The Shield

tobi

"Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose."
5 August 2005
Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
I urge everyone to watch this awesome, awesome show and spread the word, its the best cop show on TV period, you will not be disappointed i guarantee it.

I'm giving the show more promo than those ******* over at five.

Last edited:
Re: The Shield season 6 - Friday, June 29 - 11pm - Five

This is a show I have always wanted to get into, yet it has constantly passed me by.

I'll try and make the effort to catch this season, and hope that missing most of the previous 5 isn't too detrimental.

Last edited:

someone replied, i'm honored.

seriously though, you should able to pick up straight away, naturally knowing what happened in previous seasons would help but you'll still enjoy it.

I have never been inclined to agree with anything tobi has posted before on the forums but I agree with him on this one. Its one of the top tv shows ever

:)

Don't want to spoil but season 6 was as good as the others, maybe more. But you already knew that :).

The whole story is a masterpiece. Don't start from the 6th season !!! You won't appreciate it the way you should.

Is there another big star this season? Glen Close and Forest Whitaker were phenomenal.

11pm tonight!!! :thumbup:

quality episode.

With my cable being out I didnt get the chance to watch it, fuckers!!

Sue!!

(or find out when the repeat's on)

awesome episode last night!

Shield is one of the best TV Series ever !
I have my own collection with all season from 1 to 6.

Same here i have them all on dvd, its just great tv! Apart from the 3rd series anyhow! So how do we think it will end, i cant see past vic either dying or going to jail..?

My wife never watched it before so I'm enjoying starting again from season 1 with her, good way to forget the strike is to watch shows you missed first time around, we're currently watching The Shield and Jericho, just finished season 2 of Life on Mars which was superb but we missed for some reason before :)

Yup i missed Jericho when it first came out, but watching 1st series on itv2 at the momoent, am i right in saying that it was cancelled though?

It was but there was a lot of fan pressure and it was given a 8 episode 2nd season and now its found a new permanent home on Sci Fi.

I was hoping Journeyman and 4400 would somehow be un-culled, such a shame that quality TV shows is wasted on an American mass audience who'd rather watch reality TV shows or tractor pulling and other such shit (obviously Americans on this site are exempt from such derogatory comments as the fact they're into football shows they are of impeccable taste) ;)

Rumour has it the strike may end Feb 14th, but obviously even if it does then we're not going to see new episodes until April/May at the earliest, maybe we should start a "Surviving the Writer's strike" where we suggest shows to each other to watch that may have slipped under the radar first time around ;)

I was hoping Journeyman and 4400 would somehow be un-culled, such a shame that quality TV shows is wasted on an American mass audience who'd rather watch reality TV shows or tractor pulling and other such shit (obviously Americans on this site are exempt from such derogatory comments as the fact they're into football shows they are of impeccable taste) ;)

Rumour has it the strike may end Feb 14th, but obviously even if it does then we're not going to see new episodes until April/May at the earliest, maybe we should start a "Surviving the Writer's strike" where we suggest shows to each other to watch that may have slipped under the radar first time around ;)

Lets hope the strike does end on the 14th. I cant believe the 4400 has gone although they did change which way the show was moving form series to series but stil such a shame. Havnt seen any of Journeyman, its the guy out of Rome playing the lead, is it worth watching?

I watched the first episode of the Terminator series last night, definatly could become a great show although....
Arnies role played by a girl will get some getting used to!

Anyhow the Shield is back for its last half a season at the beggining of April, all the episodes have already been done, so its unaffected by the writers strike! :)

I thought the 4400 was changing for the better, to me it was an example of good writing moving the show forward, considering it was only meant to be a one off mini series at first it really shows how well the writers and producers did to get 3 full seasons out of it after the first one, and there was much more scope for movement, contrary to the dead zone which has just been cancelled after its 6th season which was utterly dire and didn't move the show forward at all.

I haven't started the terminator yet, a bit wary of starting yet another show only to have it cancelled under me, without giving anything away the performance of the actor playing The John Connor protector changed from the pilot to the next episode (was reading about it on the net).

As to Journeyman yep same actor, well worth watching IMO, shame it has ended but they did manage to tie it up well enough at the end so you can watch the whole season as a one off and not be too downhearted, it's a bit slow at first so IMO better if you can sit down and watch a couple of eps at a time (or more) to help things move along :)

Another excellent series to watch whilst the strike is going on is Touching Evil (the US one), same guy who's now in Burn Notice (another great show). Yet another would be Boomtown, fairly routine cop show premise except as the storyline branches you keep going back to the start to follow different branches before they unfold into the episode's conclusion, interesting premise which for me worked well (sadly for viewer ratings it didn't work and half way through the season the execs started messing with the producers and made them fuck about with the branching stuff).......

R1 box art,

TheShield_S6_early.jpg

Season 7 should start in America in April but I've found this quote,

The Shield creator, Shawn Ryan, has stated that due to his affiliation with the Writers Guild of America strike, he does not intend to be present on the set of the final episode of the series. He also does not plan to participate in editing the final episode.

Hopefully five will show it this year.

I urge everyone to watch this awesome, awesome show and spread the word, its the best cop show on TV period, you will not be disappointed i guarantee it.

I'm giving the show more promo than those ******* over at five.

tobi have you seen the wire? trumps it, IMO

and whos fault is it that we now have reality tv? :) Yeah we certainly do love the reality tv, i love reality tv too, its called soccer, american football, and hockey, the only true reality tv there is

Like all those new shows, but at the end of the day I still turn to Blackadder! What a series that was. Unsurpassed IMO

I dont thiink you can really compare the Shield and the Wire together i know there both cop shows but completly different in there own way. I got into the wire last year, it started off unbelievable slow while they intoduced the chrachters but was well worth sticking with, great show!

Watched Journeyman over the last week (thanks Placebo) good sereies, obviosly a blatant ripoff of Quantum Leap but still a good watch, well apart form his bad american accent!

Back
Top Bottom