The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Sick innit?
I about jumped out of my skin, Mind rape is the correct title, I could hardly hear the instructions in my mind saying "TURN IT OFF" :LOL:
I am a more refined listener in my old age. Mind you i still like listening to the Foo's now & Then. :ROCK:

Last edited:
:CURSE:Trying to play Nintendo Switch tabletop mode, without external accessories. From irritating to almost impossible.:RANT:

Allen keys.

###
OH dude.. And by the time I thought I had all size and shapes of Allen keys.... Tadaaaaaa... Star-shaped Allen key need. That one with similar the shape of Galactic Empire logo from Star Wars.
Back to the tool-store again.
0007d3b5b94d9da50591b547cb8c8930b9a8dad1_hq.jpg

Last edited:
Or me with the Allen keys trying to use them on a Torque screw/bolt
Then me having not got the right size allen key. will then search for a screwdriver to fit, then i find that they are either too big or small.

Whenever i do DIY... i get there in the end, but it's fraught with obstacles (sometimes danger) and also of the fact i may get up the stepladders then realise the next thing i need has been left over the other side of the room, and general daftness like that.

Yep DIY gives you a good feeling of accomplishment, when finished, but it still pisses me off doing it.

Then me having not got the right size allen key. will then search for a screwdriver to fit, then i find that they are either too big or small.

Whenever i do DIY... i get there in the end, but it's fraught with obstacles (sometimes danger) and also of the fact i may get up the stepladders then realise the next thing i need has been left over the other side of the room, and general daftness like that.

Yep DIY gives you a good feeling of accomplishment, when finished, but it still pisses me off doing it.
Best treasure I've found?
In our (former) bin room (trash room) we also have two sections for other things.
Like toys/books/dvd etc that people place there if anyone wants it instead of throwing straight away.
Anyway, found a big plastic box,like the ones you have when going fishing.
Filled with screwdrivers of all sizes,I mean down to the tiniest ones, pliers,special tools for opening up watches etc.
Best thing I've ever found,use that box when fixing my guitars,open up Xbox controllers etc etc.
And yes,fixing stuff yourself is so rewarding.
Me and 10-15 other guys built a concrete pool for skating a few years back,proper DIY!

I estimate at least 5% of my time doing DIY is spent looking for where I last put down the pencil.

Me and 10-15 other guys built a concrete pool for skating a few years back,proper DIY!

It can give a real sense of achievement can't it. My dad built an extension when I was a tiny kid with a flat roof. My contribution at that time as a 4 year old was apparently to put several tools down in the gap between the bricks and the breeze blocks. :LOL: Where they remain to today! Anyway about 15-20 years later the roof got a leak. Me and my dad took the roof off, put boards down as a new ceiling and then built a new sloping roof that we attached to the original roof of the rest of the house and tiled it all ourselves. Massive sense of achievement at the end of that.

Nice to see the hate for Allen keys.

I get the science, but there's not one instance where an Allen has done a job for me that a screwdriver couldn't. Yet, there's another one in the flat pack box to add to the collection.

There are possibly more Allen Keys in existence than any other tool.

@mattmid so cool,doing stuff with your dad,passing down knowledge is so important.
Wish I was a bit more active doing more building/fixing,it's really fun.

One thing I've thought about doing is to sign up at a local workshop,anyone can sign up, costs £50 a year,you get some storage space for your project, professional guys assisting you,all the tools you need etc.
Plus a bunch of other guys/girls hanging out with the same interests.

Even though I'd settle for a shed to hang out in,comfy chair,fridge,and a kettle (gotta have a radio as well right?)

@mattmid so cool,doing stuff with your dad,passing down knowledge is so important.
Wish I was a bit more active doing more building/fixing,it's really fun.

One thing I've thought about doing is to sign up at a local workshop,anyone can sign up, costs £50 a year,you get some storage space for your project, professional guys assisting you,all the tools you need etc.
Plus a bunch of other guys/girls hanging out with the same interests.

Even though I'd settle for a shed to hang out in,comfy chair,fridge,and a kettle (gotta have a radio as well right?)

I'm embarrassingly average when it comes to handiwork, given my grandad was a carpenter. Bloody white collar revolution.

That is.....Until you need the right one. :ROLL:

I've been set since I started cycling and acquired a couple of decent multi-tools. Makes the ones in the box redundant right off the bad. Pain in the ass to recycle too.

@Flipper the Priest feels good to fix stuff yourself.
Or grow/make stuff.

I started to grow chili and various greens a few years back and was surprised how it grew and could harvest 100+ chili's.
Then moved on to make my own ale and "wtf this is easy and so good"
Instead of being on the couch yelling at the TV

Sick innit?
Hey jay, at the time of posting this, i just noticed your track is still the last post in that thread. i bet everyone who goes to post in there, are drawn to the bizarre

title, and are now in a gibbering mess, unable to post anything due to forgetting what they went there for. :LOL:

Hey jay, at the time of posting this, i just noticed your track is still the last post in that thread. i bet everyone who goes to post in there, are drawn to the bizarre

title, and are now in a gibbering mess, unable to post anything due to forgetting what they went there for. :LOL:

I can only hope.

Getting pissed off about own goals,a beautiful long shot/chip whatever,hits someone and it's an own goal?

I get it when someone bangs it in to his own net,but deflections etc.
That's bullshit.

Even worse,player A does a few players in,beautiful setup to player B who bangs it in via a deflection,both gets punished by not being in the stats sheet!

Getting pissed off about own goals,a beautiful long shot/chip whatever,hits someone and it's an own goal?

I get it when someone bangs it in to his own net,but deflections etc.
That's bullshit.

Even worse,player A does a few players in,beautiful setup to player B who bangs it in via a deflection,both gets punished by not being in the stats sheet!

Is this another crazy ruling brought in, like handball ? Because the way i thought it was, was if the shots original trajectory was heading for the goal then it was
deflected then the goal was awarded to the shot taker, but if it was going to miss, then deflected in, then an own goal.

The way the game is now though, it pisses me off too.

Is this another crazy ruling brought in, like handball ? Because the way i thought it was, was if the shots original trajectory was heading for the goal then it was
deflected then the goal was awarded to the shot taker, but if it was going to miss, then deflected in, then an own goal.

The way the game is now though, it pisses me off too.
I've seen a few heading for goal,one comes to mind was this weekend when Joaquin in Betis did setup a team mate,took a shoot,on goal,bounced of a defender,changed its trajectory,og shot still in goal,then in goal.
Same with Messi goal last week.

Nevertheless,still sucks for the assist guy

I've seen a few heading for goal,one comes to mind was this weekend when Joaquin in Betis did setup a team mate,took a shoot,on goal,bounced of a defender,changed its trajectory,og shot still in goal,then in goal.
Same with Messi goal last week.

Nevertheless,still sucks for the assist guy

Does this not change country by country? I was of the understanding that in some nations (Italy for one, maybe) any deflection is considered an own goal. Whereas in the UK, if the shot is on target anyway, the attacker gets the goal.

It's made me remember one of my most unpopular "opinions" - Messi's solo goal against Real Madrid in 2011 was an own goal. Come get me!

Does this not change country by country? I was of the understanding that in some nations (Italy for one, maybe) any deflection is considered an own goal. Whereas in the UK, if the shot is on target anyway, the attacker gets the goal.

It's made me remember one of my most unpopular "opinions" - Messi's solo goal against Real Madrid in 2011 was an own goal. Come get me!
Ha ha :) #grandemessi
Think you're right,me mainly watching La Liga /Serie A (besides my Swedish team) I've noticed that pretty much all is given as an own goal in those two Series,which I think sucks,football is so conservative,I bet there's people guarding that idea firmly,my take is that last player on the ball (offensive player )gets it.
But mainly it's such a backwards logic if you have one setting up a beautiful pass and gets punished by not getting an assist because it's deemed as an own goal.

Got other shit on my mind as well.
Clip someone in the penalty box as a last man,get a red card,penalty for the opposition and most likely a goal up the ass too,triple penalty.
Unless the tackle is wreck less,and would be a red card anywhere else on the pitch,a yellow will do fine for me.

Or give the red card,they score the penalty,change it to a yellow.
Like I said,football is so God damn conservative.

That was actually changed in 2016. If the foul is deemed accidental (preventing a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity) it's yellow. Deliberate, red.

Aberdeen found this out the hard way just weeks after the rule change:

The less said about what happened later in that game, the better.

Rules are twisted in football and it just lurches from one furore to another. This current handball hubbub, for example, will gather dust until the next one comes along. There's not enough sustained anger to force change. And it's downplayed just how much players, managers and clubs could affect change if they really wanted to.

That was actually changed in 2016. If the foul is deemed accidental (preventing a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity) it's yellow. Deliberate, red.

Aberdeen found this out the hard way just weeks after the rule change:

The less said about what happened later in that game, the better.

Rules are twisted in football and it just lurches from one furore to another. This current handball hubbub, for example, will gather dust until the next one comes along. There's not enough sustained anger to force change. And it's downplayed just how much players, managers and clubs could affect change if they really wanted to.
Hand ball rule is so out of whack,last season you could get a yellow mid pitch,but not in the pen box.
They've most likely changed it this year again.
Since they have var nowadays it shouldn't be that hard to sort out,is it deliberate?
Do you make yourself bigger?
Etc etc.
A ball bouncing up on someone's hand by mistake,not giving the the defending team an advantage should never be a pen

I'm not envious of the rule makers on that one. The intent argument would quickly fall down when a clearly accidental handball stops a goal or clear-cut chance. Some unintentional handballs have to be punished in my opinion.

I think it should be determined by whether a handball prevents a "promising attack" or "obvious goalscoring opportunity". Both terms outlined in the laws. Yellow and red cards, respectively, for deliberate offences only. Also maybe consider making accidental handballs punishable by indirect free kicks instead.

Anyway... how we're still charged admin fees for entirely computerised transactions.

Back
Top Bottom