The Retro-PES Corner

Meanwhile I finished season 2 on my PES3 ML and conquered the league title - which will mean little or nothing really if we don't advance past the playoff stage. Ovchinnikov and Capucho have agreed to join Puerto for S3, so very soon I'll field in that all-Puerto starting-11 I've been dreaming of.

Here is the final of the Lews Cup 2017-2020...

Netherlands (Andy) v Southampton (Me)

It’s the full game because it is a good one but if you prefer to just see the score...

Netherlands 2 v Southampton 1
I don’t think Southampton deserved to lose, if only Ings didnt rush those chances.

Head to head, Andy 91 v Gary 88

Next up we will be playing Euro 2020.

well that was the most epic PES 3 match and then the worst moment ever lol..

Played Messina at home and I played so bad by HT they had 7 shots to my 0 and only GK and defending kept it 0-0 and in the second half Minanda scored a 65th minute half volley bottom corner from the edge of the box. Still playing badly I go down to 10 men when I give away a penalty

their player steps up I save it but the rebound falls straight to him so in desperation I slide in and snap his body in half..another penalty ffs then he gets taken off on a stretcher haha second penalty taker steps up i stand in the middle saved again! goes out for a corner I make no subs and all my players are dead (decent stamina system) I change formation to more defensive hold on till the final whistle for an epic 1-0 win

then the game crashes to desktop with Exception Code: c0000005 and my soul left my body... still heres a nice picture I took seconds before my game crashed of Minanda relieved and trying to walk off the pitch with 2 dead legs

View attachment 29935

Hello,
can you give me your files for PES 3 with Messina and other teams?
I am an Italian and I would like the series a 2003 2004 complete and if possible the series b, on this Pes

Netherlands 2 v Southampton 1
I don’t think Southampton deserved to lose, if only Ings didnt rush those chances.

Next up we will be playing Euro 2020.

It was inevitable, they are serial trophy dodgers ;) :)

That was incredible how it was so close in total games won over all that time. It must produce some brilliant games with you two being so evenly matched :)

PES3 ML: here's the final table of the D2 league:
l3Fai72.jpg

Jorge Costa is ready to lift the trophy:

8rW919i.jpg

The eternal Puerto captain, "O Bicho", is criminally underrated in this game with only 80 Defense when he should have at least 99 - yes, at least -, but still he's able to produce some spectacular defensive moments like this one:

-----
The promotion playoffs ended and...Puerto wins it and gets promoted! After two 2-0 wins, we clinch it and then grab our second loss of the season against Languedoc on the last playoff match, helping them stay in the D1 with that win.

----
Pre-Season 3 starts out better than expected as Puerto's able to bring back not just an entire starting-11 comprised of Puerto players, but...almost an entire roster of them! Thanks to our impressive collection of PES Points - augmented with the title win/promotion - and after selling some of the last few somewhat valuable defaults like Vornander and Valeny, we were able to build an actual Puerto team this time around.
As a result, I decided to release the dead-weights like Ivarov, Huylens, etc. who couldn't get transfer offers nor were valuable enough for trades; as well as most of our Growth Players collection: the likes of Leibniz, Lavisse, Van Gogh are out (I had even bought some of them in the beginning of this pre-season, so they stayed for like a couple of weeks in Puerto...).

GK: Ovchinnikov, Nuno Espírito Santo, KELSEN
CB: Jorge Andrade, Argel, João Manuel Pinto, Jorge Costa
SB: Secretário, Nuno Valente, Mário Silva
MDF: Peixe, Paredes, Ricardo Fernandes, MELO, MORAES (Growth Players), Deco, Marco Ferreira, Capucho, Cândido Costa
ST: Miklos Fehér, Jankauskas, Hélder Postiga

Only one ML default is left, as well as two (Portuguese) Growth Players. The only downside of this situation is that our PES Points account is a couple of hundred points over...0. So the pressure is on Puerto to win a lot in its first D1 participation come Season 3. And, despite having moved mountains and spent a lot of PES Pts on its roster, the fans don't really recognize this squad as a winning one, for Deco seems to be the only above-average football player in this collection.

It was inevitable, they are serial trophy dodgers ;) :)

That was incredible how it was so close in total games won over all that time. It must produce some brilliant games with you two being so evenly matched :)

Yes we do have some brilliant games and i do think it is quite unique how it is so close.
You may have noticed in the clips that my brother plays with constant attack mentality high and I normally play it on medium and change it depending on the situation. Now if that was the CPU with constant high mentality then i would probably moan how unrealistic it is, but it works well in our games. Also, i will tend to stick to the ’default’ formation to mix it up a bit but he will pick his favourite each time.

I guess it has something to do with my obsession with the game whereas my brother only plays it (so he says) when we meet up.

So now we are onto the Euro 2020.

Here are the groups.

Group A - Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland
Group B - Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia
Group C - Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria, Slovenia (as the other play off teams are not in the game and Slovenia got to the semi final of our competition that we just finished)
Group D - England, Croatia, Czech, Scotland (we picked these ahead of other play off teams as we wanted the rivalry with England)
Group E - Spain, Sweden, Poland, Ireland (again we picked them as a rival to England)
Group F - Germany, France, Portugal, Romania (we randomly picked Romania in the group of death)

Here is the first match...

Wales (me) v Switzerland (bro)

Wales 1 Switzerland 2 (Gary 0 Andy 1) Moore already with the miss of the tournament as it was a poor start for Bale and Wales. They will have it all to do against Italy and Turkey

Hi All,

Has been a while. Just been busy with life but I've picked up again with this mod. Here is the latest progress video.

As you can see, the mod is mainly to capture the 1988-1989 season. It will contain 80's references and include Champions League campaign videos. This video shows one of the campaign videos as an example.

At the moments, the players from the 80's have not been imported in this build, but the final release will include this.

@josev: If you're willing to ignore the fact that the game only has one stadium, and sometimes lags a bit when there's many players in the box, PES08 is definitely the best. Any subsequent PES (2009 to 14) is more arcade-y - though a lot of fun still - but has better off-the-pitch content: BaL, a few (albeit small) ML improvements, Copa Libertadores, Champions League, World Player, etc.

Haven't been on here for a while as I've been pretty occupied grinding out some WC 2010 episodes. I'll link them at the bottom.

Something that stuck to me while playing Retro PES competitions is how Konami never really evolved the tournament setup or customisation each year.

I would annually pull my hair out when i'd pick up the new game, Try to start an African Cup or Copa America only to learn they forbid you from playing with the actual Group>Knockout Stage format. There's even more than 16 teams in later games yet you're still restricted to the lopsided seeded knockout bracket.

Yes you could always do Konami Cup but back before PC patches and mods, You were limited to the fantasy cup models per region. I always wanted to lift that massive South American trophy with Brazil, The hard way; By earning your crust in the group and laying it all on the line in the dramatic displays of the elimination rounds. There's only so many times you could look at that damn Konami Cup award and if you're playing PES 6, The Reebok Cup as it was romantically named.

But the lack of customisation certainly strikes a nerve. FIFA 06 allows you to at least designate a venue for the final before you start the competition, Something i longed for in PES before the advent of kitserver. What are some of your thoughts gents?

Anyway, I think i'm a couple of episodes behind, So here's the Quarter Finals & The Semi Finals and The Goal of the Tournament episodes in the spoilers. The Grande Finale is airing on Sunday!

We are down to the last 8! 4 of which are former World Champions France, Brazil, Argentina & England as well as "underachievers" Holland, World Cup surprise packages; USA and African representatives Cameroon!

It's The Final Four! Goal machines France take on Africa's last hope of making history in their own back yard; Cameroon and it's the essence of football rivalry - Argentina vs Brazil in the second Semi Final.

It's up to you - The viewers to vote for the best goal of The 2010 World Cup! 24 Goals to choose from, Simply comment below the goal (eg: Goal A) and i'll count up all the votes by Saturday and the winning goal will be featured in Sunday's World Cup Final episode!

thanks guys. i remember 2008 was my first pes for psp as a teenager, one of the pes games ive played the most. seen it mentioned here before too, so i'm gonna try it again now. i also got pes 5 to try for psp, will be interesting to see how that compares to 2008 and ps2\pc pes 5, though it's even more limited than 2008 in terms of content, e.g. no wide camera. but i don't really care about it cause i'm mostly interested in a quick game here and there, i have 5, 6, 11, 13 and 17 on my pc for my serious pes gaming sessions lol

I would annually pull my hair out when i'd pick up the new game, Try to start an African Cup or Copa America only to learn they forbid you from playing with the actual Group>Knockout Stage format. There's even more than 16 teams in later games yet you're still restricted to the lopsided seeded knockout bracket.

Yes you could always do Konami Cup but back before PC patches and mods, You were limited to the fantasy cup models per region. I always wanted to lift that massive South American trophy with Brazil, The hard way; By earning your crust in the group and laying it all on the line in the dramatic displays of the elimination rounds. There's only so many times you could look at that damn Konami Cup award and if you're playing PES 6, The Reebok Cup as it was romantically named.

That's something that always bothered me to no end as well. I remember with fondness the qualify stages in the old games like Kceo Iss or even old Fifas, yet in all the Pes era I hardly rememeber them giving it any attention. I would have loved to death to have something so iconical on Pes 3 or even on one of the PS3 era. Ironically after We10 they started to put in qualifiers and call ups management modes again in the "old gen" Ps2 versions (alternating between Euros and Internationals, never both iirc) but they still completely, inexplicably neglected it in the "next gen" ones indeed. Meh.

Anyway, Pes 2010 looks incredibly good in your videos, can't play much if anything at the moment but after briefly trying it again myself time ago it's surely on my retake wish list.

I used to love playing the custom cup with my 3 of my friends on iss deluxe the ps1 version it was basically a mini world cup vs each other and the AI

I would always pick Argentina playing 5 3 2 with a sweeper but the best player out of us was my friend who picked always Holland it was always me vs him in the final or semis I could never get the better of him he used to be able to make that game do things that didnt seem possible he was genius on it lol

I miss that challenge when playing a football game these days I'd spend the whole group stage and early ko rounds preparing to face him and watching his matches studying how he played he was just unbeatable in the end but anyway that was such a good game for it's time the commentator was legendary too

"he must have shares in a glue factory he is sticking to.....ENGLAND"

"My grandmother could have saved that one"

And the eternal "goal??? GOOALLLLLL"

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Sany023, post: 3487298, membro: 213690"]
C'è una regola su Warez sul forum. Dobbiamo supportare lo sviluppatore.
[/ CITAZIONE]

Ok, scusa, non lo so

Hi All,

Has been a while. Just been busy with life but I've picked up again with this mod. Here is the latest progress video.
As you can see, the mod is mainly to capture the 1988-1989 season. It will contain 80's references and include Champions League campaign videos. This video shows one of the campaign videos as an example.

At the moments, the players from the 80's have not been imported in this build, but the final release will include this.
jajabin is that your video? Looks deleted because of music copyright's. Can you re-upload to other place? I really wonder and wants to watch it

I used to love playing the custom cup with my 3 of my friends on iss deluxe the ps1 version it was basically a mini world cup vs each other and the AI

I would always pick Argentina playing 5 3 2 with a sweeper but the best player out of us was my friend who picked always Holland it was always me vs him in the final or semis I could never get the better of him he used to be able to make that game do things that didnt seem possible he was genius on it lol

I miss that challenge when playing a football game these days I'd spend the whole group stage and early ko rounds preparing to face him and watching his matches studying how he played he was just unbeatable in the end but anyway that was such a good game for it's time the commentator was legendary too

"he must have shares in a glue factory he is sticking to.....ENGLAND"

"My grandmother could have saved that one"

And the eternal "goal??? GOOALLLLLL"

OHHH 1:25...THE BLOODY coin toss....How many years must pass, to have it back again. Big part of the ISS-era, never implemented on PES-era...
I Remember my first "mature" posts back in 2004-2005...When the games seemed perfect, i was constantly requesting in wish-list threads, to add Coin toss and snow back. Snow at least, came back on PES 6 or 5???? :ROLL: , only to left us again later, and come back again on 2019!!.. Coin-toss never came back!!! :(

Back
Top Bottom