The Retro-PES Corner

Nope lol

I was using the pesfan editor and the in-game editor, but oh well.

I gave up because I didn't want to have like Sadio Mane playing for Togo and stuff like that.

Idk what I'm gonna do next but I'll take a time to think about what to do.

You remind me of myself some years ago when I was going back and forth between different games and I finally settled with one. I think you may be best to just pick one of the PES5 or 6 patches that are already complete and just enjoy playing the game. Otherwise you can spend so much time editing etc... and then not really enjoying it ;)

Last edited:
You remind me of myself some years ago when I was going back and forth between different games and I finally settled with one. I think you may be best to just pick one of the PES5 or 6 patches that are already complete and just enjoy playing the game. Otherwise you can spend so much time editing etc... and then not really enjoying it ;)

Thanks for understanding what I'm going through man, it feels good to know that someone else knows what I feel :)
I will probably just do that, but still don't know if I should choose PES 5 or PES 6.
You see, PES 5 is a game I really like, but I always keep deleting it and going back to PES 6, a game I have been playing since May 2018 and I'm really confortable with.

Update on the OF:

I changed some parts of the plan.
Since there are 140 clubs in the game, I decided to have 72 south american clubs and 68 european clubs, that way anyone can play the Master League in any way they want. So, you can do a full south american ML or you can do a ML with all of the european clubs (and 4 south american teams lol) if you prefer.

The 16 teams from the 2020 Uruguayan First Division
8 teams from the 2020 Uruguayan Second Division
16 teams from the Argentinian League
16 teams from the Brazilian League
16 teams outside of Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil, who played the 2020 Copa Libertadores

The 32 teams who played the 2020/21 UEFA Champions League group stage
36 other teams such as Leeds, Tottenham, Bayer Leverkusen, etc.

I got some kits done for the european clubs (I got them from another awesome option file for this season)
View attachment 81207

There are some european teams who still don't have their crest, those ones I will have to take from another OF.

Aah the old Stockholm arena (Råsunda) got some pretty good/bad/nasty and fierce memories from that stadium,all derbies were played there due to security.
Love/hate stadium.
Like having three tiers on one of the ends packed with with 12000 friends!

Aah the old Stockholm arena (Råsunda) got some pretty good/bad/nasty and fierce memories from that stadium,all derbies were played there due to security.
Love/hate stadium.
Like having three tiers on one of the ends packed with with 12000 friends!

Oh the Råsunda is gone? What a bummer lol

Thanks for understanding what I'm going through man, it feels good to know that someone else knows what I feel :)
I will probably just do that, but still don't know if I should choose PES 5 or PES 6.
You see, PES 5 is a game I really like, but I always keep deleting it and going back to PES 6, a game I have been playing since May 2018 and I'm really confortable with.

That’s ok sampa, i think whatever you choose you should stick with it even if your ML is poor for a few seasons. Once your team starts to improve and things start clicking it can be really satisfying especially if you gradually build the team.

I have been struggling with my ML the last few games. We were looking like promotion candidates being 5 points clear in 2nd place but now after 4 games without a win we have dropped to 3rd :(

I remember how, in real life, Man Utd knocked Legia Warsaw out in the semis. My two best mates at school were amused by the name Legia (with it being a foreign, unfamiliar word and us being about nine or ten years old and easily amused), calling each other 'Legia man'. I only had the most fleeting knowledge that there was a football club called Legia Warsaw, but the word 'Legia' was a great source of amusement!

Was there in 2010 for a Scotland game. We wore yellow and Sweden blue. This would've been a mind fuck if you were sober. And we, sir, were not.
You being sober?
Naah never in doubt mate.

Always love playing Denmark for a few reason,but mainly,when being a TV supporter it always reads Swe-Den on the scoreboard.

Always had good interactions with Scots when going to football games or meeting them elsewhere,same thing with Northern Ireland.
So pissed that I didn't watch NI - Sweden at the old Windsor park back in 06-08 ish.
Such a racket at that old ground.
Very rarely go and see my country,always been a club guy first and foremost

That’s ok sampa, i think whatever you choose you should stick with it even if your ML is poor for a few seasons. Once your team starts to improve and things start clicking it can be really satisfying especially if you gradually build the team.

I have been struggling with my ML the last few games. We were looking like promotion candidates being 5 points clear in 2nd place but now after 4 games without a win we have dropped to 3rd :(

Thanks man.

I decided to go with PES 5. But, I don't know of a good patch for the 2005/06 season.

The FLS patch is good but it has some problems with compatibility and it f*cks up the game when on fullscreen. I know how to change the kload file but whenever I do that it tells me I don't have the permision to do that.

Then there's the PES 5 Original Season Patch:

I think it's installed as a separate game and I don't want to have a patch as a separate game lol.

The poor run continues, Aston Villa in both the league and the 1st of the EFL Cup semi final.

Suddenly after scoring easily we are struggling to score. Down to 3rd place now and also may be out the cup in the next leg :(

Next up we have our nemesis, Leeds, and they are top. I cannot mess around with this so we will probably go 4-3-3.
Does anybody have any tips on stopping players from 'hanging back' when you are attacking? I use all the attack and defence arrows but does not always work. Maybe it is the player's Attack or Aggression stat that affects forward runs.

Thanks man.

I decided to go with PES 5. But, I don't know of a good patch for the 2005/06 season.

The FLS patch is good but it has some problems with compatibility and it f*cks up the game when on fullscreen. I know how to change the kload file but whenever I do that it tells me I don't have the permision to do that.

Then there's the PES 5 Original Season Patch:

I think it's installed as a separate game and I don't want to have a patch as a separate game lol.
You need to go to Windows Start/search and type "notepad" find the notepad icon then open with right click/run as administrator.
Then copy the command lines from the original kload file and close it.
Paste them in your opened as administrator notepad.
Make the changes you want and press save as, then browse to your kitserver and click on the old kload file. (from where you copied the code) It will ask you to replace it, press yes and you are finished ;)

You need to go to Windows Start/search and type "notepad" find the notepad icon then open with right click/run as administrator.
Then copy the command lines from the original kload file and close it.
Paste them in your opened as administrator notepad.
Make the changes you want and press save as, then browse to your kitserver and click on the old kload file. (from where you copied the code) It will ask you to replace it, press yes and you are finished ;)

Well thank you Mr. Lifesaver!

I will give that a try and let you know if it works.

@slamsoze @sampa543 Either that or just drag the kload.cfg file to the desktop, edit and save then drag it back into the folder. Bloody windows and its permissions! You need permission. No I don't it's my f*ing computer!
Yeah damn windows.
My personal PC with 2 profiles, being in my main profile with admin privileges, and it didn't let me even drag the file to desktop. Read a lot topics about the case. They said avoid my documents, avoid /C and whatever destination that needs special admin privileges.

Fun part is, even if I spammed all the settings, advanced settings and clicked "use always as admim" option, it still did not allow me do a thing.

Then I found this workaround through Start.

Most ridiculous, I tried in my crap PC at work, a Lenovo all in 1,Windows 7 without any update and it let me drag and drop the file in desktop. I doubt anyone messed anytime to setup administrator permissions.

It makes me really wonder, if those permissions have ever worked as it should be.

And another question I have. Was there ever a time for anyone, that did choose that "he wants the Windows to find the solution for him" and Windows did really find a working solution?

Last edited:
I remember how, in real life, Man Utd knocked Legia Warsaw out in the semis. My two best mates at school were amused by the name Legia (with it being a foreign, unfamiliar word and us being about nine or ten years old and easily amused), calling each other 'Legia man'. I only had the most fleeting knowledge that there was a football club called Legia Warsaw, but the word 'Legia' was a great source of amusement!

I wonder how you pronounced it. :) Leh-gya is the way it's pronounced in Polish.

My new project - Winning Eleven 5 Final Evolution in HD and widescreen:

won the cup again and the d2 league the second season, won the d1 cup and got second behind arsenal after a surprise hot run mid season first time around in the premier league!

cleaned up the squad as intended, played some old players and then sold as many as possible, for two decided to just not renew the contract, mainly bought solid players from english teams below in the wefa ranking if possible young, have 9 norwich players still in the squad two of them are keepers and two play first team, a radical change was needed and now norwich is there where it belongs, a force to be reckoned with! :D

here some goodie for the boois
tops.gif

for more info feel free i can post more infos if needed, usually not my thing to share i just play you know haha

I wonder how you pronounced it. :) Leh-gya is the way it's pronounced in Polish.

We pronounce it Lee-Jer! We did briefly experiment with Leg-Ear but settled on the former :P At last, I know how it should be pronounced.

Pro Evo 1! I was mightily impressed when I first played this; it was on a demo CD for my PS2, which I bought in late 2002 after I finished my first proper temporary job after uni. I spent a few months waiting to start a new job, in the meantime enjoying the beauty of the full game and playing it at a mate's house too. Beautiful game graphically, with a great intro and lovely music and sound effects through out (alright, the commentary was laughable but I even had a fondness for that!). Having grown up playing things like Kick Off and Sensible Soccer on our Amiga, and then later FIFA 98 on the PC when I went to uni, I had only had a hint of what console football offered from playing arcade games in the 90s; fun if unrealistic gameplay and beautiful, highly colourful graphics. Playing Pro Evo for the first time, I discovered the slick presentation of those sorts of games along with a gameplay that was more mature and realistic than anything I had ever seen, as well as being great fun.

Although recognisably an old game, it still looks fantastic in your video, not to mention highly playable. What a great job they did with it! I eventually sold my PS2 when moving house some years back, but if I had kept Pro Evo 1 and 3 (skipped 2, I think I bought FIFA 2002 instead) then I might have kept my PS2. The later Pro Evos never quite had the magic and excellent polish for me, nor did I have the patience for their ever increasing load times when I could just buy the improving PC variants, but naturally when moving onto the next season's offering I got rid of my older Pro Evo games.

Last edited:

We pronounce it Lee-Jer! We did briefly experiment with Leg-Ear but settled on the former :P At last, I know how it should be pronounced.

Pro Evo 1! I was mightily impressed when I first played this; it was on a demo CD for my PS2, which I bought in late 2002 after I finished my first proper temporary job after uni. I spent a few months waiting to start a new job, in the meantime enjoying the beauty of the full game and playing it at a mate's house too. Beautiful game graphically, with a great intro and lovely music and sound effects through out (alright, the commentary was laughable but I even had a fondness for that!). Having grown up playing things like Kick Off and Sensible Soccer on our Amiga, and then later FIFA 98 on the PC when I went to uni, I had only had a hint of what console football offered from playing arcade games in the 90s; fun if unrealistic gameplay and beautiful, highly colourful graphics. Playing Pro Evo for the first time, I discovered the slick presentation of those sorts of games along with a gameplay that was more mature and realistic than anything I had ever seen, as well as being great fun.

Although recognisably an old game, it still looks fantastic in your video, not to mention highly playable. What a great job they did with it! I eventually sold my PS2 when moving house some years back, but if I had kept Pro Evo 1 and 3 (skipped 2, I think I bought FIFA 2002 instead) then I might have kept my PS2. The later Pro Evos never quite had the magic and excellent polish for me, nor did I have the patience for their ever increasing load times when I could just buy the improving PC variants, but naturally when moving onto the next season's offering I got rid of my older Pro Evo games.

Running the risk of pitchforks, I find it increasingly more difficult to put down the pre-PES4 games. I love the slower build up that's enforced upon you. PES(1) doesn't get the plaudits it deserves. There's so much variety in the goals, before long range shots had been cheapened but after pace was toned down and you could no longer simply sprint to victory.

And those stadiums. Still takes me back, just seeing them. Works of art. While the on-pitch graphics were a huge step up from the PS1, off the field it was on another planet. Seemed almost photo-realistic by comparison.

So after a run of poor games we have a huge game against Leeds.
The top of the table looks like this at the moment with 5 games left.

1. Leeds 23
2. Brighton 17
3. Southend 17
4. Bournemouth 15

@geeeeee What a signing Sargent has turned out to be! Convincing him to come from Werder to ML D2 for regular football was obviously a masterstroke. :D Looked him up on wiki, he had a hell of a record for USA u17. Although, Mexico aside, you have to wonder at the quality of the opposition in that region.

@mattmid :LOL: he has always wanted to be beside the seaside. Actually he was a free agent (although I still had to pay for him) in my ML as I didn't pick Werder to be in it.

He started off brilliant but then had a bit of a goal drought. Those two goals against Leeds were his first for a while. I think I mentioned earlier how one of the things I love about retro PES' is how you can buy gems and not realise it until they start playing.

Here is a little youtube video of him in real life:

After that impressive win against Leeds the top of the table looks like this with 4 games left:

1. Leeds 23
2. Southend 20
3. Bournemouth 18
4. Brighton 17

Next game is at home to Bournemouth...and Leeds at home to Brighton.

The ball physics on that first goal...:APPLAUD:

Last edited:
After that impressive win against Leeds the top of the table looks like this with 4 games left:

1. Leeds 23
2. Southend 20
3. Bournemouth 18
4. Brighton 17

Next game is at home to Bournemouth...and Leeds at home to Brighton.

The ball physics on that first goal...:APPLAUD:

You're almost there! If your results favour you in the next two matches you will already secure promotion so good luck.
And let's hope Leeds underperforms so you win the title as well lol.

You're almost there! If your results favour you in the next two matches you will already secure promotion so good luck.
And let's hope Leeds underperforms so you win the title as well lol.

Yes hopefully we will make it. I’m finding the games really nerve racking now.

Our next match is in the semi final of the EFL Cup against Aston Villa. The 1st leg was 2-3 to Villa so they have the away goal advantage. I will post highlights soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom