The return of Sven

Ad16

Premiership
13 November 2006
Well, he's back. According the Sky, Sven-Göran Eriksson is the new manager of Manchester City.

When are peoples views? Is there still animosity toward that dastardly Swede?

Personally, I've never been a his biggest fan, as I'm sure is the case with many. However, I think he can do a good job at City. We all know that before the England debacle he proved to be a very successful club manager.

His record with England was actually really good, but obviously the tabloids don't care about that; they want affairs and scandal to report.

I even heard at one point on Sky Sports that he has the best England management record since Sir Alf Ramsey - don't know if that's true but I wouldn't doubt it.

I think he will do a great job for Man City, if it turns out to be true. Well, he can't do a worse job than Pearce, at least...

He's not known for his attacking football though and that's City's problem. Also, for England he had Beckham, Gerrard, Terry, Cole, etc playing aginst the shit of Europe in most games. He should have a good record. Can't see him doing anything myself as I don't rate him.

Back
Top Bottom