The Simpsons (PS3/PS2/PSP/360/Wii/DS)

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
The Simpsons (PS3 / PS2 / PSP / 360 / Wii / DS)

Ofiicial website
http://www.ea.com/simpsons/news.jsp

first screenshots

5841620070509_200242_0_big.jpg

5841620070509_200243_1_big.jpg

5841620070509_200244_2_big.jpg

EA's The Simpsons Game Unveiled Alongside The Simpsons 400th Episode

A carnival atmosphere pervades as people in Squishee brand cut-off tees serve bright red and blue drinks from the store front of the Kwik-e-Mart and servers with tall blue wigs take drink orders.

It's hot on the FOX lot, but on the set of what appears to be Main Street, Everytown USA the event feels like a block party. The slick socialites and chest-slung babies that dot the FOX lot speak to the mass appeal of the Simpsons, and though they are all waiting for the much anticipated 400th episode, everyone is busy taking photos on the familiar Simpsons' couch or enjoying fajitas from the Krusty Burger.

A large film screen looms over a DJ. A naked running Homer is projected on screen, "The streak continues…" it says.

Elsewhere in the FOX studio, EA prepares to unveil the Simpsons Game to the press for the first time. Stand-ups border a large flat screen, each portrays the Simpsons characters comically interjected into game settings, they read: "NeverQuest," "Medal of Homer," "Bartman Begins," and "Grand Theft Scratchy."

As the press files in, there is a sense that something special is about to take place. Despite the fact that if one looks back, this is the 22nd in a storied series of Simpsons' titles, the fact that the announcement of this game is taking place alongside the staggering accomplishment of the series' 400th installment, sets it apart as unique.

Once everyone is settled, the event begins. After a brief introduction the series' writers are introduced: Tim Long, Matt Selman and Matt Warburton take the stage. They talk for a few minutes about the experience of writing the original script for the game, close to an hour of original cinematics, and 8,000 lines of dialogue define the game as an extension of the show itself.

After the writers finish talking, the demo begins. We see the first glimpse of the game. A level entitled, "Around the World in 80 Bites," showcases Homer as he runs through the Duff Brewery, eating everything from tacos to Chinese takeout. As never before, the game looks like just the show, bringing familiar characters like Barney Gumble and The Bumblebee Man to life.

As the demo concludes, Matt Groening enters the room and speaks enthusiastically about the game alongside the writers. He tells the press about the unique experience of playing an original season of the Simpsons, and the writers speak about the title as a rebirth of Simpsons as an interactive experience. Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart, shows up as well to show her support.

After the press leaves the room, people filter across the street. The sun sets softly on the same street, and hanging lights are lit overhead. Groening takes the stage and humbly thanks the animators of the show, the sound team, and everyone responsible for the last 20 years of the Simpsons.

As the lights dim and the familiar theme plays, we watch the 400th episode together, in the streets. As one looks across hundreds of faces, it is easy to see that the Simpsons is not merely a show, a movie, or a game, but an experience that has touched us all, its distinctly human humor is electric as the whole crowd chuckles, roars, and smiles together.

Last edited:
Re: The Simpsons (PS3 / PS2 / PSP / 360 / Wii / DS)

This thread has made my week, Thomas. I didn't know there was a The Simpsons based game being developed. Now this game is one of the few I'm really looking forward to. It's The Simpsons! :mrgreen:

From the pictures it seems like we can control the main characters, which sounds fantastic. SuperBart and HomerBall, here we go.

That just looks totally weird and abstract.

Could be great, could be terrible (and it's multiformat so I'm not expecting much)!

It will be interesting to see how this shapes up. I hope it turns out good :)

Dj

I wouldnt write it off matherto, either the film or the game. I think they will both be good.

Dj

It looks like an oversized hard drive. Similar to them Development units that apparently SmartXX nicked back in 2005....

smartxx-xbx360-three.jpg

Remember seeing those?

Dj

Last edited by a moderator:

mmmmmm Yellow Xbox 360 Simpsons Console :) *Homer Drools

Dj

One of the best trailers I've seen in a long time. :lol:

Medal of Homer

Last edited:

That is absolutely class. Masters of tongue-in-cheek, not just in the form of television, but in games as well. Brilliant.

This is one of the best game trailers I've seen. This game is going to be class. Can't wait.

Woo hoo.

The demo is fun but equally frustrating.

This game is fucking shite!

I don't know why there are cunts around that are allowed to produce such a shite game!

Last edited:
Oh shit, really? Was looking forward to this one! :(

(Saying that, you'd probably hate Crash Bandicoot: Crash Of The Titans and I think it's great... :oops:)

The demo is crap IMO. Frustrating, tacky and nothing new. I won't be bothering.

I like it apart from the fact that I'm pressing every button on the pad at once (literally) trying to defeat Lard Lad.

I can hit the first thing on his back but when I hit the second, the grip-hook thing disappears from the screen and I can't find the button to get it back on (I'm pressing Y like a madman and nothing's happening). Can someone help me out??

I think I will like it but if every level is so infuriatingly complicated then I won't.

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. How fucking fiddly.

SPRINGFIELD SHOPPER
GREAT JOB, SIMPSON!

Time 35:59.02
Target: 4:00.00

:|

Last edited:
I like the look of it, the idea of it, just the controls are sloppy and its like random button presses do multiple things, tis one I wont be getting.

Back
Top Bottom