The Retro-PES Corner

@rockstrongo

Bloody hell, that's some way to get your message across!

@sniglet Cheers, I'll let you know if there is. It should be fairly straightforward for the cpu v cpu games as I'll just do results/table and perhaps a small goals round up for the week.

Ben suggested we remove Juventus as we already have 3 Italian teams which seems fair enough. So, which Spanish team to replace them?

Choices are

Real Madrid
Valencia
Atletico Madrid
Real Sociedad
Ath Bilbao
Celta Vigo

or shall we go left field and pick a team from a country we don't have represented yet?

possibilities....

Shakhtar Donetsk
Red Star/Partizan
FCSB (Steaua Bucharest)
Molde
Ferencvaros
Olympiakos
Ilves
Copenhagen/Brondby
Ludogorets/CSKA Sofia
RB Salzburg

I kind of like the idea of getting another country involved instead of all of the same old teams but what do you guys think? Actually we could choose 2 and remove Man City as we do currently have 5 English teams as two of our manager's have English teams of course.

What I thought would be a good idea as well is if at some stage another player wants to join and doesn't want to be one of the teams in the league (if we've already started) is they can pick any of the other teams and whichever CPU finishes lowest in Div 3 can get replaced by the new manager's team.

Also if anyone does want to join before we start (which is still some way off) they can pick who they like and we'll just replace one of the Div 3 teams.

Last edited:
World Youth League

Player Stats Season To Date.

I'm tinkering with the Season points as the season goes along (which was always the idea of the test league to find the sweet spot for them) and have done some adjustments on them. Here's how they look now for Attacking and Defending.

Atalanta leading the way as expected.Kulusevski absolutely at the top of his game at the moment. Also Nivokazi is right up there as well but hasn't quite played enough minutes to be included.
player att.JPG

The entire back 7 of Dinamo Zagreb are in the top 15!

player def.JPG

Keeper's stats. Interesting that Fasolino is down low on save % but made two incredible saves this week.
keepers.JPG

Sportelli topping the Interceptions table and his new CB partner Coppola well up on the list as well. Skipp also showing what a big miss he's going to be for Spurs with another 7 weeks out still. Sutalo, who came into the Zagreb team on week 3 is rapidly proving that to be a great decision.

Meanwhile two of Bayern's pass masters are high up on the table but they can't knock that man Kulusevski off the top.

player 1.JPG

player 2.JPG

Last edited:
@rockstrongo

@sniglet Cheers, I'll let you know if there is. It should be fairly straightforward for the cpu v cpu games as I'll just do results/table and perhaps a small goals round up for the week.

Ben suggested we remove Juventus as we already have 3 Italian teams which seems fair enough. So, which Spanish team to replace them?

Choices are

Real Madrid
Valencia
Atletico Madrid
Real Sociedad
Ath Bilbao
Celta Vigo

or shall we go left field and pick a team from a country we don't have represented yet?

possibilities....

Shakhtar Donetsk
Red Star/Partizan
FCSB (Steaua Bucharest)
Molde
Ferencvaros
Olympiakos
Ilves
Copenhagen/Brondby
Ludogorets/CSKA Sofia
RB Salzburg

I kind of like the idea of getting another country involved instead of all of the same old teams but what do you guys think? Actually we could choose 2 and remove Man City as we do currently have 5 English teams as two of our manager's have English teams of course.

What I thought would be a good idea as well is if at some stage another player wants to join and doesn't want to be one of the teams in the league (if we've already started) is they can pick any of the other teams and whichever CPU finishes lowest in Div 3 can get replaced by the new manager's team.

Also if anyone does want to join before we start (which is still some way off) they can pick who they like and we'll just replace one of the Div 3 teams.

RB Salzburg would get my vote. If we’re choosing two I’d add Bilbao just for the craic.

@rockstrongo

Choices are

Real Madrid
Valencia
Atletico Madrid
Real Sociedad
Ath Bilbao
Celta Vigo

possibilities....

Shakhtar Donetsk
Red Star/Partizan
FCSB (Steaua Bucharest)
Molde
Ferencvaros
Olympiakos
Ilves
Copenhagen/Brondby
Ludogorets/CSKA Sofia
RB Salzburg

Keeping it real with for instance Athletic Bilbao (only have Basque players would be cool)
But any Spanish team has my vote,Sociedad/A Madrid both should have good youth programs

OK Bilbao is definitely one then. And really it's only right that the only fair way to decide between Salzburg and Molde is for me to have them play off for the right to join the league in an all Cpu v Cpu battle. Call it the Div 4 (non league) Play off final! Result to follow :D

You're still very keen to get rid of City Ben :D:PP:LOL: But yes it is City who will go. :D

City buy player for their success. No academy graduate in their starting 11.
Our rival is a team waiting to win a league title for 30 years :BLEH:

The problem nowadays is the Premier teams grab all the young talent from anywhere remotely close to them (or abroad like Man City and Chelsea) and then most of the players gradually make their way down to the Championship and beyond. In the old days players would go through their local teams academy's and the best players would get bought by a bigger club giving the lower league clubs some valuable income.

When we were in league 2 we had several Premier league academy players on loan over the four years and frankly they were mostly shocking. We have a player now who we signed from Tottenham before last season. How on earth he was still at Tottenham at 21 I don't know. He can't even make it as a regular for us in League 1.

City buy player for their success. No academy graduate in their starting 11.
Our rival is a team waiting to win a league title for 30 years :BLEH:

:D Well, they're not going to be in the full league either, so you'll have to find a new rival. We could always add Leeds :CONFUSE: :LOL:

The play off has been played

it included this rather special goal...

and this rather unfortunate moment...

salz v mold.JPG

However in a cruel twist of fate that you couldn't possibly make up, Haland actually now plays for Salzburg! Thus putting his new team out of our League.:LMAO:

I've just seen that his dad is Roy Keane's old mate Alf Inge-Haland!

Our rival in WYL is Chelsea. As the list from Nick above, Chelsea have great academy player in their first team. No Leeds pls, mate.

If Haland is not in Molde, agree to leave Molde in our league. But please keep Haland in OF as free agent

Our Norwegian cousins did a job on Salzburg,can't say I weep for that shit club,sorry @sniglet I come across to hard on RB Salzburg,but they're all that is wrong with modern football,not going to elaborate on it,sorry for you since you've wanted them in,but for RB...good riddance!
Again,hope I didn't step on you by writing this mate

Our Norwegian cousins did a job on Salzburg,can't say I weep for that shit club,sorry @sniglet I come across to hard on RB Salzburg,but they're all that is wrong with modern football,not going to elaborate on it,sorry for you since you've wanted them in,but for RB...good riddance!
Again,hope I didn't step on you by writing this mate

All good, just read somewhere that they have a strong youth system! Happy to see Molde win the playoff :SNACK:

I know exactly what you mean Ricky, I read about that last year, never realised the full story.
Not only changing the colour of the clu,erasing it's long history before the takeover,banning supporters who voiced concerns,or even wore their old colours.
Then having a Kim Jong un approach for democracy within the club,it's a 51% club,but they don't allow members to vote etc.
Same thing with Leipzig.
I have no issues with RB New York (also a L Rodgers club...) Since it's a different system and a club from scratch.
But RB in Europe...no thank you

All good, just read somewhere that they have a strong youth system! Happy to see Molde win the playoff :SNACK:
They really do,and you're spot on there,didn't really realised that,same with Leipzig,they do work hard on that ,can't take that away,just the idea of the club itself.
Think Molde will have tough time though.

World Youth League

We have a few players unavailable due to suspension or injury this week

2 yellow cards - 1 game suspension for this week

@wildwind Cortinovis
@jihado86 Tillman
@sniglet Pavlak, Jankovic
@Flipper the Priest Kaloga

Existing Injuries
Skipp (Spurs) 7 weeks
Petrungaro (Torino) 5 weeks
Caqueret (Lyon) 1 week

New injuries
@Flipper the Priest Aouachria (Marseille) 2 weeks

Teams any time before Thursday evening please.

Some intriguing fixtures this week.

Porto take on Atalanta where something must give with Porto's 3 wins in a row up against Atalanta's 4. Atalanta will be missing Captain Marvel, Cortinovis through suspension, but do have Babbi and Traore available again.

Zagreb face a tricky away test at Tottenham, who were involved in the game of the season so far last week against Bayern. Can Baturina continue his goal run? Will Parrot start to score (or has he ceased to be?)

Lyon will hope to get back on track but face a Marseille side sure to have a reaction from last week's defeat by Atalanta.

Torino meanwhile could be meeting Bayern at exactly the wrong time. However Sportelli and Cappolo at the back will be looking to keep them at bay.

fixtures.JPG

im addressing @rockstrongo , i just reinstalled pes 2018 and i kinda find that the ai has varied approaches when attacking ,however, in master league, valencia become superhumans and everything is just at crazy pace and they become even more powerful than real madrid....how can i fix this issue??? my team spirit is 92 but even then, valencia are superhumans...it just doesn t feel right man

sorry for off-topic.... i keep hearing about we6's goodness...is there a link to get we6 /pes6 (for win7) or do i have to buy the disk?

[i tried installing my pes 5 from disc a good few months back but got errors]

thanks

im addressing @rockstrongo , i just reinstalled pes 2018 and i kinda find that the ai has varied approaches when attacking ,however, in master league, valencia become superhumans and everything is just at crazy pace and they become even more powerful than real madrid....how can i fix this issue??? my team spirit is 92 but even then, valencia are superhumans...it just doesn t feel right man
I play my Pes 18 on PA0 and Professional difficulty,if you go above that the CPU can get super human.
Which is why I don't go above Profesional for that game.
One option is to play pretty passive,don't chase it,cover runs etc ,then counter.
Pes 18 can be very frantic at times.
I had no issue playing TP/SS on 17 and 19,but not 18

sorry for off-topic.... i keep hearing about we6's goodness...is there a link to get we6 /pes6 (for win7) or do i have to buy the disk?

[i tried installing my pes 5 from disc a good few months back but got errors]

thanks

Here's all you need. Take your pick (there's absolutely loads of full patches), download any that you like the look of and install them. They all run as separate games.

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-6-global-patches-full-installers-by-sany.67651/

I play my Pes 18 on PA0 and Professional difficulty,if you go above that the CPU can get super human.
Which is why I don't go above Profesional for that game.
One option is to play pretty passive,don't chase it,cover runs etc ,then counter.
Pes 18 can be very frantic at times.
I had no issue playing TP/SS on 17 and 19,but not 18
Which do u prefer? 18 or 19?

Which do u prefer? 18 or 19?
I prefer 18 all day long.
Mainly because the ai is a lot better,shooting dribbling etc,mixing it up more.
I played a few games on 19 a few weeks back,apart from the CPU being overpowered when protecting the ball (backs turned outside my box) it was pretty good.
I'll probably try it out some more,I got a Rangers ML going there and it ok

I am playing both, the latest months. PES 2019 is like an eye-candy. It looks beautiful, it feels beautiful the first minutes of the match, the feel of control , the ball weight, the body-mass, but when the TopPlayer difficulty machine kicks-in, it becomes the most one-dimensional PES i have played. It just forces you to play a tap-in/one-touch contest, where you just spam the :x: button, until you get inside the penalty area to press :square: and score in an almost empty net. As i think @Madmac79 said, "it is more like a handball game". Any other gameplay approach just fails, the referee is supreme-biased, the CPU can make you a fatality and you are charged as offensive foul, your fellow teammates will crash on you, the most slow CB will catch-up your Mbappe, the CPU goalkeeper can float for ever, until he magnetically catches a knuckle-shot from your player. It has anything that can make you want to throw a controller on your TV screen (DESPITE ALL THESE, i still playing as a stubborn bi@tch, even if i don't enjoy it as much as i want, i still hope to win something from all this!). The biggest issue is that no matter your OPR and your TS, it seems as you never progress. I can tell you now in my current save i am Livingston in SPL, i have a 5-win streak , and i barely enjoyed one or two of my wins.

PES 2018 is what it is. A good control game, with super smooth transitions animations and much varied AI. It still has its flaws, like Haribo-candy bodies in collisions, extremely accurate passes and backheels, a little bit faster tempo, more cartoonish lighting. But at least if you can by-pass its flaws, it feels better for a ML run, i cheats less than 19 and it has a feeling of progress. It also allows you more playstyle mentalities than only tap-in, tap-in, tap-in. I can say that in my second season in my ML save here, i really enjoy my team, no matter i lose or i win.

To be honest, the only reasons i have not abandoned completely 19 for 18, is that i spent much more hours editing in 19, i almost have build my OF from scratch by my-self, except some kits i download from acknowledged OF community creators, and the more teams, more squad capacity limit (max 40 players), which helps my creativity and allows me arrange better the Free Agents. On 2018 most of my clubs are suffering as i have already filled them with 32 players, the old cap.

Finally for some damn unknown reason, despite 2019 is 200% more physical than 2018, and more fouls happen in matches, i find defending in 2018 more reliable than 2019! Can't explain this, but as your only weapon in 2018 to defend is either block a passing path or get yourself between opponent and ball with super-cancel, it seems to work better than 2019, where you can push with your body, or shield the ball. Although 2019 has more physical possibilities is seems that when the CPU wants you dead, none of these random events will happens, shielding, body checking etc.

2019 seems to have all the good elements in its core, but in the same time they cannot function to produce a good gameplay experience. Something similar happened to 2018 vs 2017 , before 2018's last DataPack.

P.S.: Both games i am on PA1, 10 minutes, TopPLAYER. The common flaw that share 2018 with 2019 , is the Unplayable Superstar level in MasterLeague. You are not even close to playing against teams based on stats. On superstar on both games you are playing constantly a ruthless cheating machine, either it is SPAL or Manchester City.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom