The Retro-PES Corner

By using "D-Line control", High Aggression stats for the defenders and setting the Pressure and Offside Trap settings to (A) I think I've managed to capture Total Football, just look at the radar to see the close lines of the Dutch team, and Germay still won...:PP

Plz lien for your patch
simply cannot wait! knowing your work i know it will be tremendous ;)
🙏 plz lien for your patch classic 🎮🎯

NOTE: Those who have some experience with editing previous versions of Pro Evolution Soccer or Winning Eleven, know that every team used to have kit slots in 0_text.afs. In PES6, however, only "licensed" teams have the slots, which makes it pretty much impossible to import kits for "unlicensed" teams by editing the AFS
Sounds like it's impossible to have all teams with actual kits on PS2 from PES6 onwards :(

Thanks! Although the result wasn't quite as favourable this time around... :LOL:

Yeah lmao
Btw it was generally really good and I would 100% download the patch if my PC could support patches, although I noticed one tiny detail that wasn't really accurate but it's not that big of a problem since there's no option to fix it lmao.

Hector "el manco" Castro had one hand missing. His nickname "manco" was because of it, since the word "manco" is the spanish word for "one-armed" or "one-handed". I think he lost his hand on a factory accident.

But like I said, it's not that big of a deal, plus it's kinda impossible to fix that inaccuracy since there's no option to remove limbs lmao

I so wanted the Pathe news man to start speaking over that.

Couple of things you could try...

In the kitserver folder rename the DAT folder (just put an x in front of the name or something) Start the game, don't worry about how it looks if some graphics seem different because some of the changes are probably in those DAT folders that kitserver now isn't reading because it's been renamed. Try to go to the calendar and see if the game crashes. If it doesn't then we've narrowed it down to a file in the DAT folders.

If it does still crash then uninstall kitserver and run the game and see if it crashes now or not.

Make sure you test the DAT folder first otherwise that won't be tested separately.

Hopefully one of those two will stop the crash then it's something that can be tracked down.

If changing the DAT folder name stopped the crash then rename it to DAT, open it and change the name of the folders inside one at time (just add the x at the front of the name or something). After you change each one run the game and see if it crashes. This way you can find out which folder is causing it if it stops crashing when one folder in particular is renamed.

If you get to that stage then rename the problem folder, open it and move all the files out and the put them back a few at a time (or one at a time if there's only a few) and restart the game each time.

I just did what you have told me to and it works. the problem was a file called "unknow_00679.opd" in "kitserver\dat\0_text.afs". thank you very much!
there is a way to replace this file and solve the problem, now that I know which file cause the crash?

@Milan AC Glad it worked :) I'm not sure what that file is, I'm guessing something to do with the calendar graphics seeing as that's where you were getting the crash.

It's only replacing the original PES6 file anyway so it's no problem as that original default file will be in the main game DAT folder inside the 0_text.afs file. You having removed that unknow_00679.opd file from the kitserver/dat/0_text.afs folder won't cause any problems.

You could ask whoever made the patch I guess, maybe they replaced it with a new one if they knew it was crashing the game.

@Milan AC Glad it worked :) I'm not sure what that file is, I'm guessing something to do with the calendar graphics seeing as that's where you were getting the crash.

It's only replacing the original PES6 file anyway so it's no problem as that original default file will be in the main game DAT folder inside the 0_text.afs file. You having removed that unknow_00679.opd file from the kitserver/dat/0_text.afs folder won't cause any problems.

You could ask whoever made the patch I guess, maybe they replaced it with a new one if they knew it was crashing the game.
Yes, I just removed this file from the Kitserver/dat/0_text.afs folder and it does not appear to be causing issues and I do not need a replacement.
For months I have been trying to solve this problem, thanks to you it has been solved
So really really thank you very much and wish you the best in the world :)

I guess what it really is (unknow_00679.opd) - it made the calendar graphics of Champions League in CUP mode look nice and diffrent (like real), and I really never had a crash with this file in this mode (but all other leagues and ML not), now that I open the Champions League in CUP mode it looks like default:( 😅

Last edited:
Yes, I just removed this file from the Kitserver/dat/0_text.afs folder and it does not appear to be causing issues and I do not need a replacement.
For months I have been trying to solve this problem, thanks to you it has been solved
So really really thank you very much and wish you the best in the world :)

I guess what it really is (unknow_00679.opd) - it made the calendar graphics of Champions League in CUP mode look nice and diffrent (like real), and I really never had a crash with this file in this mode (but all other leagues and ML not), now that I open the Champions League in CUP mode it looks like default:( 😅

You're welcome :)

Group D Fixture 3

Czech v England (me)
Croatia v Scotland (me)

England have already qualified even if they drop to third they will get through as one of the fourth best 3rd placed teams. Czech and Scotland are fighting it out for 2nd place. Croatia could still get 3rd or even 2nd with a big goal swing.

D2.jpg

Once again matches are shown separately but include goal updates from the opposite game as they would normally be played at the same time.

Scotland were in 2nd place for a time until Czech took a surprise lead against England. Scotland should still qualify in 3rd place though. Very disappointing tournament from Croatia having not scored a single goal.

One thing that I have noticed is that when the CPU has a direct free kick it is beginning to cross the ball instead of taking a direct shot. This is happening even though it is only 20-25 yards out. I only saw it sometimes in ML which is good because it is an element of surprise but it is happening quite a lot in this tournament that i am playing. Maybe it has something to do with the adaptive AI and the CPU is playing crosses in because it is not scoring many direct free kicks. I wonder if it would make a difference if I took control of the team when the CPU wins a free kick, I pick the free kick taker, and then change control to the CPU again.

I know I am almost the only person that plays this game on this forum, so can any one tell me if this happens in any other PES' that they are playing?

@geeeeee Captured Stones nicely on that Czech goal! :LOL: I can't say I've ever noticed it in any other one that I've played. Certainly worth trying what you said about changing the taker and seeing if they do something different.

I really have to get round to sorting out the ps2 emulator and giving this ps2 pes2008 a proper go.

@geeeeee Captured Stones nicely on that Czech goal! :LOL: I can't say I've ever noticed it in any other one that I've played. Certainly worth trying what you said about changing the taker and seeing if they do something different.

I really have to get round to sorting out the ps2 emulator and giving this ps2 pes2008 a proper go.

:LOL: i thought the same thing. Also the first goal Walker headed the ball straight to Schick. Typical of both of them really.

It would be good to get your opinion on it matt ;)

What are you playing now? Or have you got any PES projects going?

Kinda wish Ronaldo decided to chip this one into the box! Probably the best AI Freekick I’ve conceded. Although Ivarov probably shouldn’t be beaten from this range.

sorry @geeeeee I meant to reply to your post but I’m finding it really difficult to operate on here with my phon at the moment. I wanted to ask what OF you’re using for 2008? I’ve been meaning to play this one soon. I’ve not given it a good go for a while now. Thank you 👍

@geeeeee I'm kind of undecided what to do editing wise. I've started a couple of different things but I'm lacking the motivation for it at the moment. Perhaps I need to get this PES2008 thing organised and start playing it. Do you know how it works option file wise. For instance can I download your one then put it in one of the folders within the emulator and it will use it? If I can do that it would be great because I could start a ML :) Assuming you can save within the emulator of course.

Kinda wish Ronaldo decided to chip this one into the box! Probably the best AI Freekick I’ve conceded. Although Ivarov probably shouldn’t be beaten from this range.

sorry @geeeeee I meant to reply to your post but I’m finding it really difficult to operate on here with my phon at the moment. I wanted to ask what OF you’re using for 2008? I’ve been meaning to play this one soon. I’ve not given it a good go for a while now. Thank you 👍

Those kind of sideways saves used to bug the shit out of me.

If it was my keeper...

Hey nice PES United modern logo, did you create it yourself?

Hey nice PES United modern logo, did you create it yourself?
You know what. I find PES United Logo is now too far from football logo, it is more like a Star Trek banner, IMHO.
What I would prefer more is the default logo of ML United.

But neither KONAMI redesigned it, nor someone from The community, in a higher resolution.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412_083856_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412_083856_com.android.chrome.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 9
I have a bit of an issue here

I am trying to create a 100% fictional option file in PES 6 with no real clubs and no real players (except for Adriano since he's the player who appears in the menu of the game, I was planning to make him an unlockable player).

My plan was to create 100 16 color crests by hand, and then replace the unlicensed team logos with other unlicensed logos, to create fully invented clubs.

My problem with PES 6 is: there are 139 clubs and 18 of them are the annoying empty "Other Leagues C" teams with the exact same crests with different colors. This is kind of a problem because there are only 100 available spots for edited crests, meaning there would be only for licensed clubs, only a bit of unlicensed clubs. Meaning there would be clubs with basically the same crest which is kind of annoying.

Because of this I considered making the OF for WE9 since there are more unlicensed logos options because of the unlicensed french, german and other teams. Meaning there would be also less licensed clubs to create a crest for by hand.

But I intended this OF to be for PES 6 since it's my confort and preferred game, and the whole point of the OF was to have a different experience on my favourite game.

I am kind of in a dilemma here. Although there is the option of use the Other Leagues C team crests to create some sort of branded partenered clubs, just like the real life Red Bull clubs.

I really don't know, but oh well, any suggestions are welcome.

WE7i is proving pretty damn hard. I'm playing on 4*. Somehow the defending AI fights tooth and nail, blocking shots with insane reaction, they can touch my players for a moment and sure enough my players will get pushed off the ball regardless of balance stats. The through pass in this game is useless

But there is something appealing in this game that makes it near impossible to put the controller down. It's similar to PES 5/WE9LE without the good through pass and annoying foul calls

Last edited:
@sampaauf You could just make 72 teams to make it a Master League OF. That way you can still make players for all the other teams so that they are available in ML but you only have to make 72 actual teams.
Hey that's actually not a bad idea, and I think it's actually better than what I had planned because if I made 139 clubs I would have only used 72 of them meaning I would have made 67 clubs in vain... So if I do that it will actually be better so thanks! Plus I would have 28 crest spots available so that would be another huge win

WE7i is proving pretty damn hard. I'm playing on 4*. Somehow the defending AI fights tooth and nail, blocking shots with insane reaction, they can touch my players for a moment and sure enough my players will get pushed off the ball regardless of balance stats. The through pass in this game is useless

But there is something appealing in this game that makes it near impossible to put the controller down. It's similar to PES 5/WE9LE without the good through pass and annoying foul calls

What version of WE7I are you playing (and do you have a link)? Is it any different than PES3? I recently got back into PES3 and am enjoying it.

Hi @Shales no worries matey. I use my own option file, here is the link https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/gees-pes2008-ps2-psp-option-file-20-21.85549/ I release updates about every month too because I still have some faces to edit and I like keeping the player's stats up to date. The good thing is that any updates do not affect a ML if you start one.

@geeeeee I'm kind of undecided what to do editing wise. I've started a couple of different things but I'm lacking the motivation for it at the moment. Perhaps I need to get this PES2008 thing organised and start playing it. Do you know how it works option file wise. For instance can I download your one then put it in one of the folders within the emulator and it will use it? If I can do that it would be great because I could start a ML :) Assuming you can save within the emulator of course.

That's understandable because it takes so much time and effort. Hopefully you will find some project to do. Actually it's probably just best to play the game and enjoy it rather than do all that editing again.

Regarding 2008, being honest Matt I am not too sure because I use a PS2, sorry :(

I think Migs is the man to speak to. If you are still able to contact him ;)

Next up in the EUROs is the final matches in Group E.

Sweden v Poland (me)

Slovakia (me) v Spain

Here is the table so far...

E2.jpg

Take your pick :)

Last edited:
@geeeeee I got around to downloading it all and got PES2008 working fine on the emulator. Now just to work out where to put the OF. I'm thinking probably in the memory saves folder and then go to import OF in the game, then do a save. We shall see! All being well that will work and I can start a ML.

I had time to play one exhibition game and I liked it. Felt like the real continuation of PES6. :)

That is great news @mattmid :)

Bear in mind that I find the original game a bit fast. I use global adjustments (shown on the option file thread) which to me makes it better.

I really hope you like it. And be honest Matt if you don’t like it let me know, I know that the majority don’t but I like to be different :P

Also I noticed the other day on my option file that I had Tomislav Juric as Australian playing for Australia when he is Croatian :LOL: I will up date that when I upload the new file.

Back
Top Bottom