough. The last time we had met in the final they beat me 3-0, but despite having the same attacking line up of Inzaghi and Gilardino (later joined by sub Shevchenko) they were creating very little, and Inzaghi was realistically getting called offside on virtually every attack. I on the other hand was in good form and opened the scoring through Ordaz, soon followed by two more first half goals from Mauro Silva and Fouque. I had given the German a rare start, playing him up front to the left of Ordaz. Both he and Silva were serviced for their goals by Ximilez, who was playing in his last ever cup final. In the second half, I was less dominant, but Milan were no better than they had been early on and the only subsequent goal was from me, scored by Sheringham. Ordaz finished top scorer with 7, Takahashi was second highest with 6 and on 5 was Mihajlovic.

I ended the season having scored more goals in the league than ever before, about 85. That was helped largely by a period just before Christmas when I scored 24 times in four games. Ordaz netted 22 in the league but Orellano achieved 25. Gazza, at 38 years old, also achieved a season's best of 8 and Mauro Silva did as well with 5.

Ximilez retires at the age of 39, having been playing perhaps better than ever in the last few years. He amassed 327 appearances, in which he scored 8 goals and made 26 assists. Ceciu, my English defender, retires aged 41, having been a regular back up for O'Brien on the right side of my three man defence in recent years. Ceciu almost always did well for me, despite being very substandard on paper. He didn't get involved in any goalscoring, but made 160 appearances.

Hey guys, any idea how to add coins to ML save in WE 9 LE? I have some strange save set up and I just have ended season with more spending than income :-)

I do not even see all my players under "My players" tab.

Thanks

Those iterations weren’t particularly good and were very bare bones in comparison..By then pes had already taken its foothold..

Fundemently perfect striker 3 and world soccer 2000 were psx/n64 ported code with world soccer 2000 being in the Japanese launch line up back when the ps2 launched in that territory,perfect striker3 followed also within that year..There is also a world soccer 2000 final edition and world soccer 2000 under 21s.

I wouldn’t recommend any of the Japanese or European reboots that appeared in the market place there after ie perfect striker 4/5 or iss2000 on the pc.There all very unfinished and don’t even resemble the earlier games under the Major A banner..

There is a interesting winning eleven/perfect striker hybrid that appeared on the GameCube only in japan,but it’s very unfinished and is a shell of pes/winning eleven on the ps2..A interesting curiousity but nothing more.

Hey @StrangelyEnough , I quoted you here because I feel like we are quite off topic in the Fifa vs Pes discussion while I think this thread is a more natural environment to discuss old titles :).

Seems like you are kinda of an encyclopedia about Kceo's game. Some of them, like the Final Edition and the U 21s, I've never heard before!

By the way I'm really curious about the last one, could you tell me more :) ? A We/PS hybrid sounds like something so damn interesting indeed.

Hey @StrangelyEnough , I quoted you here because I feel like we are quite off topic in the Fifa vs Pes discussion while I think this thread is a more natural environment to discuss old titles :).

Seems like you are kinda of an encyclopedia about Kceo's game. Some of them, like the Final Edition and the U 21s, I've never heard before!

By the way I'm really curious about the last one, could you tell me more :) ? A We/PS hybrid sounds like something so damn interesting indeed.

Here’s some photos of the box art..

I’ve included a pic of winning eleven final evolution that appeared on the GameCube(as mentioned).

I could rattle on all day about the virtues of these early games.They did and still do so many things that would be like a breath of fresh air if implemented or re-enginerd into modern football games.

Attachments

• BC0478EC-EBD8-40AB-AC79-A6F558BDD677.jpeg
    BC0478EC-EBD8-40AB-AC79-A6F558BDD677.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 29347634-975F-4E7D-8530-D8C7C2E44282.jpeg
    29347634-975F-4E7D-8530-D8C7C2E44282.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 78094FAC-9FDA-4BAA-A6CD-35729EF3A44F.jpeg
    78094FAC-9FDA-4BAA-A6CD-35729EF3A44F.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2ACA40ED-0FE3-47F1-ABD7-37446CC3EFA2.jpeg
    2ACA40ED-0FE3-47F1-ABD7-37446CC3EFA2.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 4496D9B9-13F7-4E79-896B-8FAC37FD300E.jpeg
    4496D9B9-13F7-4E79-896B-8FAC37FD300E.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 9
  • 938F7237-22F9-4B3B-8F6A-B8616D798EBA.jpeg
    938F7237-22F9-4B3B-8F6A-B8616D798EBA.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I have not posted on here for a while. Hope everybody and their families are fine.

I just had to post highlights of this excellent match I had in a World Cup group. I am Tunisia against Belgium, one of the favourites.

Full highlights need to be watched to appreciate the pressure we were under and It was such an excellent finish to the match. :)

On a side note, does anybody know why youtube will not allow me to play videos at a higher quality than 480p? I used to be able to get it higher. :(

I have not posted on here for a while. Hope everybody and their families are fine.

I just had to post highlights of this excellent match I had in a World Cup group. I am Tunisia against Belgium, one of the favourites.

Full highlights need to be watched to appreciate the pressure we were under and It was such an excellent finish to the match. :)

On a side note, does anybody know why youtube will not allow me to play videos at a higher quality than 480p? I used to be able to get it higher. :(

Nice match. Was asking myself where did you go in the recent times :) . Are you still trying to find a good balance for ML or you just put it aside for the moment?

A dramatic game, even after that late winning goal! Though on behalf of Belgium, I intend to lodge a complaint with FIFA about the free kick from which the winner came; it seems to me your man is allergic to the Belgian strip because he fell to the ground as soon as it brushed against him!

Nice match. Was asking myself where did you go in the recent times :) . Are you still trying to find a good balance for ML or you just put it aside for the moment?

I have still been lurking in the forum reading threads for the new footy games and other games but not posting myself :)

As i am working on my new OF i have given myself a break from my ML but i will start another one again. I will probably start on Regular with Default ML team and gradually work up to Top Player.

I have enjoyed playing a World Cup on Top Player, randomly taking control of teams. It’s been excellent so far, i think it plays better than the ML. I have been recording the games but will probably hold off posting the videos until i have finished the competition. So many times i start competitions but don’t get to finish them because something else comes along or i get an idea for a different comp.

How have you been?

What are you playing now?

I have still been lurking in the forum reading threads for the new footy games and other games but not posting myself :)

As i am working on my new OF i have given myself a break from my ML but i will start another one again. I will probably start on Regular with Default ML team and gradually work up to Top Player.

I have enjoyed playing a World Cup on Top Player, randomly taking control of teams. It’s been excellent so far, i think it plays better than the ML. I have been recording the games but will probably hold off posting the videos until i have finished the competition. So many times i start competitions but don’t get to finish them because something else comes along or i get an idea for a different comp.

How have you been?

What are you playing now?

Thanks mate all fine, hope the same for you.

Yeah I have my "Cup moments" as well. Sometimes it's just more fun to jump with a random team and play something short term. Looking forward to see your vids.

As for me, I'm having a blast with Pes 2013 on pc at the moment, thanks to Camaldinho who uploaded the 1.04 exe and the Pesedit original season patch. Even if there are things I historically don't go crazy with, I forgot how incredbly good and addicting was all the rest. I started a ML from D2 and I can't stop play it at the moment, will probably do a better post about it in the next future.

MASTER LEAGUE ROUND UP

PES 5 and 6 Season 1

Well season 1 of my pes 6 master league started of with promising start and at the halfway point it looked like we would be pushing for promotion however a losing streak put paid to that :(
Pes 5 was just shit all season scoring just 3 goals all season so lots of improvements to be had in that save. Here are the goals scored on both games. Although Pre season of the new season has showed some promise.

EVOLUTION OF THE SQUADS

Transferwise the teams PES United have gone through a drastic change on my pes 6 save. After two windows most if not all the first eleven have been changed. Notable winter transfers being Lothar was traded for Marshall in goal and five new signings completely replacing the attacking side of the team. Notable departures being Castolo and Minanda (shifting big wages of the wage bill) In the summer the defence was the main target also a back up goal keeper. Two free agents were signed Of which was Riise and Vermaelen also a young 15y/o Courtois was signed on 150 wage! Dodo was the biggest departure.
Starting line up ----------after winter transfer--------- after summer
4-2-1-3 >>>>>>>>>>>4-1-2-3 >>>>>>>>>>> 4-1-2-3
Ivarov >>>>>>>>>>> Marshall >>>>>>>>>>>>Marshall
Giersen >>>>>>>>>>Giersen >>>>>>>>>>> Riise
Valeny >>>>>>>>>>Valeny >>>>>>>>>>> Valeny
Jaric >>>>>>>>>>>>Jaric >>>>>>>>>>> > Vermaelen
Dodo >>>>>>>>>>> Ruskin >>>>>>>>>>>> Ruskin
Iouga >>>>>>>>>>> Stein >>>>>>>>>>> > Stein
Espimas >>>>>>>>> Ono >>>>>>>>>>> >> Ono
Minanda >>>>>>>> Nakamura >>>>>>>>>> Nakamura
Ximelez >>>>>>>Park Chu Young >>>>>>> Park Chu young
Hamsun >>>>>>>> Jaromton >>>>>>>>>>>> Lita
Castolo >>>>>>>>>> Lita >>>>>>>>>>>>> Walcott

For Pes 5 The evolution of the side looked like this
Notable winter transfers were Marshall Traded for Lothar in goal and Park Chu young came in up top no departures to tell you off from winter
In the summer we manage to shift quite a few players most notable of which was minanda who was on the most money so got rid of him and that freed up some funds to get fabregas back to the club and a new Striker in Nathan Ellington. Who is a much better player compared to Minanda. Also on more or less the same wage. The only problem now is that we have 4 Gk's at the club as Ivarov and Zamenhoff didn't sell and I signed Ross Turnbull to replace them before they had left (i hoped they would sell)

Starting-------------------After winter transfer-----------After summer
3-4-1-2 >>>>>>>>>>> 4-2-1-3 >> >>>>>>>>>>> 4-4-2

Ivarov>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marshall>>>>>>>>>>>>Marshall
Valeny> >>>>>>>>>>>Ruskin>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ruskin
jaric >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Valeny>>>>>>>>>>>> Valeny
Stremer >>>>>>>>>>>>Jaric>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jaric
Dodo >>>>>>>>>>>>>Giersen >>>>>>>>>>>> Giersen
Iouga >>>>>>>>>>>>> Iouga >>>>>>>>>>>Park chu young
Espimas >>>>>>>>>>>>Dodo >>>>>>>>>>>>>Iouga
Ximelez >>>>>>>>>>>Minanda >>>>>>>>>>> Fabregas
Minanda >>>>>>>>>>>Ordaz >>>>>>>>>>>>> Burchet
Ordaz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Castolo >>>>>>>>>>> Ellington
Castolo>>>>>>>>>>>Park Chu young >>>>>>>>Castolo

Feel free to comment on where i could Improve the sides also you can watch along with my two master leagues on my youtube channel as i am uploading daily Retro Pes content. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_tJEEt3Dfy8qrANCtQsAxA?view_as=subscriber

So, as I said above, I a started a ML on Pes 2013 and oh my God I can't stop it.

It's immensely better than I remember it being. Maybe it's cause lately I probably played here and there patches that were based on previous versions rather than the 1.04 Pesedit Camaldinho kindly uploaded in the other topic.. but I was really caught by surprise. It feels so fresh, fun and with a still large dose of depth. I played a whole season game after game and never got tired even once.

Having no stomach for the new defaults, I picked up Reggina in Serie B. A pretty bad base team if we save some exception like Di Michele (talented end of career ss), but with a good number of decent prospects. I've completed the roster with Mannini (rmf who could cover a number of other mid roles) and Sforzini (gigantic forward with the height being pretty much the only thing standing out) for a basic 3-5-2.

Well, things didn't exactly go well :D . CPU is pretty ruthless.. after some points in the first few games I started losing frequently, being eliminated from Coppa Italia in the first turn and making a losing streak of something like 8 games up until january.
Then I brought in Palmieri (decent french winger), Eduardo Morillo from the youth team (a young newface midfielder, probably inspired by the archetype of the spanish little magician ala Iniesta, Thiago Alcantara etc.. I swear to God I couldn't remember this guy from other past runs, I thought he was a real player put in by the Pesedit patch or something but apparently he was always there) and most of all Yatabarè.. cmf/omf with a low overall but incredibly complete: fast, physically strong, powerful enough shoot and good feet. He immediately repaid me with this gem, that made me jump from my seats and broke the losing spell:

Unluckily, anyway, despite Yatabarè being a great purchase, I didn't abandon the low part of the table, ending third last. But I feel like a good alchemy base was created. In the summer market I sold Sforzini (used this guy just a bunch of times, the young Gerardi forward I already had in roster played almost always) and got rid of a few players by letting their contract expire. I bought Frison (gk), K. Traorè (dmf), Gilson (lb cause I want to alternate a 4-3-3 to my base 3-5-2) and Marilungo (ss). The first and the last as free transfers, the other paying what (very) little I could afford. Won my first game of the season and Marilungo introduced himself like this:

so.. yeah, looking forward to keep going.

A word on ML:
As I remembered, it's a bit dumbed down compared with 10-11-12, but it's still good enough that you need to be quite strategic in your economic choices; to compose a star team is practically impossible in the first few years if you start from the bottom, you need to build up your rep and so on. It's nothing trascendental but it makes you feel like you are playing something that actually makes sense and gives you a gradual, satisfying growth.

So, as I said above, I a started a ML on Pes 2013 and oh my God I can't stop it.

It's immensely better than I remember it being. Maybe it's cause lately I probably played here and there patches that were based on previous versions rather than the 1.04 Pesedit Camaldinho kindly uploaded in the other topic.. but I was really caught by surprise. It feels so fresh, fun and with a still large dose of depth. I played a whole season game after game and never got tired even once.

Having no stomach for the new defaults, I picked up Reggina in Serie B. A pretty bad base team if we save some exception like Di Michele (talented end of career ss), but with a good number of decent prospects. I've completed the roster with Mannini (rmf who could cover a number of other mid roles) and Sforzini (gigantic forward with the height being pretty much the only thing standing out) for a basic 3-5-2.

Well, things didn't exactly go well :D . CPU is pretty ruthless.. after some points in the first few games I started losing frequently, being eliminated from Coppa Italia in the first turn and making a losing streak of something like 8 games up until january.
Then I brought in Palmieri (decent french winger), Eduardo Morillo from the youth team (a young newface midfielder, probably inspired by the archetype of the spanish little magician ala Iniesta, Thiago Alcantara etc.. I swear to God I couldn't remember this guy from other past runs, I thought he was a real player put in by the Pesedit patch or something but apparently he was always there) and most of all Yatabarè.. cmf/omf with a low overall but incredibly complete: fast, physically strong, powerful enough shoot and good feet. He immediately repaid me with this gem, that made me jump from my seats and broke the losing spell:

Unluckily, anyway, despite Yatabarè being a great purchase, I didn't abandon the low part of the table, ending third last. But I feel like a good alchemy base was created. In the summer market I sold Sforzini (used this guy just a bunch of times, the young Gerardi forward I already had in roster played almost always) and got rid of a few players by letting their contract expire. I bought Frison (gk), K. Traorè (dmf), Gilson (lb cause I want to alternate a 4-3-3 to my base 3-5-2) and Marilungo (ss). The first and the last as free transfers, the other paying what (very) little I could afford. Won my first game of the season and Marilungo introduced himself like this:

so.. yeah, looking forward to keep going.

A word on ML:
As I remembered, it's a bit dumbed down compared with 10-11-12, but it's still good enough that you need to be quite strategic in your economic choices; to compose a star team is practically impossible in the first few years if you start from the bottom, you need to build up your rep and so on. It's nothing trascendental but it makes you feel like you are playing something that actually makes sense and gives you a gradual, satisfying growth.
Awesome, I just read your post and you pretty much described both my experience and the post that I made in the retro pes2013 thread the other day. I'm Hertha Berlin in my ml but I'm loving it as much as you are by the sounds of it. It really is a lot of fun and has that one more game feel that I don't get from the newer games. Long may it continue

Back
Top Bottom