The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

And the feeling I had when I played PES 2008 on PS3. I'd fill that bottle with stones and throw it in the North Sea

Sounds like the same one I had for PES 2008 on PC.

It was, also in other ways, i used to receive cigarette burns on my arms, and get 200 cigarettes for Christmas. :SMOKIN:Oh yeah and we all knew a teacher who is called "Dick"

I knew a couple of teachers who used to throw chalkboard dusters. The wooden ones.

I knew a couple of teachers who used to throw chalkboard dusters. The wooden ones.
Me too, and one of them dragged a lad across the classroom by his collar while still sat on the chair.

Also a teacher who had a bad case of shite breath, and when he told me off, i couldn't look him in the face. I bet it fed his ego thinking i was looking at the floor dejected. When i was thinking "FFS! i wish you would clean your teeth".

My teachers had a varied armoury, Length of bunsen burner tube, T Square, leather belt, rounders bat, trying to pick You up by the sideburns,
not to mention bog standard caning.

Don't worry Guys, I got through it all unscathed !

We hade a English/German teacher who wore clogs/slippers and kicked those across the room to get our attention when we we chatting,former military,scary as fuck,getting hit with those torpedoes wasn't to pleasant!

There was 3 types of teacher, ones that ruled by fear. Others that were soft and you pissed around. Then the best ones, who were down to earth, on your level and everybody liked them and you happily did your work.
Not many of the latter at my old school. this was 70's -80's Britain though.
No one to wrap you up in cotton wool back then.
The nanny state would have had an heart attack back then. :LOL: i know most of you in here are old enough to remember. ;)

I think it's remarkable how few teachers are actually cut out to be teachers. All great teachers have a humility and wit about them to just get on with most pupils and placate the knobheads.

Most of my classes comprised about 30 people. Of that you'd probably have about nine quiet nerds, nine talkers, three absolute tools and nine jobbers who just kind of make up the numbers and assume the mood of the room. By just being decent people most teachers will win over the nerds, talkers and jobbers in a flash. The tools were more of a case by case basis depending on how much the teacher wanted out of them. But as far as discipline goes less was often more.

Unfortunately, most teachers (in my experience) are uptight, fussy and thoroughly charmless. Once they lose control of one tool the rest of the class is like a house of cards. The other tools pounce like rabid dogs, the talkers lose all focus, the jobbers follow suit and before you know it only the nerds have gotten past writing the date in the margin and the head teacher's at the door.

See if it wasn't for the tools, I reckon I'd make a great teacher. But are there worse people in the world than sarky teenagers? Yeah, give it 10 years, sunshine, and you'll be dead inside like the rest of us.

People changing the PES default controls, in whatever crazy combinations they feel comfortable (which is not bad) and then posting in the internet, as their control config is given and everyone should know what they mean. (which is bad)

IE: " oh I find supercancel ('SHARE button' + 'D-pad down' ) works perfectly this year"..

Or "I love the speed burst this year, double tapping the 'AIRFLOW' button"

Or " Second man pressure works as it should be this year, I mean pressing the 'PROFILE-button' in the back of my gamepad."

Or " I have through pass in the PS/Xbox button"....

People changing the PES default controls, in whatever crazy combinations they feel comfortable (which is not bad) and then posting in the internet, as their control config is given and everyone should know what they mean. (which is bad)

IE: " oh I find supercancel ('SHARE button' + 'D-pad down' ) works perfectly this year"..

Or "I love the speed burst this year, double tapping the 'AIRFLOW' button"

Or " Second man pressure works as it should be this year, I mean pressing the 'PROFILE-button' in the back of my gamepad."

I know what you mean. "I shoot with the reset button. I find the toothpick gives you extra control."

94a32452408eab6c57b72dabedf7d05a.gif

It doesn't piss me off, but my mind was blown recently when I learned people use triangle for sprint like olde FIFA. 🤯

That "perfect button config" for Pes ,it got it's version on 2k "what's the the perfect jump shoot animation"
Just time your fucking shoot man.

With that said,if I was a button config nerd,and being on Xbox as I am,I'd get a Elite controller,imagine never have to move your thumbs for passing/shooting?
Instead you use paddles on the backside!

Autumn/fall people.
"I love when the colour's change...the high and crispy air"
Fucking idiots,it's dark,it rains 24/7 and you can't do a good damn thing outdoors

The worst is when they forget the fries. McMutants are regular offenders.

It's this expectation that you're to check your order before the delivery driver leaves. Goes for all deliveries, not just food.

Thanks for my three 20kg boxes of new dining table and chair set that you've launched from five metres away. Can you please wait there for 15 minutes - enough to get you sacked - while I open it all and make sure nothing's damaged?

It's this expectation that you're to check your order before the delivery driver leaves. Goes for all deliveries, not just food.

Thanks for my three 20kg boxes of new dining table and chair set that you've launched from five metres away. Can you please wait there for 15 minutes - enough to get you sacked - while I open it all and make sure nothing's damaged?
I spent many years doing parcel deliveries, it was in my own interests to make sure i had the correct order delivered, as to not be running backwards and forwards like a blue arsed fly. Also when they deliver food, even if you notice they have forgotten something.....Waiting for them to come back, kinda ruins the occasion. Fast food my arse.

These last few weeks have been an absolute shitshow.

It all started, ironically enough, when I managed to get an interview for a dream job - and I felt like my luck was changing. The interview date was set for the following week.

The next day (a few Fridays ago), I woke up with a sore neck. Thought nothing of it ("must have slept in a funny position"). Three hours later the pain was excruciating, truly unbearable, and I couldn't see properly out of my right eye. The left half of my vision in that eye was a flashing rainbow.

I rang the doctor, and got told I have to fill in a form on their website before anyone will even TALK to me, let alone see me for treatment. So I fill in the form, and it says that given the symptoms, I need to dial 111 (the non-emergency, but-still-semi-serious version of 999).

I dial 111, and the lady tells me it's either just a pulled muscle and a migraine, or a trapped nerve, and I need to make an appointment with my doctor. IF ONLY I FUCKING COULD!

So I rang the doctor. "Have you filled in the form on the website", they said. "Yes", I said, "and it told me to ring 111, who've told me to ring you to get an appointment".

"You can't get an appointment without filling in the form - if you fill it in properly, it will give you an appointment". Cue me losing my fucking mind.

Then, she says "oh hang on, when the form asked for your pain level between 1-10, what did you put". "Well, considering the pain is literally blinding me, I put 9/10."

"Oh, there's your problem! If you put 5/10 or over, it won't let you get to the appointment stage - it'll tell you to call 111 instead." WHAT FOR? SO THEY CAN SAY "SOUNDS SERIOUS, BETTER RING A DOCTOR"? And of course, by this point, they had no appointments left.

The next day, having managed no sleep from the pain (I can't stress the pain enough, like the feeling of being stung by a wasp at the top of your spine unendingly)... A doctor asked me to go in to be seen. By this point, I had (and still have) lost feeling in my left shoulder. Completely numb, other than "pins and needles".

His diagnosis? "Wry neck". Prescribes diazepam and amitriptyline, i.e. heavy painkillers and something to help me sleep through it.

Today, the pain is no different, but I can sleep thanks to the amitriptyline. The doctors are telling me to carry on and it'll eventually get better. But I don't see how.

I ended up paying to see a chiropractor - which isn't covered by the NHS, for me anyway, because the doctors say it's just a pulled muscle. The chiropractor is certain it's a trapped nerve, but could only offer the same "plan of action"... Take painkillers until it gets better (and, go in for a regular neck twisting / pummelling for £35 a week).

I'm too off-my-face on painkillers to work, in too much pain to stop thinking about how much pain I'm in, and I'm shitting myself that I might get in trouble at work if this doesn't magically fix itself in a few days.

Oh, and that interview? I asked if I could postpone it, because there's no way I could do it with the pain I'm in at the moment...

...they never replied, and the role has now been filled.

On top of all that...

John Lewis reduced the price of my dream TV this week (which I want for the new Xbox, which I've got to pick up on Tuesday morning, despite not being able to drive cos of the painkillers I'm on).

I work for a company that sells gift cards to their employees at a discount rate. John Lewis is one of the brands. So I could buy £1,000s worth of John Lewis gift cards, and save about £150.

But I knew that in ordering them, and waiting for them to be packed and ready for delivery / collection, the TV might go out of stock in the meantime.

I asked our head of the picking / packing facility what my odds were of getting them by the end of the week. "Oh mate, if you order them today" (Monday) "you'll almost definitely be able to pick them up tonight!" Brilliant.

So on Monday at 10:02am, I ordered £1,000s of John Lewis gift cards at the reduced rate.

Turns out, a major fault developed between our company, our financial software and our company bank account... On Monday. From 10am precisely.

All orders from that point were fucked up. No details were recorded correctly. Order numbers were generated but not recorded. Nor customer details. Nor order details. But the payments were still attempted to be processed, in the "pending" stage of a bank transaction, without ever getting the "go" code that allows the money to be taken.

I waited until Friday for the company to fix my issue - along with 1,000s of other people. They couldn't fix it.

In the meantime, I couldn't buy the TV without the gift cards - the payment was refused, because my bank thought I was going to put myself in debt. (Because you can't cancel a pending transaction - only wait for it to "fail" after 5-7 days.)

Unbelievably, after all that, and after the pending transaction "failing" on Friday... John Lewis still had stock of the TV. So, thank God, I've got it.

But... John Lewis were offering £100 cashback voucher earlier in the week. That offer expired, on... You guessed it... Friday.

So not only have I missed out on saving £150 by ordering THREE MINUTES too late to avoid a system error - I've missed out on a £100 voucher by not being able to get my money back until Friday.

Now, I'm just waiting for the TV to arrive with dead pixels, or to get burn-in after a week.

Finally... (And yes, we are firmly in "first world problems" at this point.)

BT called me the other week. "Did you know that you qualify for FTTP internet? That means Fibre To The Property. You live close enough to the exchange that you can get a fibre connection directly to your house, not sharing it with the street, giving you 5x your download speed for an extra £10 a month."

I thought about it and decided - you know what? New consoles, huge downloads... I'll get the benefit. Sure, why not. 300mb/s for an extra tenner a month. Flick that switch, baby!

At no point did they tell me what happens next. There is no flicking a switch.

They came out a week ago, with no forewarning, to start pulling out cables beneath my front window. Which they've left lying on the driveway, open to the elements (i.e. a week of solid rain).

Then, on Tuesday - which I don't have a choice about, it HAS to be Tuesday - they're coming back to drill through my front wall, to put a special modem on the other side of it, which is NOWHERE NEAR where my TV or router is, and I'm going to have to route tons of cabling across a room in a situation where there are already so many cables that there's just no room - either around the living room doorframe or under the carpet.

If they'd told me any of this would be needed, I'd have paid them £10 to NOT have to deal with any of it. I really don't know how I'm going to do it.

So on Tuesday I've got to...
  • Go and pick up the Xbox - which I can't, because I can't drive on the painkillers I'm on.
  • Come back to let the BT engineers drill through my front wall - and hope that I haven't missed them
  • Take receipt of the new TV from John Lewis - and hope I haven't missed that delivery.
  • Take my old TV down, take it to my mum and dad's so they can have a free upgrade, teach them how to use it, and then have an hour's argument with them (because I know for a fact that, even though they'll be getting a free upgrade from a ghosting old Plasma that's on its deathbed, they will say they preferred the old one, because they are a pair of contrary fuckers who think anything new is shit because "they don't make anything like they used to", even if a blind man could see the difference in quality).
  • Set up my new TV - probably not.
  • Set up the new Xbox - probably not.

In a nutshell: whomever has put a curse on me, it's working.

Im always checking when im doing a takeway of course and ask for correction but when im starving and the delivery guy shows up after an hour, knows nothing about anything and im missing the extra bacon i just dont care. And i always forgot to mark the places of course that make mistakes.

@Chris Davies Sorry to hear about your back Chris. I suffer with a trapped nerve in my lumber that gives me stiatica. So i feel ya mate. especially in these times.

As for the BT engineers...surely they will run a cable through the wall, putting your modem wherever you require it in that room, no?

And as for picking your xbox up...get jay to come and pick you up to get it, he's only down the road in warro. :P

@Chris Davies Sorry to hear about your back Chris. I suffer with a trapped nerve in my lumber that gives me stiatica. So i feel ya mate. especially in these times.
Any advice on getting through the pain, other than diazepam and exercises?

As for the BT engineers...surely they will run a cable through the wall, putting your modem wherever you require it in that room, no?
The complication is that there now needs to be a modem and a router (not just a router) - and a whole new wire to deal with that doesn't come into the house anywhere near the TV equipment.

With the cable having to come in under the living room window, which is 20ft away from where the TV etc. is, I don't know whether he'll A) put the modem on the other side of the wall and then send a 20ft wire from that around the room to go into the router, or B) put a 20ft cable through which goes all the way around the room, to a modem which will be sat next to the router, and then connect that to the router with the world's shortest cable. I'm betting it's the former, just because the other side of the wall is clear, whereas the area where the TV is, is a nightmare of cables etc...

And as for picking your xbox up...get jay to come and pick you up to get it, he's only down the road in warro. :P
He'd shove his pubes in the disc drive, and that's just the start.

Back
Top Bottom