The Retro-PES Corner

Great game to watch as neutral. What a pass to cut through the whole defense.
@sniglet Dinamo Zagreb play very well gradually every week and quietly climbing the table. Must keep an eye on them for next 2 weeks.

I think Dinamo are playing above themselves right now, it helps that my striker is in top form right now. None of my other players seem to want to score! I think we'll finish the season mid-table at best, but I'm enjoying the good performances while they last.

Yeah I was asking myself about Miguel as well. I mean, it's perfectly normal to be busy from RL, or in vacation or whatever and just take a break from forums and whatnot, but from what I understood he, togheter with matt, set up the whole League thing some of you guys are playing and then disappeared point blank without saying a word.. is it correct? Would be a bit different than the norm..

Don't want to sound overdramatic, but I hope to hear from him soon.

@miguelfcp last post from his website on July 23
PLEASE, STAND BY.
Time for a much-needed break. See you in August – and what a month it will be!…;)

Hope to see him back soon. He is the keystone for this wonderful community about Retro PES

@mattmid as i was away some days and i lost some posts, have you come in contact with @miguelfcp ? I assume that he went for holidays, but is everything ok with him?

No I haven't and I am a bit concerned actually. Of course there could be loads of real life reasons to keep him away from here including a holiday, but he was due to run the second two league games of Week 1 of our Test League and he was on the you tube chat for the saturday night game (that I uploaded) and was due to do the next two games on the Sunday and he didn't mention anything about not being able to do them. That's completely unlike him to just disappear without a word, especially as he was so into this manager league as well, hence my concern. That evening was the last time he was on here and the last time I heard from him. I did send him an email to an email address he gave me a little while ago, although I've no idea if it is his main one, but I haven't heard back. Hopefully he's just taking a break (hence the comments on his retro site) or has some things to do/deal with etc.

That was a great game between Marseille and Atalanta
Yeah @wildwind the Phil Jones joke was something we laughed at yesterday (he's defending by laying down)
See pic above:)
Good game lads
And @mattmid great idea on having Atalanta in the first division,I think they can push for a third position again,or even challenge for a 2nd this year.
Solid defence and stunning up front

I think what might be a good idea when we have the two division full league is to have an end of season game where the team of the season for each Division play each other as an end of season showcase game.

I'm thinking for Div 1 to take Ben's idea of having rivals in it plus a couple of other top sides like Atalanta who really need to be in it on this showing, so what's your thoughts on this guys....

Div 2 (our starting point and people can still choose to change team if they want)

@rockstrongo Milan
@wildwind Man Utd
@sniglet Dinamo Zagreb
@Special4988 Tottenham
@miguelfcp FC Porto
@jihado86 Bayern Munich
@Flipper the Priest Marseille
@mattmid Lyon

Div 1

Inter
Man City
Partizan
Arsenal
Benfica

as rival teams.

then Atalanta as they have been so great

Then seeing as Lyon/Marseille are rivals of a sort anyway the final two...

Ajax
Monaco

as both have brilliant youth set ups.

Thoughts?

World Youth League

FC Porto (2-0-1, 3rd) v Torino (1-0-2, 5th)

Can Torino win in Portugal to join Porto on six points or can Porto extend their winning run to three and draw level with Lyon? Find out at 9.30pm (UK)

Bayern Munich (0-1-2, 7th) v Tottenham (0-0-3, 8th)

Can Bayern find some form and take a much needed first win of the season or can Spurs get their first points on the board? Find out at 10.00pm (UK)

I think what might be a good idea when we have the two division full league is to have an end of season game where the team of the season for each Division play each other as an end of season showcase game.

I'm thinking for Div 1 to take Ben's idea of having rivals in it plus a couple of other top sides like Atalanta who really need to be in it on this showing, so what's your thoughts on this guys....

Div 2 (our starting point and people can still choose to change team if they want)

@rockstrongo Milan
@wildwind Man Utd
@sniglet Dinamo Zagreb
@Special4988 Tottenham
@miguelfcp FC Porto
@jihado86 Bayern Munich
@Flipper the Priest Marseille
@mattmid Lyon

Div 1

Inter
Man City
Partizan
Arsenal
Benfica

as rival teams.

then Atalanta as they have been so great

Then seeing as Lyon/Marseille are rivals of a sort anyway the final two...

Ajax
Monaco

as both have brilliant youth set ups.

Thoughts?
I think that's a good setup,live the idea with rival clubs as well.
No Spanish teams at all right?
Btw Matt,I had a few mates of mine setting up the worst Hammarby players of all times,not knowing his full history,my choice was Luke Rodgers,a journeyman in the L1/L2 system,also a stint in America (Red Bulls) he was in our squad for about 6 months,thought he was all that,and got in a few "conversations" with our ultras..
He fucked off to Forest green or something after that.
But,I saw that he was in your squad for a few years as well.
Any memories on him?

He was with us for a couple of months or so at most when we were signing players on monthly contracts, I think I only saw him a couple of times and I think your thoughts on him are pretty accurate from what I remember of him!

We had so many players pass through at that time. I think it was the third season after getting relegated from the Championship, we were in Lg2 and one of our young players made his debut and he was the 100th player to make his debut in something like three seasons! God we had some absolutely awful players during that time. So many free agents on monthly contracts which once you saw them you realised why!

I hadn't actually noticed there were no Spanish teams!

He was with us for a couple of months or so at most when we were signing players on monthly contracts, I think I only saw him a couple of times and I think your thoughts on him are pretty accurate from what I remember of him!

We had so many players pass through at that time. I think it was the third season after getting relegated from the Championship, we were in Lg2 and one of our young players made his debut and he was the 100th player to make his debut in something like three seasons! God we had some absolutely awful players during that time. So many free agents on monthly contracts which once you saw them you realised why!

I hadn't actually noticed there were no Spanish teams!
Ha ha,Yeah i Kinda suspected that,we had 5 seasons in the second division over here (Luke was here then) and can't even remember half of those players.

Goalkeepers were on top form in both of the games last night! It appears the only way to score against these beasts is with a goal of the season contender!

I think my favourite was towards the end of the Spurs BM game after a shot hit the post and the gk somehow reacts to save the follow up with his legs. So many fingertip stops too.

Great stuff!

Bm vs Spurs must be the Game of Sesaon so far. I like the first goal of BM. The best Assist I ever seen.

For Div 1 teams, I suggest to change these 2 teams for your consideration
Chelsea (Man City) - Chelsea have much better academy in england. They are the 18/19 finalist in UEFA Youth League and 2 times champion
Barcelona (Partizan) - Partizan may not have the quality to compete. Agree with Rock to include a spanish team

Episode 4 of my World Cup is up. Had a lot of fun making this one, The Spain v S. Korea match perfectly encapsulates what's so damn great about Retro PES as well as the France v Tunisia & England v Germany games in terms of realistic drama. 3 totally different games in terms of content but for a game from 2006 perfectly replicates the unpredictable feeling of football in a limited engine.

It's time for knockout stage football! There's some giant clashes ahead including Messi's Argentina vs CR7's Portugal, Rivals collide as England take on hosts Germany and favorites Spain seek redemption against South Korea!

Bm vs Spurs must be the Game of Sesaon so far. I like the first goal of BM. The best Assist I ever seen.

For Div 1 teams, I suggest to change these 2 teams for your consideration
Chelsea (Man City) - Chelsea have much better academy in england. They are the 18/19 finalist in UEFA Youth League and 2 times champion
Barcelona (Partizan) - Partizan may not have the quality to compete. Agree with Rock to include a spanish team

You just don't want that Man City rivalry, right? ;) Just kidding, you're right Chelsea do have a better academy, mainly because they steal all the talent from everywhere in England at ridiculously young ages (no I'm not bitter about Mason Mount lol)

Interestingly the Spanish youth set ups don't seem that great team wise, when I did a rough order based on the total of players stats, although individually they had a lot of the top players they were spread across quite a lot of the teams.

I actually meant to put Hajduk Split but the same question does apply to them, although as we've seen with Dinamo there are plenty of young talented Croatians in their set ups. I'm toying with the idea of 3 Divisions, with us all starting in Div 2 and then that would allow us to add Hajduk Split, Partisan/Red Star (after all remember Serbia made the final in our Youth World Cup and most came from those two clubs). We could also then add Feyenoord for a rival for Ajax. Dortmund for Bayern, then add someone like Anderlecht and maybe add a South American team for variety like Flamengo or Sao Paulo

So I think, to get a nice bit of variety and let a couple of top teams start in Div 3 and see if they can make it to the top, how about something like....

Div 1

Barcelona
Chelsea
Inter
Dortmund
Monaco
Ajax
Benfica
Atalanta

Div 2 (all our teams)

Div 3

Hajduk Split
Man City
Arsenal
Feyenoord
Anderlecht
Flamengo
Legia Warzaw
Juventus

World Youth League

Results.JPG

Table.JPG

Team Stats to Date.

Some interesting stuff here. Bayern Munich, as shown last night as a perfect example, have the most completed passes but are not quite firing at either end of the pitch. However on last night's showing, I think someone is going to get a thrashing from them soon. Porto appear to be the nicest team with just 2 fouls in the last 180 minutes! With the lowest interceptions and with passes and touches also near the bottom of the list, they are obviously doing a hell of a job in making their possession count.

Atalanta's offence is clinical to say the least, but can their defence be got at? Dinamo have three clean sheets from their four games and are quietly beginning to move up the table. With Baturina banging goals in for fun at the other end, it's a nice mix.

teamstats1.JPG

teamstats2.JPG

World Youth League

View attachment 18675

View attachment 18674

Team Stats to Date.

Some interesting stuff here. Bayern Munich, as shown last night as a perfect example, have the most completed passes but are not quite firing at either end of the pitch. However on last night's showing, I think someone is going to get a thrashing from them soon. Porto appear to be the nicest team with just 2 fouls in the last 180 minutes! With the lowest interceptions and with passes and touches also near the bottom of the list, they are obviously doing a hell of a job in making their possession count.

Atalanta's offence is clinical to say the least, but can their defence be got at? Dinamo have three clean sheets from their four games and are quietly beginning to move up the table. With Baturina banging goals in for fun at the other end, it's a nice mix.

View attachment 18676

View attachment 18677

Stirling work again, Matt! Fascinating stuff. If you can cope with the maintenance, a division 3 with teams you’ve listed would be amazing. If there’s anything I can do to help, let me know!

@rockstrongo, my boys are very disappointed at not being top of the fouls table - all I can say is whoever we’re playing against next will want to have a stretcher handy ... :MAD:

Stirling work again, Matt! Fascinating stuff. If you can cope with the maintenance, a division 3 with teams you’ve listed would be amazing. If there’s anything I can do to help, let me know!

@rockstrongo, my boys are very disappointed at not being top of the fouls table - all I can say is whoever we’re playing against next will want to have a stretcher handy ... :MAD:
Ha ha,maybe take up Hajduk Split's ultras way of motivating better performance?
IMG_20190819_191048.jpg

Stellar work as always @mattmid

Back
Top Bottom